The Outlaw Mudshow Or Peter Valentine's Redemption...

GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match

"Evil Genius" Chess Maniac VS Dragon Americano VS "The Bone Collector" Christopher Ball VS Astro

Comments:
Chess Maniac. Not only would he make a great first champion but seems like the most logical choice here; Americano is a veteran and would also make a great inaugural champ but I think he's a step below Maniac in terms of in-ring skill. Astro is far too green to be holding the strap so early. Christopher Ball, now I'd love him to win as I like it when a non-high flyer wins a belt that would traditionally go to more jumpy, flippy workers, but the belt needs to be established as such a belt before he can break that habit to win it. 

GWC World Television Championship 3 Way Dance

Harvey Robbinfield VS Zip "The Lip" Deverall VS Flash Savage W/Mya Catalan

Comments:
While the odds are stacked against him, I think Robbinfield gets the win as Zippy is even less experienced than he is, and Flash Savage is a tag guy. I think the heels invertedly cost one another the match, maybe with the rest of the stable getting involved too.

GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Championship

Disk Of Death Hardcore Battle Royal

Bullseye, Wayon Walls, Charlie Corner, Martyr, Jack Pryde, Original Sinner, Ozzie Golden plus 3 Mystery Guests

Comments:
Bullseye and Walls are tag guys. Corner is too green. Jack Pryde is an exceptional prospect but it's too early for him too, plus he doesn't fit the bill for a hardcore belt, and this early in the promotion's run it's about establishing what the belts are about. Goldstein is a tag guy with Flash Savage. One of the three mystery guests could win of course, but I'll go for who we know is in the match. It boils down to Sinner or Martyr, with Martyr being the smarter choice in my opinion; not only is he a perfect example of a hardcore wrestler, but Sinner is both very inexperienced and one of Darkhold's lackeys. If anyone from the Dark Covenant is going to hold a belt before Deacon they will have cause to challenge his leadership, and we are far too early for that.

GWC World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Triple Threat Match

The Hot Taggs W/February Malaise VS The Wrecking Crew VS Lightning Express

Comments:
I hope this doesn't go on before the title match itself. I hate when promotions IRL run #1 contender matches before the title match happens. 99/100 times it makes the outcome of said title match obvious. Luckily with both the teams in the title match being faces this shouldn't be an issue here even if it does go on before the title match, so I'm not overly upset if it happens here. Anyway with that said, it makes sense for a heel duo to win, ruling out Lightning Express. I think this is a three way match to give The Wrecking Crew the win while keeping The Hot Taggs strong for a (not-too-distant) future shot.

Singles Match

Chip Martin VS "Wildfire" Cip Conduit

Comments:
I like Martin and considering he's the leader of Generation Next he needs the win to keep his place at the head of the table. Conduit is a good dance partner to help Martin's development and a win here lets him continue to climb the ladder on the roster.

Tag Team Tornado Streetfight
"Southern Psychopath" Animal Harker & "Blue Collar Outlaw" Pepper Pelton VS The Night Terrors

Comments:
Harker is one of the biggest babyfaces in the company and The Night Terrors are lackeys for Darkhold. Pelton is along for the ride too. Harker wins here to continue the build to an inevitable showdown with Deacon.

Mayhem At The Morgue (Cinematic Match)

Deacon Darkhold & ??? VS Texas Hangman

Comments:
The addition of a mystery partner here just pushes this in Darkhold's favour imo. It gives Hangman the ability to lose without looking weak, whereas Darkhold can't afford defeat here if The Dark Covenant are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the company. 

GWC World Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals

The Wild Bunch VS The War Chiefs

Comments:
There is a lot to like about this match. Both teams have been focal points of the tag team division during its infancy. It's Cowboys vs Indians which is very fitting for the company's style. There are no bad workers in this match. Either side would make a great first pair to hold the titles, but I slightly prefer The Wild Bunch and I think you do too Will so I'm going with them.

GWC World Heavyweight Championship

"The Ironman" Conner Threepwood W/Sweet Tabitha VS "The Phenom" Phillippe LaGrenier W/Clare South

Comments:
Unless there is awful chemistry and a terrible night before, this will be match of the night easily. Certainly from an in-ring perspective. LaGrenier is solid, but I really like Threepwood in the C-Verse and think he's a great person to head the start of a smaller promotion, at least until those with more star quality are big enough names that he can pass the baton on to them.

Bonus Questions:

1. True/False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Jack Bruce
False - Bruce is too busy flying to Britain to make his BOW debut as you keep pushing for it. 😉

2. True/False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Sam Bong
True - Not only does Peter Valentine fulfil his promise to the WrestleWorld execs, but when Sam Bong spins the disk of death he will enter with a bong as his weapon of choice too.

GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match

"Evil Genius" Chess Maniac

GWC World Television Championship 3 Way Dance

Zip "The Lip" Deverall

GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Championship

Disk Of Death Hardcore Battle Royal

Bullseye,

GWC World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Triple Threat Match

The Hot Taggs W/February Malaise 

Singles Match

"Wildfire" Cip Conduit

Tag Team Tornado Streetfight
"Southern Psychopath" Animal Harker & "Blue Collar Outlaw" Pepper Pelton

Mayhem At The Morgue (Cinematic Match)

Deacon Darkhold & ???

GWC World Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals

The War Cheifs

GWC World Heavyweight Championship

"The Ironman" Conner Threepwood W/Sweet Tabitha

Bonus Questions:

1. False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Jack Bruce

2. True - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Sam Bong

On 11/11/2023 at 9:10 PM, azzak said:

Bonus Questions:

1. True/False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Jack Bruce
False - Bruce is too busy flying to Britain to make his BOW debut as you keep pushing for it. 😉

2. True/False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Sam Bong
True - Not only does Peter Valentine fulfil his promise to the WrestleWorld execs, but when Sam Bong spins the disk of death he will enter with a bong as his weapon of choice too.

Don't act like you don't have the cash to bring in Jack Bruce! I've saw your starting pop. You've got the cash.

Also, now I have to add a bong to the Disk Of Death. Why didn't I think of that. Maybe a bong wrapped in barbedwire.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, willr0ck said:

Don't act like you don't have the cash to bring in Jack Bruce! I've saw your starting pop. You've got the cash.

Also, now I have to add a bong to the Disk Of Death. Why didn't I think of that. Maybe a bong wrapped in barbedwire.

Dunton Hall is a billionaire - I have the cash to bring in 1,000 Jack Bruces! (actually that's a lie, I think I could only afford 20 of him if my estimates of his appearance fee are correct.) All I have to do is convince him to uproot his New York life for London... He likes tea, right?!

My crazy, chaotic, creative genius is available for a fee. It'll cost you one Jack Bruce.

Everything is better wrapped in barbed wire. Especially barbed wire wrapped in bared wire.

10 hours ago, azzak said:

Dunton Hall is a billionaire - I have the cash to bring in 1,000 Jack Bruces! (actually that's a lie, I think I could only afford 20 of him if my estimates of his appearance fee are correct.) All I have to do is convince him to uproot his New York life for London... He likes tea, right?!

My crazy, chaotic, creative genius is available for a fee. It'll cost you one Jack Bruce.

Everything is better wrapped in barbed wire. Especially barbed wire wrapped in bared wire.

Jack Bruce doesn't really fit our style very well. How about a Jack Spruce instead?

image.jpeg.713528de588b9a7be29715049e246e48.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, azzak said:

Actually I was thinking he could be Texas Hangman's long lost brother Jack Noose?

Careful now, Jack Spruce gets the kids to plant trees and help save the Earth.

Jack Noose gets the kids to....well let's just say there are a lot less kids around.

• 2 weeks later...

GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match: "Evil Genius" Chess Maniac

GWC World Television Championship 3 Way Dance:  Harvey Robbinfield

GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Championship Disk Of Death Hardcore Battle Royal: Martyr

GWC World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Triple Threat Match: The Wrecking Crew

Singles Match: "Wildfire" Cip Conduit

Tag Team Tornado Streetfight: 
"Southern Psychopath" Animal Harker & "Blue Collar Outlaw" Pepper Pelton

Mayhem At The Morgue (Cinematic Match): Deacon Darkhold & ???

GWC World Tag Team Championship Tournament Finals: The Wild Bunch

GWC World Heavyweight Championship: "The Ironman" Conner Threepwood W/Sweet Tabitha

Bonus Questions:

1. False - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Jack Bruce

2. True - One of the mystery guests in the battle royal will be Sam Bong

(OOC: I apoligize for the lenghty delay. I had some projects at work that had to get finished up before the holiday break and then we had to head up to Baltimore for Thanksgiving so life was just super hectic. But I'm back now and hopefulyl can get back ona  schedule.)

Wild, Wild, Winter!

January, Week 4

The West Texas Coliseum

El Paso, Texas

Attendance: 2,000 Sold Out!

image.jpeg.cbc9cbd06676234f4d48c93d5ddd2095.jpeg

Live from The West Texas Coliseum in El Paso, Texas…

image.jpeg.04e7c1d87a04361211fdd9b14fbbd5df.jpeg

And

image.png.2e567741c56ee41cde31d52006a3cf9e.png

Present

image.png.a942a5eb7cabcc6743d6cc1fbb6cefb3.png

Opening Theme: Gojira - Born In Winter [OFFICIAL VIDEO]

[The camera fades in, revealing the interior of The West Texas Coliseum in El Paso, TX. Excitement crackles through the air as the crowd eagerly awaits the start of Wild, Wild, Winter! A short pyro display near the stage area goes off as the camera zooms in on the broadcast booth, where Jim Lou Freebush and Peter Valentine welcome everyone to the broadcast.]

image.jpeg.47546351aab3f7af86ff0e040383bbc1.jpegimage.jpeg.8a82523d91892e7f2af3324ea9e3784c.jpeg

Jim Lou Freebush: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the hottest event of the season, Wild, Wild, Winter! We're coming to you live from The West Texas Coliseum, and oh boy, do we have a night full of thrills and spills as we crown our very first champions in all divisions on this very show!

Peter Valentine: Thrills and spills, Jim? Is that the best you could come up with? I've seen more excitement at a retirement home bridge game.

Jim Lou Freebush: (smirking) Well, Peter, you always know how to brighten up a room. Speaking of which, have you ever been to a retirement home? Because you’ve certainly been to the wrestling retirement home. You own property there.

Peter Valentine: Please, Jim, spare me your half-assed attempts at being witty. Now, let's get back to what really matters – the action in the ring. And speaking of matters, who even hired you to do this job?

Jim Lou Freebush: (laughs) Oh, Pete, you know I'm the voice of the people! Besides, I believe it was you sir, who hired me. 

Peter Valentine: (rolls eyes) Yeah, I guess I did and I regret that decision everytime we work together. We all know I'm the reason people tune in. They love to hate me.

Jim Lou Freebush: Well, folks, as you can see, the back and forth banter is already heating up here in the booth. But fear not, because tonight's matches are about to turn the temperature up even higher! Let’s kick things off in style with a good, old fashioned, ladder match!

image.jpeg.50503fe31c849de1fb541b5695416ed6.jpeg

image.jpeg.74b084a441506387dd22a52d773c1e83.jpeg

image.jpeg.99fa52c2d0d64e01fc00c9c03a09ec48.jpegimage.jpeg.96b426da21836eab431ffce33b5884ce.jpeg

image.jpeg.1eca6fe260fc35b77cb14c1ce00e8d8d.jpegimage.jpeg.1f00eabaa46ccf5c362f538ca7f910d4.jpeg

GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship 4-Way Ladder Match

“Evil Genius” Chess Maniac VS Dragon Americano VS “The Bone Collector” Christopher Ball VS Astro

The match showcases a perfect balance of high-flying maneuvers, technical prowess, and daredevil stunts. Astro and Dragon Americano, forming an early pact, display remarkable teamwork, executing synchronized aerial assaults. Meanwhile, Chess Maniac and Christopher Ball, not ones to shy away from taking short cuts, cunningly exploit every opportunity to gain an upper hand, employing underhanded tactics to thwart their opponents.

As the match continues, each competitor takes turns ascending the ladder, only to be pulled down or knocked off by their adversaries. Christopher Ball exhibits his incredible strength, suplexing Dragon Americano onto a ladder, while Astro dazzles the audience with acrobatic flips and dives from the top rope and off of ladders.

The crowd is on the edge of their seats as the match reaches its climax, with all four competitors battered and exhausted.

The unforgettable moment comes when Chess Maniac scales the ladder and launches himself from the top, executing a breathtaking moonsault onto his opponents below, leaving a lasting imprint on the minds of the spectators.

Seizing the opportunity, Chess Maniac tosses the other three men to the outside and swiftly ascends the ladder once more. Chess Maniac triumphantly unhooks the GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship belt, securing his victory!

Chess Maniac wins the GWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship

image.jpeg.99fa52c2d0d64e01fc00c9c03a09ec48.jpeg

image.jpeg.74b084a441506387dd22a52d773c1e83.jpeg

Chess Maniac stands tall in the ring after the match proudly clutching his title belt...

Jim Lou Freebush: Wow, what a way to kick off our first ever pay per view! Looks like the reign of evil over the Junior division begins tonight with Chess Maniac!

Peter Valentine: Ha,ha,ha, I love it Jim! Chess Maniac is just the kind of champion this company needs! Now if he could just bulk up a bit. You know how I feel about those vanilla midgets Jim.

Jim Lou Freebush: So I’ve heard Peter, so I’ve heard. We’ve got a stacked card tonight so let’s keep things rolling. It’s time to crown a World Television Champion in a 3-Way-Dance. Let’s get to the ring.

image.jpeg.3177a2dc8869ce465b0f04cb1087e897.jpeg

image.jpeg.66c5d7dcb5a20311c0a5966b6e0c38fd.jpegimage.jpeg.7c6900cf0c1dc41e3b49a80b533f8fe3.jpeg

image.jpeg.a976cce5755bd195d382b063f9775f39.jpegimage.jpeg.4e5f775d6ec98004bf36037a46bffcc9.jpeg

GWC World Television Championship 3-Way-Dance

Harvey Robbinfield VS Zip “The Lip” Deverall VS Flash Savage W/Mya Catalan

From the opening bell, Robbinfield fights valiantly, attempting to overcome the collaborative efforts of the devious duo. Savage and Deveral capitalize on their alliance, strategically double-teaming Robbinfield at every turn. Despite the odds, the fan favorite displays resilience, countering each onslaught.

As the match reaches its climax, Robbinfield summons his strength and with a powerful clothesline, sends Deverall tumbling over the ropes and onto the outside, temporarily shifting the momentum in his favor. Seizing the opportunity, Robbinfield turns his attention to Flash Savage, determined to put an end to the treacherous duo's tactics.

However, the cunning Mya Catalan interjects herself, distracting Robbinfield at a critical moment. While Savage attempts to capitalize on the distraction, Robbinfield sidesteps the attack, leaving Savage vulnerable as Robbinfield delivers his finisher, the Omega Driver (Killswitch), incapacitating Savage.

Just as Robbinfield goes for the pin, the opportunistic Deverall re-enters the ring and strikes from behind. Executing his devastating finisher, The Mic Check (Reverse Russian Leg Sweep), Deverall plants Robbinfield face first in the canvas. With Robbinfield incapacitated, Deverall seizes the moment, pinning him for the victory.

