Great American Wrestling Company (RWC 2023, alternate timeline)

The following is an excerpt article from CNN in January 2023: WWE is dead. In the wake of the hush money scandal, the executive board, sans Vince McMahon, have decided to dissolve the company. Assets are to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Stockholders are instructed to...

The following is an excerpt from an article on CagesideSeats in January 2023, entitled Mystery Investor purchases Performance Center and World Tag Team titles from WWE Asset Auction. "The mystery bidder purchased both at a reduced price. Twitter users noted that the old "WWE Performance Center" sign has been replaced with a "Florida Performance Center". The phone number listed goes straight to voicemail."

The following is a transcript of a phone call made from the Florida Performance Center on January 20th, 2023. 

X: Listen, Regal, I promise this is going to be big. Have I ever steered you wrong before?

William Regal: I suppose not. I see you bought the tag titles. Figured you'd bribe me with them?

X: Well, the Usos are on board with the new project, so I'm awarding them the tag titles. They held both sets before the shutdown anyway.

Regal: Fair point. So you're the owner?

X: Yes. I'm emulating the Japanese style. Tour shows leading to big shows. Stables essential. Just men for now. 

Regal: Alright you old devil, I'm in. Just one more thing. Great American Wrestling Company? You remember you're Canadian, right?

Lance Storm: Yes, Regal, I remember.

The following is a tweet put out by @GreatAmericanWrestling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MidKnightDreary said:

The following is an excerpt article from CNN in January 2023: WWE is dead. In the wake of the hush money scandal, the executive board, sans Vince McMahon, have decided to dissolve the company. Assets are to be auctioned off to the highest bidder. Stockholders are instructed to...

I'd guess that the asset auction ITTL would also include WWE's video library, which would see better use under different owners than to have the non-WWE footage just sit on shelves and collect dust (other than selected footage taken for token releases like, for instance, The Spectacular Legacy of the AWA and the World Class and Mid-South/UWF releases, like IRL) while the WWE footage gets pushed to the moon and back.

Also, gonna subscribe to this to see how it progresses.  🙂

• Like 1

Great American Wrestling Company Press Conference:

Lance Storm. "Welcome to Great American Wrestling! We promise to put on wrestling that you want to watch. No BS, no politics. Just wrestlers going to war. Without further ado, I will let the factions introduce themselves!"

Aiga: Samoans are the largest dynasty in wrestling history. That won't stop in GAWC

Heavyweights: Jacob Fatu, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sefa Fatu, Juicy Finau, Rikishi

Junior Heavyweights: Jaka, Sean Maluta

Air Superiority: Flying around the ring, these men look to dominate through agility.

Heavyweights: Uhaa Nation
Junior Heavyweights: Darius Martin, AR Fox, Dante Martin, Ricochet

DREAD: A dark, imposing force of ruthless, mystic members.

Heavyweights: Killer Kross
Junior Heavyweights: Dragon Lee Oscuro, Black Taurus, Stu Grayson

Support: Scarlett Bordeaux, Ultramantis Black

HEART: A stable of wrestlers who give their all to win.

Heavyweights: Nick Aldis, Sami Callihan, Steve Manders
Junior Heavyweights: Mustafa Ali, Johnny Gargano, Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate

Holliday LLC: Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy a lot of protection.

Heavyweights: Richard Holliday, Hanson, Rowe, Alexander Hammerstone
Junior Heavyweights: Matty Wahlberg

Nakamura-gun: An aging veteran takes Dragon Gate excursion workers under his wing.

Heavyweights: Shinsuke Nakamura
Junior Heavyweights: Madoka Kikuta, Strong Machine J, Taketo Kamei

Shamrock Dojo: A shoot-style legend manages a pack of vicious wrestlers.

Heavyweights: Matt Riddle, Tom Lawlor, Otis, Gable Steveson, Shelton Benjamin
Junior Heavyweights: Drew Gulak, Chad Gable

Support: Ken Shamrock

The Rascalz: They may not be serious people, but they're serious competitors.

Heavyweights: Rob Van Dam
Junior Heavyweights: Dezmond Xavier, Myron Reed, Trey Miguel, Zachary Wentz

WorldStar: Black wrestlers that have united for the culture.

