LAP - Lucha America Productions (CVERSE20)

Seeing Frogue get a win in the season opener is such a good sign for him and I am excited for his future.

LETS GO SUNBURST!!!

The Main Event was a hell of a match, correct me if I am wrong but that was the best match in the companies history, at least the best match in the last few months. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HiPlus said:

Seeing Frogue get a win in the season opener is such a good sign for him and I am excited for his future.

LETS GO SUNBURST!!!

The Main Event was a hell of a match, correct me if I am wrong but that was the best match in the companies history, at least the best match in the last few months. 

You're right, it was the best match in history (74), beating Lucha Fest's Perez Xtreme vs Segunda Generación Tables Match (73). It's incredible that in the first This Is Lucha episode of the second season the best rating was surpassed. I hope we can maintain this trend!

Edited by newbiezness

image.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 11

Monday, Week 3, December 2020, Oceanview Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA. Attendance: 400 SELL OUT!

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia.jpgMac Smith.jpgGrace Harper.jpg

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to This Is Lucha! This episode will revolve completely around Torneo de Parejas.

Mac Smith: I'm already obsessed with this tournament, Alfonso.

Grace Harper: I have to admit that it looks very promising.

Alfonso Garcia: Let's take a look at the bracket.

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-22 a las 23.33.42.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the first qualifying match tonight, Orgullo Escarlata vs Phoenix Sun.

Mac Smith: Phoenix Sun is formed by Ultimate Phoenix and Sunburst, they debuted last week defeating Eléctrico and Magnifico. El Orgulloso and Scarlet Scarbab will team up for this tournament under the name Orgullo Escarlata.

El Orgulloso_alt.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpgSunburst.jpg

ORGULLO ESCARLATA (EL ORGULLOSO & SCARLET SCARAB) vs PHOENIX SUN (ULTIMATE PHOENIX & SUNBURST)

In a good match to work the crowd, Phoenix Sun managed to win the match when Ultimate Phoenix hit El Orgulloso with the Phoenix Firebird Splash, despite their chemistry as a team is not the best.

Ultimate Phoenix def. Orgullo Escarlata via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Phoenix Sun advances to the next round!

Grace Harper: Perez Xtreme will destroy them! There is not even a contest!

Alfonso Garcia: Los Rubios Canadienses are in the backstage!

Flash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpg

We see Los Rubios Canadienses (Flash Savage & Ozzie Goldstein) briefly taking a look at the bracket. They realize they will face the winners of tonight's Main Event match between American Cobras and Rich And Famous in the next round.

Rating: 37

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Segunda Generación. After beating Perez Xtreme in a classic Tables Match at Lucha Fest, many experts consider you are the favorites to win the tournament and become the first LAP Parejas champions. What do you have to say?

Mustang Blanco Jr: We thank those who feel confident about our chances, but this is a long tournament and it'd be a mistake to think beyond the next match.

El Hijo Del Neutron: 100% agree. We'll be watching this qualifying match between The Night Terrors and The Aces Of Mayhem.

Rating: 52

Alfonso Garcia: What can you tell us about this match, Mac?

Mac Smith: This is the second match in LAP for The Aces Of Mayhem. The Night Terrors are making their debut in LAP tonight, they are popular in the South West.

Babau.jpgMoroi.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

THE NIGHT TERRORS (BABAU & MOROI) vs THE ACES OF MAYHEM (ACE YOUNGBLOOD & MAX MAYHEM)

In a very short car crash match, The Night Terrors hit Max Mayhem with the Sleep Paralysis.

The Night Terrors def. The Aces Of Mayhem via pinfall (Rating: 41, Time 5')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Kate Lilly.jpgDebbie Rose.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with the LAP Women's Parejas champions Lilly & Rose. Congratulations, you made another successful defence at Lucha Fest defeating Tex-Mex.

Kate Lilly: This is the kind of things you expect from the best women's tag team in the world.

Joanne Rodriguez: What do you think about the new LAP Women's champion? Electric Dreamer has been one of your toughest opponents.

Debbie Rose: Las Eléctricas are just inferior competition. The only reason Dreamer won that belt is because we didn't take part in the tournament.

Rating: 48

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for another qualifying match, Fire Attack vs Going Cali!

Mac Smith: Amazing Fire Fly had an incredible match against Pantera Roja last week. He's teaming up with Rapido, who makes his debut in LAP, to form Fire Attack . Going Cali is a popular tag team in California formed by Frankie-Boy Fernandes and California Love Machine. They are making their debut in LAP tonight.

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngFrankie-Boy Fernandes.jpgCalifornia Love Machine.jpg

FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs GOING CALI (FRANKIE-BOY FERNANDES & CALIFORNIA LOVE MACHINE)

In a match full of dangerous aerial moves, Amazing Fire Fly hits California Love Machine with the Sky High Fire Fly.

Fire Attack def. Going Cali via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 10')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Electric Dreamer.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm with LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer. First of all, did you see what Lilly & Rose said earlier?

Electric Dreamer: I'm not going to lose my time replying to all their stupid comments. Ya estamos mayores para estas mamadas, Joanne.

Joanne Rodriguez: Last week Simony Sentinel offered to shake hands but it was a trick and she ended up attacking you.

Electric Dreamer: First time shame on you, next time shame on me. I'm not going to repeat that mistake.

Rating: 48

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for our Main Event, the last qualifying match, American Cobras vs Rich and Famous!

Mac Smith: These tag teams are new to LAP. Jackpot Jordan has previously appeared in this company, but Jake Idol hasn't. American Cobras are more famous on the West Coast.

Main Event:

Marvel Malloy.jpgStorm Spillane.jpgvst copia.pngJake Idol.jpgimage.jpeg

AMERICAN COBRAS (MARVEL MALLOY & STORM SPILLANE) vs RICH AND FAMOUS (JAKE IDOL & JACKPOT JORDAN)

This match was driven by good storytelling. Both teams fight for recognition in their first tag team match in the company. Finally, Storm Spillane hit Jake Idol with a brainbuster.

American Cobras def. Rich And Famous by pinfall (Rating: 58, Time: 16')

Mac Smith: American Cobras will face Los Rubios Canadienses.

Grace Harper: I can't wait for Torneo De Parejas.

Alfonso Garcia: Don't miss Torneo De Parejas! Thank you for your support. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 55

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-27 a las 23.53.08.png

Live On

streamit copia.jpgWrestleWorld small.jpg

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

image.gif

TORNEO DE PAREJAS 2020

Sunday, Week 3, December 2020. The Snake Pit, Los Angeles, CA. Attendance: 1000 SELL OUT!

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to the first Torneo De Parejas!

Mac Smith: And this first edition will crown the first LAP Parejas champions too.

Grace Harper: There is much at stake.

Alfonso Garcia: This is the bracket, what do you think?

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-29 a las 21.09.00.png

Mac Smith: I believe Segunda Generación and Perez Xtreme are two established tag teams in LAP, but there are many good tag teams here that wouldn't surprise me if they win this tournament.