ZipDeverall wins the GWC World Television Championship

image.jpeg.7c6900cf0c1dc41e3b49a80b533f8fe3.jpegimage.jpeg.a976cce5755bd195d382b063f9775f39.jpeg

image.jpeg.4e5f775d6ec98004bf36037a46bffcc9.jpegimage.jpeg.66c5d7dcb5a20311c0a5966b6e0c38fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.3177a2dc8869ce465b0f04cb1087e897.jpeg

After the match Deverall stands triumphant, holding his championship belt high in the air as the crowd boos. He motions for Savage to toss Robbinfield out of the ring while Catalan stands beside him flashing a satisfied smirk…

Zip Deverall: (raising the championship high) Well, well, well, El Paso! Did you enjoy that little spectacle? Did you really think your precious Harvey Robbinfield had a chance against the might of Catalan Enterprises?

[The crowd boos louder, but Deverall smirks, reveling in the negative reaction.]

Zip Deverall: (laughing) Save your tears, people. Your so-called hero couldn't cut it in the big leagues. I told you all along that this is the era of Zip Deverall!

[Mya Catalan nods approvingly, applauding Deverall's words as he continues to taunt the crowd.]

Zip Deverall: (pointing to the crowd) You, El Paso, thought you could support someone like Robbinfield, the so-called "fan favorite." Well, newsflash, folks – your hero couldn't even last a minute against the might of Catalan Enterprises. And as for this [he pats the championship belt], it's found its rightful owner.

[Deverall smirks at the championship, then glares back at the audience.]

Zip Deverall: Catalan Enterprises – we're here to take over. Get used to seeing Zip Deverall with this gold around his waist because, mark my words, this is just the beginning. Harvey, if you're still conscious down there, let this be a lesson: in the world of wrestling, only the strong survive. And right now, El Paso, you're looking at the strongest.

[The boo’s intensify, but Zip Deverall and Mya Catalan soak it in, reveling in the disdain of the crowd as they exit the ring]

Jim Lou Freebush: There you have it folks, confident words from our inaugural World Television Champion, Zip “The Lip” Deverall. Let’s head back to the ring for The “Disc Of Death” Hardcore Battle Royal.

The battle royal will start with two participants selected randomly. Every two minutes another participant will join the match. Before entering the match each participant will spin the “Disc Of Death”. Each section of the disc has a different weapon on it, some good, some not so good. Whatever weapon the disc lands on is the weapon that that particular participant will bring with them to the ring. Participants can only be eliminated by being thrown over the top rope.

Peter Valentine: Well this could get real interesting Jim, real interesting indeed. Let’s get this party started!

image.png.b808f875fc2922eee40c902e4452b497.png

image.jpeg.cab9ce9827dbd551536ad8d5e892119c.jpeg

image.jpeg.f9ea681ea8e90165a114049f8ca9fc6e.jpegimage.jpeg.0e2e897be50566fa809970abc47e1428.jpegimage.jpeg.1a41d5fcca8538c90fd314191107cafc.jpeg

image.jpeg.6bcb9c6ff367817ba96cd63c4d4909be.jpegimage.jpeg.58e77a29ee5cb35bec1628b3009dead0.jpegimage.jpeg.9449fa953e576a19cc9045943c00496a.jpeg

image.jpeg.ed586e3190c61ef815b08a0685141820.jpegimage.jpeg.037f68c09640ec6117f7af9078d3f8b6.jpeg

image.jpeg.9036d84a0b2cc5a897d92db905de38eb.jpegimage.jpeg.596bdcfc5d380182130a6d19f98c7695.jpeg

The “Disc Of Death” Hardcore Battle Royal For The GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Championship

Participants: Bullseye, Wayon Walls, Charlie Corner, Martyr, Jack Pryde, Original Sinner, Ozzie Golden, Sam Bong, Jack Spruce & Rip Gourd

The bell rings, signaling the start of the mayhem, as Bullseye and Waylon Walls find themselves as the initial entrants. Bullseye, armed with a barbed wire baseball bat, takes an early advantage, unleashing a flurry of attacks. Waylon Walls, wielding a steel chair, retaliates fiercely. It’s obvious these two partners don’t have an issue fighting each other…

As the clock ticks down, Charlie Corner is the first drawn participant to enter the fray, bringing a kendo stick into the mix. The trio engages in a wild exchange of weapon-wielding chaos. Jack Pryde, armed with a steel trash can, enters next, amplifying the mayhem…

Martyr steps into the battle, armed with the unconventional whoopee cushion. The crowd erupts into a mix of laughter and disbelief as Martyr cleverly utilizes the unexpected weapon, turning the tide in his favor. Original Sinner follows, equipped with a barbed wire baseball bat, bludgeoning everyone in his path…

Ozzie Golden, wielding a steel chain, joins the fray as the participants jockey for position…

The mystery guests make their entrances, each bringing their unique weapon into the battleground. Sam Bong, with a giant plastic bong, Rip Gourd, armed with a pillow to the audience's amusement, and Jack Spruce, wielding a nightstick, contribute to the unpredictable chaos…

As all ten participants enter the match, the ring becomes a canvas of weapon-induced madness. Participants are tossed over the top rope at regular intervals, thinning the field. Bullseye and Waylon Walls, the initial combatants, continue to exhibit resilience, while Martyr's strategic use of the whoopee cushion adds an unexpected element of humor to the match…

In the final moments, Original Sinner and Martyr, forming an unlikely alliance, systematically eliminate the bloody and battered Bullseye and Waylon Walls. The last two men standing, Original Sinner and Martyr, engage in a fierce showdown. Both men bash each other with hard strikes. Original Sinner cracks Martyr over the head with his barbed wire bat several times knocking the man down to the mat. Martyr sneakily picks up a pizza cutter that was laying on the mat. As Sinner attempts to pick him up, Martyr seizes the moment, using his whoopee cushion distraction to deliver a knockout punch.

Martyr holds the pizza cutter up in the air much as the crowd cheers. He grabs Sinner and slices him on the forehead several times with the pizza cutter. He then hits Sinner with a Vengeance Driver (DVD) that sends Sinner tumbling over the top rope, and Martyr stands victorious amidst the wreckage, the "Disc Of Death" Hardcore Battle Royal champion and new GWC Unsanctioned Hardocre Champion!

Martyr wins the GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Championship

Jim Lou Freebush: Well Peter, that was pure mayhem! And of course as predicted, Martyr is the inaugural GWC Unsanctioned Hardcore Champion. Man, I’m sure his parents are proud of their sweet, baby boy.

Peter Valentine: Wow, Jim, you sure are an insensitive prick! Martyr’s parents are both dead. They were both victims of heinous murder. In fact, their killer has never been found.

Jim Lou Freebush: Oh, in that case my apologies to Martyr. I didn’t mean any disrespect. Something tells me he knows exactly who the killer is though.

Peter Valentine: You better watch yourself Jim!

Jim Lou Freebush: Fair enough, up next we have a GWC World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Match. We sure know how much it irritates all you smarks following along to have a top contenders match before the champions are crowned, so this match is dedicated to you guys! Let’s head to the ring…

image.jpeg.89aa735b61e352034a9941a53484ad5d.jpegimage.jpeg.b336cda913435085d041204b67f7f067.jpegimage.jpeg.aedc1db286b3a4ddaae61818bfa233df.jpeg

image.jpeg.22ccabc1ea2df61b631e313d960481fe.jpegimage.jpeg.48de4166dbe9a4a025e395c855827142.jpeg

image.jpeg.932e080f8ef67e7199a7cd02794c39fa.jpegimage.jpeg.6ce8ba5e17eb3eb00475e7a955503ca7.jpeg

GWC World Tag Team Championship #1 Contenders Triple Threat Match aka

(You bunch of marks, I’m putting this match before the tag finals match, lol)

The Hott Taggs W/February Malaise VS The Wrecking Crew VS Lightning Express

From the opening bell, the match showcases the unique strengths of each team. The Hot Taggs rely on their raw power, executing bone-crushing slams and powerful throws. Lightning Express dazzles the audience with their lightning-fast teamwork, utilizing quick tags and high-flying maneuvers to keep the pace intense.

