WCW 2001: 'Bout Time I Elevated To Claim My Own Throne!

16 minutes ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Enjoyed the show overall. 

Barry Windham is a guy who could still be a huge star in the company. Hope he continues to get featured.

Booker T absolutely is your "Ace" and it's worth checking if he'd make a good figurehead. The guy has always been money and he's in his prime right now. 

Enjoy that you've done a reset and the existing storylines and canon are largely wiped clean. WCW from that period was a rough watch at best and there needed to be a new canon.

If Johnny Ace is still wrestling, you could always pair him up with Shane Douglas (should you sign him). Ace was a star in Japan and could help a show should you run there -- or, you could maybe send Ace over in a talent trade to get access to NJPW or AJPW Talent.

Windham is too old now, he's best used I n the mid card helping new talent get over.

Johnny Ace is definitely retired from in ring competition, the exodus from all Japan to Noah caused that. But a partnership with either right now would be a good idea.

3 minutes ago, sonny912 said:

Windham is too old now, he's best used I n the mid card helping new talent get over.

Windham is four years younger than DDP and probably as good or better in the ring and on the microphone. For wrestlers, 40 even back then was still pretty young. 

I'm not how sure how healthy Windham was at this point but he had at least a few years left in his in-career. 

1 hour ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Windham is four years younger than DDP and probably as good or better in the ring and on the microphone. For wrestlers, 40 even back then was still pretty young. 

I'm not how sure how healthy Windham was at this point but he had at least a few years left in his in-career. 

Windham is younger than ddp? Didn't know that. Weren't Hogan and Savage in their 40's when they joined wcw?

19 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Enjoyed the show overall. 

Barry Windham is a guy who could still be a huge star in the company. Hope he continues to get featured.

Booker T absolutely is your "Ace" and it's worth checking if he'd make a good figurehead. The guy has always been money and he's in his prime right now. 

Enjoy that you've done a reset and the existing storylines and canon are largely wiped clean. WCW from that period was a rough watch at best and there needed to be a new canon.

If Johnny Ace is still wrestling, you could always pair him up with Shane Douglas (should you sign him). Ace was a star in Japan and could help a show should you run there -- or, you could maybe send Ace over in a talent trade to get access to NJPW or AJPW Talent.

Yeah I’ve put Booker at as the figurehead for now. DDP was up there but he’s not getting any younger, think injuries meant he first quit around summer of 2002 before he wound up back in TNA for a bit. Will see how he goes but in ring and promo wise still seems in fine form for now. 

Johnny Ace is straight up retired yeah whereas Finlay and Taylor were just backroom staff who technically weren’t retired. 

22 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Windham is younger than ddp? Didn't know that. Weren't Hogan and Savage in their 40's when they joined wcw?

He was born in 1960, DDP was born in 1956.

Guys started really young in the territory days. Terry Gordy was a main eventer when he was like 18 in Texas, for example.

Modern fans forget how great Barry Windham was. The guy had all the tools to be a Hogan or Flair level star, but didn't quite have the single-minded focus on wrestling to take his career to that level. Windham also had some bad luck too.

But he absolutely was -- and could still be -- a top guy.

1 hour ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

He was born in 1960, DDP was born in 1956.

Guys started really young in the territory days. Terry Gordy was a main eventer when he was like 18 in Texas, for example.

Modern fans forget how great Barry Windham was. The guy had all the tools to be a Hogan or Flair level star, but didn't quite have the single-minded focus on wrestling to take his career to that level. Windham also had some bad luck too.

But he absolutely was -- and could still be -- a top guy.

I think Barry peaked at 93 when he beat muta for the nwa world title, then promptly dropped it to flair after he returned from wwf. It might be better Barry was an upper midcarder at best. alot of people think the crux of the problems with wcw was with the main eventers, 40-50 year old guys who while big-names had access to exclusive contracts for millions or billions of dollars with the bonus of creative control too keep people they didn't want to work with down. That's why everyone from big show, Jericho and the radicals jumped ship. Right now wcw needs fresh blood too represent their product.

WWF bolster their Women's division with two new signings

f32d41548cc25d8fc5d15681d3ae207b.png

WWF have today announced the signing of former ECW women's wrestling Jazz, who joins the company on a long term deal. Former WCW wrestler Daffney has also signed on as announced earlier today by WWF.

It was rumoured that WCW, recently acquired by Shane McMahon, was also interested in bolstering their women's roster by signing Jazz and Daffney, so it is not clear if WWF have signed them out of genuine interest or just to keep them away from WCW. It is thought that whilst WCW's interest was serious, they were not interested enough in either to get in a substantial bidding war for either talent. 

Edited by PH71

image.png.af9f033992a5565a0fef95a26f0e3b28.png

Nitro Episode 2: 

Wednesday 9th May 2001

Live late-night on FX

4,208 crowd at the Odeum Expo Center

-----

Runaway - Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory) - YouTube

Show opens up with Linkin Park's 'Runaway'

Tony Schiavone on comms says it's Wednesday night folks and you know what that means...IT'S WCW NITRO LIVE FROM CHICAGO!

'For The Love of Money' by The O'Jays begins to play with Shane McMahon tron

For the Love of Money - YouTube

Shane McMahon comes down to the ring and welcomes the crowd back to Nitro! He promises the fans he's not going to make a habit of starting every show with a Shane McMahon promo, but he just had to come out and start the show with some hugely exciting news! 

Shane explains that producing and booking shows is new to him, but he's humble enough to recognise when he needs some help. Shane says he's serious about getting WCW back to the top and he's serious about proving his Dad wrong that he hasn't got what it takes to be the best wrestling promoter in the business. 

Shane says if he ever hopes to compete with, let alone beat his father, he needs some help and so that's why he's gone out and hired a General Manager to help him... and he's hired someone that he knows his father will hate to see him working with and fighting against once again... it's a man who he believes can help him to defeat his father one day in the not too distant future...

Tony Schiavone says on commentary that he's got a bad feeling about this...

Shane excitedly announces that...IT'S ERIC BISCHOFF!!!

51a962d4d4573409a0e9cdd21a77819b.png

Eric Bischoff's 2003 v2 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "I'm Back v2" Theme [HD] - YouTube

Eric Bischoff walks out a surprised pop from the fans. 

The announcers sell it as a big surprise with Tony audibly baffled and seemingly horrified that Bischoff is back 

Eric Bischoff smiles as he enters the ring and looks over at Shane McMahon. He pauses a little and lets the fans take in what they are seeing. Vince McMahon's son sharing a ring with Eric Bischoff.

Bischoff gives a warm handshake/hug to Shane in the middle of the ring as audible chants of "holy ****! holy ****!" can be heard from the Chicago crowd

Eric cuts a promo to the crowd saying it's so good to be back LIVE on Nitro and in a WCW ring. Mixed reaction from the fans to Bischoff once they've got over the shock of seeing him in the ring with Shane. 

Bischoff says he knows he's got some friends and some enemies in the locker-room and elsewhere in the company... but he states he's willing to let bygones be bygones in the interest of business. He's Shane's right hand man now and he'll do not just what Shane wants but what the fans want and what's best for business. 

WCW Chris Kanyon 2nd Theme - YouTube

Kanyon marches to the ring and starts ranting and raving about how Chavo Guerrero Jr stole his card and his opportunity at the U.S Title last week. 

Eric Bischoff looks annoyed and says to Kanyon that he wasn't here last week, so he doesn't know what Kanyon's talking about, but then he asks Kanyon if he thought the best way to voice these concerns were to interrupt his new boss and the owner of the company? Kanyon shrugs and looks annoyed at Shane and Eric. 

Shane says he understands why Kanyon is annoyed and he doesn't think it was fair what happened last week. But life's not fair Kanyon he says! Is it fair that my sister got so many opportunities that my Dad never gave to me? Is it fair that Booker T had to defend the U.S title against somebody completely random in the main event last week? Is it fair that if I want to take WCW to the next level I have to work side by side with this scumbag he says looking at Bischoff... he laughs awkwardly at Eric. Bischoff laughs too.

The bottom line Kanyon is life's not fair! 

Now maybe you have a point and you should get a shot at the U.S title...maybe even in the main event of tonight's Nitro! Kanyon perks up at this and a decent reaction from the crowd. 

But that's not going to happen tonight Shane says! 

As I was going to announce before you got out here and interrupted... we have a huge main event for tonight's Nitro. As I can officially confirm that tonight's main event will see Booker T defend his WCW United States Championship against the hottest free agent in all of professional wrestling!

Crowd pops!

But since you're so desperate for a match yourself Kanyon... you'll get a chance to prove yourself to me and Eric Bischoff later on in the show. 

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Eric Bischoff & Kanyon - (76 rated) 

------------------------

Booker T is backstage with Stevie Ray. 

Booker T says "tell me I didn't just see that?! Bischoff is back?!"

Stevie Ray says he doesn't understand it either. Why would you want to bring back somebody who almost killed the company? 

This can't be good for you as champion Stevie Ray warns him, but he tells Booker he has his back if he ever needs him and congratulates Booker on getting the big win last week. Booker thanks him and says he will fight for the U.S title week in week out if that's what Shane or Bischoff want for the TV ratings and ticket sales. 

Stevie Ray asks where Sharmell is and Booker says she's been at the Power Plant training today as she's looking to get in the ring a bit in the next few months, but she promised she'll be here for his big match later tonight.

Harlem Heat freestyle segment - (70 rated)

----------------------

Match 1:

Shane Helms (C) vs David Flair for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

WCW David Flair Theme (Not Full) - YouTube

WCW: "Sugar" Shane Helms [Theme Song] - "Vertebreaker" - YouTube

Another high-spots cruiserweight clash to start Nitro and this match doesn't seem to go down as well with the crowd as the AJ Styles match with Helms did last week. Flair looks lost in the ring and doesn't get too much offence in before Helms picks up the victory to retain the title

Shane Helms retains via pinfall - (5.50) - (38 rated) 

-----------------------------------

Johnny Ace is backstage in Shane's office with Shane and Eric Bischoff

Shane speaking to them and saying, you know I was thinking about what Palumbo & O'Haire were saying last week about Big Bang. And I think they're right, whatever team is tag team champions by Big Bang, we should have a team facing them that are worthy of such a big show. 

Johnny says well hell we can't have them face Harlem Heat, as it stands Booker might already be defending two titles on the show, you can't make him work triple time...

No you're right Shane says.

Could get Arn to call up Tully Blanchard and come out of retirement Johnny says not particularly seriously. 

The Four Horsemen?? Eric laughs. Have you lost your damn mind Johnny?? This is 2001 not 1981! 

I don't think even Arn had started wrestling in 1981 Johnny Ace begins to argue back but Eric isn't having it. 

Shane, we need to focus on the here and the now... look at the roster... we've got some great teams on there... I think Team Canada could be a great choice... they're in a match tonight, check them out... this Lance Storm kid I think could be the real deal and-

Johnny Ace's phone starts ringing. Shane and Eric look at him as if to say are you gonna answer that? 

