Fall of the One Ring Circus Redux

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one who appreciates the wrestling scene in Peurto Rico, in TEW04 I would often raid their ranks and find some gems. Peurto Rican wrestlers are usually charismatic and can go, has no one love for Carlito?:(

[QUOTE=darthsiddus2]I went to the official site of BCW and there was no indication it closed. although the site doesn't reflect the current situation with D'more and TNA. FLI and Lutte were run by the quebeccers and they were in the TEW 04 real world mods.[/QUOTE] I believe that Phil Parent created those federations and many of their workers to garner some attention for himself. He recently 'came out' as being a liar and apologised to everyone he decieved.

[QUOTE=bobinc]You could import them from my mod although I cant promise 100% stat accuracy but they should be in my mod. [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11079[/url][/QUOTE] Umm bobinc, I already have. :p Your mod had a lot of workers I'm familiar with but didn't feel a real need to create for my game so I imported them. :) Just made some stat tweaks and that was that. As it stands, I've been using the mod I've pieced together over the months and like a lot of things about FORC so was wondering if I should just make the changes to it or wait for the update.

well then there goes my suggestions lol. anyway I think BCW should be in the next update though. I don't think they're closed. I could be wrong about it but like I said there was no indication that the promition and its school closed. EDIT: also what about PWG? (Pro Wrestling Guerilla) they should also be in the game as some of the top indy workers work there Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles ,Christopher Daniels, Kevin Steen, El Generico(who btw is hilarious IMO) Chris Hero among others. They are based in Cali and Tour all over the state so that should make them small but prestigious.

is it possable to create relationships in the editer if so then it would be nice to have a version of the updates with only everything that can be imported in it and a list that acompanys it of what else needs to be changed or added that can't be imported

• 5 weeks later...
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA! I SPECIFICALLY told TCP, that my japanese data was not to be meddled with, nor released by anyone else. Why didn't you come to me to ask permission first? If you had problems, or queries with the data, then you come to me. Go away from the boards for a month...

Well, let's see. There was nothing in the file TCP uploaded that indicated any part of the data couldn't be modified. TCP has said that it is a mod "by the people, for the people, etc." so if you allowed him to use your data but didn't want anyone else to, you made a mistake. Also, he did tell you about these errors, in your own thread. Finally, you don't have any authority to tell anyone they can't post here. Mistakes were made, but not by S-Kay.

I am not bad mouthing S-Kay. I shall be talking to TCP about this. Also, one of the first things I said to him, was that if my data was used, it could not be modified or replicated and released by anyone else. I issue that disclaimed with all of my modifications. I made a new release of the data AFTER the release of TCP's One Ring Circus, but I did not release it here at GDS. EDIT: Well... I have been in talks with TCP... Hmmm... If this is just a one off release, then I am somewhat okay with it, but if this is going to be updated, I want to be notified first. If people want my newest update, then message me, as I think I released it about... 2 months ago. I am working alongside Biggzy in a TEW07 project, and from the release of the new game, my puroresu updates won't be permitted to be used, modified, or replicated for 04/05 and 07. So if TCP wants to port over these stats from 05 to 07, he will have to delete my data from them.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;135132]I am not bad mouthing S-Kay. I shall be talking to TCP about this. Also, one of the first things I said to him, was that if my data was used, it could not be modified or replicated and released by anyone else. I issue that disclaimed with all of my modifications. I made a new release of the data AFTER the release of TCP's One Ring Circus, but I did not release it here at GDS. EDIT: Well... I have been in talks with TCP... Hmmm... If this is just a one off release, then I am somewhat okay with it, but if this is going to be updated, I want to be notified first. If people want my newest update, then message me, as I think I released it about... 2 months ago. I am working alongside Biggzy in a TEW07 project, and from the release of the new game, my puroresu updates won't be permitted to be used, modified, or replicated for 04/05 and 07. So if TCP wants to port over these stats from 05 to 07, he will have to delete my data from them.[/QUOTE] =============================================== if you dont want your data meddled with or altered i wouldnt post it on the internet.

