21CW: The Land Of Second Chances

17 hours ago, John Lions said:

Oh man, Phunk has only been in England for a couple months and he's already throwing shade on the Queen...

That or whoever was Prime Minister in early-mid 2020... Pretty sure it was Boris, so I'll allow it.

Predictions for Kingdom, Episode 14, Week 1, May 2020

Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu [vs] Wade Orson & Leigh Burton

Open Challenge for the 21CW National Title:
Daniel Black Francis (c) [vs] ????

Brickhouse Bandler [vs] Mark Misery w/ Smiling John Smithie & Emmett Askey

Landon Mallory [vs] War Machine w/ Cliff King

Aurelian Bradley & Welsh Dragon [vs] ????

‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi w/ The Ozzie Invasion

Crouching Storm, Hidden Sifu [vs] Wade Orson & Leigh Burton

Landon Mallory [vs] War Machine w/ Cliff King

Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi w/ The Ozzie Invasion

Storm and Sifu took the loss in the Cup, but with the implication that things aren't 100% unified between Orson and Burton leads me to think Storm and Sifu win it.

Nothing crazy here, just don't think DBF loses the title in a random open challenge

Whistleblower Brickhouse finds himself the most expendable big man on your roster, which puts him in a good spot to put over your midcard heels.

Interesting match up, I could see this going either way but War Machine has been pretty protected (it feels like he's been in a bit of a bubble from the rest of the roster) and I don't see him eating a loss in a low stakes match up. Though Bedlam could get involved..

I could see them losing here, but I think these two are being built up for that bottom of the midcard feud with the new heel faction you've been working to establish.

‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi w/ The Ozzie Invasion
It's his universe - hard to pick against Tommy

Had a bit to catch up on but as always it was a great read.

‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi w/ The Ozzie Invasi

Landon Mallory [vs] War Machine w/ Cliff King

On 11/2/2023 at 10:07 PM, John Lions said:

Storm and Sifu took the loss in the Cup, but with the implication that things aren't 100% unified between Orson and Burton leads me to think Storm and Sifu win it.

Interesting match up, I could see this going either way but War Machine has been pretty protected (it feels like he's been in a bit of a bubble from the rest of the roster) and I don't see him eating a loss in a low stakes match up. Though Bedlam could get involved..

Good call, and glad to see I foreshadowed the Orson / Burton thing well in advance (I'm writing about 5 weeks ahead of this currently... ;) )

And yeah, War Machine and BEDLAM have their own thing going on. I don't think I've EVER booked / written a best of seven series in a diary before... it's been fun, but I can't wait to unleash them both on the rest of the roster properly...!!

• Thanks 1

21CW Presents:

21CW Alt Logo.jpg 21CW Kingdom.jpg

Episode 14

Wednesday, Week 1, May 2020

Steve Smith.jpg Dane Rawley.jpg

Calling the action: Steve Smith and Dane Rowley

Overall Rating: 77

image.jpeg

We opened the show in the parking lot, where Tommy Cornell was arriving… He was met by Blake Belushi getting out of his car…!!

Tommy Cornell.jpg Blake Belushi.jpg

Tommy Cornell: “Blake The Bloke… How are ya son…?! You’re probably out here carrying Loxley Robbins’ bags… so tell me… Has he got his gear tonight…?! Is he gonna fight me…?!”

Belushi shook his head, and told Tommy that he couldn’t be more wrong… Firstly, because Loxley isn’t even here tonight…!! But secondly, because Blake was actually getting back with coffees for the Brat Pack…!!

Tommy Cornell: “Well I’ll tell you what… I’m here for a fight… Loxley isn’t here, so you’ll have to do Blake The Bloke… Me and you, 1 on 1… and I promise… It won’t hurt a bit… It’ll hurt… a LOT…!!”

image.jpeg

Ricky Storm.jpgSifu 2.jpg21CW K vs.jpgWade Orson.jpgLeigh Burton 2.jpg

A great way to kick off what would go on to be an excellent episode of Kingdom. Storm and Sifu are an amazing tag team, and they each know what the other is thinking at all times. But they were in there against a very dangerous man in Leigh Burton, and his big, powerful, partner Wade Orson. In the end, the snake-like Burton locked Sifu in his ‘Sleeper’ while Storm was being held by Orson in the corner!! Storm could only watch on as Sifu faded and passed out!!

image.jpeg

We cut backstage, and found Alfonso D’Angelo and Buck Winchester talking, when DJ Reason and Dangermouth walked up…!!