Johnny says sorry it's my brother I better take this. "Hey Joe" he says on the phone. "I'm busy right now, yeah I'm talking with Shane and Eric... yes that Eric... yeah I know... what kind of favour? Woah woah slow down... okay... okay Joe.. I don't think that's the direction that Shane wants to go in right now but

What the hells he talking about me with his brother for? Shane asks Eric. 

That over the hill shmuch probably wants his brother to get him a job, Shane. Thinks because his brother is Head of Talent relations we'll just give him and his dumb buddy Hawk a gold plated contract. Well let me tell you Shane... here's what I think...

Wait wait Shane says. 

Hawk? 

As in Road Warrior Hawk? 

Yeah yeah, Bischoff says... did you not know that? Johnny's brother is Animal... but as I was saying we can't waste our time with over the hill

Hey Johnny! Wait wait keep him on the phone Shane shouts over at him! 

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Johnny Ace and Eric Bischoff - (69 rated) 

-------------------------------------

Match 2: 

Akira Hokuto vs April Hunter

TNA April Hunter and Lorelei 1st theme - YouTube

Akira Hokuto 2nd - 1000 Suns (WCW Official Theme) - YouTube

The announcers hype up this match as the first women's match in the Shane McMahon era. Akira Hokuto the former WCW Women's champion takes on the in ring debut of April Hunter, former NWO valet, who has been training with the legendary Killer Kowalski.

Akira Hokuto dominates the match and gets the win over the inexperienced Hunter. The fans are really not into this match at all and don't seem to give a damn about either women throughout the match despite the announcers trying to hype up the match

Akira Hokuto wins via pinfall - (5.25) - (6 rated) 

--------------------

Buff Bagwell and Johnny 'The Bull' having an interview with JJ Dillon

JJ asks Buff how he feels about the events of last week? 

Buff firstly starts to criticise Johnny 'The Bull' for being stupid enough to get ejected from his match. You want to ride with Buff Bagwell? You want to team with me Johnny? Johnny says course I do Buff. Buff says he needs to be better if he wants to keep riding with him, he ain't carrying nobody. 

Johnny is fired up by this and says he will make it right. Just tell me how. Anything you like. 

Buff says I'll tell you how and then looks to the camera. 

Windham! Rotunda! You think you can stick your nose in Buff Bagwell's business? You got another thing coming! I don't care which one of you is man enough, you're sure as hell both ugly enough, but next week, live on Nitro I'm putting out a challenge! Johnny 'The Bull' is going to teach one of you sad washed up old hacks a lesson! 

Johnny doesn't look super convinced but quickly changes tune and looks menacing at the camera

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon, Buff Bagwell and Johnny 'The Bull' (52 rated)

-------------------------------

DDP and Kanyon backstage. 

Kanyon is really frustrated. 

DDP tries to calm him down. DDP tells him he can't let this Chavo stuff get in his head. 

Kanyon says if he sees that bastard he'll put him in the hospital! 

DDP says Kanyon has to chill. So you didn't get the U.S title shot last week or tonight, this is just show 2 of the Shane era, you're undeniable in the ring and on the mic Chris, your time will come, believe me. 

Kanyon says he has trouble believing him but he's going to take his frustration out on his opponent tonight.

Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak with Stacy Keibler roll into the set. 

Shawn laughs at Kanyon. Last week Kanyon you got your card stolen from you... tonight... my buddy Mark Jindrak is going to steal much more than that from you... he's going to steal your pride, your self-respect and your- 

Kanyon tells him to shut his mouth and gets right in his face. Mark Jindrak gets involved and DDP chills them all out as Stacy laughs in the background. 

Save it for the ring, DDP tells them all but mostly Kanyon who looks absolutely fuming. Stasiak, Jindrak and Stacy walk off laughing

Freestyle segment with DDP, Kanyon, Shawn Stasiak & Mark Jindrak - (67 rated)

---------------------------------

Just before the next match starts the camera pans to the crowd where Tony Schiavone on commentary introduces a short small video clip on the screen where we see Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda. Barry Windham says if it's a match next week that Buff and "The Bull" want, then that's what he'll give them as Tony confirms it will be Windham vs Johnny 'The Bull next week live on Nitro.

The announcers are joined by Fit Finlay and Dave Taylor on commentary. They're a bit confused by this but Finlay explains they're out scouting for the best young talent in WCW.

----

Match 3: 

Tajiri vs Lash LeRoux

Tajiri's 2001 v1 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Imperial City" Theme [HD] - YouTube

WCW Lash LeRoux Theme (Runnin' Away) - YouTube

Arn asks Fit if they're out here scouting Lash or the debuting Tajiri. Fit says, why not both, they're both young talent aren't they? 

Tajiri and LeRoux get a fair bit of time with both putting on a decent display but Tajiri especially with his brutal kicks and fighting moves really impress with Fit and Dave Taylor both hyping him up throughout the match. Tajiri eventually gets the win with a buzzsaw kick

Tajiri wins via pinfall - (7.02) - 48 rated

As Tajiri eventually walks up the entrance way and towards the back Fit Finlay and Dave Taylor both stand up and applaud him off which he looks completely baffled by

Curt Hennig interview with JJ Dillon

JJ Dillon asking Curt Hennig about last week when Curt says he came back to win the big one. You've never won a world title in your career so far, what makes you think now is the time, JJ asks?

Curt says in the past he might have been motivated by having great matches, making the most money, getting the girls etc, but his son Joe turned 21 last year and I said son, you're a man now, what do you see yourself in 10 years? 

You know what he said? He said he sees himself as a wrestler, I asked him just like you're old man, huh? And he told me, no Dad, I don't think I'd take the Hennig name... you've never been a world champion so why would I want to aspire to be like you? 

JJ Dillon seems a bit uncomfortable and seems to want to try and make Curt Hennig feel better when Hugh Morrus comes in and starts laughing at Curt. 

Hugh says he doesn't blame Curt's son for not wanting to be like him. You might have been perfect once, but now... I'd say you were Mr Faulty! 

Curt takes exception to this and they start brawling and have to be separated as Barry Windham, Mike Rotunda, Kwee Wee, Mike Sanders and Christopher Daniels come into set to split them up.

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon, Curt Hennig, Hugh Morrus, Windham & Rotunda, Kwee Wee, Mike Sanders & Christopher Daniels (49 rated)

Video Package hyping The F.B.I coming to WCW soon (Little Guido & Tony Mamaluke) - (31 rated) 

Full Blooded ltalians (FBI) 2nd Titantron (with 2nd Theme) - YouTube

Match 4

Terry Funk vs Mike Awesome (with Lance Storm) 

Terry Funk - Theme - YouTube

As Terry Funk comes to the ring he shakes hands with someone in the crowd in the front row at ringside. Camera pans over and it's Tommy Dreamer. Former ECW champion... what's he doing here they wonder? 

Lance Storm With team The Canada - WCW Theme - YouTube

Mike Awesome comes out with Lance Storm. As Mike gets near the ring Tommy Dreamer starts shouting at him. Mike goes over to where he is and seems to gesture as if to say I don't care about you. Lance Storm can be heard berated him for being a typical unemployed American bum.

The match is a pretty good one. Mike Awesome seems to have the better of Funk for the most it as Terry works hard but Awesome with 20 years his junior just seems to have more energy and athleticism as the match goes on whilst Funk seems to tire a bit. 

Towards the end of the match Mike Awesome and Funk are on the outside after Awesome threw Funk into the side of the crowd barrier. Awesome is on the outside when Tommy Dreamer goads him into coming over to him. Mike Awesome comes over as if to say what are you going to do? Lance Storm is gesticulating to the ref telling him that he needs to eject Tommy Dreamer from the arena, just as the ref's back is turned Tommy Dreamer smacks Mike Awesome in the face and seems to almost knock him out. 

Funk sees his opportunity and throws Awesome into the ring. A dazed Awesome gets to his feet and Funk hits him with a Texas Piledriver for the win as a furious Lance Storm watches on from the outside

Terry Funk defeats Mike Awesome via pinfall - (7.01) - (60 rated) 

After the match Eric Bischoff and some extra security come out with Eric Bischoff on the mic loudly shouting for them to get that talentless ECW carnie "piece of s*** out of this arena!" about Dreamer as Dreamer is jumped on by various security and kicked out as the commentators wonder what that was all about

-----------------------

Booker T in the parking lot greets Sharmell who gets out of a cab and gives him a hug and a kiss. Booker asks her how her training at the PowerPlant went and she says she's struggling at the moment but she's worked hard for everything she's got in life and she'll keep working until she's the best women's wrestler in all of WCW. 

Booker says he believes her when suddenly we hear a car screeching and Booker pushes Sharmell out of the way of an oncoming vehicle which breaks but Booker goes flying onto the boot/windshield. He rolls off to the side and the car drives off without stopping to see if he's okay.

Sharmell is screaming for help and checking if Booker is okay.

Booker is annoyed and angry and clearly in some pain but he manages to get to his feet whilst holding his back in quite significant pain.

Freestyle segment with Booker T & Sharmell - (65 rated) 

---------------------

Cuts to the crowd and the commentators are selling this incident big time.

Tony saying surely Booker won't be medically cleared to compete in the main event tonight?! And who was that in the car?! Arn questions the security at the company as what with this and Mike Awesome getting sucker punched earlier tonight it's not looking good. 

-----

Match 5: 

Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (C) vs The Harris Brothers (Don & Ron Harris) for the WCW World Tag Team Championship

TNA: 2005 Harris Brothers Theme (Big Twins) - YouTube

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire 2001 - "Freestyle Hombre" WWE WCW Entrance Theme - YouTube

The Harris Brothers come racing out the blocks in their debut in the WCW Shane McMahon era trying to go toe to toe in physicality with the champions. They get a decent amount of offence in to start with but O'Haire & Palumbo soon gain control of the match and get the win fairly quickly 

O'Haire & Palumbo retain with Palumbo via pinfall - (5.37) - (51 rated)

--------------------------

Johnny Ace and Shane McMahon in the medical office with Booker T, Stevie Ray and Sharmell and a doctor

The doctor doesn't seem keen on Booker T competing in the main event.

Johnny Ace says look Booker you've got a big match coming up at Big Bang in a few weeks. We want you fit and healthy for that match, as head of talent relations it's my responsibility to make sure our talent is kept safe and I don't think you should compete tonight.  Stevie Ray and Sharmell agree with Johnny Ace.

Shane and Booker both hate this idea

Johnny says he understands Shane wants a big main event for the U.S title, but perhaps he could have Booker forfeit the title and have the new signing face somebody else in the main event

Booker says he's not forfeiting any title. He can still walk. Okay his neck and his back are banged up a bit but he says he's wrestled feeling much worse. 

Shane says he loves his fighting spirit, Johnny, Sharmell and Stevie Ray don't seem keen.

Mike Awesome barges in with Lance Storm. 

Mike Awesome tells Shane and Johnny to look at his eye. There's not a lot of visible damage but Awesome says he's got a fractured eye socket and a bad concussion from what that bastard from ECW did to him. Mike says it's not safe in this building! He doesn't know if Tommy Dreamer is acting alone but he reckons all of this stuff is connected. Whether it's some kind of ECW invasion, or Shane's Dad paying people off to hurt his top stars... he thinks this is all linked and it's a big conspiracy!!