Grace Harper: I liked what I saw from The Night Terrors and I've heard good things about Los Rubios Canadienses. I'm eager to see more from these tag teams.

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the first match of the night, Perez Xtreme vs Phoenix Sun!

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpgSunburst.jpg

PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ) vs PHOENIX SUN (ULTIMATE PHOENIX & SUNBURST)

In a very good match to work the crowd, Perez Xtreme hit Sunburst with the PX-Clutch before Frankie pinned him.

Perez Xtreme def. Phoenix Sun via pinfall (Rating: 63, Time: 10')

Grace Harper: Perez Xtreme lived up to expectations in this opening match.

Alfonso Garcia: Los Rubios Canadienses vs American Cobras in the next match!

Mac Smith: Los Rubios Canadienses are a canadian tag-team, you may know them as The Canadian Blondes. American Cobras defeated Rich And Famous to advance to this round.

Flash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpgvst copia.pngMarvel Malloy.jpgStorm Spillane.jpg

LOS RUBIOS CANADIENSES (FLASH SAVAGE & OZZIE GOLDSTEIN) vs AMERICAN COBRAS (MARVEL MALLOY & STORM SPILLANE)

In this match storytelling took a big role as these tag-teams used their nationalist gimmicks to divide the fans. Los Rubios Canadienses hit Marvel Malloy with the Gold Standard before Flash Savage pinned him.

Los Rubios Canadienses def. American Cobras via pinfall (Rating: 53, Time 18')

A

Alfonso Garcia: Big win for Los Rubios Canadienses to debut in LAP. In the next match, Segunda Generación takes on The Night Terrors!

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngBabau.jpgMoroi.jpg

SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs THE NIGHT TERRORS (BABAU & MOROI)

In a car crash match, Segunda Generación hit Babeu with the Neutron Acceleration and Mustang Blanco Jr pinned him.

Segunda Generación def. The Night Terrors via pinfall (Rating: 63, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: No surprises in this one. The Acids vs Fire Attack in our next match!

Mac Smith: The Acids are 0-1-1 in 2vs2 matches in LAP, while Fire Attack defeated Going Cali to advance to this round.

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

THE ACIDS (ACID & ACID II) vs FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO)

In a match full of aerial spots, Amazing Fire Fly hit Acid with the Sky High Fire Fly.

Fire Attack def. The Acids via pinfall (Rating: 55, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Let's take a look at the bracket after this round:

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-29 a las 21.54.57.png

Alfonso Garcia: In the first semifinal, Perez Xtreme vs Los Rubios Canadienses!

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngFlash Savage.jpgOzzie Goldstein.jpg

PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ) vs LOS RUBIOS CANADIENSES (FLASH SAVAGE & OZZIE GOLDSTEIN)

These tag teams stole the show with this match. Perez Xtreme hit Flash Savage with the PX-Clutch and Frankie Perez pinned him.

Perez Xtreme def. Los Rubios Canadienses via pinfall (Rating: 63, Time: 10')

Grace Harper: Perez Xtreme are in the final!

Mac Smith: I can't say that this surprises me.

Alfonso Garcia: Time for the other Semifinal: Segunda Generación vs Fire Attack.

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO)

In a match full of dangerous and not always accurate aerial spots, Amazing Fire Fly hit Mustang Blanco Jr with the Sky High Fire Fly.

Fire Attack def. Segunda Generación via pinfall (Rating: 54, Time: 12')

Alfonso Garcia: Fire Attack have done it! They have reached the final!

Mac Smith: This is a fantastic result for them!

Alfonso Garcia: The final of this tournament, the fight for the LAP Parejas title: Perez Xtreme vs Fire Attack!

Mac Smith: Perez Xtreme were among the favorites to win this tournament and we can't forget that Frankie Perez has been the only wrestler to pin LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye this year. Fire Attack are obviously the underdogs in this match, but they've done a great tournament so far and Amazing Fire Fly looked fabulous in that recent match vs Pantera Roja.

Main Event: LAP PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP (TORNEO DE PAREJAS FINAL)

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ) vs FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO)

Amazing Fire Fly surprised their opponents and took control of the match during the first minutes with their fresh moves and dynamism. Frankie Perez lost control and blamed his brother Jonnie a few times during the match, but finally Perez Xtreme delivered a perfectly timed PX-Clutch to hit Rapido and Frankie pinned him to win the tournament and the Parejas titles.

Perez Xtreme def. Fire Attack via pinfall (Rating: 62, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Perez Xtreme, Perez Xtreme! They are the winners!

Grace Harper: They write their names in the history of these titles.

Alfonso Garcia: Thank you to everyone here in Los Angeles and the thousands watching at home. We'll be waiting for you for the last This Is Lucha episode of 2020. This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 63

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-29 a las 21.44.56.png

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-29 a las 22.28.59.png

Live On

Perez Xtreme win Torneo de Parejas and become the first LAP Parejas champions.

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

LAP parejas titulos.jpg

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 3

image.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 12

Monday, Week 4, December 2020, Florentine Gardens, Los Angeles, CA. Attendance: 400 SELL OUT!

Official theme song

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

New LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme are in the ring to start the show.

Frankie Perez: This is the beginning of a new era in LAP!

(The crowd boos Perez Xtreme while they hold their titles)

image.jpegimage.jpeg Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

Torneo de Parejas finalists Fire Attack and Perez Xtreme's archrivals Segunda Generación come out and the segment ends with the three tag-teams looking at each other from the distance.

Rating: 43

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to the last This Is Lucha of 2020!

Mac Smith: We've had a fantastic 2020.

Grace Harper: That's true.

Alfonso Garcia: Something tells me this thing between Perez Xtreme, Fire Attack and Segunda Generación didn't finish at Torneo de Parejas.

Mac Smith: Probably not.

Alfonso Garcia: Tonight in the first match, Eléctrico vs Máscara Roja Jr.

image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ELÉCTRICO vs MÁSCARA ROJA JR

The match was intended to work the crowd, but they didn't deliver. Eléctrico hit Máscara Roja Jr with the Electric Shock.

Eléctrico def. Máscara Roja Jr via pinfall (Rating: 41, Time: 8')

Mac Smith: Eléctrico finishes the year with a record of 5-4-0 in singles competition in LAP. He won the first Supercopa De La Lucha, not a bad 2020 for him.

Alfonso Garcia: He should be proud. It seems that Grace is in the ring to say something, Mac.

Grace Harper.jpgimage.jpeg

Grace Harper: I just want to say that my client Jagged is ready for a rematch against Remmy Skye. This time there will be no mistakes, the LAP Lucha belt will be around his waist at Apertura!

Remmy Skye.jpg

LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye comes out and the crowd erupts "Remmy, Remmy!".

Remmy Skye: Not so fast, Grace. Who says there will be a rematch?

Grace Harper: You've been repeating the same title matches during this year, Remmy. Why this should be different?

Remmy Skye: You've been insulting me during this whole year, Grace. You didn't do your client any favor. I'm going to request a Title Shot Match to decide who will be my opponent at Apertura!

Rating: 55

Mac Smith: I think Grace didn't see that coming.