Alfonso D'Angelo.jpg Buck Winchester.jpg DJ Reason.jpgDangermouth.jpg

DJ’s crew was one short, as Grandmaster Phunk is currently suspended… The veteran Brit said that since Phunk is 'away', it’s more important than ever that Alfonso D’Angelo JOINS ‘The Playlist’… but Cowboy spoke for his friend…

Buck Winchester: “That’s funny… You ran your guy, Phunk, outta town… and now you want Alfonso to come join you… The ironic thing is… he told me he wants to FIGHT Dangermouth next week… since he’ll have less help an’ all…”

DJ scoffed, but D’Angelo agreed with his friend… Next week… Alfonso versus Dangermouth… Both men are under 21, and have huge futures in 21CW…

image.jpeg

Daniel Francis’ Open Challenge for the 21CW National Title was next, and a surprising combatant came out… Newcomer Lone Wolf stepped up, and he told Francis it was HIS time… Francis welcomed the challenge…

21CW Kingdom National.jpg
Daniel Black Francis Champ.jpg21CW K vs.jpgLone Wolf.jpg

Daniel Black Francis (c) [vs] Lone Wolf

Excellent match, and a great performance from the youngster Lone Wolf. He dominated Francis, and relied on his punches to batter the National Champion. However, ‘D-B-F’ is a very experienced competitor, and he fought back into it using strikes of his own. The ‘Dreadlock Drop’ DDT did for Lone Wolf in the end, but he looked great out there!

image.jpeg

Backstage, Kevin Jones was talking with some young, very small, wrestlers… presumably from developmental… when his former tag team partner and best friend Jeremy Allen walked up…

Kevin Jones.jpgJeremy Allen 7.jpg

Jeremy Allen: “Let me speak… please Kevin…?”

Jones rolled his eyes a little… but decided to let Allen speak… Last week, Jones saved Allen from a beatdown by Nightmare and Ruin…

Jeremy Allen: “Look… I got beaten up last week… and you saved me… I’ve never been more glad to be beaten up though, because… I feel like… There’s a chance… a small chance… that me and you could one day… re-form our tag team…!?”

Kevin Jones: “Look… Would it be great to bring back MONKEY BUSINESS, one last time…?! Hmmm…”

Jones seemed like he was going to say yes… but Nightmare and Ruin ATTACKED again…!!

Nightmare.jpgRuin 2.jpg

The surprise attack meant that Jones and Allen stood almost no chance… The two big, tattooed beasts threw both of the veterans into walls and backstage equipment… before challenging them to a match next week…!!

image.jpeg

Elsewhere in the back, Gorilla Lee of The Lee FamiLee bumped into War Machine…!! Who was stood with his manager Cliff King…

Gorilla Lee.jpg War Machine 2.jpgCliff King.jpg

Lee is 6’6” and 461lbs… and Machine matches him at 6’5” and 465lbs… so Cliff King did NOT want them to fight… He tried to pull Machine away, but stood little chance on his own… Luckily Andrew Lee and JK Lee walked around the corner eating a bag of popcorn each…

Andrew Lee 2.jpgJK Lee.jpg

They both stopped eating… but carried on chewing slowly… Gorilla decided to step aside and allow War Machine to pass… giving the big monster the upper hand in their staredown… A lot of tension there…!!

image.jpeg

Brickhouse Balder.jpgimage.jpegMark Misery.jpg w/ Smiling John Smithie.jpgEmmett Askey.jpg

Brickhouse Balder [vs] Mark Misery w/ Smiling John Smithie and Emmett Askey

Balder started brightly here, but he couldn’t handle the constant involvement from Smithie and Askey at ringside. For the finish, Balder was distracted again, and Misery rolled him up for a flash pin fall and got out of there!

image.jpeg

In the back, young newcomer Phil Harmonic was stood in the locker room, and his ‘friends’ Kelvin Badberry and Edison Silva were sat down on benches while he talked at them…

Phil Harmonic.jpgKelvin Badberry.jpgEdison Silva.jpg

He told them they were disappointments for BOTH losing to Merle O’Curle… According to Harmonic, Merle was a great competitor… but he’s an old man now… and they should do better…

Phil Harmonic: “I’m going to show you how it’s done…!! Next week… ME… versus Merle O’Curle…!!”

image.jpeg

Next up, we got a Hype Video for the tag team: The Underdogs!!