Booker says he thinks Mike Awesome might be the least Awesome person in the building, but he thinks that he's got a point and questions the security to Shane and Johnny. 

Shane says security checked and Tommy Dreamer had a genuine ticket. It wasn't an angle or some stunt. He just came to the show and clearly hates Mike Awesome. Not much he can do about that other than ban Tommy Dreamer from future WCW shows.

What about the car?! Booker asks angrily

Shane says have you seen some of the drivers in Chicago? He says Booker and Sharmell shouldn't have been standing in front of the road in the parking lot and he's sure the incidents aren't connected. Lance Storm agrees and says it's not just drivers in Chicago but all Americans who can't drive. Mike Awesome agrees but everyone else looks at him in an annoyed expression.

Freestyle segment with Booker T, Stevie Ray, Sharmell, Shane McMahon, Johnny Ace, Mike Awesome, Lance Storm - (58 rated)

--------------------

Chavo Guerrero in the locker-room with Super Crazy and Psychosis.

Chavo is asking Super Crazy and Psychosis if they've seen Kanyon around looking for him. 

They say no but congratulate Chavo on the stunt he pulled on Kanyon last week. Psychosis accuses Chavo of stealing his card last week too. Chavo says you know how it is homes, I'm a Guerrero... I lie! I cheat! I steal! 

Super Crazy says he saw Kanyon earlier and he seemed really mad. He says to piss off a guy like that... you must be crazier than me...and I am SUPER CRAZY!!! 

Just as he says this there's a banging on the dooor.. Kanyon bursts into the locker room but Chavo has made a run for it before he sees him. 

Kanyon, who has DDP quickly following in his tracks, demands to know if they've seen Chavo around.

They pretend not to be able to speak English. No hablo Ingles amigo! 

Kanyon says he knows they can speak English and asks them what are they crazy or something thinking they can trick him? 

Psychosis says I am not crazy... he is!!! 

Super Crazy says I am Super... I am Crazy... I AM SUPER CRAZY!!! 

DDP says I thought you boys said you couldn't speak English

Kanyon punches Super Crazy and knocks him slightly off his feet.

DDP immediately intervenes and holds Kanyon back to prevent a fight breaking out.

Is he Super Crazy or are you Chris?! You've got to get this Chavo thing out of your head. You've got a match in a few minutes and you're messing around trying to assault these guys? What do you want a fine? Suspension? Let's get out of here!

Super Crazy and Psychosis seem very angry at Kanyon and mutter angrily to each other in Spanish

Freestyle segment with Chavo Guerrero Jr, Psychosis & Super Crazy, Kanyon & DDP - (71 rated)

-----------------------------------

Match  6: 

Mark Jindrak (with Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler) vs Kanyon (with DDP)

Mark Jindrak's 1st Titantron Entrance Video [HD] - YouTube

Mark Jindrak looks up for it at the start of the match but Kanyon uses this match to take out the stress he's been under at missing out on the U.S title and the other drama. Kanyon is super aggressive and physical throughout the match and this is a really decisive win for him over a younger talent who can't keep up with his relentless physicality. Stasiak tries to intervene but DDP prevents him from doing so and it's over.

Kanyon wins via pinfall - (6.10) - (50 rated) 

--------------------------------------

Torrie Wilson is backstage and Juventud Guerrera comes into shot and tries to hit on her. It's not clear if she's particularly interested or not but he mentions how if she wants to manage a champion she should ditch Kidman and come manage him. 

Billy Kidman storms into set furious and starts shouting at Juvi for coming onto Torrie. 

Eric Bischoff happens to be walking by and stumbles into the commotion. He asks what's going on. 

Juvi says Kidman's girl wants to manage a champion but she's stuck managing a chump. Billy starts shouting again and Eric Bischoff tells them both to knock it off.

Torrie asks Eric if there's a Cruiserweight Championship match booked for Big Bang yet? Eric says no. Torrie says well how about next week you have Juventud Guerrera... take on Billy Kidman... and the winner gets a title shot at Big Bang? 

Eric says he likes that idea. He likes it a lot. He jokes with Torrie whether she's ever considered a career as a booker and walks of happily. 

Juvi says he'll see them both next week. 

Kidman still annoyed but Torrie says this is the opportunity you've been waiting for. A thank you would be nice? Billy thanks her and says to show thank you properly he'll beat Juvi's ass next week and get that shot at Big Bang.

Freestyle segment with Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson, Juventud Guererra and Eric Bischoff - (55 rated) 

---------------------------

For the Love of Money - YouTube

Shane McMahon comes to the entrance way...

Shane says he's so excited to bring the 2nd main event of Nitro under his reign live in Chicago...

First it's time to introduce the reigning WCW United States champion who HAS been cleared to compete...Booker T!

WCW Booker T Theme - YouTube

Booker T comes to the ring with Stevie Ray and Sharmell. Booker isn't moving particularly great which the announcers pick up on, Tony quite concerned, but he's putting on a game face and pretending like he's fine. 

Shane then says it wasn't easy to secure the signing of the challenger... he was the hottest free agent in all of wrestling... but he's not anymore because he's signed a LONG TERM deal with WCW!!!! 

It's my pleasure to introduce to you... challenging for the United States championship in the main event of Nitro...

ROB... VAN...DAM!!!! 

d79fb6118695f9cf8e674618456b2d4a.png

The Chicago crowd pops wild for this as Rob Van Dam comes out to the entrance way accompanied by Bill Alfonso 

The announcers hype this up as a huge signing and what a moment for Nitro! 

RVD does his Rob-Van-Dam pose and then makes his way to the ring

Booker T looking quite shocked/surprised in the ring but ready for action either way.

-----
Main Event / Match 7: 

Booker T (C) vs Rob Van Dam for the WCW United States Championship 

The crowd are hot for this match and whilst RVD starts the match hot with Alfonso blowing his whistle excitedly at ring-side much to Sharmell and Stevie Ray's dismay, Booker T eventually counters one of RVD's moves and gets back into the match. The crowd don't seem to know who they want to win, it seems like RVD as the exciting new signing has more of the support at times but then when Booker gets some offence in they rally behind him. 

At one point Booker gets sick of the whistling and he demands the ref eject Alfonso for being so damn distracting, but the ref says this isn't a reason to eject him, RVD uses this opening to get a school-boy pin attempt in and almost gets the 3 but for Booker kicking out at 2.5. 

Booker focuses more but the school-boy pin seems to have tweaked his neck/back a bit and after this he is noticeably struggling in the ring. Nevertheless he seems to get the better of Rob Van Dam after RVD shows off with some aerial offence. Booker hits a Book-End on RVD and then gets RVD in prime position for his trademark Scissor Kick, but Booker feels his back and takes a few seconds longer than he normally would in hitting the ropes and when he comes back he takes a powerful spinning heel kick to the face from RVD. Booker is down and RVD goes up to the top rope.

Alfonso blows his whistle in furious excitement as RVD hits the Five Star Frog Splash!!

The referee counts and it's 1....2....3!!! 

WCW has a new United States Champion as Rob Van Dam gets a win on his debut in the main event!!! 

The crowd goes wild at this shocking title change to end the show! 

Stevie Ray and Sharmell look on disappointed as Bill Alfonso celebrates and RVD gets the title from the ref to celebrate. 

The show ends with an tired and hurt looking Booker T looking crestfallen as RVD's music plays and he celebrates.

Rob Van Dam wins the WCW United States Championship via pinfall - (6.48) - (69 rated) 

--------------------------------------

Show rating: 69

0.88 TV rating (667K viewers) 

A big drop off in rating/viewers despite the big title main event with RVD debuting and getting the win but I think that women's match cock-up really screwed us over so hoping we can get back on track next week avoid any more silly mistakes like that

Edited by PH71

First, why!? Why would you bring in Eric bischoff!? He's the reason wcw went down the crapper in the first place! The whole point of trying to rebuild wcw is to not repeat past mistakes. 2nd, how many former ecw guys went to wcw? Cause I thought guys like rvd, dreamer and Tajiri still went to wwf with heyman.

4 hours ago, sonny912 said:

First, why!? Why would you bring in Eric bischoff!? He's the reason wcw went down the crapper in the first place! The whole point of trying to rebuild wcw is to not repeat past mistakes. 2nd, how many former ecw guys went to wcw? Cause I thought guys like rvd, dreamer and Tajiri still went to wwf with heyman.

I'm not a fan of the Bischoff hiring either. I get he's over and talented, but Bischoff also at this point has go-away heat with the WCW fans.

He's great for ratings but in real life WCW fans would have treated Bischoff like Jeff Jarrett in AEW.

ECW was still running shows at this point. As a result, most the ECW guys are still available in the mod, so they're free to hire -- in real life, EVD and most others signed with WWF in a month or two (if I remember correctly).

Love the RVD Debut. Don't mind that Booker dropped the title. I usually prefer to have the figurehead chasing the main title than holing a main title. You want a figurehead in a match every week on TV if possible, and World Heavyweight Champions tend not to wrestle weekly.

I would try not to let Booker T take too many losses. That way, a big shock loss like this would stand out even more and get RVD more over.

Alfonso's a guy you could really build a stable around. There are many wrestlers who'd work well with Alfonso. For example, Awesome & Storm would work well with Alfonso if they drop the Team Canada gimmicks.

He's also a good referee which ads another dimension to his booking.

I've always been a fan of The Unholy Alliance in ECW. I'm a big fan of Taijiri and Whipwreck and thought the group really stood out even in a sea of goth and occult gimmicks. Since Tajiri is in WCW, I'd love to see Mikey Whipwreck & Sinister Minister turn up eventually.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Yeah I get Bischoff is a controversial signing. I wanted a heel authority figure that could clash with Shane at times. I think if this was a save where basically anyone else had bought WCW then I probably wouldn’t have got him in but I think with Shane and what I have planned it will work well with Bischoff as a heel GM which I thought he did great when he first came into WWE. 

I think Bischoff working with Shane and him hiring him to smite Vince also would be cool and add to the speculation as in if this was all a big WWF/Vince project would they really get Bischoff in? 

With the ECW guys that have come in so far RVD as a free agent was a no brainer and I could see him going to WCW to be a top guy instead of a bit lost in the shuffle of a much stronger WWF roster. Weirdly they didn’t even seem to offer him a contract which I can’t complain about as I thought they’d offer competition to get him in.

I think with a lot of the other guys from ECW on this save they were free agents and whilst they all mostly went to WWF I think if WCW survived a fair few would’ve gone to WCW.

Remains to be seen if Dreamer will become part of the roster 👀

6 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

I'm not a fan of the Bischoff hiring either. I get he's over and talented, but Bischoff also at this point has go-away heat with the WCW fans.

He's great for ratings but in real life WCW fans would have treated Bischoff like Jeff Jarrett in AEW.

ECW was still running shows at this point. As a result, most the ECW guys are still available in the mod, so they're free to hire -- in real life, EVD and most others signed with WWF in a month or two (if I remember correctly).