Heavyweights: Angelo Dawkins, Montez Ford, Mo Atlas, Calvin Tankman, EJ Nduka
Junior Heavyweights: Cedric Alexander, Elijah Burke

X: Nothing is off-limits for these wrestlers.

Heavyweights: Kevin Steen, Baron Corbin, Jack Bonza, Elias
Junior Heavyweights: Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, El Hijo De Fantasma, Prince Devitt

Unattached:

Heavyweights: Dominic Garrini, Josh Barnett, Rex Steiner, Timothy Thatcher, WALTER
Junior Heavyweights: Christian Casanova, Ilja Dragunov, Kevin Ku, Kidd Bandit, Seth Rollins, Sugar Dunkerton

GAWC Staff:

Referees: 

Charles Robinson, Jimmy Korderas, John Cone

Producers:

Jeremy Borash, Kenta Kobashi, Lance Storm, Toshiaki Kawada, William Regal

Commentary: 

Ultramantis Black, Mauro Ranallo, Jeremy Borash

• Like 2

Ascent Tour 2023:

Day 1:

Preshow: Shinsuke Nakamura def. Herzog

Hustle And Power (Tankman and Nduka) def. Logan and Sterling Riegal

DREAD(Kross, Taurus, and Grayson) def. Aiga(Jaka, Maluta, and Juicy Finau)
AR Fox def. Saigo
Shamrock Dojo (Gable, Steveson, Otis, Benjamin) def. Air Superiority (Top flight, Ricochet, and Nation)
WALTER def. Jack Bonza.

X beats down WALTER

Aiga (The Usos and Sefa Fatu) def. Holliday LLC(Holliday, Hanson, and Rowe)

British Strong Style(Dunne and Bate) def.  Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz

Day 2: 

Kevin Ku def. Richard Holliday and Sugar Dunkerton

Aiga (The Usos, Juicy Finau, and Sean Maluta) def. WorldStar (The Street Profits, Mo Atlas, and Elijah Burke)
HEART(British Strong Style and Steve Manders) def. DREAD(Kross, Taurus, and Grayson)
Ultimate Filthy Chads (Riddle and Lawlor) def. Air Superiority (Darius Martin and Dante Fox) 

Alexander Hammerstone def. Sefa Fatu 
Elias performs a song about X beating up WALTER. WALTER smashes a guitar over his head. 
X(MCMG, Jack Bonza, Kevin Steen, and El Hijo de Fantasma) def. The Rascalz (Wentz, Reed, Miguel, and Xavier) and Kidd Bandit

(You'll have to bear with me, I have about a 40 show backlog to post. Would people prefer just screenshots of the results?)

Edited by MidKnightDreary
  • Like 1

Ascent Tour 2023:

Day 3:

image.png

Day 4:

image.png

Day 5: 

image.png

Day 6:

image.png

Day 7:

image.png

Day 8:

image.png

Day 9:
image.png

Day 10: 

image.png

Day 11:

image.png

Day 12:

image.png

Day 13:

image.png

Day 14:

image.png

GAWC Presents: GAWC Genesis

March 4, 2023

Card for Predictions:

(3 pts.) Bourbon St. Battle Royale (AR Fox, Black Taurus, Calvin Tankman, Dominic Garrini, EJ Nduka, Elijah Burke, Jack Bonza, Jaka, Juicy Finau, Kevin Ku, Kidd Bandit, Matty Wahlberg, Mo Atlas, Myron Reed, Richard Holliday, Sean Maluta, Steve Manders, Sugar Dunkerton, Tom Lawlor, Tyler Bate)

Matt Riddle vs Ricochet

Kevin Steen vs Rob Van Dam

The Rascalz (Xavier and Wentz) vs MCMG, representing X (Shelley and Sabin)

Mustafa Ali vs Killer Kross

Baron Corbin vs Pete Dunne

World Tag Team Titles: The Usos, representing Aiga (c, V0) vs. War Machine, representing Holliday LLC

Bonus: What match will be highest rated?
TieBreaker: What will be the rating of the highest rated match?