Alfonso Garcia: The next match begins now, Frogue Element vs El Orgulloso!

image.jpegvst copia.pngEl Orgulloso_alt.jpg

FROGUE ELEMENT vs EL ORGULLOSO

In a short match full of dangerous aerial spots, Frogue Element hit El Orgulloso with the Fro' Splash.

Frogue Element def. El Orgulloso via pinfall (Rating: 53, Time: 6')

Mac Smith: After this win, Frogue Element is 3-3-0 in singles competition in LAP. He is gaining momentum.

Alfonso Garcia: Joanne is waiting with an update.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: Thank you, Alfonso. I've been confirmed that a Title Shot Match for the LAP Lucha championship has been booked for tonight's Main Event.

And it will be a Four-Way match between Ultimate Phoenix, Pantera Roja, Magnifico and Jagged!

Rating: 46

Grace Harper: What the hell?!? This is absurd!

Alfonso Garcia: Sorry Grace, but there's no time to waste, the next match between Pantera Roja and Sunburst is about to begin!

Mac Smith: Pantera is going to wrestle in two consecutive matches? We've seen him protesting for consecutive matches before, just remember Supercopa De La Lucha.

Alfonso Garcia: That's true, Mac, but I don't think he'd prefer to be left out of a Title Shot Match either.

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngSunburst.jpg

PANTERA ROJA vs SUNBURST

In this match with good storytelling Sunburst played the underdog backed by the enthusiastic crowd and Pantera Roja was the favorite that lived up to expectations when he hit Sunburst with the Feline Instinct.

Pantera Roja def. Sunburst via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time 16')

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event, a Four-Way Title Shot Match for the LAP Lucha championship between Ultimate Phoenix, Pantera Roja, Magnifico and Jagged!

Main Event: LAP Lucha Title Shot Match

image.jpegw/ image.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpegvst copia.pngPhenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

JAGGED (w/ Grace Harper) vs MAGNIFICO vs PANTERA ROJA vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

This was a great car crash match. Pantera Roja started dominating the match but ran out of energy at some point. Grace Harper distracted Ultimate Phoenix to help Jagged, who hit him with the Jagged Edge, but then Magnifico pushed Jagged out of the ring and pinned Phoenix to become the new #1 contender for the LAP Lucha title.

Magnifico def. Ultimate Phoenix, Jagged and Magnifico  by pinfall (Rating: 67, Time: 10')

Alfoso Garcia: Magnifico! Magnifico will face LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye at Apertura!

Mac Smith: He was the smartest guy out there tonight. He knew what could happen and waited for the moment to make his move.

Alfonso Garcia: And what a move! Thank you for watching us. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 57

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-02 a las 13.09.52.png

Live On

• Like 3

LAP 2020 RECAP

Top Events (Rating)

1. Lucha Fest I (December) - 68

2. Estallido I  (August) - 65

3. Torneo De Parejas 2020 (December) - 63

4. Gran Batalla De América I (August) - 62

5. Noche De Estrellas I (July) - 62

Top Events (Attendance)

1. Lucha Fest I (The Snake Pit, Los Angeles, CA. December) - 1000 SELL OUT!

2. Torneo De Parejas 2020 (The Snake Pit, Los Angeles, CA. December) - 1000 SELL OUT!

3. Escalera De Oro I (Globe Theatre, Los Angeles, CA.  October) - 782 SELL OUT!

4. Tiempo De Estallido Day 1 (Globe Theatre, Los Angeles, CA. August) - 691

5. Antes De La Batalla De América Day 2 (Globe Theatre, Los Angeles, CA.  August) - 656

Top TV Shows (Rating)

1. This Is Lucha #10 - 61

2. This Is Lucha #4 - 60

3. This Is Lucha #1 - 58

Top Matches (Rating)

1. Pantera Roja def. Amazing Fire Fly (This Is Lucha #10) - 74

2. Segunda Generación def. Perez Xtreme in a Tables match (Lucha Fest I) - 73

3. Remmy Skye def. Chess Maniac (Escalera De Oro I) - 70

4. Remmy Skye def. Jagged in a Ladder Match (Lucha Fest I) - 69

Remmy Skye def. Danny Dark (Estallido I) - 69

6. Magnifico def. Ultimate Phoenix, Jagged and Pantera Roja (This Is Lucha #12) - 67

Remmy Skye def. Pantera Roja (Noche De Estrellas I) - 67

Remmy Skye def. Pantera Roja (Gran Batalla De América I) - 67

9. Lilly & Rose def. Las Eléctricas (This Is Lucha #1) - 66

10. Frankie Perez def. El Hijo Del Neutron (Estallido I) -64

= Lilly & Rose def. Las Eléctricas (Escalera De Oro I) - 64

= Remmy Skye def. Frankie Perez (Venganza I) - 64

= El Hijo Del Neutron def. Jonnie Perez (This Is Lucha #2) - 64

Top Wrestlers (Average Rating)

1. Frankie Perez (24 matches) - 59

= Debbie Rose (14 matches) - 59

= Kate Lilly (14 matches) - 59

4. Remmy Skye (23 matches) - 58

= Jonnie Perez (19 matches) - 58

6. Pantera Roja (29 matches) - 57

= Pinky Perez (19 matches) - 57

= Amazing Fire Fly (11 matches) - 57

9. Electric Dreamer (15 matches) - 56

= El Hijo Del Neutron (26 matches) - 56

= Mariana Torres (18 matches) - 56

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 3

image.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 13

Monday, Week 1, January 2021, Colorado Springs Bar, Colorado Springs, CO. Attendance: 134

Official theme song

Chess Maniac.jpg

Chess Maniac is in the ring to start the show.

Chess Maniac: I was told weeks ago that I will be in the opening match at Apertura, but I still have no opponent! I don't want to wait anymore! I'm here to make an open challenge!

image.jpeg

After half a minute, Frogue Element comes out to say "I accept!". Chess Maniac just smirks at him.

Rating: 45

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to the first This Is Lucha of 2021!

Mac Smith: Happy new year guys.

Grace Harper: Let's have a great 2021!

Alfonso Garcia: That was a very promising segment, Apertura is coming soon. In the first match of the night, El Toro De Oro Jr vs Samael The Executioner.

Mac Smith: This will be the second time they meet. At Lucha Fest Samael defeated Golden Bull. He made things pretty uncomfortable for him before that match and this feud is not over.

EL TORO DE ORO JR vs SAMAEL THE EXECUTIONER

In a short wild brawl match, Samael The Executioner hit El Toro De Oro Jr with The Execution.

Samael The Executioner def. El Toro De Oro Jr via pinfall (Rating: 51, Time: 7')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg image.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with Simony Sentinel, who will confront LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer at Apertura.

Simony Sentinel: I've been around just for a couple of months, but I've already made more impact here than this champion who calls herself Dreamer. And she must be dreaming if she thinks she will hold the title after Apertura.

Rating: 44

Alfonso Garcia: In our next match we have a Triple Threat between Jonnie Perez, Mustang Blanco Jr and Rapido.