Love the RVD Debut. Don't mind that Booker dropped the title. I usually prefer to have the figurehead chasing the main title than holing a main title. You want a figurehead in a match every week on TV if possible, and World Heavyweight Champions tend not to wrestle weekly.

I would try not to let Booker T take too many losses. That way, a big shock loss like this would stand out even more and get RVD more over.

Alfonso's a guy you could really build a stable around. There are many wrestlers who'd work well with Alfonso. For example, Awesome & Storm would work well with Alfonso if they drop the Team Canada gimmicks.

He's also a good referee which ads another dimension to his booking.

I've always been a fan of The Unholy Alliance in ECW. I'm a big fan of Taijiri and Whipwreck and thought the group really stood out even in a sea of goth and occult gimmicks. Since Tajiri is in WCW, I'd love to see Mikey Whipwreck & Sinister Minister turn up eventually.

Whipwreck was on my radar, didn’t bring him in straight away but could well get him in at some point especially if we get another show. The way the TV deals seem to work where Nitro got a deal I can’t negotiate another new show for 3 months, which tbh I think is a blessing in disguise as far now I’m happy just booking 4 Nitro’s and a PPV each month, if I did bring back Thunder or a show with a new name I’d only want it to be a 1 hour Friday night show type thing and more of a B show type thing to get a bit of TV time for some of the guys who aren’t getting TV time but could do with the exposure. 

Yeah I wanted to get the U.S title off Booker without having the title vacated as I didn’t think Booker T would want to vacate it. RVD coming in and winning it seemed to be great for him and got the title off Booker too, had him working hurt kayfabe in the match too to try and keep him strong too which I thought still makes RVD look good as he doesn’t get a cheap/tainted win but doesn’t completely beat Booker “clean” clean given he was hurt. 

6e2c237eefb8375f0eda993292497e2f.png

Nitro Episode 3

Wednesday 16th May 2001

Live late-night on FX

7,366 crowd at the Odeum Expo Center

Runaway - Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory) (youtube.com)

Tony Schiavone on comms says it's Wednesday night folks and you know what that means...IT'S WCW NITRO LIVE FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!! 

We're starting hot tonight with your first match coming up right now! Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman face off with the winner going to Big Bang to challenge the Cruiserweight Champion, Shane Helms, for his title!

-------------

Match 1: 

Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Juventud Guerrera 

WCW Billy Kidman 4th Theme (1998-2000) - YouTube

Mexicools - theme and Titantron Video - YouTube

When Juventud comes out Super Crazy and Psychosis come with him and they wish him luck before he indicates for them to go back as he doesn't need them.

It's a really exciting high-spots match to start the show with both guys putting in a great performance and giving their all to try and get a shot at the Cruiserweight Title at Big Bang. 

Towards the end of the match Kidman has Juventud down but when he gets up to the top rope to give him the Shooting Star Press he momentarily slips on the top rope, by the time he gets his balance back and hits the move Juventud gets his knees up to counter. Juvi then gets a Juvi Driver in and gets the win. 

Juventud wins via pinfall - (6.04 minutes) - 68 rating

After the match Billy Kidman is visibly extremely upset and frustrated as Torrie Wilson does her best to console him whilst Juvi celebrates

------------

Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso is in Shane McMahon's office with Eric Bischoff and Johnny Ace. 

Shane congratulates RVD on the win and says the U.S belt looks great on him. Bischoff asks RVD about Tommy Dreamer being at Nitro last week, he says RVD used to be in ECW, he must know what's going on there. 

Bill Alfonso starts going mad at him but RVD gets him to chill out.

RVD says of course he loved ECW and he has a lot of respect for guys like Tommy Dreamer who helped make it big, but ECW is dead. RVD had out-grown ECW and he had to move on and become Mr Wednesday Night for WCW instead. ECW is his past, but WCW is his present and future. RVD was the hottest free agent in wrestling, not Tommy Dreamer.

Bischoff says that's just as well as there's no way they'd consider giving bums like Tommy Dreamer or that silly guy who jumped through the tables... what was his name... Shamu?? 

RVD says Shamu was the jumping Orca at Seaworld... Bischoff says what's the difference? They are both nothing more than one trick pony performing stunt monkeys and at least the whale knew how to draw in a mainstream audience. RVD cracks up at this whilst Bill Alfonso looks a bit uncomfortable. 

Shane says look if the Champ says he doesn't know anything about Dreamer being there that's good with me. He was probably just trying to get himself over or get some revenge on that Mike Awesome fella... the way he's betrayed his country I guess you can't blame him for having a pop at him.

Just as they're talking Stevie Ray bursts into the office. 

Stevie Ray gets up in RVD's face demanding he spill the beans. Shane, Bischoff and Johnny Ace intervene to split them up with Bill Alfonso angrily blowing his whistle. 

Stop blowing that damn thing Shane shouts above the racket.

What's your problem Bischoff asks Stevie Ray.

Stevie Ray says do they not think it's a coincidence his brother gets hit by a car and then RVD manages to win the title in the main event. Was it RVD who hit him? This whistle man?? Tommy Dreamer?? It stinks! Until he proves himself otherwise he thinks RVD can't be trusted! 

RVD says he's sorry about what happened with Booker but he was just in the right place at the right time. Johnny Ace points out that there was someone from the crowd trying to intervene in Booker's match with Chavo, maybe there is someone out to get Booker, but that doesn't mean it's RVD.

Stevie Ray says he still don't trust RVD! 

RVD says to make things right he's happy to give Booker a rematch later tonight as fair is fair...Stevie Ray says Booker isn't cleared to compete tonight and it's just hollow words he probably knew Booker wouldn't be fit to compete tonight.

Shane steps in and says well RVD if you want to put that title on the line later tonight... we can't have Rob Van Dam vs Booker T for the U.S Title... but how about we have... Rob Van Dam vs Stevie Ray for the U.S Title!! 

RVD says sure thing no problem and offers a handshake to Stevie Ray who seems to change his tune and shakes RVD's hand given he now has an opportunity of his own at the title

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bischoff, Johnny Ace & Stevie Ray - (66 rated) 
-------------------

Terry Funk is in the dressing room when suddenly Lance Storm and Mike Awesome barge in

Mike Awesome has an eye-patch on and is wearing a neck brace. He doesn't look good.

Lance Storm is getting in Terry Funk's face saying he stole a win against Mike Awesome because of that coward Tommy Dreamer last week. He thinks it's funny to hit a pile-driver on a man who was clearly concussed? It's scum-bag behaviour and shows that Terry Funk doesn't belong on national TV anymore... he should be slumming it on the indies having to buy tickets to WCW like that bum Tommy Dreamer! 

Christopher Daniels appears on camera and tells Storm to stop disrespecting a legend like Terry Funk. Daniels says there's nothing wrong with the indies. Daniels says he used to respect Lance Storm and enjoyed watching guys like him, Awesome, Funk and Dreamer in ECW. But Awesome and Storm have gone down in his estimations since he started sharing a locker-room with them. 

Storm is furious. Says who the hell even are you to Daniels. Daniels says he'll show Storm who the hell he is. Daniels challenges Storm to a match later tonight. Storm laughs manically and says if he has to beat some respect into some indie bum later tonight then that's exactly what he'll do. 

He storms off with Awesome following him holding his neck.

Terry Funk lectures Daniels that he can fight his own battles but he respects the kid's fighting spirit

Freestyle segment with Team Canada (Awesome & Storm), Terry Funk and Christopher Daniels - (41 rated) 

----------------------

The announcers confirm it's official later tonight will see Lance Storm take on the young indie star and recent WCW signing Christopher Daniels 1 on 1

Match 2: 

Hugh Morrus vs Curt Hennig

Hugh Morrus WCW Theme "Xtra Large" - YouTube

WCW Mr. Perfect 1st Theme "Rock Energy" (HQ) - YouTube

The announcers hype up this match being made last week after Hugh Morrus interrupted Curt Hennig's fairly emotional interview with JJ Dillon about his own son not really respecting him for never being a world champion. If Curt is going to stake a claim for a future title shot then this is the kind of match he has to be winning. 

It's a solid match with both guys getting in a decent amount of offence with Morrus storming out the block, but Hennig eventually uses his technical superiority to gain control of the match eventually getting the win.

Curt Hennig defeats Hugh Morrus - (5.41) - (60 rated)

--------------------------------

Shane Helms is backstage when Juventud comes strolling in, says hello champ, I'm looking forward to become Champion for a 4th time... Shane says Juvi shouldn't be so sure he will get the job done. Juvi says he'll see him at Big Bang baby and walks off

3 Count (Karagias & Moore) come into set. Shane is annoyed and says not you guys again, I told you, no reunion... the band is finished. Moore says Shane needs all the help he can get, Juvi rolls with those cats Super Crazy and Pyschosis... if they get involved at Big Bang then Shane will need 3 Count to even the odds! 

Shane says he's got this far without them and he doesn't need them now and to stay out of his business they're just trying to keep relevant by wanting to hang onto the Champ. There's no guarantee that Super Crazy and Psychosis even make it to Big Bang they've got a match with DDP and that crazy cat Kanyon tonight! Now leave me alone!

Freestyle segment with Shane Helms, Juventud Guerrera and 3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) - (43 rated) 

-----------------------------

DDP and Kanyon in the locker-room. 

DDP says he can't believe those crazy MexiCruisers challenged them to a match but you gotta give it to them. You disrespected them last week Kanyon and they asked for the match. 

Kanyon says they'll rue the day they messed with him and if they'd just told him what he needed to hear they wouldn't have needed to get into this mess. 

Booker T storms in looking like he's in some pain and not all there

DDP asks Booker if he's okay showing genuine concern. Kanyon just looks annoyed at the interruption. 

Booker T asks DDP if he knows anything about what happened last week. The way he sees it DDP is the one who benefitted from all this. Sure RVD got the title off him... but is all this some crazy scheme to play mind games with him going into Big Bang so DDP can win the world title?? Did he think if he sat in the parking lot all night stalking Sharmell he'd eventually get a free hit at Booker??

DDP laughs this off as crazy talk. You think I'm some kind of stalker?? Not even Vince Russo could come up with something that stupid! DDP says Booker should have taken the night off to rest in time for Big Bang he's clearly not feeling right. 

Booker says he's sure DDP would like him to take the night off so he can help screw over his brother Stevie in the main event tonight too. Booker T says he's staying here to make sure nothing funny happens to Stevie tonight, can you dig that sucka??

DDP looks baffled as Booker storms off in a huff. Kanyon says Booker is just entitled, throwing his toys out the pram that he's lost 1 title when he's still got another 1 whilst guys like him who work their ass off every week can't even get a shot at any title. DDP promises him his time will come.

Freestyle segment with DDP, Kanyon & Booker T - (91 rated)

-----------------------

Match 3: 

Tajiri & Kid Kash vs Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor

Tajiri's 2001 v1 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Imperial City" Theme [HD] - YouTube

Kid Kash's 2005 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Kash Money" Theme [HD] - YouTube

Finlay's 2006 v2 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Lambeg v2" Theme [HD] - YouTube

The announcers state that Fit Finlay put a challenge to Tajiri to have this tag match and Tajiri accepted this challenge roping in former ECW colleague Kid Kash to tag together tonight. They make a point about how Tajiri and Kash came out separately and Finlay & Taylor came out together, can their experience as a team see them through against much younger and more agile competitors tonight?