Opening Press Conference, GAWC Genesis

Lance Storm: Thank you all for coming today, we've got a great show for you tonight! Before we get to that, let's get to our future schedule! I'd like to announce the first annual Pair of Aces tournament. It's a 16-team knockout cup, which will feature the champions defending their titles every single round! Here's the bracket for the first edition:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 120753.png

Note that the Usos and War Machine could potentially rematch in round two! 

After the Pair of Aces Tour, we'll be in Memphis for GAWC Memphis Miracle, which will be main evented by the final of the Pair of Aces tournament.

If you have any questions for the next press conference, let me know! Otherwise, enjoy the show!"

• Like 2

GAWC Genesis: (68)

AR Fox outlasted 19 other wrestlers to win the Bourbon Street Battle Royale. (62)

Matt Riddle def. Ricochet (71)

Kevin Steen def. Rob Van Dam (55)

MCMG (Shelley and Sabin) def. The Rascalz (Xavier and Wentz)

Killer Kross def. Mustafa Ali (64)

Pete Dunne def. Baron Corbin

The Usos(c) def. War Machine (67) to retain the World Tag Team Titles - First Defense!

The Usos will enter Pair Of Aces as the champions! First up, Hammerstone and Holliday!

Pair Of Aces Tour

Day 1:

Preshow: Sean Maluta def. Kidd Bandit

Christian Casanova def. Sugar Dunkerton

X(MCMG, Elias, and Prince Devitt) def. Ilja Dragunov, Timothy Thatcher, and Violence is Forever
War Machine def. HEART (Manders and Callihan) in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament

Ultimate Filthy Chads(Lawlor and Riddle) def. Heavy Machinery in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament

The Street Profits def. Hustle and Power in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face Riddle and Lawlor in the Quarterfinals

The Usos (c) def. The Dynasty (Hammerstone and Holliday) to retain the World Tag Team Titles in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face War Machine in the Quarterfinals

Day 2:

HEART (Dunne, Bate, and Ali) def. The Rascalz (Wentz, Xavier, and Reed)
Steve Manders def. Rikishi

Aiga (The Usos and Jaka) def. Holliday LLC(Hanson, Rowe, and Holliday)

Violence is Forever def. WorldStar (Burke and Atlas) in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament

RINGKAMPF (WALTER and Thatcher) def. World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas and Benjamin) in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face Violence is Forever in the Quarterfinals
Rex Steiner and Scott Steiner def. Aiga( Sefa Fatu and Jacob Fatu) in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament

Baron Corbin and Kevin Steen def. Elias and Jack Bonza in the First Round of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face Scott and Rex Steiner in the Quarterfinals.

Quarterfinals:
War Machine vs The Usos (c)

Street Profits vs Ultimate Filthy Chads
RINGKAMPF vs Violence is Forever
Corbin and Steen vs Rex and Scott Steiner

• Like 1

Pair of Aces Tour

Day 3:

HEART(Gargano, Ali, and Callihan) def. Gable and World's Greatest Tag Team (Benjamin and Haas)

Darius Martin def. Myron Reed

X(Corbin, Steen, Elias, and Fantasma) def. Rex Steiner, Scott Steiner, Ilja Dragunov, and Christian Casanova

Ultimate Filthy Chads(Lawlor and Riddle) def. The Street Profits in the Quarterfinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament

The Usos (c) def. War Machine to retain the World Tag Team Titles in the Quarterfinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face Ultimate Filthy Chads in the Semifinals - Third Defense!

Day 4:

Shamrock Dojo (Gable, Benjamin, and Riddle) def. HEART (Dunne, Bate, and Manders)
Aiga (The Usos, Jaka, Sean Maluta, and Sefa Fatu) def. X (Shelley, Sabin, Bonza, Devitt, and Fantasma)
RINGKAMPF (WALTER and Thatcher) def. Violence is Forever (Ku and Garrini) in the Quarterfinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament

X(Baron Corbin and Kevin Steen) def. Rex Steiner and Scott Steiner in the Quarterfinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face RINGKAMPF in the Semifinals

Day 5:
Killer Kross def. Kevin Ku

The Street Profits def. Heavy Machinery, War Machine, and the Dynasty in a fatal 4-way tag team match

Rex Steiner and Scott Steiner def. British Strong Style
Rex respectfully challenges his uncle to a singles match at Memphis Miracle, Scott accepts.