Joe Simpson.jpgMichael X.jpg

Joe Simpson and Michael X have had a mixed 2020, starting the year with three wins on the bounce… and then also beating the current Kingdom Tag Team Champions The Brat Pack in a non-Title match… However, in their three Championship Matches, they’ve fallen short…

The video asked: “What will the rest of 2020 hold for one of the most loved teams in 21CW…??”

image.jpeg

Landon Mallory.jpgimage.jpegWar Machine 2.jpg w/ Cliff King.jpg

Poor Landon Mallory can’t catch a break. Last week he lost to the 21CW World Heavyweight Champion Buff Maritnez. The week before he lost a tag match against Buff and the best wrestler in the world Tommy Cornell. Then tonight, he was in there against the giant and dangerous War Machine! He came out of those three matches, with three losses, but in truth after this one he was lucky to come out of it able to stand up! War Machine crushed his ribs a number of times, eventually winning it with the ‘Choke Bomb’ (Batista Bomb).

War Machine 2.jpgCliff King.jpg

After the match, ‘The Executive Consultant’ Cliff King climbed into the ring with a microphone…

Cliff King: “BEHOLD…!! My ‘Giant Client’… WAR MACHINE…!! Look at how he DOMINATED a former FIVE TIME VWA European Champion…!! He is 2-1 up in the Best of Seven Series against ‘The SECOND Most Dangerous Man in Britain’… BEDLAM… and…”

War Machine snatched the microphone… and King backed down…

War Machine: “I’m going to win the next two… and END it…!!”

image.jpeg

Welsh Dragon.jpgAurelian Bradley.jpg21CW K vs.jpgA Local.jpgA Local.jpg

Welsh Dragon & Aurelian Bradley [vs] Local Talent

Fun match here, with the masked Welsh Dragon flipping and flying around the ring. Aurelian Bradley stretched their unknown opponents, and ended it by locking in the Figure Four Leglock!

image.jpeg

Backstage, Wade Orson was looking for someone, and then found who he was looking for… 21CW World Heavyweight Champion: Buff Martinez… who was stood with his manager Kathleen Lee…

image.jpegKathleen Lee.jpg Wade Orson.jpg

Wade Orson: “There he is… Our Champion… The Chief of our Tribe…!! ‘The Baarrrrrrrcccccelona Bull’… Ariiiiiiiba, right…?! How about this Buff… me and you… 1 on 1… one more time…?!”

Buff replied by saying any time, any place… and suggested next week… but Kathleen Lee took over…

Kathleen Lee: “What Buff means is… and he knows this… Next week, there’s a Battle Royale set already… the winner of THAT, will be the next contender for Buff’s Championship… Win that… and you’ll get your ‘one more time’… Lose… and you’ll have to get in line…”

Orson smiled, but was offended when the veteran Stevie ‘Smasher’ Stoat walked up…

image.jpeg

Stevie Stoat: “Buff… Next week… you’re busy too… Because it’s Me and You… 1 on 1… I’m RAZOR sharp right now… I’m on FIRE… I’ve won four out of my last five matches… and I’m gonna beat you… and become the Number One Contender… AHEAD of guys like Orson, or whoever else wins the Battle Royale…”

Orson got in Stoat’s face… but the two backed away from each other smirking as Buff stood back and watched…

image.jpeg

Tommy Cornell.jpg21CW K vs.jpgBlake Belushi.jpg w/ Artemis Eyre-Rochester Champ.jpgThurston Darcy III Champ.jpg

‘Rough Justice’ Tommy Cornell [vs] ‘Beautiful’ Blake Belushi w/ The Brat Pack

Main Event time next, and two men who will no doubt be eyeing up that Battle Royale win next week! It was an excellent contest, and one in which either man could have won. Cornell started brightly, but The Brat Pack were a constant source of annoyance to the experienced Brit. Kicks and elbows allowed Tommy to maintain control, as Belushi didn’t like being hit in the face, but could do little to stop it happening. Belushi did take charge of the fight eventually though, and began a period of slow-paced dominance, using Artemis and Thurston at ringside to help him with cheap shots behind the referee’s back. For the finish, Cornell fought back into it again, and hit a brutal back elbow that left Belushi checking for teeth! He then walked onto the ‘Guilt Trip’ Russian Leg Sweep and was pinned!