The Wrecking Crew, living up to their name, take a more aggressive approach by isolating their opponents' necks, targeting a vulnerable area to wear them down.

As the match progresses, the action spills in and out of the ring, with all three teams showcasing their unique chemistry and strategies. February Malaise, the valet for The Hot Taggs, adds an extra layer of drama, occasionally interjecting herself to provide crucial support to Wolfie and Kalder.

In a pivotal moment, The Wrecking Crew manages to isolate Lightning Express, systematically breaking down their defenses. With ruthless precision, Patterson and Night execute their devastating double team finisher, "Get Wrecked" , a vicious spike piledriver, leaving Jerry Pepper helpless. The referee counts the pinfall, and The Wrecking Crew emerges victorious.

Winners and new number one contenders - The Wrecking Crew

Jim Lou Freebush: And with that we have new number one contenders before we have actual champions. Oh well, I guess The Wrecking Crew will know soon enough who they're challenging. Let’s keep the action rolling along. Up next we have a bit of a grudge match. The leader of Generation NEXT and his stablemates have been making Cip Conduit's life miserable here in OCW. Well, it’s finally time for Conduit to get some payback. Let’s head to the ring…

image.jpeg.3a16f52525f28b4cbdde1fc5c70e3af3.jpegimage.jpeg.14c61adfe630087d6928a389d90cf017.jpegimage.jpeg.b9bc6d63c74de2a323a9da89c63e12af.jpeg

Singles Match

Chip Martin W/”Primetime Jack Pryde” VS “Wildfire” Cip Conduit

Right from the opening bell, Conduit takes control of the match, unleashing a relentless assault on Martin. Conduit, fueled by weeks of frustration, dominates Martin with a barrage of strikes, suplexes, and power moves. The crowd roars in approval as Conduit finally gives the bad guys their comeuppance.

Not content with keeping the action confined to the ring, Conduit takes the fight outside, targeting Pryde and dishing out punishment to him as well. The fans cheer Conduit on as he continues to dismantle his adversaries.

However, the tide of the match takes a turn when Pryde, desperate to turn the tables, seizes an opportunity to distract Conduit. As Conduit's attention is momentarily diverted, Martin seizes the opening and delivers a devastating Superkick right to Conduit's face. The impact is swift and brutal, leaving Conduit stunned.

Martin seizes the moment and quickly goes for the pin. The referee counts to three, and despite Conduit's valiant efforts, Martin emerges victorious with a strategic assist from the crafty Pryde.

Chip Martin defeats Cip Conduit via pinfall

image.jpeg.3a16f52525f28b4cbdde1fc5c70e3af3.jpegimage.jpeg.14c61adfe630087d6928a389d90cf017.jpegimage.jpeg.b9bc6d63c74de2a323a9da89c63e12af.jpeg

After the match Martin and Pryde beatdown Conduit to add insult to injury. Martin and Pryde mock the fans as they walk to the back.

Jim Lou Freebush: That scallywag Chip Martin! Always taking short cuts.

Peter Valentine: I guess he’s laughing all the way to the pay window Jim! Keep hating though.

Jim Lou Freebish: I guess we will agree to disagree Peter. Now let’s get back to the ring for a good old fashioned tag team tornado street fight.

image.jpeg.ae6903d2e516e13b8bbc43165caf9988.jpegimage.jpeg.2f311863d8e6e3d028b9c5eb5bf489c7.jpeg

image.jpeg.a8856611df7cbd093c5983980486a738.jpegimage.jpeg.e4bee2571ce0ab70b076092093f86836.jpeg

Tag Team Tornado Streetfight

“Southern Psychopath” Animal Harker & “Blue Collar Outlaw” Pepper Pelton VS The Night Terrors

The action spills out of the ring immediately as all four competitors abandon any semblance of traditional wrestling etiquette. Pepper Pelton and Animal Harker quickly find themselves at the mercy of The Night Terrors, and the chaos ensues.

As the match progresses, the brutality escalates to new heights. Both Pelton and Harker end up battered and bloodied, their faces wearing a crimson mask, a symbol of the relentless onslaught. The Coliseum becomes a battleground strewn with weapons—steel chairs, kendo sticks, and tables are brought into the fray, creating an environment of pure chaos.

The Night Terrors showcase their sadistic tendencies as Babau fearlessly launches himself off the upper deck of the coliseum, crashing down onto Pepper Pelton through a table. The impact resonates throughout the arena, leaving the audience in stunned disbelief at the audacity of the maneuver.

The fight spills into the darkest corners of the Coliseum, with the combatants using every inch of the environment to their advantage. The crowd is on the edge of their seats as the carnage unfolds.

In a heart-stopping climax, Animal Harker seizes control, nearly decapitating Moroi with his devastating finisher, the "Southern Psycho Sickle" – a stiff lariat that echoes with bone-crushing force. The Coliseum erupts as Harker covers Moroi for the pin, bringing an end to this intense tag team tornado rules street fight.

Harker and Pelton defeat The Night Terrors via pinfall

image.jpeg.ae6903d2e516e13b8bbc43165caf9988.jpegimage.jpeg.2f311863d8e6e3d028b9c5eb5bf489c7.jpeg

Harker: "Deacon Darkhold, you and your so-called 'Dark Covenant' have been a thorn in everyone’s side for too damn long! 

[Harker snarls, blood still staining his rugged features from the earlier brawl] 

Harker: "I get it, you think your darkness can extinguish my light, blah, blah, blah - Well, let me tell you something, Deacon - I've got a brand of darkness that'll make yours look like child's play. Consider this a warning, because The Southern Psychopath is coming for your ass, and when our worlds collide, your covenant will crumble. Prepare for a reckoning bitch!

[With a sinister grin, Harker drops the microphone, leaving the arena buzzing with anticipation.]

Harker and Pelton celebrate with the fans as they make their way to the back…

Jim Lou Freebush: Harker and Pelton with a statement win against The Dark Covenant, and a little payback after being harassed for weeks.

Peter Valentine: Blah, blah, blah, payback; blah, blah, blah, statement. Zzzzzzzzzz, how about coming up with something to say a little more original Jim. This is wrestling, it’s all about winning and getting to the pay window! This is business, these guys want to make things personal and that’s going to be their downfall.

Jim Lou Freebush: Well I guess time will tell Peter. Oh, is that saying too unoriginal for you? What was your signature catch phrase when you were wrestling?...

Go on, I’ll wait…

Crickets, that’s what I thought.

Peter Valentine: Oh so you’re a comedian now. That’s a great way to talk yourself into an ass whooping!

Jim Lou Freebush: I’m literally shaking in my boots, Peter. Anyway, let’s get back to the actual wrestling. Folks, we have something special coming up next. A special match onsite at a local morgue. Let’s all get ready for “Mayhem At The Morgue”!

image.jpeg.cda6bc639f5adf7d4184d8fc8d86e1ac.jpegimage.jpeg.0c38e648c188f87b6c4876b965c94d63.jpeg

“Mayhem At The Morgue” Match

Deacon Darkhold VS The Texas Hangman

image.jpeg.1afc6e19eb00467a3ba17ac4d8a316c0.jpeg

[The camera fades in to a eerie, old morgue]

The morgue exudes an eerie and dilapidated atmosphere, casting a haunting pallor over the decaying building. Its exterior is now overtaken by encroaching vines and foliage, as if nature itself seeks to reclaim the forsaken structure. The walls, covered in a thick layer of mold and mildew, exhibit the scars of neglect, their once clean surfaces now stained and corroded with rust.