Very early on in the match Kid Kash comes down from a top rope move and appears to sprain an ankle. He immediately tags in Tajiri and seems to indicate to him that he's done, he can't compete anymore and he hobbles out towards the back. Arn Anderson slaughters him on commentary saying Kash is coward, but Tony says if you're hurt you're hurt I think it's smart.

Tajiri is clearly on the back foot for the majority of the match as it becomes a defacto handicap match now. He puts up a really good fight getting in big kicks on Taylor and Finlay throughout but the numbers game catches up with him in the end as Finlay picks up the win. 

Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor win via pinfall (9.01) - (52 rated) 

After the match Fit Finlay and Taylor wait for Tajiri to get up and offer to shake his hand. Tajiri shakes both their hands and then bows  to both of them before out of nowhere spitting green mist into Dave Taylor's face, laughing and then leaving the ring. Dave Taylor is furiously trying to clean his eyes after Finlay fail's to grab Tajiri as he slides out the ring. Finlay asks Dave is okay and then kind of laughs at him and looks at Tajiri walking off almost impressed by him.

------------------

Johnny Ace, Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff are in Shane's office when in walks Road Warrior Animal. Johnny gets up and greets his brother, Bischoff doesn't look particularly impressed but Shane is excited to see him.

Johnny asks where's Hawk and Animal says he couldn't be here tonight and he's a bit apprehensive about coming back and thinks they might've had their time in the sun already. Bischoff says I told you so to Shane and Johnny who seem to ignore him and Shane tells him it's already booked for big bang...Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs THE ROAD WARRIORS for the WCW World Tag Team Championship!

Eric Bischoff says to Shane that whilst he thinks it's a good booking... it could be better. Shane says he's all ears. Eric says The Road Warriors didn't earn this shot... O'Haire & Palumbo have been fighting week in week out to keep the belts and they have those belts on the line at Big Bang... well Animal says old Hawky isn't sure if they're past their best or not... well how about at Big Bang you have Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs THE ROAD WARRIORS for the WCW World Tag Team Championship...

I like it Shane says...

TITLE VS CAREER!!! Bischoff adds. 

Woah what do you mean Johnny asks? 

I mean, Bischoff says, if Animal here and his buddy Hawk win the match then they get the titles and a nice spot on our growing roster on the hottest wrestling show on television... but if they LOSE... then that's the last ever match we see from The Road Warriors...PERIOD! 

Shane asks Animal what he thinks. 

Bischoff says he thinks Animal doesn't have the guts to go through with it because he knows they're time is done too that's why he had to call up and beg his brother for a favour!

Animal is a bit unsure. Johnny Ace jumps in to tell him he doesn't need to make a decision now, he should talk to his partner about it first...

But Animal's pride is wounded by Bischoff's taunting and he says that it's settled. TITLES VS CAREER at Big Bang!! 

Johnny Ace looked a bit worried but Bischoff and now Shane too seem pleased by this development

Tony on commentary hypes this up saying that's just added a huge element of jeopardy to that match at Big Bang! 

Match 4: 

Stacy Keibler (with Shawn Stasiak) vs Meiko Satomura

Stacy Keibler 2001 - "The Girl Next Door" WWE Entrance Theme - YouTube

Meiko Satomura - "My Own Destiny" (NXT UK THEME) - YouTube

A debut for young Japanese talent Meiko Satomura against Stacy Keibler. The announcers hype up that Stacy has been training in the WCW Power Plant but despite being the same age as Stacy actually has around 5-6 years of experience in the ring. 

Stacy gets a decent amount of offence in but Meiko is carrying the match and gets the better of her for most of it. The match ends when Stacy gets distracted by Stasiak shouting advice and encouragement at her which Meiko uses as a distraction to score a roll-up victory. 

Meiko Satomura wins via pinfall - (4.06) - (34 rated) 

JJ Dillon interview with Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo

JJ asks them how they feel about it being confirmed they will face The Road Warriors for the Tag Team titles at Big Bang! 

Chuck says they're proud of how they've been doing lately and they're looking forward to testing themselves against the legendary team at the PPV.

Sean O'Haire says it might well be the end of the road for the Road Warriors and being the team who retired the Road Warriors would be a hell of a statement to the rest of the tag team division not just in WCW but in the entire business. 

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo - (49 rated) 

------------------------------

Rob Van Dam with the U.S Title seen in the back congratulating Meiko Satomura on her big victory. As he's doing so Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler storm into set with Stacy looking crestfallen at her loss and angry at Meiko. 

Shawn sarcastically says oh hey champ! Great to see you! Trying to get some tips ahead of your big match tonight? You're gonna need them!

RVD tells him if anything he thinks Stacy is the one who could do with a few tips and he's a very giving guy he'd be more than happy to come down to the Power Plant and show her the ropes...

Shawn is furious at this and tells him RVD better watch himself if he can hold onto that title tonight then sooner or later someone better than him will take it off him. Stacy tells Meiko she got lucky tonight and Stacy could beat her any time any place. 

Meiko says okay then... why not next week... Stacy and Shawn can take on Meiko and R-V-D! 

Stacy looks a bit apprehensive but Shawn and RVD instantly agree and face up to each other

Freestyle segment with Rob Van Dam, Shawn Stasiak, Meiko Satomura and Stacy Keibler (54 rated) 

----------------------------

Match 5: 

Barry Windham (with Mike Rotunda) vs Johnny 'The Bull' (with Buff Bagwell) 

Barry Windham 9th WCW Theme 'Road To Glory (Underscore)' - YouTube

Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli's 2nd Titantron Entrance Video [HD] - YouTube

Johnny 'The Bull' is bang up for this match looking to impress his prospective tag team partner and friend Buff Bagwell. Buff looks disinterested at ring-side whilst Mike Rotunda offers encouragement for his brother in law and tag team partner throughout. 

Both guys look fairly good in this match with Windham maybe getting slightly more offence in than 'The Bull'. 'The Bull' makes a mistake towards the end of the match which Windham eventually capitalises on and hits his finisher before getting the pin.

Barry Windham wins via pinfall - (5.23) - (42 rated) 

After the match Johnny looks fairly crestfallen at the loss. Windham offers to shake his hand and Johnny looks like he will shake his hand but Windham gets knocked down by a frustrated Buff Bagwell. Rotunda immediately storms the ring to even the odds and a brawl breaks out with between them. Windham manages to clothesline Buff over the top rope and they hit their tag finisher on Johnny 'The Bull'. 

Buff is furious at this development and challenges Windham to a singles match at Big Bang! Windham manages to get a mic and says let's make it a tag team match... Windham & Rotunda vs Buff Bagwell & Johnny 'The Bull!! 

Buff doesn't seem too keen on tagging with The Bull but he agrees to the match nonetheless in the heat of the moment. 

JJ Dillon interview with Kid Romeo & Elix Skipper

JJ asks Romeo & Skipper about their loss on the first edition of Nitro and how big a setback that is for them. 

Skipper and Romeo say you win some and you lose some. Sure they lost to Team Canada in a big opportunity for them but they'll be back as they're a young team.

3 Count come into set. Evan Karagias says Romeo & Skipper are the worst tag team in the company. Romeo says shouldn't you be called 2 Count now? Your main attraction ditched you and you're like the two less talented singers in a band trying to keep the band going as you gradually play smaller and smaller venues to less and less fans every week. 

Moore says they'll prove Shane Helms and everyone else in this locker-room and watching at home that 3 Count is on the Comeback reunion tour next week when they get the 1-2-3 versus Romeo & Skipper!  

Freestyle segment with 3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) and Kid Romeo & Elix Skipper (37 rated)

Match 6:

Christopher Daniels (with Terry Funk) vs Lance Storm (with Mike Awesome)

TNA Themes - Christopher Daniels (Wings Of A Fallen Angel v1) - YouTube

Lance Storm WCW Titantron - "Team Canada" - YouTube

The announcers hype up Christopher Daniels getting his big chance on national TV against such an established athlete in Lance Storm. Mike Awesome still in his eye-patch and neck brace looks paranoid and scans the crowd for potential threats. 

He tells Storm and the referee that Terry Funk can't be trusted. He's in on it! He's the real traitor!

The in ring action in this match is some of the best we've seen so far in the Shane McMahon Nitro era. Storm looks amazing but Daniels also looks great. Storm eventually gets the win by tapping out Daniels who takes a while before he gives out.

Lance Storm wins via submission - (6.15)  - (69 rated) 

After the match Storm signals to Awesome who throws a chair into the ring. Funk tries to stop him but Funk is slow on his feet and Lance Storm manages to get several chair shots in on Daniels before Storm can get there. Awesome grabs Funk's legs from the outside and Storm manages get a chair short in on Funk too who lies prone in the ring alongside the fallen Daniels.

Freestyle segment with Team Canada (Lance Storm & Mike Awesome), Terry Funk & Christopher Daniels - (52 rated)

---------------------

Big Bang hype package advertising Booker T vs DDP for the WCW World Championship, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs The Road Warriors for the WCW World Tag Team Championship and Shane Helms vs Juventud Guerrera for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

(52 rated)

---------------------

Match 7:

The MexiCruisers (Psychosis & Super Crazy) vs DDP & Kanyon

Kanyon - YouTube

WCW DDP Theme Song Self High Five - YouTube

The announcers hype up this match being made after the MexiCruisers put up the challenge after Kanyon punched Super Crazy all over trying to find the whereabouts of Chavo Guerrero after Chavo stole his shot at the U.S title on the 1st episode of Nitro. 

The announcers hype up MexiCruisers as a good tag team but albeit still big underdogs in this match given the experience and pedigree of Kanyon and especially DDP in this match. 

Psychosis and Super Crazy use their speed and high-flying to get in a bit of offence here and there but DDP is kept very strong in this match looking really good against both of them. At one point they manage to keep him isolated for a little while but he soon tags in Kanyon for the hot tag who comes in and starts destroying Psychosis and Super Crazy.

The fans seem into it and Kanyon looks like he's going to get a finish and the big win as he punches Psychosis off the apron and hits his finisher on Super Crazy when

WCW Chavo Guerrero Last Theme - YouTube

Kanyon turns round to see Chavo at the entrance way. Kanyon is furious. Chavo comes down the ramp cockily waving and blowing kisses to Kanyon. Kanyon immediately gets out of the ring and goes for Chavo. Chavo runs into the crowd and Kanyon runs after him determined to get his hands on the man who cost him his big shot at the U.S title. 

DDP looks a bit frustated and tries to work out where Kanyon is and whether he's got his hands on Chavo. 

The camera cuts to Kanyon who seems to have lost Chavo, gives up, kicks an empty chair in the crowd and makes his way back to the ring but

DDP frantically signals and shouts for Kanyon to get back. Kanyon is the legal man and is getting counted out!! 