As soon as the bell rang, The Brat Pack slid into the ring and jumped Cornell…!!

Tommy Cornell.jpg Blake Belushi.jpgArtemis Eyre-Rochester Champ.jpgThurston Darcy III Champ.jpg

Blake Belushi laid out, while Thurston Darcy III and Artemis Ayre-Rochester did his dirty work… but Thurston was soon thrown over the top rope, allowing Cornell to focus on Artemis man to man…!! Cornell had just been through a long match with Belushi, but he still got the upper hand… That was until a surprising face showed up…

image.jpeg

The ‘leader’ of the Ozzie Invasion Loxley Robbins arrived, and hit Cornell over the back of the head with a steel chair…!! He continued to unload shots to the veteran, as The Brat Pack got back in and stomped on him… They shouted that they’d see him in the Battle Royale next week…!! And that he stood NO chance of winning it…!! Which would be ‘Rough Justice’ for him…

The show didn’t end there though…

We learned that next week… in honour of the United branded Pay-Per-View Partners In Crime, two Kingdom wrestlers would be selected at random…!! Those two men would then go on to Kingdom branded War Drums, to challenge The Brat Pack for the 21CW Kingdom Tag Team Titles…!! If either of the men selected WIN next weeks Battle Royale, they’ll earn themselves ‘double duty’ at War Drums… Competing for the chance to become DOUBLE Champion…!!

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Predictions for United, Episode 14, Week 1, May 2020

Joey ‘The Breeze’ Beauchamp [vs] Luke Cool w/ Rolling Johnny Stones

The Red Devils (Beskov & Iliakov) [vs] Kenobi High (Lister & Cole)

Boulder and Flynn [vs] The Demolishers (Compton Valence & Langton Herring)

??? [vs] The Bern Boys w/ The Professor

Eval Alpass [vs] Doomsday

‘Mile High’ Adam Matravers [vs] J-B Cash

Joey ‘The Breeze’ Beauchamp [vs] Luke Cool w/ Rolling Johnny Stones

??? [vs] The Bern Boys w/ The Professor

Mile High’ Adam Matravers [vs] J-B Cash

Predictions for United, Episode 14, Week 1, May 2020

Beauchamp

Joey for world champion

Kenobi High

I WILL NEVER VOTE AGAINST THEM

The Demolishers

Toss up, I'll pick the team with the name

The Bern Boys

They need to be built up and they could be contenders in the tag div

Doomsday

I believe they call it a squash

Adam Matravers

I love Matravers even if he is old now. I say in the same post as saying 43/44 year old Joey Beauchamp should be world champ.

Edited by DAVEFAN95

??? [vs] The Bern Boys w/ The Professor

‘Mile High’ Adam Matravers [vs] J-B Cash

Really hoping Matravers has one more top run in him, but if he does, it needs to be soon. At the very least, he's a credible challenger to keep Ed busy whilst you build your younger midcarders up to World Title level.

Luke Cool and RJ Stones seem to be slotted in that veteran bottom of the card role.

These guys are being positioned near the level of Edward Cornell with the Business drama heating up, they don't lose to the cosplayers

My favorite duo of detectives notch a win against the young guys still building themselves up. I could se The Demolishers knocking off Cool and Stones as their first "big" win

Your new tag team continues to build up their UK popularity

Evan Alpass [vs] Doomsday
His name's Doomsday

Cash has been pretty underwhelming as a singles guy, while Buff has been able to pull off some good matches with good dance partners. I think his match with Buff was pretty disappointing ratings-wise, so I'd rather see a 21CW legends like Matravers walk away with a victory and give Cash something else to do.

Edited by John Lions

Beauchamp seems to be being built up, so going with him.

The Red Devils are allied with the Champ, and seem to be being positioned strongly.

I'm enjoying the detective gimmick, and they've been involved heavily on TV.

This will either be a squash or debuting a new exciting team. I'm going for the former.

Squash

Matravers is so talented, I've been surprised how sparsley he's been used so far. Cash's match with Buff was disappointing, and I think the blame for that lies at Cash's door given Buff's performances in other matches.