As the camera takes us further inside, a heavy air of desolation hangs in the dimly lit corridors. The flickering overhead lights cast long shadows that dance along the worn linoleum floor. The scent of decay permeates the air, a nauseating blend of dampness and abandonment. The morgue's interior is a maze of abandoned medical equipment and rusted gurneys.

image.png.843e05f45e9bb3bf63a8f9f0ed4ebeb4.png

In the backroom, clearly a space for storing the dead, a profound stillness envelops in the darkness. Centered within sits a black coffin. Its exterior is worn and weathered, bearing the scars of time, while the air around it seems to hum with an otherworldly energy. The silence is only broken by the occasional creaking of the building.

The match kicks off with The Texas Hangman mysteriously confined within a coffin, kicking and punching repeatedly, trying with all his might to get out. After several attempts, Hangman manages to punch through the wooden sarcophagus, escaping the claustrophobic confines. The Texas Hangman carefully navigates through the dimly lit morgue, engaging in a visceral struggle with the demonic Deacon Darkhold. Room by room, the two adversaries unleash chaos, with the atmosphere punctuated by the presence of four enigmatic figures dressed in black masks, launching surprise attacks on The Texas Hangman.

Undeterred, The Texas Hangman continues to display dominance over Darkhold, overpowering him at every turn. However, the mysterious quartet intervenes, tipping the scales in Darkhold's favor. The confrontation escalates with total destruction, as furniture shatters and walls crack under the intensity of their clash.

In a climactic moment, The Texas Hangman powerbombs Darkhold through the floor, symbolizing a victorious exit from the morgue. As Hangman emerges into the night, the haunting echoes of Darkhold's maniacal laughter linger, accompanied by a chilling proclamation that the battle is far from over.

image.png.1651c7366d1b374a4600eeb26c31260e.png

image.jpeg.865e0a3a6c6db5891db4bb91ad2cb1e9.jpegimage.jpeg.83ff460c1c79eb8742b0279d834bc1c7.jpeg

The Texas Hangman is met outside by Travis Century, who pulls up in a menacing hearse with a lift kit and oversized tires. As they speed away, the ominous laughter of Darkhold echoes in the distance, signaling that the enigmatic feud between these two larger-than-life characters is bound to continue.

The Texas Hangman defeats Deacon Darkhold via escaping the Morgue

Jim Lou Freebush: Man, that was certainly something. I can’t quite describe how I feel right now, creeped out, frightened?!?

Peter Valentine: How about entertained Jim, because I was entertained. Plus I’m not saying anything remotely negative about The Dark Covenant. I don’t want them putting a curse on me!

Jim Lou Freebush: I agree, let’s keep this broadcast curse free please…

Wait one second Peter, I’m getting told there is an altercation happening backstage, let’s head back there and find out what’s going on…

image.jpeg.f9de4d7a7ddf1d60be0a83c240ff2ce7.jpegimage.jpeg.0fdd2eae9b89724dc0d4124b28e5d608.jpeg

[The camera takes us to the backstage area in the middle of a heated exchange between Shane Sneer and Animal Harker]

Harker, still sporting the wounds from his brutal match against The Night Terrors, stands defiantly as Sneer approaches, yelling angrily. 

Sneer, irate over the excessive bloodshed and violence in Harker's match, barks orders to security, demanding Harker's removal from the building. 

"You've gone too far, Harker! We won't tolerate this level of mayhem," [Sneer sneers, his voice dripping with frustration]

Harker, unyielding and fueled by adrenaline, vehemently refuses to comply. 

"You can't control me, Sneer! I give the people what they want, not what a$$hole suits like you demand!" [Harker retorts, a rebellious fire in his eyes]

As tensions escalate, security steps in, attempting to drag Harker away. Undeterred, Harker continues to hurl expletives at Sneer, expressing his disdain for authority and corporate interference. Sneer, maintaining his composure, promises Harker a surprise as security forcefully removes the defiant wrestler.

Sneer, now gleaming with joy at what he’s just accomplished, walks away smiling...

Jim Lou Freebush: That damn Sneer again! He’s trying to control everything! At this rate we might as well have the guys go out there and have a pillow fight.

Peter Valentine: Be careful Jim, there’s another internet site that streams that kind of content. All you kids at home; don’t search for that kind of stuff online, got it.

Jim Lou Freebush: Wonderful advice as always Peter. Now let’s head to the ring. It’s time to crown our very first GWC World Tag Team Champions!

image.png.3d9ef64262478074aefb389fe06f2fc1.png

image.jpeg.062e0d129f98d1f4122cb7a2a5438e3f.jpegimage.jpeg.6f617ea6990cc4443d7521b2ccc267c9.jpeg

The War Chiefs

Entrance Music: Indian Outlaw

The War Chiefs energetically sprint down the aisle and slide into the ring…

image.png.88e1c2a546d88fa7570bd427ba66b29d.png

image.jpeg.b303bef13b8fdca99057c9f7f40994ef.jpegimage.jpeg.c3266debac9b7c0b5f1579b6760aa8bc.jpeg

The Wild Bunch

Entrance Music: Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory (Official Music Video)

The Wild Bunch make their way down the aisle to the ring. Walking with purpose, staring intensely at their opponents the whole time…

image.jpeg.8de5d4d2207564ba9692a0ce99c54a74.jpeg

image.jpeg.062e0d129f98d1f4122cb7a2a5438e3f.jpegimage.jpeg.6f617ea6990cc4443d7521b2ccc267c9.jpeg

image.jpeg.b303bef13b8fdca99057c9f7f40994ef.jpegimage.jpeg.c3266debac9b7c0b5f1579b6760aa8bc.jpeg

GWC World Tag Team Championship Finals

The War Chiefs VS The Wild Bunch

Wes Revell and Eagle Monteiro kick off the match, engaging in a series of technical exchanges. Revell showcases his grappling prowess, attempting to ground the high-flying Monteiro. However, Monteiro counters with lightning-fast strikes and a stunning armdrag, gaining the early advantage.

Buck Winchester and Wild Red Stallion enter the fray, and things only intensify. Stallion's strength is on full display as he overpowers Winchester with a thunderous spinebuster. Yet, the resilient cowboy fights back, delivering a jaw-rattling lariat that shifts the momentum.

The match continues with both teams showcasing their double-team tactics. The War Chiefs demonstrate incredible synergy with a combination of aerial assaults and power moves, while The Wild Bunch counters with a well-executed tandem suplex that leaves Stallion reeling.

As the crowd roars in anticipation, the tide of the match shifts unpredictably. Revell and Winchester manage to isolate Eagle Monteiro, wearing him down with a relentless assault. The War Chiefs, however, rally back with Stallion's explosive offense, turning the tables once again.

In a climactic moment, The Wild Bunch seizes control. With impeccable timing, they execute their devastating finisher, "The Last Stand" (Doomsday Device). Revell hoists Monteiro onto his shoulders, and as he descends, Winchester delivers a crushing clothesline, leaving Monteiro sprawled on the canvas.

The referee counts the pinfall, and The Wild Bunch emerges victorious. The Wild Bunch win the GWC World Tag Team Championship!