Mac Smith: Last week LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme, Segunda Generación and Fire Attack teased us with a Triple Threat Tag Team Match for the titles at Apertura and this is meant to be a fantastic warm up.

image.jpegvst copia.pngMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

JONNIE PEREZ vs MUSTANG BLANCO JR vs RAPIDO

In a match full of dangerous aerial spots, Mustang Blanco Jr hit Rapido with the Acceleration.

Mustang Blanco Jr def. Rapido and Jonnie Perez via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 10')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg image.jpeg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm here with the man of the moment, Magnifico, who won a Four Way match last week to earn a title shot at the LAP Lucha championship at Apertura. What will it be like to face Remmy Skye?

Magnifico: I have the utmost respect for everything Remmy has accomplished here and admire his personal story and how he has changed for the better. But I'm a multiple-time champion in Mexico and it's time to show my true potential in the United States as well.

Joanne Rodriguez: Magnifico, you face Scarlet Scarab in the Main Event tonight.

Magnifico: I know very well who is Scarlet Scarab, what he's done in Mexico and he'll be a tough opponent to prepare for Apertura.

Rating: 49

Grace Harper: This is a joke. He has taken the spot that my client Jagged deserved. Jagged should have a rematch vs Remmy Skye at Apertura for the title!

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for another match, Hellcat Hernandez takes on Pinky Perez.

Mac Smith: This two have met before in 2vs2 matches, but this is the first time we see them one on one.

Hellcat Hernandez.jpgvst copia.pngPinky Perez.jpg

HELLCAT HERNANDEZ vs PINKY PEREZ

In this match with good storytelling it is implied that these two have fought before in other companies as they made some references to previous matches that hardcore fans loved. Hellcat Hernandez hit Pinky Perez with the Running Bulldog.

Hellcat Hernandez def. Pinky Perez via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time 16')

Mac Smith: Good match and a big win for Hellcat Hernandez.

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for our Main Event, Magnifico vs Scarlet Scarab!

Main Event:

MAGNIFICO vs SCARLET SCARAB

Magnifico and Scarlet Scarab have a great start exchanging combinations and some aerial moves.

image.jpeg w/image.jpeg

Suddenly Jagged accompanied by his manager Grace Harper comes out. After a few minutes watching from the ringside how Magnifico dominates his opponent, Grace Harper tries to distract Magnifico while Jagged comes from behind, but Magnifico moves just before Jagged attacks him and Jagged botches the interference hitting Scarlet Scarab unintentionally during the process. The referee makes Jagged leave the ring and Magnifico hit Scarlet Scarab with the Magnifico Cradle to secure the match.

Magnifico def Scarlet Scarab via pinfall (Rating: 57, Time: 8')

image.jpeg image.jpeg

After the match, an irritated Grace Harper orders his client to destroy Magnifico, leaving him severely beaten on the ring.

Rating: 39

Alfonso Garcia: That's totally unacceptable! Time is over, thank you for watching us once again and have a happy new year. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 52

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-05 a las 4.59.19.png

Live On

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

LAPneo.gif

LAP PRESENTS THE NEW DESIGN OF THE LAP LUCHA AND LAP PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS

Current LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye and LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme were present.

LAP LUCHA

LAP Lucha belt neo.gif Remmy Skye.jpg

Remmy Skye

Held for 288 days

9 title defences

Prestige: 44

LAP PAREJAS

LAP Parejas NEO.gif Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpeg

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez)

Held for 8 days

0 title defences

Prestige: 35

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 14

Monday, Week 2, January 2021, Dignity Health Event Center, Bakersfield, CA. Attendance: 500 SELL OUT!

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome back to California for the last This Is Lucha before Apertura!

Mac Smith: Last week was our first time in Colorado and the crowd was fantastic and I'm sure Bakersfield will deliver tonight as well.

Grace Harper: Colorado fans were great!

Alfonso Garcia: In our first match tonight, Ultimate Phoenix vs Máscara Roja Jr.

Mac Smith: There's only one precedent, when Phoenix defeated Máscara Roja at Escalera de Oro. Ultimate Phoenix is 4-2-0 in singles competition, while Máscara Roja Jr is 0-5-0 still looking for his first win in LAP.

Ultimate Phoenix.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ULTIMATE PHOENIX vs MÁSCARA ROJA JR

In a short match to work the crowd, Ultimate Phoenix hit Máscara Roja Jr with Phoenix Firebird Splash..

Ultimate Phoenix def. Máscara Roja Jr via pinfall (Rating: 50, Time: 7')

Alfonso Garcia: A solid win for Phoenix. Let's see what Joanne has to say.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: Thank you, Alfonso. I'm going to make an official announcement. Tonight a Four Way will decide who is going to main event Apertura against an unknown opponent who happens to be the newest LAP signing.

I repeat. I'm not authorized to say who is this new signing but he is an international star and will face the winner of a Four Way match that is going to feature Eléctrico, El Orgulloso, Pantera Roja and Sunburst.

Rating: 53

Alfonso Garcia: Wow! Shocking news, Joanne. An international star?

Mac Smith: We've seen big signings in LAP recently but this might be the greatest.

Grace Harper: I bet Pantera Roja will win this Four Way match and then he will beat that international signing.

Alfonso Garcia: Now it's time for another match, Queens Of Lucha take on Tex-Mex.

Mac Smith: These tag-teams have met one time and it was a win for Queens Of Lucha.

Queen Amazon.jpgJaguar Queen.jpgvst copia.pngHouston Handley.jpgTeresa Perez.jpg

QUEENS OF LUCHA (QUEEN AMAZON & JAGUAR QUEEN) vs TEX-MEX (HOUSTON HANDLEY & TERESA PEREZ)

The girls tried to steal the show but the match wasn't that good. Queens Of Lucha hit Teresa Perez with the Queens Throne before Jaguar Queen pinned her.

Queens Of Lucha def. Tex-Mex via pinfall (Rating: 47, Time: 8')

Joanne Rodriguez: Good match from Queens Of Lucha.

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Four Way match that is going to decide who will face a new signing in the Main Event of Apertura. The participants are Eléctrico, El Orgulloso, Pantera Roja and Sunburst!

Mac Smith: If we talk about experience Eléctrico has to be your pick, you know, he has been already been in that spot in his career, he is a lucha legend. Eléctrico has a 5-4-0 in singles competition in LAP. Pantera Roja lost a title shot opportunity in another Four Way match two weeks ago, but in his defense I admit that he wrestled in two consecutive matches. Sunburst has a solid 8-6-0 record in singles competition and could be the alternative.

To decide who main events Apertura against an unknown opponent

image.jpegvst copia.pngEl Orgulloso_alt.jpgvst copia.pngPhenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngSunburst.jpg

ELÉCTRICO vs EL ORGULLOSO vs PANTERA ROJA vs SUNBURST

This was a very open car crash match. Pantera Roja dominated the match completely, while Sunburst got a good opportunity to win the match after hitting the Sun-Spot on El Orgulloso, Pantera Roja was just in time to avoid the 3-count. Panteja Roja stick to the plan perfectly and hit his old rival Eléctrico with the Feline Instinct to win the match.

