FCW: It Matters!

Reading every match, remembering my prediction and just going "ah, well, nevertheless..." repeatedly. Awesome main event that made Mutant finally making it feel earned, really strong promos and the family drama is really compelling and often cuts through to feel realistic. Charlie T is a nice get too, he fits the vibe.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:41 AM, AboardTheArk said:

Reading every match, remembering my prediction and just going "ah, well, nevertheless..." repeatedly. Awesome main event that made Mutant finally making it feel earned, really strong promos and the family drama is really compelling and often cuts through to feel realistic. Charlie T is a nice get too, he fits the vibe.

Good to hear that as a concern I had was Mutants previous losses (despite him having big excuses for them) would take the edge off fan support for him so I knew it had to be a dominant display. 

And a second concern was that Charlie Thatcher is not a glamorous signing. I've been very careful to stick to the original roster and he is actually my first in ring signing but like you say I think he actually fits us well and I like the challenge of avoiding obvious signings. He's also actually very popular and was appearing on USPW TV very regularly until they decided to not renew so in my mind this would actually be a pretty shocking coup despite his age.

I don't like to go into my thinking behind booking decisions too much incase it gives plans away but one I do feel the need to comment on is Xavi's loss. I think part of the issue is people are used to him in PSW where he's one of the most popular members of roster. He started this year with like 10 pop in Puerto Rico! Which was a big factor in him losing his title early. Frederique on the other hand is around 65 pop. So not only would Frederique not accept losing to him (he is even very angry at losing in the main event despite not being pinned) but it didn't feel right even if storyline wise it might have been Xavi's time to some. 

The other perhaps controversial booking choice will be Handsome's loss. I worry in my attempt to give depth to the heel character by giving him some genuine reason to feel hard done by I perhaps over did it and foreshadowed a face turn that in truth I don't see coming. But we'll see, plans always change!

There's also some exciting news to come...

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 4

Prediction Rankings

QFresh: 4 6 3 4 5 5 2 (29)

Willsky: 4 5 3 5 6 4 (27)

AboardTheArk: 5 4 2 5 6 2 (24)

jcarmjn: 4 5 3 5 5 1 (23)

MidKnightDreary: 5 4 6 4 3 (22)

Newbiezness: 3 4 5 2 (14)

DinoKea: 4 5 4  (13)

D-lyrium: 6 3 (9)

KyTeran: 6 3 (9)

TheHeel: 5  

Aura: 5

Neslo024: 4

The Blonde Bomber: 4

Prime Time: 3

Just now, christmas_ape said:

Prediction Rankings

QFresh: 4 6 3 4 5 5 2 (29)

Willsky: 4 5 3 5 6 4 (27)

AboardTheArk: 5 4 2 5 6 2 (24)

jcarmjn: 4 5 3 5 5 1 (23)

MidKnightDreary: 5 4 6 4 3 (22)

Newbiezness: 3 4 5 2 (14)

DinoKea: 4 5 4  (13)

D-lyrium: 6 3 (9)

KyTeran: 6 3 (9)

TheHeel: 5  

Aura: 5

Neslo024: 4

The Blonde Bomber: 4

Prime Time: 3

I didn't quite realise how surprising most those last results were until I tallied it up now, comfortably my least predictable show. Whilst that's to be expected with a 6 man main event I think it was more Xavi/Latino Kings people didn't see losing, I do see why. 

In truth I've not decided when these rankings will run up to, thinking I'll just keep the total scores running. I'm undecided on whether to offer prizes out or not... I'll think! 

Hopefully these smaller shows with less detail are still readable? They are for me but I've never really checked it on a phone. This one just posted in particular is an important one! 

Press conference to follow. I didn't know exactly when I would get TV and so I have my monthly plans completely sorted for quite a long time sorted, now a lot of it will need a rework as obviously 5 or shows a month will look very different to my 1 major 1 or 2 minor shows that I've been doing. Hopefully this doesn't cause too much of a delay to my posting.

Up next on TV-PR...

For the first time in their history the stars of FREEDOM Caribbean Wrestling are invited into the homes of every house in Puerto Rico. 

Tune in for what promises to me a memorable beginning to the new era of FCW. 

Puerto Rican Title

Mutant (c) vs Handsome Stranger

People's Championship

Island Boy Apollo (c) vs Bradford Peverell

Cobra vs Bull Wrecker

Bonus: Following the fiery words shared between The Gonzalez Family at The Freedom Movement, Lee Bambino has a sit down interview with Marco. Lee has asked for any questions from the FCW fans...   

Just 3 points up for grabs here as I don't want to actually give points for the bonus in case people feel obliged. But I enjoyed doing something similar briefly in my RAW diary and I think these Bambino sit down interviews will help with some characters. 