The Wild Bunch win the GWC World Tag Team Championships

image.jpeg.c3266debac9b7c0b5f1579b6760aa8bc.jpegimage.jpeg.b303bef13b8fdca99057c9f7f40994ef.jpeg

image.jpeg.8de5d4d2207564ba9692a0ce99c54a74.jpeg

After the match Eagle Monteiro, Wild Red Stallion, Wes Revell and Buck Winchester all shake hands and embrace as a show of respect for a hard fought match. The War Chiefs exit the ring as The Wild Bunch celebrate, holding their championships high when…

image.jpeg.5197cba79c194aec0f143ef27d979dae.jpegimage.jpeg.40767d773038f33d3a26fb09e6c9d1c9.jpeg

Joffy Laine and Brad Peverell storm the ring, attacking The Wild Bunch from behind. The onslaught is relentless as Peverell and Laine unleash a barrage of ruthless strikes, demonstrating their mean and tough country-boy demeanor. Winchester and Revell, caught off guard, are left battered and prone in the center of the ring.

image.jpeg.d8ded9b20c1765e0a484fa7a697923e9.jpeg

Herb Stately, revealed to be the calculating mastermind behind this attack, steps forward with a sinister grin. Holding a microphone, he addresses the fallen Revell and Winchester and the stunned audience. 

"You thought you knew the law of this land, but we are here to rewrite it!" Stately declares, his voice dripping with venom.

You see you two proclaim yourselves to be outlaws but you ain’t no outlaws, no sir. I would know; hell, I’m a damn expert on outlaws. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Herb Stately and I used to manage the meanest, nastiest, toughest tag team in the world; The Tennessee Outlaws.

Well guess what, I’m back! I got me a new set of outlaws; who are just as mean, just as nasty and just as tough. Ladies and gentleman, meet The Texas Outlaws!”

Stately goes on to explain that when it comes to violence, history will repeat itself, but this time with even more devastation.

As The Texas Outlaws stand tall over The Wild Bunch's fallen bodies, Stately issues a chilling proclamation, vowing to annihilate anyone who dares to cross their path. 

The unexpected and brutal assault sets the stage for a new era of chaos in the tag team division, with The Texas Outlaws emerging as the ruthless enforcers hell-bent on leaving destruction in their wake.

Jim Lou Freebush: Man, there’s a blast from the past, Herb Stately. I guess he’s back with a new team of bad guys. 

Peter Valentine: Stately is a good friend of mine Jim, you better put some respect on his name when you say it! And you are correct. First with the Tennessee Outlaws and now with the Texas Outlaws; if there is one thing Stately’s good at it’s managing badasses!

Jim Lou Freebush: With that being said Peter, looks like The Wild Bunch will have a bone to pick with these “Outlaws” next week, and I tell you what, I am looking forward to that! 

Now it’s time for our main event of the evening everyone. It’s time to crown our first ever World Heavyweight Champion. Is it gonna be the fan’s very own Conner Threepwood, or the phenomenal, Phillippe LaGrenier? The time to find out is now…

image.png.298df89d757862c3ea5c8e0baf1937fb.png

image.jpeg.220646ed8bf08476546e981febd337fd.jpegimage.jpeg.da7be089fb6c6fb57055689c2e01fe64.jpeg

Phillippe “The Phenom” LaGrenier W/Clare South

Entrance Music: Kanye West - Amazing

Phillippe LaGrenier slowly makes his way to the ring accompanied by Clare South…

image.png.b0fb47491abdb82198554658cab83d88.png

image.jpeg.df62dcb397dd58689d445216e29c7aa4.jpegimage.jpeg.ba1bb7ef5e0876db9b1c78bac53f16c0.jpeg

“The Iron Man” Conner Threepwood W/Sweet Tabitha

Entrance Music:  Metallica - The Memory Remains

Conner Threepwood makes his way to the ring, accompanied by his valet, Sweet Tabitha. The crowd roars with excitement as he heads down the aisle. The crowd then in unison begins singing his entrance theme along with the music…

image.jpeg.eb3918597d3f89ac0f74863411434f7e.jpeg

image.jpeg.220646ed8bf08476546e981febd337fd.jpegimage.jpeg.da7be089fb6c6fb57055689c2e01fe64.jpeg

image.jpeg.df62dcb397dd58689d445216e29c7aa4.jpegimage.jpeg.ba1bb7ef5e0876db9b1c78bac53f16c0.jpeg

GWC World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Finals

Philippe LaGrenier W/Clare South VS Conner Threepwood W/Sweet Tabitha

The match begins with a fierce exchange of holds and strikes, showcasing the technical prowess of both competitors. Threepwood gains an early advantage with a series of well-executed arm drags, much to the delight of the crowd. However, LaGrenier retaliates with a sharp eye rake, introducing the first of his cheap shots.

The back-and-forth nature of the match intensifies, with Threepwood countering LaGrenier's underhanded tactics with a powerslam. LaGrenier, however, resorts to a low blow behind the referee's back, momentarily turning the tide in his favor. The crowd boos the cunning heel as he takes control with a ruthless assault on Threepwood.

As the match reaches its climax, Clare South seizes an opportunity to interfere, handing LaGrenier a pair of brass knuckles. Sweet Tabitha, not to be outdone, intervenes by tackling Clare South, sparking a ringside catfight that captivates the audience.

With the referee distracted by the chaos outside the ring, LaGrenier attempts to exploit the situation, aiming to use the brass knuckles on Threepwood. However, the official turns around at the last second, snatching the brass knuckles away just in time.

While LaGrenier argues with the referee, Threepwood seizes the moment. He spins LaGrenier around, delivering a lightning-fast superkick that staggers the arrogant heel. With precision, Threepwood executes his finisher, "My Iron Lungblower" (Lungblower Powerbomb), and secures the three-count for the victory.

Threepwood defeats LaGrenier via pinfall

Conner Threepwood becomes the first GWC World Heavyweight Champion!

image.jpeg.eb3918597d3f89ac0f74863411434f7e.jpeg

The crowd erupts in cheers as Conner Threepwood and Sweet Tabitha celebrate their hard-fought triumph, leaving LaGrenier and Clare South seething with frustration in the ring.

The show closes with Threepwood and Sweet Tabitha celebrating in the ring…

[Fade to black]

Edited by willr0ck
  • Like 7

Nice variety on the card with the multi-man matches and gimmicks like the ladder, Disc of Death and Mayhem at the Morgue on the undercard then two straight-up matches for the top two titles to close. I liked what you did with the morgue in having The Texas Hangman get a win without spoiling Deacon Darkhold's aura, while The Texas Outlaws' debut was great. I feel like really emphasising new tag contenders being crowned earlier in the show enhanced the shock value of another team emerging. Plenty more great commentary lines too: Martyr's parents, curse-free broadcast, the pillow fight streaming.

15 hours ago, knkmaster69 said:

Great PPV! Really love what you've created here and can't wait to see where it goes! That Morgue match sounds dope as hell i'd love to see it irl

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it so far. If you like the Darkhold/Hangman stuff buckle up, it's gonna get a lot crazier.

15 hours ago, Wrestling Machine said:

I think there's a typo here 😉

Chip Martin defeats Pepper Pelton via pinfall

Good show! Veru curious by the tag team division with the addition of The Texas Outlaws, there are some good talents among the duos.

Thanks, I caught that eventually. That's what happens when you try to do a write up after driving 5 1/2 hours on 4 hours of sleep Glad you like the show! I figured The Texas Outlaws would be a hit. Though I do admit it was hard to find decent replacements for the OG Outlaws. Too bad they are both old and broken at this point. I've always enjoyed having  strong tag division and really want to make sure these guys get to tell some good stories as well. Hopefully I can do that as we move forward. 

I saw that you started a southern' wrassling dynasty as well while I was away. I look forward to checking that out as soon as I get a chance.

7 hours ago, azzak said:

I feel personally attacked by Jim Lou Freebush calling me a mark, but it was worth it to see Threepwood win the big one! 