Pantera Roja def. Eléctrico, El Orgulloso and Sunburst via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time 8')

Grace Harper: Pantera deserves this opportunity and I'm sure he will win, no matter who this new signing is.

Mac Smith: We've seen really high peaks from Pantera Roja in the past but main eventing Apertura, the first event of 2021, may very well be the highest point in his career in LAP so far.

Alfonso Garcia: Grace is leaving the announcers' table to accompany Jagged because it's time for the Main Event. Magnifico and Remmy Skye take on Jagged and Scarlet Scarab!

Mac Smith: I don't approve Grace's actions but we all know she doesn't accept that Magnifico won a Four Way match to earn a title shot for Remmy Skye's LAP Lucha title where his client Jagged was involved. Grace thinks Jagged deserves a rematch against Skye, while the champion says she's been lying about him for months and that's enough to deny her client a rematch. Skye and Magnifico, who will be opponents at Apertura, join forces in this match. 

Main Event:

image.jpegRemmy Skye.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg w/image.jpeg

MAGNIFICO & REMMY SKYE vs SCARLET SCARAB & JAGGED (w/ Grace Harper)

In a match with a good storytelling we see how two faces like Remmy Skye and Magnifico put aside their match at Apertura to join forces while the crowd heavily supports them. Grace Harper is totally out of her mind during the whole match and sometimes she sends confusing signals to Jagged and Scarab that don't help them. Magnifico again is the smartest in this match and anticipates an opening to hit Scarlet Scarab with the Magnifico Cradle to win the match, much to Grace's despair.

Magnifico & Remmy Skye def. Scarlet Scarab & Jagged via pinfall (Rating: 61, Time: 17')

Alfonso Garcia: What a title match is going to be Skye vs Magnifico! Thank you Bakersfield and all of you watching at home! Don't miss Apertura this Sunday live on WrestleWorld and stream it! This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 59

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-06 a las 16.10.28.png

Live On

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 1

PREDICTIONS FOR APERTURA II

The winner will have the opportunity to make a big decision!!!

APERTURA II CARD

Chess Maniac vs Frogue Element

LAP Women's

Electric Dreamer ©️ vs Simony Sentinel

LAP Women's Parejas

Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose) ©️ vs Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres)

LAP Lucha

Remmy Skye ©️ vs Magnifico

LAP Parejas

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Fire Attack (Amazing Fire Fly & Rapido) vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Main Event:

Pantera Roja vs ???

(TIE-BREAKER) Which 3 matches will have the highest rating? (in order)

LAP Women's

LAP Women's Parejas

Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose) ©️ vs Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres)

LAP Lucha

LAP Parejas

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Fire Attack (Amazing Fire Fly & Rapido) vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Main Event:

Pantera Roja vs ???

(TIE-BREAKER) Which 3 matches will have the highest rating? (in order)

Remmy Skye vs Magnifico

Pantera Rojo vs ???

• Like 1

Chess Maniac vs Frogue Element

Chess Maniac goes over here to keep himself quite strong. Poor Frogue but getting big matches on big cards is a good sign for him.

LAP Women's

Champ to retain here Simony is still establishing herself on the roster. 

LAP Women's Parejas

Lilly & Rose (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose) ©️ vs Perez & Torres (Pinky Perez & Mariana Torres)

The champs always deliver in the ring with good ratings and Pinky is backing up off losing efforts as a solo act. 

LAP Lucha

crazy that Remmy isn't the Main Event but I feel that says more about his opponent than him. Remmy to retain 

LAP Parejas

Perez Xtreme (Frankie Perez & Jonnie Perez) ©️ vs Fire Attack (Amazing Fire Fly & Rapido) vs Segunda Generación (El Hijo Del Neutron & Mustang Blanco Jr)

Perez Xtreme have had a strong run and it's been a decent way to keep Frankie out of the Main Event but quietly Segunda have built to a strong tag-team and it's a way for the Champs to lose without being involved in the loss. 

Let's go MUSTANG!! 

(Wouldn't be sad if Fire Fly got rewarded with a title considering how good he has been lately) 

Main Event:

Pantera Roja vs ???

Debuting in the Main Event as a planned mystery opponent. Unfortunate for Pantera but he is lucky to get the Main Event. Excited by what big name it may be, and they should win their debut. 

(TIE-BREAKER) Which 3 matches will have the highest rating? (in order)

1st - LAP Parejas 

2nd - Pantera vs ???

3rd - Remmy vs Magnifico

• Like 1

image.gif

APERTURA II

Sunday, Week 2, January 2021. Levine-Fricke Field, Berkeley, CA. Attendance: 1204 SELL OUT!

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to the first event of 2021!

Mac Smith: We're breaking a new attendance record here in Berkeley tonight!

Grace Harper: The atmosphere is unreal, guys.

Alfonso Garcia: And our card tonight is excellent. Electric Dreamer defends the LAP Women's title against Simony Sentinel. Lilly & Rose making tonight their third defence of the LAP Women's Parejas titles vs Perez & Torres. LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye makes his tenth defence against Magnifico. Perez Xtreme make their first defence of the LAP Parejas titles in an unpredictable Triple Threat match where Fire Attack and Segunda Generación will be their opponents. And in the Main Event, Pantera Roja takes on a mystery opponent!

Grace Harper: Too many things can happen!

Alfonso Garcia: There's more, Grace. In the first match, Chess Maniac vs Frogue Element!

Mac Smith: Chess Maniac is 14-3-0 in singles competition and those three losses were vs Remmy Skye. Frogue Element has a 3-3-0 record.

Chess Maniac.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

CHESS MANIAC vs FROGUE ELEMENT

In a match that was intended to work the crowd these two absolutely stole the show. Chess Maniac submitted Frogue with the Checkmate.

Chess Maniac def. Frogue Element via submission (Rating: 61, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: What a start! They really put on a show there! It's time for the LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer to defend the title against Simony Sentinel.

Mac Smith: This is a rematch of the Women's Tournament Final where Electric Dreamer became the first LAP Women's champion and it will be the first title defence for Dreamer.

LAP WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

Electric Dreamer.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ELECTRIC DREAMER (c) vs SIMONY SENTINEL

In a match full of aerial spots, Electric Dreamer hit Simony Sentinel with the Electric Chair.

Electric Dreamer def. Simony Sentinel via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time 15')

Alfonso Garcia: Dreamer retains!

Grace Harper: I hate everything she represents.

Alfonso Garcia: Will Lilly & Rose be able to retain the LAP Women's Parejas titles against Perez & Torres too?

Mac Smith: Well, these tag-teams have faced two times before and Lilly & Rose won both of them. The champions should be the favorites in this match.

LAP WOMEN'S PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Kate Lilly.jpgDebbie Rose.jpgvst copia.pngPinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpg

LILLY & ROSE (KATE LILLY & DEBBIE ROSE) (c) vs PEREZ & TORRES (PINKY PEREZ & MARIANA TORRES)

The girls stole the show with an unforgettable shocking match where the titles unexpectedly changed hands. Perez & Torres hit Debbie Rose with the Pink Tower before Pinky Perez pinned her to win the titles.

