FCW: It Matters!

There's so much going on in every show. The first to 10 angle is fun and it's great that you've got both short-term (Mutant) and long-term contenders (Marco and now maybe Kip and Brody) lined up. The Xavi Ferrera stuff was expertly executed, giving him a big babyface moment even in defeat, and there are interesting stories all through the card like the Joffy/Davis feud that heated up fast.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:53 PM, 619 said:

There's so much going on in every show. The first to 10 angle is fun and it's great that you've got both short-term (Mutant) and long-term contenders (Marco and now maybe Kip and Brody) lined up. The Xavi Ferrera stuff was expertly executed, giving him a big babyface moment even in defeat, and there are interesting stories all through the card like the Joffy/Davis feud that heated up fast.

Glad to hear that, at first I was worried the race to 10 could drag, (assuming one of or both men make it to 10...) but now I'm running 2 other monthly shows I don't have that concern. 

Joffy/Davis will hopefully be a fun one, two of my best talent. Left them off the first show but there's definitely big plans for both. 

Second smaller show will be posted soon then the card for FREEDOM or Death 13. 

• Like 1

Card for FCW: FREEDOM Or Death 13

A rematch from 3 months prior, but this time with no rules, will the challenger be able to dethrone the long reigning king of FCW? Both other titles will also be on the line, with the fan favourite people's champ up against his biggest threat yet and a nephew/uncle partnership battling for duos gold. 

Elsewhere on the card two men on a roll are both up against mystery opponents and a three way contest will determine the next challengers to the Tag Team Titles. 

FCW Puerto Rican Title (No Rules)

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Mutant

FCW People's Championship

Island Boy Apollo(c) vs Bull Wrecker

Kip Keenan vs ???

??? vs Giant Brody

Triple Threat (Winners Team get Tag Title Shot)

Ox Mastadon vs Harlem Haynes vs Rob Reynolds

FCW Tag Team Titles

The Latino Kings(c) The Gonzalez Family

• Like 1

Going out on a limb here, but I think this could be the one. Odds are against Mutant as the rest of HH can get involved, but I can see Peverell making a difference (then immediately wanting a title match). 

A big win for IBA. I like Bull, but I think the champ's reign could go into overdrive with this victory.

Kip Keenan vs ???

First to ten, mystery opponent. Kip wins.

??? vs Giant Brody

First to ten, mystery opponent. Brody wins.

I like Haynes and Shaw, and they're heels to go up against LKs.

FCW Tag Team Titles

The Kings continue their reign!

I'm excited for this show - some great stories in the works and all the main characters are shining. 

Not sure why, but timing doesn't feel right for the change

Easy

Kip Keenan vs ???

??? vs Giant Brody

Classic build heat for the heel before the face wins the feud

Hmmm, something a bit different

FCW Tag Team Titles

Tensions rising in the Gonzalez Family

Handsome all the way

I don't see how Bull can win this

Kip Keenan vs ???

??? vs Giant Brody

FCW Tag Team Titles

The champions aren't failing tonight

I can't justify this, I just love Mutant and think he can be an excellent draw, and I don't think Marco gets the title in 2020 and iirc House Handsome has already held the main belt for a WHILE.

Local hero manages to hold on just a liiiiittle bit more.

Kip Keenan vs ???

Kip is crazy good. But he's also more likely to lose via weird interference, so I'm taking a risk here.

??? vs Giant Brody

If Kip is winning Brody needs to also stay hot. 

Haynes and Shaw are dope.

FCW Tag Team Titles

Not quite yet for Marco. But soon. Really soon.

Kip Keenan vs ???

??? vs Giant Brody

FCW Tag Team Titles

image.jpeg

I like to keep an eye on the wider wresting world but I probably won't do these more than a couple of times per game year as I see FCW as their own self contained, well, island. But I like the idea of the Alumni Watch, I also want to do some like this but focusing on what any current FCW stars are doing in other promotions as there's a few that work elsewhere too. 

FCW: FREEDOM Or Death 13 to follow soon. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Willsky said:

That main event was insane. I definitely didn't see that coming, but in a way in makes sense. Next show is gonna be wild.

It was the type of match I'm aware you can overdo but I think one wildly overbooked match every so often (when it fits the storyline) is ok. 

He will have a chance to explain himself so even if it doesn't fully make sense now it might become clearer.

Wow, what a finish. I always enjoy that psychology where the babyfaces finally cancel out the dominant heel faction's numbers advantage, only for it to turn out they've got someone else on side, but I never would've guessed who it would be. And it adds even more intrigue to my favourite angle with Marco Gonzalez with him now set to challenge Handsome Stranger. I'm not sure how it's all going to come together but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I just recently caught up with this dynasty, and I'm already deeply intrigued. FCW's a promotion that I found intriguing, and I'm pretty stunned by how much is already going on in this story. You can count me among the people who are shocked after that last main event. I need to know how that situation's going to unfold at the next show, especially from Marco's perspective.

• Like 1

Card for FCW: FREEDOM'S Fury

A match in the making since the very first contest of 2020, Freedom's Fury will answer the question is now the time for the future star of FCW? Two enemies will be forced to work together, a familiar face will return to the island and an announcement will be made regarding the FCW Hall of Fame. 

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Marco Gonzalez

FCW Tag Team Titles

The Latino Kings vs The Harlem Knights

Mutant vs Carlos Gonzalez

Xavi Ferrera vs A member of House of Handsome

??? and ??? vs The McWade Twins

Kip Keenan vs ???

People's Championship Open Challenge

Island Boy Apollo vs ???

• Like 1

FCW Puerto Rican Title

Handsome Stranger(c) vs Marco Gonzalez

FCW Tag Team Titles

The Latino Kings vs The Harlem Knights

Mutant vs Carlos Gonzalez

Xavi Ferrera vs A member of House of Handsome

??? and ??? vs The McWade Twins

Kip Keenan vs ???

People's Championship Open Challenge

Island Boy Apollo vs ???

On 2/26/2023 at 12:26 AM, Aura said:

I just recently caught up with this dynasty, and I'm already deeply intrigued. FCW's a promotion that I found intriguing, and I'm pretty stunned by how much is already going on in this story. You can count me among the people who are shocked after that last main event. I need to know how that situation's going to unfold at the next show, especially from Marco's perspective.

Appreciate the comment! My aim is always to make sure each match on the card is tied to an ongoing storyline. It does sometimes mean that pretty high level talent (Frederique/Bradford/Hell Bouncer as examples off the top of my head) aren't getting many matches at all. That could be seen as wasting them/not using them properly but I'm hoping it just means I can cycle people in and out of the spotlight. 

You'll certainly get an idea of how Marco views what Carlos did coming up. 

2 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

Can't wait for Freedom's Fury

Great to hear! I use a spreadsheet to try book the cards and my aim was always to make FREEDOM Or Death 13 to be the stacked card. In game it ranks them all the same in terms of importance but something about the numbered event made it feel bigger so it had HS v Mutant, Gonalez Family vs LK, DWN vs Joffy, IBA vs Bull Wrecker, but actually posting this card just now I prefer this one. 

• Like 1

Agree that it's a very exciting card. So much to look forward to between the main event that's been built up since the start of the dynasty, Carlos Gonzalez's explanation (and a tricky match to call a winner in against Mutant) and a big night for Xavi Ferrera.