[QUOTE=S-kay;124351]PWG may come in the next update. I'm undecided. If these promotions can be over looked, I'm sure some of the medium sized US indies can be also.[/QUOTE] While I somewhat agree, PWG is probably the 2nd most played indy promotion behind ROH. Of course it'll be a bit harder figuring out who to put as owner of the PWG six. [quote]if you dont want your data meddled with or altered i wouldnt post it on the internet.[/quote] I'm sorry, but seriously that's BS. I understand he didn't know because it was failed to be mentioned anywhere that he couldn't use the Japan data for this, but that is Lukie's, he made it and he should be allowed to put restrictions on his work. I find it in EXTREMELY bad taste to alter someone elses stats without permission when it is known the other does not want that done. It shows a lack of respect for everyone, from the players to Adam himself. By your logic someone should be able to edit TEW and re-release it without asking, thanking, or anything to Adam. Regardless if this is a free stat update or a 2,000 dollar game, its disrespectful and one of the things that stat updaters, and all entertainment industries have always been fighting over.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;135721]I'm sorry, but seriously that's BS. I understand he didn't know because it was failed to be mentioned anywhere that he couldn't use the Japan data for this, but that is Lukie's, he made it and he should be allowed to put restrictions on his work. I find it in EXTREMELY bad taste to alter someone elses stats without permission when it is known the other does not want that done. It shows a lack of respect for everyone, from the players to Adam himself. By your logic someone should be able to edit TEW and re-release it without asking, thanking, or anything to Adam. Regardless if this is a free stat update or a 2,000 dollar game, its disrespectful and one of the things that stat updaters, and all entertainment industries have always been fighting over.[/QUOTE] I really have no interest in this argument from the context of this mod, but the point about modifying someone else's mod is ridiculous. That's the point of MODS. To customize it to fit your own. No offense, but that's just crazy. Unless he has a copyright on it (which is why your comparison with a *commercial* product is useless), there are going to be people to modify it, and there are going to be people to share their mods with other people. Frankly, there is no way to stop them, lol.

[QUOTE=aphoward;135759]I really have no interest in this argument from the context of this mod, but the point about modifying someone else's mod is ridiculous. That's the point of MODS. To customize it to fit your own. No offense, but that's just crazy. Unless he has a copyright on it (which is why your comparison with a *commercial* product is useless), there are going to be people to modify it, and there are going to be people to share their mods with other people. Frankly, there is no way to stop them, lol.[/QUOTE] The point of a mod is not to have someone steal your work and pass it off as his own. Granted, he didn't do that, he had no idea about Lukie's portion of the data and he would have given credit just like he did with TCP, I'm not faulting him. I am faulting the argument that he was basically saying it is okay to steal and pass off work that is your own. All most mod makers ask for is to ask, and they'll allow it. We'll have to agree to disagree, regardless if this is commercial or not it is his intellectual property, and I feel that people should respect his wishes when it comes to the hard work that he put in to it.

No one said he was passing it off as his own. As long as you are not claiming you created the data, there is no problem with editing it. If he tried to pass it off as his own (which I don't think happened), I would agree with you. Otherwise it is not "theft" of any sort.

[QUOTE=aphoward;135802]No one said he was passing it off as his own. As long as you are not claiming you created the data, there is no problem with editing it. If he tried to pass it off as his own (which I don't think happened), I would agree with you. Otherwise it is not "theft" of any sort.[/QUOTE] It's not a matter of credit, it's a matter of permission. Not too long ago, someone (I won't mention names) made the mistake of combining a bunch of mods together and releasing them as something new. He gave all due credit, but he didn't get anyone's permission. For this, he got crapped on by almost everyone here. But he did the right thing, and removed the mod. Those who defended him were wrong then, just as you are wrong now. The only difference is that this was a misunderstanding between Lukie and TCP, and S-Kay just got caught in the middle.

[QUOTE=JWideman;135815]It's not a matter of credit, it's a matter of permission. Not too long ago, someone (I won't mention names) made the mistake of combining a bunch of mods together and releasing them as something new. He gave all due credit, but he didn't get anyone's permission. For this, he got crapped on by almost everyone here. But he did the right thing, and removed the mod. Those who defended him were wrong then, just as you are wrong now. The only difference is that this was a misunderstanding between Lukie and TCP, and S-Kay just got caught in the middle.[/QUOTE] Yeah, which was the point I was making. Good work on making it more understandable :P [QUOTE]No one said he was passing it off as his own. As long as you are not claiming you created the data, there is no problem with editing it. If he tried to pass it off as his own (which I don't think happened), I would agree with you. Otherwise it is not "theft" of any sort.[/QUOTE] Granted, he didn't do that, he had no idea about Lukie's portion of the data and he would have given credit just like he did with TCP, I'm not faulting him. Like I said, I'm not faulting him... it was a mere disagreement with some of the other people who were trying to justify that taking someone elses data and editing it without permission is ok, because its not. If you are doing it for just yourself, that's fine in my opinion, but when you release it to everyone then I don't.... I think JWideman did a good job of explaining it. The issue has already been resolved so lets just go back to normalcy around here... can't we all just get along? >_>

Archived