Kanyon gets near to the barrier but it's too late as just as he jumps over the barrier...

10!!!!   

The MexiCruisers have won via countout!!

DDP has his head in his hands and Kanyon is absolutely raging, kicking the stairs and slamming the mat. 

Super Crazy sneaks out of the ring celebrates with Pyschosis manically on the outside as they pick up a huge upset win against DDP & Kanyon

The MexiCruisers win via count-out - (7.22) - (54 rated) 

------------------

Shane McMahon promo on the big screen hyping up Big Bang which is now just 2 weeks away. 

He now says he hopes fans enjoy yet another big-time main event title match with RVD taking on Stevie Ray.

Shane McMahon promo - (77 rated) 

----------------------

Booker T comes down to a bit of confusion from the announcers but he comes and joins them on colour commentary for the match

Freestyle segment with Booker T (79 rated) 

----------------------

Stevie Ray 1st WCW Theme 'Rap Sheet' - YouTube

WWE Rob Van Dam 1st Theme "Van Daminator" (HQ) - YouTube

Main Event / Match 8

Rob Van Dam (C) (with Bill Alfonso) vs Stevie Ray for the WCW United States Championship

Booker T on commentary doesn't sound 100 percent, Tony shows concern but Arn praises him for coming to the show and looking out for his brother Stevie Ray.

Before the match starts and Stevie and RVD are sizing each other up Booker pushes the idea that DDP was behind the car incident. Arn says do you not agree with Shane that it was just an accident and nothing untoward? Booker T says tell me you didn't just say that Arn. I'm tellin' you I don't know who's behind it but clearly someone's out to get me. 

The match itself is a pretty good one, Stevie Ray puts in a good performance but he can't really get near Rob Van Dam who looks brilliant in his first defence of the U.S title. Booker T moans on comms that Bill Alfonso's whistle is giving him a migraine or something. Rob Van Dam eventually picks up the win with the Five Star Frogsplash to retain the title. 

Rob Van Dam wins via pinfall - (8.12) - (67 rated)

Booker T comes off commentary disappointed, not looking 100 percent but after scanning the crowd worried for someone out to get him he gets towards the ring in support of Stevie Ray who looks disappointed to have lost as RVD celebrates in the ring with Bill Alfonso going wild.
--------------------

Show rating: 77

1.04 TV rating (780K viewers) 

Best rated and viewership so far. Very good, very nice. Hopefully we can build on this again in the go home show before the first PPV.

Edited by PH71

37 minutes ago, PH71 said:

Wcw Logos

Nitro Episode 3: 

Wednesday 16th May 2001

Live late-night on FX

7,366 crowd at the Odeum Expo Center

Tony Schiavone on comms says it's Wednesday night folks and you know what that means...IT'S WCW NITRO LIVE FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!! 

We're starting hot tonight with your first match coming up right now! Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman face off with the winner going to Big Bang to challenge the Cruiserweight Champion, Shane Helms, for his title!

-------------

Match 1: 

Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Juventud Guerrera 

When Juventud comes out Super Crazy and Psychosis come with him and they wish him luck before he indicates for them to go back as he doesn't need them.

It's a really exciting high-spots match to start the show with both guys putting in a great performance and giving their all to try and get a shot at the Cruiserweight Title at Big Bang. 

Towards the end of the match Kidman has Juventud down but when he gets up to the top rope to give him the Shooting Star Press he momentarily slips on the top rope, by the time he gets his balance back and hits the move Juventud gets his knees up to counter. Juvi then gets a Juvi Driver in and gets the win. 

Juventud wins via pinfall - (6.04 minutes) - 68 rating

After the match Billy Kidman is visibly extremely upset and frustrated as Torrie Wilson does her best to console him whilst Juvi celebrates

------------

Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso is in Shane McMahon's office with Eric Bischoff and Johnny Ace. 

Shane congratulates RVD on the win and says the U.S belt looks great on him. Bischoff asks RVD about Tommy Dreamer being at Nitro last week, he says RVD used to be in ECW, he must know what's going on there. 

Bill Alfonso starts going mad at him but RVD gets him to chill out.

RVD says of course he loved ECW and he has a lot of respect for guys like Tommy Dreamer who helped make it big, but ECW is dead. RVD had out-grown ECW and he had to move on and become Mr Wednesday Night for WCW instead. ECW is his past, but WCW is his present and future. RVD was the hottest free agent in wrestling, not Tommy Dreamer.

Bischoff says that's just as well as there's no way they'd consider giving bums like Tommy Dreamer or that silly guy who jumped through the tables... what was his name... Shamu?? 

RVD says Shamu was the jumping Orca at Seaworld... Bischoff says what's the difference? They are both nothing more than one trick pony performing stunt monkeys and at least the whale knew how to draw in a mainstream audience. RVD cracks up at this whilst Bill Alfonso looks a bit uncomfortable. 

Shane says look if the Champ says he doesn't know anything about Dreamer being there that's good with me. He was probably just trying to get himself over or get some revenge on that Mike Awesome fella... the way he's betrayed his country I guess you can't blame him for having a pop at him.

Just as they're talking Stevie Ray bursts into the office. 

Stevie Ray gets up in RVD's face demanding he spill the beans. Shane, Bischoff and Johnny Ace intervene to split them up with Bill Alfonso angrily blowing his whistle. 

Stop blowing that damn thing Shane shouts above the racket.

What's your problem Bischoff asks Stevie Ray.

Stevie Ray says do they not think it's a coincidence his brother gets hit by a car and then RVD manages to win the title in the main event. Was it RVD who hit him? This whistle man?? Tommy Dreamer?? It stinks! Until he proves himself otherwise he thinks RVD can't be trusted! 

RVD says he's sorry about what happened with Booker but he was just in the right place at the right time. Johnny Ace points out that there was someone from the crowd trying to intervene in Booker's match with Chavo, maybe there is someone out to get Booker, but that doesn't mean it's RVD.

Stevie Ray says he still don't trust RVD! 

RVD says to make things right he's happy to give Booker a rematch later tonight as fair is fair...Stevie Ray says Booker isn't cleared to compete tonight and it's just hollow words he probably knew Booker wouldn't be fit to compete tonight.

Shane steps in and says well RVD if you want to put that title on the line later tonight... we can't have Rob Van Dam vs Booker T for the U.S Title... but how about we have... Rob Van Dam vs Stevie Ray for the U.S Title!! 

RVD says sure thing no problem and offers a handshake to Stevie Ray who seems to change his tune and shakes RVD's hand given he now has an opportunity of his own at the title

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Rob Van Dam, Eric Bischoff, Johnny Ace & Stevie Ray - (66 rated) 

-------------------

Terry Funk is in the dressing room when suddenly Lance Storm and Mike Awesome barge in

Mike Awesome has an eye-patch on and is wearing a neck brace. He doesn't look good.

Lance Storm is getting in Terry Funk's face saying he stole a win against Mike Awesome because of that coward Tommy Dreamer last week. He thinks it's funny to hit a pile-driver on a man who was clearly concussed? It's scum-bag behaviour and shows that Terry Funk doesn't belong on national TV anymore... he should be slumming it on the indies having to buy tickets to WCW like that bum Tommy Dreamer! 

Christopher Daniels appears on camera and tells Storm to stop disrespecting a legend like Terry Funk. Daniels says there's nothing wrong with the indies. Daniels says he used to respect Lance Storm and enjoyed watching guys like him, Awesome, Funk and Dreamer in ECW. But Awesome and Storm have gone down in his estimations since he started sharing a locker-room with them. 

Storm is furious. Says who the hell even are you to Daniels. Daniels says he'll show Storm who the hell he is. Daniels challenges Storm to a match later tonight. Storm laughs manically and says if he has to beat some respect into some indie bum later tonight then that's exactly what he'll do. 

He storms off with Awesome following him holding his neck.

Terry Funk lectures Daniels that he can fight his own battles but he respects the kid's fighting spirit

Freestyle segment with Team Canada (Awesome & Storm), Terry Funk and Christopher Daniels - (41 rated) 

----------------------

The announcers confirm it's official later tonight will see Lance Storm take on the young indie star and recent WCW signing Christopher Daniels 1 on 1

Match 2: 

Hugh Morrus vs Curt Hennig

Hugh Morrus WCW Theme "Xtra Large" - YouTube

WCW Mr. Perfect 1st Theme "Rock Energy" (HQ) - YouTube

The announcers hype up this match being made last week after Hugh Morrus interrupted Curt Hennig's fairly emotional interview with JJ Dillon about his own son not really respecting him for never being a world champion. If Curt is going to stake a claim for a future title shot then this is the kind of match he has to be winning. 

It's a solid match with both guys getting in a decent amount of offence with Morrus storming out the block, but Hennig eventually uses his technical superiority to gain control of the match eventually getting the win.

Curt Hennig defeats Hugh Morrus - (5.41) - (60 rated)

--------------------------------

Shane Helms is backstage when Juventud comes strolling in, says hello champ, I'm looking forward to become Champion for a 4th time... Shane says Juvi shouldn't be so sure he will get the job done. Juvi says he'll see him at Big Bang baby and walks off

3 Count (Karagias & Moore) come into set. Shane is annoyed and says not you guys again, I told you, no reunion... the band is finished. Moore says Shane needs all the help he can get, Juvi rolls with those cats Super Crazy and Pyschosis... if they get involved at Big Bang then Shane will need 3 Count to even the odds! 

Shane says he's got this far without them and he doesn't need them now and to stay out of his business they're just trying to keep relevant by wanting to hang onto the Champ. There's no guarantee that Super Crazy and Psychosis even make it to Big Bang they've got a match with DDP and that crazy cat Kanyon tonight! Now leave me alone!

Freestyle segment with Shane Helms, Juventud Guerrera and 3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) - (43 rated) 

-----------------------------

DDP and Kanyon in the locker-room. 

DDP says he can't believe those crazy MexiCruisers challenged them to a match but you gotta give it to them. You disrespected them last week Kanyon and they asked for the match. 

Kanyon says they'll rue the day they messed with him and if they'd just told him what he needed to hear they wouldn't have needed to get into this mess. 

Booker T storms in looking like he's in some pain and not all there

DDP asks Booker if he's okay showing genuine concern. Kanyon just looks annoyed at the interruption. 

Booker T asks DDP if he knows anything about what happened last week. The way he sees it DDP is the one who benefitted from all this. Sure RVD got the title off him... but is all this some crazy scheme to play mind games with him going into Big Bang so DDP can win the world title?? Did he think if he sat in the parking lot all night stalking Sharmell he'd eventually get a free hit at Booker??

DDP laughs this off as crazy talk. You think I'm some kind of stalker?? Not even Vince Russo could come up with something that stupid! DDP says Booker should have taken the night off to rest in time for Big Bang he's clearly not feeling right. 

Booker says he's sure DDP would like him to take the night off so he can help screw over his brother Stevie in the main event tonight too. Booker T says he's staying here to make sure nothing funny happens to Stevie tonight, can you dig that sucka??