X(Baron Corbin and Kevin Steen) def. RINGKAMPF(WALTER and Thatcher) in the Semifinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament.

Ultimate Filthy Chads (Matt Riddle and Tom Lawlor) def. The Usos(c) to win the World Tag Team Titles in the Semifinals of the Pair of Aces Tournament and will face Corbin and Steen in the finals. - NEW CHAMPS!!!

GAWC Memphis Miracle 2023 Card:

X(Fantasma, Elias, and Bonza) vs Ilja Dragunov, WALTER, and Timothy Thatcher
Holliday LLC(Holliday, Hammerstone, Hanson and Rowe) vs Air Superiority(Ricochet, Uhaa Nation and AR Fox) and Christian Casanova
WorldStar (Street Profits and Tankman) vs The Rascalz (Wentz, Xavier, and Miguel)
The Usos vs Motor City Machine Guns
Rex Steiner vs Scott Steiner
Heavy Machinery vs Top Flight
Pete Dunne vs Prince Devitt
Seth Rollins and FTR vs Chad Gable and World's Greatest Tag Team

Pair of Aces Tournament Final: World Tag Team Titles: Ultimate Filthy Chads(Riddle and Lawlor), representing Shamrock Dojo(c, V0) vs. Kevin Steen and Baron Corbin, representing X

• Like 1

Holliday LLC(Holliday, Hammerstone, Hanson and Rowe) vs Air Superiority(Ricochet, Uhaa Nation and AR Fox) and Christian Casanova
WorldStar (Street Profits and Tankman) vs The Rascalz (Wentz, Xavier, and Miguel)

Pair of Aces Tournament Final: World Tag Team Titles: Ultimate Filthy Chads(Riddle and Lawlor), representing Shamrock Dojo(c, V0) vs. Kevin Steen and Baron Corbin, representing X

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MidKnightDreary said:

GAWC Memphis Miracle 2023 Card:

Dragunov, WALTER, & Thatcher (WALTER gets the duke)

Air Superiority and Christian Casanova wins with Casanova getting a roll-up pin

WorldStar (no offense, but I hate that name :D ) with Ford getting the victory

Usos over Guns (Jey gets the pin)

Scott Steiner cheats to get the pinfall to further a feud with his nephew

I need a Heavy Machinery victory because I love Otis

Hmmmm....Dunne or Devitt really depends on a lot: if Devitt is going to be a top guy for a while so that the company can grow, he should win; if Devitt's a band-aid type of guy, then Dunne should win. But...I'm a shameless Devitt fan, so I'll go with the Prince

Have Chad Gable get the victory for his team...then push that mf'er!

Filthy Chads win the tournament, with Riddle getting the pin (although you should be looking at where he goes in order to become one of your top singles guys before it's all said and done).

I want to say Dunne-Devitt, but I figure it'll actually be Rollins & FTR vs. Gable & TWGTT getting the highest rating. I figure around an 80

St.T

18 hours ago, St. Templar said:

Dragunov, WALTER, & Thatcher (WALTER gets the duke)

Air Superiority and Christian Casanova wins with Casanova getting a roll-up pin

WorldStar (no offense, but I hate that name :D ) with Ford getting the victory

Usos over Guns (Jey gets the pin)

Scott Steiner cheats to get the pinfall to further a feud with his nephew

I need a Heavy Machinery victory because I love Otis

Hmmmm....Dunne or Devitt really depends on a lot: if Devitt is going to be a top guy for a while so that the company can grow, he should win; if Devitt's a band-aid type of guy, then Dunne should win. But...I'm a shameless Devitt fan, so I'll go with the Prince

Have Chad Gable get the victory for his team...then push that mf'er!

Filthy Chads win the tournament, with Riddle getting the pin (although you should be looking at where he goes in order to become one of your top singles guys before it's all said and done).