Perez & Torres def. Lilly & Rose via pinfall (Rating: 59, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Can you believe it? Perez & Torres have defeated the 2-time champions. Look at them, they can't stop smiling!

Mac Smith: They were the underdogs and they pulled off a big upset.

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match, LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye makes his tenth defence against Magnifico!

Mac Smith: What more can we say about Remmy Skye? He had a superb 2020, ending with a perfect 14-0-0 record in singles competition. Magnifico is 4-1-0, is one of the men at the top of every ranking right now and he won a Four Way match to earn this title shot.

LAP LUCHA CHAMPIONSHIP

Remmy Skye.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

REMMY SKYE (c) vs MAGNIFICO

The match started with high pace and intensity from both opponents.

image.jpeg w/image.jpeg

Jagged and his manager Grace Harper came out from the crowd when the referee was checking if Skye was OK after a bad landing and Jagged used this time to attack Magnifico from behind with a double kick and then hit him with the Jagged Edge. Then they just left and a confused Skye found Magnifico lying on the ground and proceed to pin him without fully understanding what had happened.

Remmy Skye def. Magnifico via pinfall (Rating: 50, Time: 10')

Mac Smith: Grace has lost her mind, she's helped Remmy Skye!

Alfonso Garcia: Well I think she didn't recognize Magnifico as the winner of the Four Way match and she didn't want him to dethrone Skye either. In the match, LAP Parejas champions Perez Xtreme make their first defence in a Triple Threat Tag-Team match against Fire Attack and Segunda Generación.

Mac Smith: Perez Xtreme defeated Fire Attack to win the titles in the Torneo De Parejas Final. By the way Segunda Generación lost to Fire Attack in the Semifinals and had a long rivalry with the champions. There are many stories here and we are eager to see this title match.

LAP PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Frankie Perez_alt1.jpgimage.jpegvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngNeutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpg

PEREZ XTREME (FRANKIE PEREZ & JONNIE PEREZ) (c) vs FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR)

In a frenetic car crash match, Fire Attack had a fantastic start and were in control of the match for the first minutes. Segunda Generación emerged then to take over and could almost touch the titles with their hands when they hit Rapido with the Neutron Accelerator, but Amazing Fire Fly put on an heroic last effort to save his partner. With Amazing Fire Fly out of the equation, Perez Xtreme finally gave positive signs and, after cleaning the ring, they hit Rapido with the PX-Clutch before Frankie pinned him.

Perez Xtreme def. Fire Attack and Segunda Generación via pinfall (Rating: 59, Time: 11')

Alfonso Garcia: That was a thriller! It's time for the Main Event, Pantera Roja against a mystery opponent!

Mac Smith: After not being able to win a Four Way match to face LAP Lucha champion Remmy Skye, Pantera Roja won another Four Way match to main event tonight. Pantera Roja is 15-3-0 in singles competition and was the runner-up in the Supercopa De La Lucha tournament.

Alfonso Garcia: Ok, Mac, but the question is who is he going to face tonight? Because all we know is that he is LAP's last signing and...

Alfonso stops talking because suddenly the titantron shows a strange image.

a22e9352618a472bba068ce9178db7f1.png

Before he can say anything else an entrance song plays and the ramp is filled by white smoke.

Axxis Jr.jpg

Alfonso Garcia: Oh my! Axxis Jr is here, "The Iron Luchador" Axxis Jr is LAP!

Mac Smith: Axxis Jr is one of the most popular wrestlers in Mexico, where he became a 4-time World champion, he is also one of the most popular mexican wrestlers in the United States and he wears one of the most prestigious masks in lucha.

Rating: 38

Main Event:

Phenomenal E_alt1.jpgvst copia.pngAxxis Jr.jpg

PANTERA ROJA vs AXXIS JR

This was a long match for LAP standards with good storytelling, giving the audience the opportunity to connect with Axxis Jr as Pantera Roja threw against him the best of his tremendous arsenal. Axxis Jr proved his international star status with a solid performance and his charisma to demand support from the crowd. Pantera Roja did an impressive work in this match and was close to win the match with his two finishers, the first time with the Feline Instinct and the second time with the Tumbleweed Legdrop, but Axxis survived both attempts. Axxis Jr brought the crowd on its feet when he hit Pantera Roja with the Gravity Axxisault to win the match.

Axxis Jr def. Pantera Roja via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time: 21')

Alfonso Garcia: What a great debut for Axxis Jr! Thank you for watching us. This was Lucha, this was Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 60

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-08 a las 12.00.23.png

Live On

Perez & Torres are the new LAP Women's Parejas champions.

Pinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpg

lap womensparejas.jpg

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

PREDICTIONS CONTEST FOR APERTURA II

5/6 @KyTeran

4/6 @HiPlus

Congratulations @KyTeran I've sent you a message with your reward, as promised you will be able to make an important decision.

Thank you for your additional comments @HiPlus.

As you already know Chess Maniac has been booked so strong that Frogue couldn't be hurt because of a loss and he got exposure in the opening match of the first event of the year. But I think he is making a name in America little by little.

I knew a victory for Perez & Torres seemed very unlikely but this may shake things a little and I thought a win for the faces in the first event of the year could make sense in a commercial approach. This is linked to LAP's owner story and will have more consequences soon.

It was a possibility for the LAP Parejas title to change hands in this event, it was Perez Xtreme's first defence but taking into account the whole storyline with Segunda Generación definitely could make sense. I wanted a title to change hands in this first event of 2021 and this title was the other option I consider, but I also took into consideration those other factors that will be revealed soon.

Pantera is such a reliable worker, he is the kind of wrestler that make anyone look good. He may deserve a face turn, but it wouldn't be in the short-therm. I don't know what you think about Axxis Jr, but I think has the potential to be a great signing.

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 1

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 15

Monday, Week 3, January 2021, Oceanview Pavilion, Port Hueneme, CA. Attendance: 400 SELL OUT!

Official theme song

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to This Is Lucha!

Mac Smith: I'm very excited because I've heard some rumors, Alfonso.

Grace Harper: Me too, I think there will be some kind of announcement tonight.

Alfonso Garcia: We'll see what happens. In our first match tonight, Fire Attack vs Orgullo Escarlata!

image.jpegimage.jpegvst copia.pngEl Orgulloso_alt.jpgimage.jpeg

FIRE ATTACK (AMAZING FIRE FLY & RAPIDO) vs ORGULLO ESCARLATA (EL ORGULLOSO & SCARLET SCARAB)

This was a car crash where Amazing Fire Fly stood out. Fire Attack hit El Orgulloso with the Stereo Moonsault before Amazing Fire Fly pinned him.

Fire Attack def. Orgullo Escarlata via pinfall (Rating: 60, Time: 8')

Alfonso Garcia: Joanne Rodrigues is with LAP's owner Joaquin Soler.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Joaquin Soler.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: Thank you, Alfonso. We know that is very unusual for you to appear on TV, Mr. Soler.