• Like 4

Puerto Rican Title

Hid title reign just started, Stanger ain’t getting the strap back that easy.

People's Championship

Cobra vs Bull Wrecker

@Leebambino How does Marco expect to overcome the experience gap to defeat his uncle? #QuestionsforMarco

Puerto Rican Title

No question here. The champion doesn't drop the belt back straight away.

People's Championship

Peverell is a top guy in the company and could have a chance, but I reckon someone will cost him the match.

Cobra vs Bull Wrecker

Build up a big guy to go after the PR title in a few shows time?

Question for Marco: How will wrestling your uncle be different to wrestling other members of the roster?

• Like 1

Thank you all! The first show was always bound to be a little extra stacked. Going forward I'm still working out how these shows will be used. 

Way I see it there's 4 purposes they could serve... 

A) Building towards the next monthly (or so) event. 

B) Advancing storylines

C) Giving time to build up main characters 

D) Shining spotlight on the wrestlers who would otherwise rarely appear on the big events

Some of this might sound obvious, but after focusing on TV only RAW for so long, and then Event only FCW. I'm not really used to the mixture and getting that sweet spot between the Events standing out but the weekly shows being worth the read is something I'll have to experiment with. Likelihood is that the purpose will sway from one week to the next. Which might make them seem a little inconsistent, but hopefully a fun ride. 

Whilst all FCW news has been positive there's now a big dose of reality to balance it out. Unless I'm missing something, from that last show... I received from TV-PR... $70. Now I understand it's on the graveyard slot, I understand it's only shown in Puerto Rico which I imagine is one of the smallest zones in the world (if not the smallest perhaps?) and I understand because we've only just got the pop to be on it we had to take a deal giving us only 20% of the revenue... but still. $70!!!!  It's not even like TV-PR is a tiny broadcaster either.

My entire game plan has been around doing whatever was needed to get on TV-PR real quick. Now for events that is all good and safe, and I thought I was being conservative by taping 2 weeks TV in one go to save money, but obviously not enough as with the increased costs with the TV show we will not last long getting !!$70!! per show. 

But PRP is stubborn, he will not change his course flippantly. He wanted a weekly show broadcasted to every home on the island and he hates the idea of wrestleworld. But that will likely mean cuts are needed, most talent on the roster are paid peanuts. The Puerto Rican Champion is paid $30 a show! But then there are some greedy greedy souls who are being paid literally 50 times that much and so I have some important decisions to make... 

• Like 2

Up next on TV-PR...

Join us for FCW's second ever televised show as the road to Choked Out! continues to be paved. 

Freedom Fighters 2

Brody's Final Match in the quest to 10: Giant Brody vs ???

Winners face Harlem Knights for the FCW Tag Team Titles: Ox & Ace vs Relentless vs Joffy Laine and Davis Wayne Newton

Lee Bambino continues the hard hitting interviews he wants to be known for, but being the amateur he is requires your help. Do the fans have any questions for Carlos Gonzalez ahead of his clash with Marco?

Freedom Fighters 3

Mutant & Kip Keenan vs Relentless

Young & Wasted vs Batch Enterprises (Tex Tegan & Martyr)

This time it will be the FCW Puerto Rican Champion, Mutant, in Lee Bambino's hot seat. What would you like to see asked of your reining champion?

I felt like asking people to comment just for two predictions isn't ideal so I'll group them into two going forward. 

Although as an update, the financial tail spin is proving difficult to control... Perhaps instead of fan predictions it should just be a plea for donations. Strict cost cutting measures are incoming though so keep your fingers crossed for the company. I'm still salty at that $70 figure. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, christmas_ape said:

Freedom Fighters 2

Brody's Final Match in the quest to 10: Giant Brody vs ???

Looks like you're going all the way with this

Winners face Harlem Knights for the FCW Tag Team Titles: Ox & Ace vs Relentless vs Joffy Laine and Davis Wayne Newton

Love and odd couple tag team

Freedom Fighters 3

LOL

New stable takes the win

Freedom Fighters 2

Brody's Final Match in the quest to 10: Giant Brody vs ???

Feels like due to cost-cutting measures there's not someone being brought in who could spoil his party.

But can they coexist???

Lee Bambino continues the hard hitting interviews he wants to be known for, but being the amateur he is requires your help. Do the fans have any questions for Carlos Gonzalez ahead of his clash with Marco?

-

Freedom Fighters 3

Mutant is in scorching form, Relentless might need to do some soul-searching.

They're the new group, so.

This time it will be the FCW Puerto Rican Champion, Mutant, in Lee Bambino's hot seat. What would you like to see asked of your reining champion?

A simple one for the champ: Who would he like to see challenge him for his belt for as long as he holds it?