DDP looks baffled as Booker storms off in a huff. Kanyon says Booker is just entitled, throwing his toys out the pram that he's lost 1 title when he's still got another 1 whilst guys like him who work their ass off every week can't even get a shot at any title. DDP promises him his time will come.

Freestyle segment with DDP, Kanyon & Booker T - (91 rated)

-----------------------

Match 3: 

Tajiri & Kid Kash vs Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor

Kid Kash's 2005 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Kash Money" Theme [HD] - YouTube

Finlay's 2006 v2 Titantron Entrance Video feat. "Lambeg v2" Theme [HD] - YouTube

The announcers state that Fit Finlay put a challenge to Tajiri to have this tag match and Tajiri accepted this challenge roping in former ECW colleague Kid Kash to tag together tonight. They make a point about how Tajiri and Kash came out separately and Finlay & Taylor came out together, can their experience as a team see them through against much younger and more agile competitors tonight?

Very early on in the match Kid Kash comes down from a top rope move and appears to sprain an ankle. He immediately tags in Tajiri and seems to indicate to him that he's done, he can't compete anymore and he hobbles out towards the back. Arn Anderson slaughters him on commentary saying Kash is coward, but Tony says if you're hurt you're hurt I think it's smart.

Tajiri is clearly on the back foot for the majority of the match as it becomes a defacto handicap match now. He puts up a really good fight getting in big kicks on Taylor and Finlay throughout but the numbers game catches up with him in the end as Finlay picks up the win. 

Fit Finlay & Dave Taylor win via pinfall (9.01) - (52 rated) 

After the match Fit Finlay and Taylor wait for Tajiri to get up and offer to shake his hand. Tajiri shakes both their hands and then bows  to both of them before out of nowhere spitting green mist into Dave Taylor's face, laughing and then leaving the ring. Dave Taylor is furiously trying to clean his eyes after Finlay fail's to grab Tajiri as he slides out the ring. Finlay asks Dave is okay and then kind of laughs at him and looks at Tajiri walking off almost impressed by him.

------------------

Johnny Ace, Shane McMahon and Eric Bischoff are in Shane's office when in walks Road Warrior Animal. Johnny gets up and greets his brother, Bischoff doesn't look particularly impressed but Shane is excited to see him.

Johnny asks where's Hawk and Animal says he couldn't be here tonight and he's a bit apprehensive about coming back and thinks they might've had their time in the sun already. Bischoff says I told you so to Shane and Johnny who seem to ignore him and Shane tells him it's already booked for big bang...Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs THE ROAD WARRIORS for the WCW World Tag Team Championsip!

Eric Bischoff says to Shane that whilst he thinks it's a good booking... it could be better. Shane says he's all ears. Eric says The Road Warriors didn't earn this shot... O'Haire & Palumbo have been fighting week in week out to keep the belts and they have those belts on the line at Big Bang... well Animal says old Hawky isn't sure if they're past their best or not... well how about at Big Bang you have Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs THE ROAD WARRIORS for the WCW World Tag Team Championship...

I like it Shane says...

TITLE VS CAREER!!! Bischoff adds. 

Woah what do you mean Johnny asks? 

I mean, Bischoff says, if Animal here and his buddy Hawk win the match then they get the titles and a nice spot on our growing roster on the hottest wrestling show on television... but if they LOSE... then that's the last ever match we see from The Road Warriors...PERIOD! 

Shane asks Animal what he thinks. 

Bischoff says he thinks Animal doesn't have the guts to go through with it because he knows they're time is done too that's why he had to call up and beg his brother for a favour!

Animal is a bit unsure. Johnny Ace jumps in to tell him he doesn't need to make a decision now, he should talk to his partner about it first...

But Animal's pride is wounded by Bischoff's taunting and he says that it's settled. TITLES VS CAREER at Big Bang!! 

Johnny Ace looked a bit worried but Bischoff and now Shane too seem pleased by this development

Tony on commentary hypes this up saying that's just added a huge element of jeopardy to that match at Big Bang! 

Match 4: 

Stacy Keibler (with Shawn Stasiak) vs Meiko Satomura

Stacy Keibler 2001 - "The Girl Next Door" WWE Entrance Theme - YouTube

A debut for young Japanese talent Meiko Satomura against Stacy Keibler. The announcers hype up that Stacy has been training in the WCW Power Plant but despite being the same age as Stacy actually has around 5-6 years of experience in the ring. 

Stacy gets a decent amount of offence in but Meiko is carrying the match and gets the better of her for most of it. The match ends when Stacy gets distracted by Stasiak shouting advice and encouragement at her which Meiko uses as a distraction to score a roll-up victory. 

Meiko Satomura wins via pinfall - (4.06) - (34 rated) 

JJ Dillon interview with Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo

JJ asks them how they feel about it being confirmed they will face The Road Warriors for the Tag Team titles at Big Bang! 

Chuck says they're proud of how they've been doing lately and they're looking forward to testing themselves against the legendary team at the PPV.

Sean O'Haire says it might well be the end of the road for the Road Warriors and being the team who retired the Road Warriors would be a hell of a statement to the rest of the tag team division not just in WCW but in the entire business. 

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo - (49 rated) 

Rob Van Dam with the U.S Title seen in the back congratulating Meiko Satomura on her big victory. As he's doing so Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler storm into set with Stacy looking crestfallen at her loss and angry at Meiko. 

Shawn sarcastically says oh hey champ! Great to see you! Trying to get some tips ahead of your big match tonight? You're gonna need them!

RVD tells him if anything he thinks Stacy is the one who could do with a few tips and he's a very giving guy he'd be more than happy to come down to the Power Plant and show her the ropes...

Shawn is furious at this and tells him RVD better watch himself if he can hold onto that title tonight then sooner or later someone better than him will take it off him. Stacy tells Meiko she got lucky tonight and Stacy could beat her any time any place. 

Meiko says okay then... why not next week... Stacy and Shawn can take on Meiko and R-V-D! 

Stacy looks a bit apprehensive but Shawn and RVD instantly agree and face up to each other

Freestyle segment with Rob Van Dam, Shawn Stasiak, Meiko Satomura and Stacy Keibler (54 rated) 

Match 5: 

Barry Windham (with Mike Rotunda) vs Johnny 'The Bull' (with Buff Bagwell) 

Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli's 2nd Titantron Entrance Video [HD] - YouTube

Johnny 'The Bull' is bang up for this match looking to impress his prospective tag team partner and friend Buff Bagwell. Buff looks disinterested at ring-side whilst Mike Rotunda offers encouragement for his brother in law and tag team partner throughout. 

Both guys look fairly good in this match with Windham maybe getting slightly more offence in than 'The Bull'. 'The Bull' makes a mistake towards the end of the match which Windham eventually capitalises on and hits his finisher before getting the pin.

Barry Windham wins via pinfall - (5.23) - (42 rated) 

After the match Johnny looks fairly crestfallen at the loss. Windham offers to shake his hand and Johnny looks like he will shake his hand but Windham gets knocked down by a frustrated Buff Bagwell. Rotunda immediately storms the ring to even the odds and a brawl breaks out with between them. Windham manages to clothesline Buff over the top rope and they hit their tag finisher on Johnny 'The Bull'. 

Buff is furious at this development and challenges Windham to a singles match at Big Bang! Windham manages to get a mic and says let's make it a tag team match... Windham & Rotunda vs Buff Bagwell & Johnny 'The Bull!! 

Buff doesn't seem too keen on tagging with The Bull but he agrees to the match nonetheless in the heat of the moment. 

JJ Dillon interview with Kid Romeo & Elix Skipper

JJ asks Romeo & Skipper about their loss on the first edition of Nitro and how big a setback that is for them. 

Skipper and Romeo say you win some and you lose some. Sure they lost to Team Canada in a big opportunity for them but they'll be back as they're a young team.

3 Count come into set. Evan Karagias says Romeo & Skipper are the worst tag team in the company. Romeo says shouldn't you be called 2 Count now? Your main attraction ditched you and you're like the two less talented singers in a band trying to keep the band going as you gradually play smaller and smaller venues to less and less fans every week. 

Moore says they'll prove Shane Helms and everyone else in this locker-room and watching at home that 3 Count is on the Comeback reunion tour next week when they get the 1-2-3 versus Romeo & Skipper!  

Freestyle segment with 3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) and Kid Romeo & Elix Skipper (37 rated)

Match 6:

Christopher Daniels (with Terry Funk) vs Lance Storm (with Mike Awesome)

TNA Themes - Christopher Daniels (Wings Of A Fallen Angel v1) - YouTube

The announcers hype up Christopher Daniels getting his big chance on national TV against such an established athlete in Lance Storm. Mike Awesome still in his eye-patch and neck brace looks paranoid and scans the crowd for potential threats. 

He tells Storm and the referee that Terry Funk can't be trusted. He's in on it! He's the real traitor!

The in ring action in this match is some of the best we've seen so far in the Shane McMahon Nitro era. Storm looks amazing but Daniels also looks great. Storm eventually gets the win by tapping out Daniels who takes a while before he gives out.

Lance Storm wins via submission - (6.15)  - (69 rated) 

After the match Storm signals to Awesome who throws a chair into the ring. Funk tries to stop him but Funk is slow on his feet and Lance Storm manages to get several chair shots in on Daniels before Storm can get there. Awesome grabs Funk's legs from the outside and Storm manages get a chair short in on Funk too who lies prone in the ring alongside the fallen Daniels.

Freestyle segment with Team Canada (Lance Storm & Mike Awesome), Terry Funk & Christopher Daniels - (52 rated)

---------------------

Big Bang hype package advertising Booker T vs DDP for the WCW World Championship, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs The Road Warriors for the WCW World Tag Team Championship and Shane Helms vs Juventud Guerrera for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

(52 rated)

---------------------

Match 7:

The MexiCruisers (Psychosis & Super Crazy) vs DDP & Kanyon

Kanyon - YouTube

The announcers hype up this match being made after the MexiCruisers put up the challenge after Kanyon punched Super Crazy all over trying to find the whereabouts of Chavo Guerrero after Chavo stole his shot at the U.S title on the 1st episode of Nitro. 

The announcers hype up MexiCruisers as a good tag team but albeit still big underdogs in this match given the experience and pedigree of Kanyon and especially DDP in this match. 

Psychosis and Super Crazy use their speed and high-flying to get in a bit of offence here and there but DDP is kept very strong in this match looking really good against both of them. At one point they manage to keep him isolated for a little while but he soon tags in Kanyon for the hot tag who comes in and starts destroying Psychosis and Super Crazy.

The fans seem into it and Kanyon looks like he's going to get a finish and the big win as he punches Psychosis off the apron and hits his finisher on Super Crazy when

Kanyon turns round to see Chavo at the entrance way. Kanyon is furious. Chavo comes down the ramp cockily waving and blowing kisses to Kanyon. Kanyon immediately gets out of the ring and goes for Chavo. Chavo runs into the crowd and Kanyon runs after him determined to get his hands on the man who cost him his big shot at the U.S title. 

DDP looks a bit frustated and tries to work out where Kanyon is and whether he's got his hands on Chavo. 