I want to say Dunne-Devitt, but I figure it'll actually be Rollins & FTR vs. Gable & TWGTT getting the highest rating. I figure around an 80

St.T

I'm definitely down to hear more suggestions for The Street Profit's stable name

Pair of Aces Tour Award:

Best Match: Steen and Corbin vs RINGKAMPF, Night 5, 74

GAWC Memphis Miracle: (75) - New Best Show!

Ilja Dragunov, WALTER, and Timothy Thatcher def. X(Fantasma, Elias, and Bonza) (69)
Air Superiority(Ricochet, Uhaa Nation and AR Fox) and Christian Casanova def. Holliday LLC(Holliday, Hammerstone, Hanson and Rowe) (68)
WorldStar (Street Profits and Tankman) def. The Rascalz (Wentz, Xavier, and Miguel) (65)
The Usos def. Motor City Machine Guns (70)
Rex Steiner def. Scott Steiner (38)
Top Flight def. Heavy Machinery (62)
Prince Devitt def. Pete Dunne (74)
Seth Rollins and FTR def. Chad Gable and World's Greatest Tag Team (74)

Ultimate Filthy Chads(Riddle and Lawlor)(c) def. X(Kevin Steen and Baron Corbin) to retain the World Tag Team Titles - First Defense! (77)

@Old School Fan(4/8)
@St. Templar(6/8)

GAWC Press Conference:

GAWC announced their next tour, the Limitless Tour, will feature the crowning of a new No Limits Champion. This openweight title will be defended in Knockout or Submission matches, henceforth called No Limits matches. There will be 4 qualifiers to headline the first 4 nights of the tour, then a one-night tournament on night 5 to determine the inaugural champion. The qualifier pools:

Night 1: Calvin Tankman, Darius Martin, Tyler Bate, Dominic Garrini

Night 2:  Alexander Hammerstone, Levi Cooper, Ilja Dragunov, Kevin Ku

Night 3: Richard Holliday, Matty Wahlberg, Christian Casanova, Elijah Burke

Night 4: Juicy Finau, Mo Atlas, Jack Bonza, Steve Manders

The Limitless Tour will be followed by GAWC: Houston, We Have A Show, featuring a World Tag Team Title defense.

On 4/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, MidKnightDreary said:

GAWC Press Conference:

GAWC announced their next tour, the Limitless Tour, will feature the crowning of a new No Limits Champion. This openweight title will be defended in Knockout or Submission matches, henceforth called No Limits matches. There will be 4 qualifiers to headline the first 4 nights of the tour, then a one-night tournament on night 5 to determine the inaugural champion. The qualifier pools:

Night 1: Calvin Tankman, Darius Martin, Tyler Bate, Dominic Garrini

Night 2:  Alexander Hammerstone, Levi Cooper, Ilja Dragunov, Kevin Ku

Night 3: Richard Holliday, Matty Wahlberg, Christian Casanova, Elijah Burke

Night 4: Juicy Finau, Mo Atlas, Jack Bonza, Steve Manders

The Limitless Tour will be followed by GAWC: Houston, We Have A Show, featuring a World Tag Team Title defense.

I'd love to see that come down to Christian Casanova and Tyler Bate, although Ilja Dragunov would be awesome, too.

St.T

Edited by St. Templar

Limitless Tour

Day 5:

image.png

Day 6:

image.png

GAWC Houston We Have A Show 2023 Card:

Seth Rollins, Charlie Haas, and RINGKAMPF(WALTER & Thatcher) vs X(Corbin, Steen, Elias, and Devitt)
Aiga(Rikishi and Juicy Finau) vs WorldStar(Burke and Atlas)
HEART(Bate, Manders, and Ali) vs Christian Casanova, Ilja Dragunov, and Kevin Ku
Chad Gable vs El Hijo de FantasmaWorld Tag Team Titles: Ultimate Filthy Chads(Riddle and Lawlor), representing Shamrock Dojo(c, V1) vs. War Machine (Hanson and Rowe), representing Holliday LLC.
No Limits Title: Alexander Hammerstone(c, V0) vs Josh Barnett