Joaquin Soler: I believe people want to watch the stars instead of me, Joanne. But tonight I have a really important message that I want to share with LAP fans. Yesterday LAP acquired the Puerto Rican company FCW.

image.gifimage.jpeg

Joaquin Soler: This merge will consolidate LAP nationally as the leading company among latins and one of the largest wrestling companies in North America. More details will be revealed very soon.

Rating: 66

Alfonso Garcia: This is huge!

Grace Harper: This will have a tremendous impact.

Mac Smith: I'm shocked. Hope that we'll learn more about this take over soon.

Alfonso Garcia: Show must go on, guys. Alina America takes on Simony Sentinel in our next match!

Mac Smith: This is the first we see from Alina in 2021 and as LAP Women's champion Electric Dreamer's tag-team partner is very interesting to see her against Dreamer's last challenger.

Alina America.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

ALINA AMERICA vs SIMONY SENTINEL

This match was about storytelling and they played with Alina's close friendship with Electric Dreamer and how much Sentinel wants Dreamer's title. Simony Sentinel hit Alina America with the Sentinel Strike to win the match and looked directly into the camera to send a message to Electric Dreamer.

Simony Sentinel def. Alina America via pinfall (Rating: 46, Time: 16')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Pinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm with the LAP Women's Parejas champions Perez & Torres. Congratulations on your big win.

Pinky Perez: We are so happy. We've been preparing for this for so long and we never gave up. We are very proud.

Joanne Rodriguez: Queens Of Lucha, Tex-Mex, of course Lilly & Rose... you have many potential opponents!

Mariana Torres: We will defend these titles no matter who we face.

Joanne Rodriguez: Tonight you're making your first defence against Las Gatas.

Pinky Perez: We prefer to start defending our titles as soon as possible, Joanne, we want to be considered fighting champions!

Rating: 49

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the third match of the night, Jagged vs Ultimate Phoenix!

Mac Smith: Ultimate Phoenix defeated Mascara Roja Jr last week, while this is Jagged's first singles match in 2021.

image.jpegw/ image.jpegvst copia.pngUltimate Phoenix.jpg

JAGGED (w/ Grace Harper) vs ULTIMATE PHOENIX

In a match full of dangerous aerial moves, Jagged hit Ultimate Phoenix with the Jagged Edge. After the match Grace Harper pointed to the camera to say "Remmy Skye, this is the man that scares you! You're not man enough to face him again, are you?".

Jagged def. Ultimate Phoenix via pinfall (Rating: 58, Time 7')

Mac Smith: Jagged's interference at Apertura was a clear sign that Grace does not forget easily.

Alfonso Garcia: Joanne Rodrigues is with LAP's last signing Axxis Jr!

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg Axxis Jr.jpg

Joanne Rodrigues: Axxis, you're the man everyone is talking about. What a great match to debut in LAP at Apertura!

(The crowd chants "Axxis, Axxis!!!")

Axxis Jr: Thank you, Joanne. You're such a good crowd. But this is just the beginning. I've felt that I did everything I could do in Mexico, but that wasn't enough. There's something else I want to accomplish in my career. And that is Lucha conquering America. We are going to conquer America and we will do it together!

Rating: 63

Mac Smith: Axxis Jr has just set the bar so high that we will have to wait to see if he can keep his promise.

Alfonso Garcia: He is so talented that I won't bet against him, Mac. It's time for our Main Event, LAP Women's Parejas champions Perez & Torres make their first defence against Las Gatas!

Mac Smith: This title defence is very interesting, considering that Hellcat Hernandez defeated Pinky Perez in a singles match two weeks ago. Last year these tag-teams met 4 times, Perez & Torres won 3 matches and Las Gatas won 1.

Main Event: LAP WOMEN'S PAREJAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Pinky Perez.jpgPoison Ivy.jpgvst copia.pngHellcat Hernandez.jpgDarkness Cat.jpg

PEREZ & TORRES (PINKY PEREZ & MARIANA TORRES) (c) vs LAS GATAS (HELLCAT HERNANDEZ & DARKNESS CAT)

In a match where everyone got involved, Perez & Torres hit Darkness Cat with the Pink Tower and Pinky Perez pinned her to retain the titles.

Perez & Torres def. Las Gatas via pinfall (Rating: 56, Time: 10')

Alfonso Garcia: Perez & Torres still LAP Women's Parejas champions! Thank you for watching us. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 60

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-09 a las 12.43.43.png

Live On

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Axxis Jr.jpgLAP2.gif

AXXIS JR IS LAP!

Axxis Jr has been hired by LAP on a 3 year exclusive written contract worth $700 per show.

Lucha America Productions owner Joaquin Soler said that "Axxis Jr is one of the very best in Lucha. During my time in the Mexican wrestling industry I always wanted to work with him. When he didn't extend his contract with EILL he automatically became our main target".

• Like 1

LAP owner Joaquin Soler participated in #1 Puerto Rican wrestling podcast

Mr. Soler has revealed many new details about FCW's acquisition. First of all he admitted that LAP paid less than $100.000 for the company and that it was an opportunity they couldn't miss.

The Mexican businessman said that all FCW workers will be evaluated in the next weeks and some workers will sign permanent contracts while others will be released.

In this scenario the next two weeks will be crucial as LAP will move all its operations to Puerto Rico beginning with the next episode of This Is Lucha. Soler confirmed that only male wrestlers will go to Puerto Rico because "FCW fans are not used to seeing women's wrestling during the shows and we want to make changes gradually".

Soler expressed his belief that LAP, the company that won the Most Improved Company Of 2020, is set to another breakthrough year in 2021 and he even promised that more things will come very soon and not only related to FCW.

Wow what a crazy bit of time it has been firstly signing Axxis Jr signing to such a long contract is massive news for the company and whoever he ends up putting over as he winds down his career will certainly get a nice boost to their popularity by having such a big name win. Still he has a few more years in him it seems signing on for three more years. Which in itself is crazy as you have to think this is probably his last long term contract and he chose LAP over places like OLLIE, EILL and SOTBPW which only further shows how far the company has come.

EILL losing 18 and half million dollars is massive news. They are probably still comfortably in the green in terms of money. Then there is the fact that LAP now own FCW which is perfect for the company to send people to train and also be seen by american audiences. 

• Like 1

lap thisislucha neo.gif

THIS IS LUCHA EPISODE 16

Monday, Week 4, January 2021, San Juan High School, San Juan, Puerto RIco. Attendance: 196

The Official theme song takes a special meaning this time when listening "A cualquier otra parte" ("To somewhere else") for the first time in Puerto Rico after LAP acquired FCW.

Alfonso Garcia: Welcome to Lucha America Productions! Welcome to Puerto Rico, This Is Lucha!

Mac Smith: I have to tell you, Alfonso, people in Puerto Rico love wrestling and they love Lucha!

Grace Harper: No matter how we call it, people here know what is good.