I asked Jim about that, he said "Tell those snowflake marks to get over it."

4 hours ago, 619 said:

Nice variety on the card with the multi-man matches and gimmicks like the ladder, Disc of Death and Mayhem at the Morgue on the undercard then two straight-up matches for the top two titles to close. I liked what you did with the morgue in having The Texas Hangman get a win without spoiling Deacon Darkhold's aura, while The Texas Outlaws' debut was great. I feel like really emphasising new tag contenders being crowned earlier in the show enhanced the shock value of another team emerging. Plenty more great commentary lines too: Martyr's parents, curse-free broadcast, the pillow fight streaming.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, I thought the length might turn some people off being that I ended up writing 17 pages worth of material on googledocs. I'm gald it didn't. I'm looking forward to expanding the Darkhold/Hangman stuff and interweaving other characters like Harker and Pelton as well. I hope you guys enjoy what I have planned.

Actually with all that being said, I look forward to catching up on all yall's diaries as soon as I get some free time. Looks like I've missed a decent amount of stuff while I was out of town.

Oh and also, @KyTeran and @azzak's narrative suggestions will be posted over the next two shows. @KyTeran's narrative will be posted next and then @azzak's narrative will be posted before the Feb, Wk 2 show. They both had some really fun ideas and I think they will turn out hilarious so be sure to check those out when they are posted.

• Like 3

I have to give credit to @KyTeran here for coming up with such a great idea:

image.png.3659cc168c4900236d4bac1c717cf326.png

image.png.28b8695ad8b0891e1cdebf0b63f68dd9.png

Texarkana, TX

image.png.e56812f73e9f96e66d15b5cb621f91d3.png

image.png.ec2994187160c978c37aba3e12364cc6.png

Peter: Hello again everyone, it’s been a minute. It’s your favorite narrator, the infamous Peter Valentine, and boy do I have an adventure to tell you about.

You see, your boy here ended up taking another trip, this time; well actually, it’s better if you just take a seat, grab some popcorn and prepare to be sports entertained. I don’t want to spoil anything…

Rinnnnggggg, Rinnnnggggggg…

image.png.a06477f0235720030a7bc3ed293a7299.png

Peter: What’s up Shane? Everything going okay?

Shane Sneer: Yeah Peter, everything is fine. Why would I call you to talk about my personal life anyway? The only reason I work for you is because I have control of everything. I still think you're an a$$hole!

Peter: Okay, thanks I guess. So what do you need Shane?

Shane: Well, we need to expand our roster a bit. We need some international flare. The luchadores are great but I was thinking about bringing some talent over from Japan.

And that’s why I’m calling, I need you to take a trip over to Tokyo and scout some talent. How’s that sound?

Peter: Konichiwa bitches! When do I leave? Your boy Peter Valentine loves Japan. People keep mistaking me for Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds.

Shane: I find that hard to believe Peter. Anyway, I’m emailing you your ticket info now. You leave on Tuesday. Make sure to take lots of notes on the talent you find there. Ultimately I’ll determine who we bring in. 

Peter: Ummmm, okay, got it. Find wrestlers, take notes, blah, blah, blah.

Shane: Sure thing Peter. Don’t make me regret this decision and whatever you do, make sure you don’t miss your flight!

Peter: No problem, Shane-o! I got you. This will be a breeze…

The next Tuesday:

(As narrated by Peter Valentine)

image.png.fe07adc0063a6de6f867d74ee7a39c49.png

image.png.0d549af91f66ad4c7b050b6767818eb7.png

The adventure started with me landing in this bustling city, surrounded by vibrant markets, delicious street food, and a distinct lack of anything remotely resembling a wrestling ring.

image.png.df6fc4be26a7d8131f051600949b9152.png

Now, any sane person might have questioned their whereabouts, but not good ol' Peter Valentine. No, I was convinced this was the exotic wrestling utopia I'd been searching for.

My first stop was a local gym, where the air buzzed with the sounds of kicks and punches. To me, it was the sweet symphony of professional wrestling in the making. I strutted in, bedazzled, sunglasses gleaming, and declared, "I've come to scout the next big thing for OCW!" The looks I received were a mix of confusion and polite disbelief. Man, the gyms in Tokyo sure were different from the ones in the states.

image.png.c8ab433946eeb78b38156b2624d7e324.png

Undeterred by the lack of wrestling attire, I confidently approached a group, commenting on their shin pads, perhaps a  brand new wrestling fashion trend. I offered them OCW contracts faster than you can say "cross-cultural misunderstanding." Turns out, they were more interested in knee strikes than grappling holds, and my attempts at a lockup ended with me tasting the canvas from brutal elbow strikes and thunderous roundhouse kicks. I guess these guys weren’t interested in working for OCW. A simple no would have worked.

As I continued my quest, I encountered street performers, contortionists, and even a temple monk, all of whom I believed were the undiscovered gems of the wrestling world. I was like a kid in a candy store, except the candy store was an elaborate showcase of Asian culture. There I was, the wrestling genius I always thought I was, and these people looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. I even referred to wrestling as pure-rescue or whatever Japanese people called it.

The pinnacle of my pilgrimage came during a vibrant street parade. I joined the procession, convinced it was the grand entrance I'd been waiting for. I danced alongside traditional performers, and I danced alongside the people so as to not look out of place. To the locals, I was just that eccentric foreigner who wandered into their cultural celebration, clad in a glittery mess of wrestling delusions. I offered contracts to some of the tumblers in the parade, but again, they looked at me puzzled and dumbfounded. I mean, this is ridiculous. We are broadcast on Wrestleworld damnit! Everyone watches Wrestleworld. I’m disappointed to say that this has been a fruitless endeavor. 

image.png.0d549af91f66ad4c7b050b6767818eb7.png

As I finally boarded my flight back, I waved goodbye to Tokyo, a city near and dear to my heart. I looked back at my adventure with a certain pride. Sure, I may not have found the next wrestling superstar, but I did manage to leave an everlasting impression on an international stage. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Peter Valentine—the wrestling visionary, and adopted son of Japan!

Back in Texarkana, TX

image.png.e56812f73e9f96e66d15b5cb621f91d3.png

Peter: So, there you have it. While the trip didn’t produce the next wrestling superstar, I did break down cultural barriers and bring joy to a city that now claims me as one of their own. Oh look, a voicemail:

image.png.fe82f91d96bda7f8d85c6c2981539ea7.png

(Voicemail from Shane Sneer)

Shane: Peter! You f%cking idiot! You got on the wrong flight. You're in Bangkok, not Tokyo. You hear me? You're not even in the right f%cking country! You are absolutely f%cking useless!

(Quickly deletes Voicemail)

Peter: Wellllllllllllllll, that is embarrassing…

image.png.1c067c85e21ef1bcd6719c1d0d2554a4.png

Edited by willr0ck
  • Haha 7

End of Month Progress Report

So I had somone in here ask me to post show ratings, match ratings etc. Yeah, I never remember to do that and I'm so far ahead in game that I just don't have the will or want to go back, but I did promise a progress report at the end of the month.

To begin the game we had 25 pop in the Midsouth and were tiny sized

End of month one we are still tiny sized but now have pop in all regions in the US and Canada, okay so it's like 3 pop but it's something damnit!

I am projecting we should be small sized by end of February, beginning of March

As you know I broadcast shows and events on Wrestleworld -

Minimum show rating is 23 - my avg show rating is a 52 (so I'm well above where I need to be)

Avg attendance is 1,500

Minimum event rating is 39 - my rating for Wild, Wild, Winter! was 56

2k attendance 

Financially I lost $87k the first month but I did buy a building and upgraded production, so I'm not too worried about finances, I should have a better idea of if we can be profitable next month without the big purchases on thier

Hopefully that was helpful, if you guys want to know anything else additionally just let me know.

