What your favorite roster size and how do you Organize it?

I ask this because I've noticed that majority of my future star are heel heavy. 4 of my NBTs are 100% Heel some new guys I hired are also 100% Heel or Amazing Heels. A lot of the people I'm interested in booking are better at heel or can only play heels. I have 36 faces and 35 Heels but, I barely notice most of my Babyfaces. 

I keep about 70-80 on my active roster with 20-30 rotating through vacations and everyone is signed to 1-2 year deals MAX (I edit length if I'm in a battle).  My goal is to have a 10 Main Event, 20 Upper Card, 30 mid, and the rest are lower.  That way I'm always building new talent.  Have fresh main events etc. 

• Like 2

I vastly prefer smaller rosters.

A show with 5-7 matches needs 14-20 wrestlers on the card, plus a few in reserve to mix things up and add some options. 24 is ideal. I'll add a few Special Attractions from time to time.

If I'm running a televised promotion, when I don't want people wrestling every week, it's more like 4-6 matches, times two so people wrestle every-other-week, so 26-30 wrestlers. I really cut out the multi-man nonsense on TV. 

I use a revolving door policy, where half of the roster is one short term 3-6 month deals. They come in, get a lot of focus and work, then move on. Monsters of the Week villains. Rookie babyfaces gaining experience. Nostalgia acts good for a quick story. I like shopping for new talent as much as the next guy, but I don't want to clog up my roster with acts I'm going to get bored of once the dopamine hit fades. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zero said:

I keep about 70-80 on my active roster with 20-30 rotating through vacations and everyone is signed to 1-2 year deals MAX (I edit length if I'm in a battle).  My goal is to have a 10 Main Event, 20 Upper Card, 30 mid, and the rest are lower.  That way I'm always building new talent.  Have fresh main events etc. 

Damn. How many shows are you usually running?

5 hours ago, Self said:

I vastly prefer smaller rosters.

A show with 5-7 matches needs 14-20 wrestlers on the card, plus a few in reserve to mix things up and add some options. 24 is ideal. I'll add a few Special Attractions from time to time.

If I'm running a televised promotion, when I don't want people wrestling every week, it's more like 4-6 matches, times two so people wrestle every-other-week, so 26-30 wrestlers. I really cut out the multi-man nonsense on TV. 

I use a revolving door policy, where half of the roster is one short term 3-6 month deals. They come in, get a lot of focus and work, then move on. Monsters of the Week villains. Rookie babyfaces gaining experience. Nostalgia acts good for a quick story. I like shopping for new talent as much as the next guy, but I don't want to clog up my roster with acts I'm going to get bored of once the dopamine hit fades. 

The Short term deals is a good one. I have people on my roster that I forget about until something happens involving them. I was going to let One person's contract run out but the damn owner resigned her personally, now I have to ignore her some more.

1 hour ago, chm39 said:

Damn. How many shows are you usually running?

One for each save.  I don't use everyone.  But I also load up the pre-show.  I also turn off "not being used makes me angry" or whatever it is called.  But usually, like I said, 20-30 on vacation.  I plan six months ahead in each of my saves which makes it easier. 

• Like 2

I'm currently in a long-term game save with a brand split, so my actual number of overall wrestlers is stupidly high. That being said, I've found that having 25-35 wrestlers per brand does make things pretty smooth as a whole and next game I try, I might just work harder at keeping things to this size for a single promotion.

I usually keep things structured so I have an even number of main eventers, whether that's 4, 6 or 8 depending on my company size, and this pattern follows with a select group of upper midcarders that can hang with the major stars, especially with whoever my top champion is. Below that is the rest of my card ranging from solid hands, developing future stars, and jobber to the stars/general lower midcard, taking up 10-14 spaces usually. My tag team scene tends to be counted outside of these groupings and numbers, but for the most part I try to stick with 6 teams at least to have a competitive division, and like their popularity to range from midcard to upper midcard usually for variety in matchups.

Unofficially, there are also a rotating group of jobbers I keep around on 6 month deals, sometimes they have a future, sometimes they don't, but as long as they can take a beating I'll take em in.

8 minutes ago, SomeLazyMagic said:

I'm currently in a long-term game save with a brand split, so my actual number of overall wrestlers is stupidly high. That being said, I've found that having 25-35 wrestlers per brand does make things pretty smooth as a whole and next game I try, I might just work harder at keeping things to this size for a single promotion.

I usually keep things structured so I have an even number of main eventers, whether that's 4, 6 or 8 depending on my company size, and this pattern follows with a select group of upper midcarders that can hang with the major stars, especially with whoever my top champion is. Below that is the rest of my card ranging from solid hands, developing future stars, and jobber to the stars/general lower midcard, taking up 10-14 spaces usually. My tag team scene tends to be counted outside of these groupings and numbers, but for the most part I try to stick with 6 teams at least to have a competitive division, and like their popularity to range from midcard to upper midcard usually for variety in matchups.

Unofficially, there are also a rotating group of jobbers I keep around on 6 month deals, sometimes they have a future, sometimes they don't, but as long as they can take a beating I'll take em in.

The idea of a brand split always comes to mind but I don't go through with it because I don't feel like dealing with Titles and extra Stories or the champ going back and forth.