Alfonso Garcia: Last week LAP owner Joaquin Soler announced a merge with FCW. All wrestlers, titles, workers... of FCW are now part of LAP! And now it's time for the our first match ever in Puerto Rico, Segunda Generación vs The Latino Kings!

Mac Smith: The Latino Kings are 6-time FCW Tag-Team champions, nobody won more than them.

Neutron.jpgMustang Blanco.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpegimage.jpeg

SEGUNDA GENERACIÓN (EL HIJO DEL NEUTRON & MUSTANG BLANCO JR) vs THE LATINO KINGS (RUDY VELASQUEZ & HECTOR GALINDO)

In a good match to work the crowd, Segunda Genración hit Rudy Velasquez with the Neutron Accelerator and El Hijo Del Neutron pinned him..

Segunda Generación def. The Latino Kings via pinfall (Rating: 60, Time: 8')

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I have a very important announcement to make. Next week the first co-produced event by LAP and FCW will take place in Puerto Rico!

image.gif

Sunday 7 February at Coliseo Emilio E. Huyke in Humacao, LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021!

Rating: 64

Alfonso Garcia: Oh my! That event sounds great! 

Mac Smith: I think it's a way to somehow continue the tradition of FCW FREEDOM's Gate.

Alfonso Garcia: In the next match two FCW wrestlers collide, Kip Keenan vs Tex Tagan.

Mac Smith: It's time for them to prove they should stay in this new LAP, as Mr. Soler said that all former FCW workers will be under evaluation during the next weeks.

KIP KEENAN vs TEX TAGAN

This was a short wild brawl where they didn't click well. Kip Keenan hit Tex Tagan with the Belly To Belly Suplex.

Kip Keenan def. Tex Tagan via pinfall (Rating: 43, Time: 5')

Axxis Jr.jpg

After the match, Axxis Jr takes the ring to address Puerto Rican fans.

Axxis Jr: I want you to know that I'm excited to be here in Puerto Rico! My uncle, the original Axxis, had the utmost respect for this land and the tradition of one of the greatest territories in wrestling!

(The crowd applauds Axxis Jr)

Axxis Jr: And I want you to know that I will be at LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021. I'm intrigued to see who my opponent will be!

Giant Brody.jpg

Suddenly he is interrupted by the menacing presence of Giant Brody. Axxis Jr doesn't back up and just smiles.

Rating: 62

Alfonso Garcia: So many things are happening here in Puerto Rico, Joanne Rodriguez has something to announce.

Joanne Rodriguez.jpg

Joanne Rodriguez: I'm going to make another big announcement. At LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate 2021 there will be two Championship Unification Matches!

LAP Lucha belt neo.gif image.jpeg

One will be for the LAP Lucha / FCW Puerto Rican championships where Remmy Skye and Mutant will face each other and the winner will hold the LAP Lucha title.

(The crowd boos the announcement)

LAP Parejas NEO.gif image.jpeg

The second one will be for the LAP Parejas / FCW Tag-Team championships where Perez Xtreme will take on The Puerto Rican Boys for the LAP Parejas title.

(The boos continue)

Rating: 31

Alfonso Garcia: I know there's so much to say guys, but let's focus on the next match, FCW Puerto Rican champion "The King Of The Wasteland" Mutant takes on Eléctrico in a non-title match!

Mac Smith: We just found out that Mutant will face Remmy Skye in a unification match at LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate, so this match is very interesting because it's our opportunity to see Mutant in action.

ELÉCTRICO vs MUTANT

The crowd was still angry about the unification matches announcement and they didn't buy the storytelling of the match, where Eléctrico played the underdog because of the size different between them. Mutant hit Eléctrico with The Tina-Turner.

Mutant def. Eléctrico via pinfall (Rating: 34, Time 15')

Alfonso Garcia: Mutant is massive, he is so much bigger than Eléctrico.

Mac Smith: It really was a very difficult matchup for Electrico...

image.jpeg

Bradford Peverell takes the ring by storm.

Bradford Peverell: Puerto Rico, don't listen to them, listen to me! This has just begun and I'm already tired of this LAP people!

(Some fans applaud timidly)

Bradford Peverell: What does it mean that we, the FCW guys, are under evaluation? They are here to fire people! Wake up, Puerto Rico! I'm not the bad guy, they are the bad guys...

image.jpeg

Bradford Peverell was slamming LAP when Samael The Executioner comes out from behind and slams him against the ground.

Rating: 45

Grace Harper: Ouch! That must be painful.

Alfonso Garcia: It's time for the Main Event!  A Six-Way match where Bull Wrecker, Davis Wayne Newton, El Toro De Oro Jr, Frogue Element, Joffy Laine and Sunburst are the participants and the winner earns a shot at the People's championship!

Mac Smith: Xavi Ferrera is the current People's champion. There are many different styles in this match, but I'm sure we will have a good opponent for Ferrera at LAP x FCW Forbidden Gate.

Grace Harper: I think this is going to be a very open match.

Main Event: PEOPLE'S TITLE SHOT MATCH

image.jpegvst copia.pngDavis Wayne Newton.jpgvst copia.pngimage.jpeg

image.jpegvst copia.pngJoffy Laine.jpgvst copia.pngSunburst.jpg

BULL WRECKER vs DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON vs EL TORO DE ORO JR vs

vs FROGUE ELEMENT vs JOFFY LAINE vs SUNBURST

In a crazy car crash where everyone got involved, Sunburst hit Bull Wrecker with the Sun-Spot to win the match.

Sunburst def. Bull Wrecker, Davis Wayne Newton, El Toro De Oro Jr, Frogue Element and Joffy Laine via pinfall (Rating: 53, Time: 11')

Alfonso Garcia: Huge victory for Sunburst! Thank you Puerto Rico and all of you watching at home. This is Lucha, this is Lucha America Productions!

SHOW RATING: 55

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-10 a las 21.12.47.png

Live On

Edited by newbiezness
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2023 at 4:48 AM, HiPlus said:

Wow what a crazy bit of time it has been firstly signing Axxis Jr signing to such a long contract is massive news for the company and whoever he ends up putting over as he winds down his career will certainly get a nice boost to their popularity by having such a big name win. Still he has a few more years in him it seems signing on for three more years. Which in itself is crazy as you have to think this is probably his last long term contract and he chose LAP over places like OLLIE, EILL and SOTBPW which only further shows how far the company has come.

EILL losing 18 and half million dollars is massive news. They are probably still comfortably in the green in terms of money. Then there is the fact that LAP now own FCW which is perfect for the company to send people to train and also be seen by american audiences. 

In the last This Is Lucha episode there were evidences that FCW is not going to be independent. I wanted LAP to take FCW's popularity in Puerto Rico and I don't have plans for any other developmental territory soon. I prefer to build youngsters in LAP for the moment, maybe if the company grows too much this strategy will change.

Axxis Jr fits perfectly in my plans and it was great that he agreed to this long contract because $700 per show is not too much for someone like him. Hopefully he will retire in LAP, it'd a great storyline. EILL is still above $4M, so LAP is still far away from them in terms of economic power, but this opens a small window for the future as they won't be as untouchable in Mexico as they were before.