Questions:

Now I'm going to try to do what Azzak did and post some questions for you guys. I am curious for feedback, good and bad, and I don't really get too many comments so I'll be pleasantly surprised, and eternally greatful if you take the time to fill this out. Again, good and bad helps me improve this diary so if you just want to rip me a new one then this is your chance, but if you enjoy my writing I'd like to know why and how you think I can improve. - a giant thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to fill this out!

1. What has been your favourite part of this diary to date?

2. What has been your least favourite part of this diary to date?

3. What do you think is the biggest strength in the OCW roster?

4. What do you think is lacking in the OCW roster?

5. Who is your favourite character in this diary so far?

6. Which character(s) are you currently least interested in?

7. What, if anything, has been included in this diary that you would like to see 'more of the same' of?

8. What, if anything, has been included in this diary that you'd rather not see happen again?

9. On a scale of 1-10 how interested are you in this diary right now?

10. What is one thing you would change about this diary?

• Like 1

Hey. I didn't answer everything as nothing comes to mind for least favourite characters, what to see less of and change, while I don't know the CVerse well enough to accurately comment on roster strength and weaknesses, except to say I don't sense anything lacking in your portrayal.

Favourite parts: fun backstory and premise, strong both visually and in terms of storytelling, Collision-style openers, commentary exchanges, mixture of styles (I'm not typically a horror fan but, as it's not something I can write or book well, it's interesting to see this style done well)

Least favourite part: nothing on your side: biggest challenge for me is still being a CVerse novice so lots of people to familiarise myself, but your distinct characterisation of many roster members is helping that process

Favourite characters: Peter Valentine inevitably as the dynasty's protagonist, while Animal Harker was the first roster member to catch my attention

More of the same: as you've shown, having such a flawed lead character lends itself to plenty of fun storytelling opportunities between shows

Well it's not like I could be a hypocrite and ask these questions without then answering them for you...

Imagining myself as part of the C-Verse fictional universe as a fan, it would have to be the Conner Threepwood title victory. He's been an underrated, under-utilised part of the wrestling world for a long time, and it's great to finally see him get his dues.

Now from a reality point of view, there's almost too many things to give a definitive answer. There's a lot of pieces to the puzzle of OCW, and I mean that in a good way. The card from top to bottom has things going on that are interesting. But I think overall, the style, tone and theme have been really authentic. I've never met Peter Valentine (mainly because he doesn't exist), nor have I been to Texarkana, but this has felt exactly like what I imagine a smaller promotion from that area would be like, ran by somebody like him. 

If I had to pick one thing, it's the botch of the tag team tournament. You were very early on in this diary and everyone makes mistakes, so please consider this nit-picking as I wanted to give an answer to every question!

The characterisation has been very good for the most part, that's helped make the roster feel pretty complete very early on. I'm going to go for what I consider the 'upper-mid card' of the roster, Deacon Darkhold, Texas Hangman, Animal Harker. They're great, larger than life characters who jump off the page/screen whenever I'm reading about them. Ditto the tag teams in the same sort of position on the card, namely The Wild Bunch and The War Chiefs. Seriously Cowboys and Indians was such a simple yet genius creative decision because they fit the style of this company so well. 

Pirates. OCW needs more pirates. 😉

No but seriously there's no area that's lacking per se, I think the small gaps that exist are going to be filled by the gradual introduction of workers we've not seen much of yet who are already on your roster, like The American Cobras, Tennessee William etc.

I mentioned them earlier, but any of Deacon Darkhold, Texas Hangman and Animal Harker. Probably edging slightly in Harker's favour, but these three are definitely the stand outs in the diary thus far.

If I had to choose the least interesting character(s), I'd have to go for the cruiserweight division. I can't point to one or two in particular, I just feel like this area is lacking in big characters compared to the rest of the roster. But I see that as more of a work the crowd with exciting 'flippy shit' than character-heavy division anyway, so I'm sure watching the matches would be very entertaining. 

7. What, if anything, has been included in this diary that you would like to see 'more of the same' of?

As mentioned above, the tone and style fit this company perfectly, and the characters have all been big and bold. I'm excited to see the introduction of more!

8. What, if anything, has been included in this diary that you'd rather not see happen again?

I'm mentioning it again, but only because I have nothing else to say - just be a bit more cautious in your planning regarding the tournament mishap. 

9.5 - It's entertaining, horrific, hilarious and dramatic all in each episode. The Peter Valentine skits are brilliant and add a nice bit of depth to your user character. Plus it's visually beautiful (I wish I had your graphics guy for my diary).

Fire Jim Lou Freebush. Dude can't be calling me out on commentary like that.

• Like 1

1. What has been your favourite part of this diary to date? Valentine-Sneer skits

2. What has been your least favourite part of this diary to date? The Dark Coventant

3. What do you think is the biggest strength in the OCW roster? Tag team division

4. What do you think is lacking in the OCW roster? A couple of main eventers

5. Who is your favourite character in this diary so far? Peter Valentine, but probably Zip if we are talking exclusively about wrestlers

6. Which character(s) are you currently least interested in? The Dark Coventant

8. What, if anything, has been included in this diary that you'd rather not see happen again? Mayhem At The Morgue match

9. On a scale of 1-10 how interested are you in this diary right now? A solid 8 I'll say

10. What is one thing you would change about this diary? Really long for my standards lol

Anything involving Peter Valentine. I grew up on the older diaries on here and on EWB and the focus for those was a lot more on the backstage side rather than the matches and storylines. The backstage stuff has been a breeze to read.

There's nothing that really sticks out - I guess the match write ups? I made the same feedback to azzak, but I think the actual match write ups are usually my least favorite part of a diary. I don't think they are bad by any means but they are a bit long for me.

Characters. You're 5 shows in and everyone in OCW feels like they've been there forever. You've done a great job of making every "main" character feel different and have something distinct about them that stands out.

Only thing that comes to mind is a top singles star who has at least some stereotypical Southern flavor - Animal Harker is the closest, but he has way more going on (in a good way) than just being a stereotype.

Maybe some more Mexican talent given how close you are to the border? I think other than your trio of luchadores, there's not much (unless I'm missing someone obvious). Especially with Peter's newfound respect for lucha.

Not counting Peter and the out-of-ring stuff, I'd say probably Martyr? I love that you took the typical bad ass "killer" gimmick and removed the quotations, and the announcers and staff play it straight as if he's actually a murderer. Animal Harker is a pretty compelling good guy as well with a lot of layers who grabbed me immediately as well.

Probably the Pryme Time crew? They seem like a lower card copy of the Catalan trio, to the point where I got them confused at first.

More Peter interacting with the talent backstage.

Nothing stands out to me.

A 7? The only things that pull that down are the longer matches and the larger roster, some of the guys are easy to pick up but others have been harder to get into. Anything backstage is a 10, the shows are harder for me to get through (but that's just me, I know there are people who enjoy longer write ups).

Funny enough, same thing I said to Azzak - for the longer write ups especially (promos too but primarily match write ups) if you bolded or highlighted in some way the key points of the match, it'd be a big benefit for me and others with hamster-level attention spans who struggle visualizing matches from write ups.

Edited by John Lions
  • Like 1

A huge thanks to all three of you for answering these questions! I will answer all of you back after I post the next show. It will be easier as I've already started writing it, and I would like to apply any suggested changes starting with the week two show since I haven't started on that one at all. I should have the prediction card up in the next day or two. I wanted to get that posted tonight but I have to take a red eye to Michigan to try to close out our last project their for the year. But before I headed out for a couple days I just wanted to make sure I said thank you, and I really, really appreciate you all taking the time to fill this out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1