Worker suggested hires

I think something that could be added in the creative tab, "Suggested Hires". A tab where 5 suggestions by your own roster (particularly those who have the talent spotter attribute) would give you suggestions to hire another worker, and the text would include who made the suggestion, so you know who is more trustful for hiring. I believe this would add to Hidden Gems, so users would have new choices that aren't exactly unknowns.

Edited by FellaLibby
  • Like 7

I like the idea, but would the "talent spotter" attribute necessarily be what leads to the most suggestions? I'm guessing in real life, people who get to talk to the boss about who the boss should hire are upper echelon guys, regardless of their ability to spot talent. Like, Hulk Hogan was good at helping his buddies get a paycheck but was the opposite of a "talent spotter" in game terms. He picked guys who he knew could never ascend to his level, like Brutus Beefcake or Horace.

Maybe 3 or 4 picks from main event guys with "politician" attributes, and 1 or 2 picks from road agents with the highest Respect?

5 hours ago, MisterSocko said:

I like the idea, but would the "talent spotter" attribute necessarily be what leads to the most suggestions? I'm guessing in real life, people who get to talk to the boss about who the boss should hire are upper echelon guys, regardless of their ability to spot talent. Like, Hulk Hogan was good at helping his buddies get a paycheck but was the opposite of a "talent spotter" in game terms. He picked guys who he knew could never ascend to his level, like Brutus Beefcake or Horace.

Maybe 3 or 4 picks from main event guys with "politician" attributes, and 1 or 2 picks from road agents with the highest Respect?

Thats generally what I'm going with. Not all suggestions are good ones, and yes it would be like Hulk suggesting his buddies get work. Like CVerse, Sam Strong would've suggested for Peter Valentine. And sure those attributes could possibly effect, but also family members, friends, things like that. 

Regardless of the quality of the suggestions, my idea is more about "who even gets to make suggestions like that to the boss".

Cody Rhodes can probably go talk to someone and be like "hey how about we hire Brandi?"

Booker T probably doesn't hesitate to request to give a chance to his most promising ROW trainees.

I don't think Xyon Quinn would feel like he can knock on Triple H's door and be like "I think we should hire Harley".

43 minutes ago, MisterSocko said:

Regardless of the quality of the suggestions, my idea is more about "who even gets to make suggestions like that to the boss".

Cody Rhodes can probably go talk to someone and be like "hey how about we hire Brandi?"

Booker T probably doesn't hesitate to request to give a chance to his most promising ROW trainees.

I don't think Xyon Quinn would feel like he can knock on Triple H's door and be like "I think we should hire Harley".

Maybe they need to have a certain level of Respect in order to approach the boss with these suggestions?

I love this idea. I'll take it a step further and suggest it could become a worker interaction similar to requests for payrises. 

For example, Hogan approaches you and requests you hire Beefcake. If you agree, it becomes a promise / immediately goes to contract negotiation. If you refuse, Hogan gets upset. If it's a major star, you may want to just make the hire to keep him happy. Or, if your booker stats are high (leadership, diplomacy, etc.) you can talk your way out of the situation.

The extent of the morale change would depend on booker reputation vs. worker reputation, worker's role in the company and worker's personality.

This would create a meaningful choice and an interesting dynamic - do you risk annoying your biggest star, or do you do what he asks and bring in someone who will affect the backstage atmosphere by forming cliques. And if you bury Beefcake, he'll cause even more problems...

On the flip side, if it's a worker wanting to bring in a trainee or a friend, they might offer the promise of putting them over in the near future.

I would say this direct worker request should probably be an optional feature, as it could be quite annoying for some players.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Willsky said:

I love this idea. I'll take it a step further and suggest it could become a worker interaction similar to requests for payrises. 

For example, Hogan approaches you and requests you hire Beefcake. If you agree, it becomes a promise / immediately goes to contract negotiation. If you refuse, Hogan gets upset. If it's a major star, you may want to just make the hire to keep him happy. Or, if your booker stats are high (leadership, diplomacy, etc.) you can talk your way out of the situation.

The extent of the morale change would depend on booker reputation vs. worker reputation, worker's role in the company and worker's personality.

This would create a meaningful choice and an interesting dynamic - do you risk annoying your biggest star, or do you do what he asks and bring in someone who will affect the backstage atmosphere by forming cliques. And if you bury Beefcake, he'll cause even more problems...

On the flip side, if it's a worker wanting to bring in a trainee or a friend, they might offer the promise of putting them over in the near future.

I would say this direct worker request should probably be an optional feature, as it could be quite annoying for some players.

I definitely like this expansion on the idea. I'm also thinking in the realms of how Jim Ross would have his own suggestions, which were like Dr Death Steve Williams. Or others that weren't so great as well. I'd like the idea to present both great suggestions, with some bad, like The Booty Man. Though I think it should be to all workers imo, not just the wrestlers. Yeah you'll be using the wrestlers opinion more, but I could imagine Jim Cornette asking you to hire some NWA or old WCW people to hire if available. In modern day, it would also make sense for Road Agents to make suggestions, since they'd be the ones watching tapes for the owner to make suggestions.

Agreed. It's been so much a part of wrestling history for company guys to recommend others.

Also, I think it's too easy to scout guys in other companies. If a guy is wrestling in Canada (and I'm in, say, the southeast USA) and he's not on TV, I should have to send one of my road agents to scout him (perhaps multiple times) to get a better read on his stats. And a lot of his attributes should be hidden unless there are personnel relationships within the company. How would I know if some random dude in Canada is a professional prodigy, right?

• Like 1