The camera cuts to Kanyon who seems to have lost Chavo, gives up, kicks an empty chair in the crowd and makes his way back to the ring but

DDP frantically signals and shouts for Kanyon to get back. Kanyon is the legal man and is getting counted out!! 

Kanyon gets near to the barrier but it's too late as just as he jumps over the barrier...

10!!!!   

The MexiCruisers have won via countout!!

DDP has his head in his hands and Kanyon is absolutely raging, kicking the stairs and slamming the mat. 

Super Crazy sneaks out of the ring celebrates with Pyschosis manically on the outside as they pick up a huge upset win against DDP & Kanyon

The MexiCruisers win via count-out - (7.22) - (54 rated) 

------------------

Shane McMahon promo on the big screen hyping up Big Bang which is now just 2 weeks away. 

He now says he hopes fans enjoy yet another big-time main event title match with RVD taking on Stevie Ray.

Shane McMahon promo - (77 rated) 

----------------------

Booker T comes down to a bit of confusion from the announcers but he comes and joins them on colour commentary for the match

Freestyle segment with Booker T (79 rated) 

----------------------

Stevie Ray 1st WCW Theme 'Rap Sheet' - YouTube

Main Event / Match 8

Rob Van Dam (C) (with Bill Alfonso) vs Stevie Ray for the WCW United States Championship

Booker T on commentary doesn't sound 100 percent, Tony shows concern but Arn praises him for coming to the show and looking out for his brother Stevie Ray.

Before the match starts and Stevie and RVD are sizing each other up Booker pushes the idea that DDP was behind the car incident. Arn says do you not agree with Shane that it was just an accident and nothing untoward? Booker T says tell me you didn't just say that Arn. I'm tellin' you I don't know who's behind it but clearly someone's out to get me. 

The match itself is a pretty good one, Stevie Ray puts in a good performance but he can't really get near Rob Van Dam who looks brilliant in his first defence of the U.S title. Booker T moans on comms that Bill Alfonso's whistle is giving him a migraine or something. Rob Van Dam eventually picks up the win with the Five Star Frogsplash to retain the title. 

Rob Van Dam wins via pinfall - (8.12) - (67 rated)

Booker T comes off commentary disappointed, not looking 100 percent but after scanning the crowd worried for someone out to get him he gets towards the ring in support of Stevie Ray who looks disappointed to have lost as RVD celebrates in the ring with Bill Alfonso going wild.

--------------------

Show rating: 77

1.04 TV rating (780K viewers) 

Best rated and viewership so far. Very good, very nice. Hopefully we can build on this again in the go home show before the first PPV.

Not sure I would've teased the Road Warriors retirement yet. Feels a bit like hotshotting. But I do get you want a big angle for the PPV.

Might be fun to see RVD & Sabu vs. Harlem Heat at some point especially with Bill Alfonso now in the fold. Even if it's a one-night deal for Sabu.

Love the angle with Funk & Dreamer against Team Canada. If ECW goes under (and I think they usually do within a year in the mod), could we see an "invasion" of some sort? Would be cool to see the old ECW belt on WCW TV.

Love that Juventud is given a push but I'm a bit worried given his personal problems around this point. Would love to see a Luchador challenge for the main title at some point since they're getting use outside the cruiserweight division.

I like that there is a definite reset for the show so far.

23 minutes ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Not sure I would've teased the Road Warriors retirement yet. Feels a bit like hotshotting. But I do get you want a big angle for the PPV.

Might be fun to see RVD & Sabu vs. Harlem Heat at some point especially with Bill Alfonso now in the fold. Even if it's a one-night deal for Sabu.

Love the angle with Funk & Dreamer against Team Canada. If ECW goes under (and I think they usually do within a year in the mod), could we see an "invasion" of some sort? Would be cool to see the old ECW belt on WCW TV.

Love that Juventud is given a push but I'm a bit worried given his personal problems around this point. Would love to see a Luchador challenge for the main title at some point since they're getting use outside the cruiserweight division.

I like that there is a definite reset for the show so far.

In this mod ECW is already dead as a company. In the real timeline I think the ECW/Alliance storyline didn't really start until around July 2001 sort of time so a lot of the ECW guys who ended up going to WWF like RVD etc were free agents in the mod at the start of the game. 

From what I understand I think Heyman technically owned the ECW name/branding and it wasn't properly bought out by WWE/Vince until around 2003 when the legal stuff went through. But I think WCW/Shane in this scenario could/would still easily refer to ECW itself just as long as they're not copyrighting or profiting off the brand etc.

Yeah I think the Cruiserweight division is interesting to book. I will keep the weight limit in play but I want to see/use it as more of an X Division type thing where it's an exciting lower belt but not a complete grave for a lot of guys who just get stuck in that division. I want Cruiserweight guys to float around the tag team division and if they're over/good enough "graduate" to the U.S Title or Main Event scene eventually if it works. 

I don't want to just rip off TNA and change the name/weight-class thing yet but may eventually change it if I feel it's not working long-term. 

Fallen Angel! 

adf3062bb7c3d04629edb0fd4b79eef3.png

Sources have commented that Christopher Daniels will be out of action for at least 1 month after suffering ligament damage to his knee. This will be a big blow for Daniels who just this week on Nitro seemed to be inserted into a storyline with Terry Funk and Team Canada (Lance Storm and Mike Awesome) where he had a great match with Lance Storm in his first singles match for WCW in the Shane McMahon era.

Whilst Daniels was seen getting beaten down after the defeat and is thus conveniently written off TV it is thought that this was just a coincidence. Daniels has signed an exclusive contract with WCW but they allowed him to honour the few remaining dates he had with Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling (ECCW) and it was in a losing effort to Abbadon last night on ECCW where Daniels picked up the injury. 

Whilst this will surely see the end of any involvement for him in Funk and Team Canada's ongoing feud we're sure this will not be the last we see of 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels in WCW.

6e2c237eefb8375f0eda993292497e2f.png

Nitro Episode 4: 

Wednesday 23rd May 2001

Live late-night on FX

5,442 crowd at the Aladdin Theatre

----------------

Tony Schiavone on comms says it's Wednesday night folks and you know what that means...IT'S WCW NITRO LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS!!! 

To kick-start the show we have some mixed tag-team action as we will see the WCW United States Champion, Rob Van Dam, teaming with young Japanese talent Meiko Satomura, as they take on Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler

-------------

Match 1: 

Rob Van Dam (with Bill Alfonso) & Meiko Satomura vs Shawn Stasiak & Stacy Keibler

WCW Shawn Stasiak 4th Theme Song - "Stasiak Theme" (With Tron) - YouTube

A good match to get the crowd going at the start of Nitro. RVD and Stasiak start the match with RVD getting a lot of offence before Stasiak tags out for Stacy to come in. RVD tags Meiko in who seems a lot more technically efficient than Stacy, but Stacy is taller and has a height advantage which she uses to help her at times. 

Stasiak eventually distracts Rob Van Dam by pushing around Bill Alfonso and the referee gets involved briefly as Alfonso's whistling is causing a ruckus. 

In this distraction Stacy rolls up Meiko, the ref quickly turns round to start counting and in the distraction he doesn't notice Stacy stick one of her long legs on the ropes to cheat and get the advantage. 

RVD and Alfonso look really annoyed at the end of the match with Meiko looking crestfallen at the lost. Shawn and Stacy celebrate cockily as they leave the ring

Shawn Stasiak & Stacy Keibler win via pinfall - (5.44) - (56 rated)

------------------

Backstage in Shane's office where Eric Bischoff and Shane McMahon are talking with Chavo Guerrero Jr

Kanyon followed sharply by DDP barges into the office and starts shouting aggressively and going for Chavo who quicky jumps over Shane's desk and hides behind Bischoff/Shane

Kanyon is furious at Chavo for last week's interference and he demands a match with Chavo tonight. DDP tries to reason with Shane and says if they can squash their feud in a match that should put an end to the ongoing drama.

Shane says he can see that might work, but why tonight, why not at Big Bang this Sunday?! 

Bischoff interuppts Shane and says they shouldn't just be giving out PPV matches like that. There's a lot of guys and girls in the locker-room that want to be on that card and so Kanyon/Chavo shouldn't be on the PPV

Chavo pops in and says "I agree boss"

Bischoff says "Shut up Chavo"

Chavo says "Shutting up, boss" 

Shane says he's sure they can all come to a compromise and says if Kanyon wants that match at the PPV then he will have to earn it tonight... he proposes for the main event of Nitro tonight... it will be... KANYON & DDP... vs HARLEM HEAT!!! 

If DDP & Kanyon win then Kanyon gets to face Chavo at Big Bang and of course DDP can send a message to Booker T ahead of their big main event match. 

Kanyon enthusiastically accepts with DDP happy with this too, Bischoff not super happy about it but seems agreeable enough.

Kanyon then says, what about him?? points to Chavo. What if he intereferes in our match again?? 

Shane then turns to Chavo and sternly says... Chavo let me be clear you will be banned from ringside... there will be no lying... no cheating and no stealing in our main event tonight is that clear? Chavo says yes, then Shane says, because if you do interefere... I'll have to take a page out of my father's book and make you unemployed... and trust me the McMahon family have got enough practice in making people unemployed this month!" 

The camera pans to an XFL hat in the bin and the announcers all crack up at this dig at Vince McMahon's XFL project breaking down just last week.

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Eric Bischoff, Kanyon, DDP & Chavo Guerrero Jr - (70 rated)

--------------------

JJ Dillon interviewing Rob Van Dam (with Bill Alfonso and a disappointed looking Meiko Satomura)

JJ asks RVD and Meiko how they feel to taking a loss like that especially given Stacy cheated to win. 

RVD says this is wrestling, this can happen, they did what they had to do to get the win and they have to accept that and Meiko will need to learn from that moving forward.

Shawn Stasiak and Stacy Keibler come into the interview. 

Shawn jibes RVD for saying Stacy needed some tips from him last week and actually it sounds like him and Meiko need some tips from her. 

Alfonso starts blowing his whistle and having a go, JJ calms him down.

RVD congratulates Stacy for getting the win but cautions her that now every woman and referee on the roster will be expecting her to do that now.

Meiko says "be careful Stacy, because karma... is a bitch!" 

The two women look like they might get into a fight but RVD manages to prevent this from happening. 

Stasiak says to Rob that since he lost to them tonight... maybe he should try and get some good karma back by picking up a win at Big Bang! Stasiak says RVD won't get the win anyway, but he's welcome to try if he puts the US Title on the line against Stasiak at Big Bang!

Stacy says to Stasiak she doesn't think RVD will do it because he's a coward

RVD gets agitated at this and says he doesn't believe Stasiak deserves a shot based on tonight... but he's a fighting champion and if Stasiak wants to take a big loss at the PPV then he's more than happy to give it to him!

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon, RVD, Meiko Satomura, Shawn Stasiak & Stacy Keibler - (61 rated)

--------------

Match 2: 

Elix Skipper & Kid Romeo vs 3 Count (Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore) 

Shane Helms comes out with the WCW Cruiserweight Championship and joins the announcers on commentary for the match. The announcers mention Shane Helms/3 Count ongoing drama and Shane Helms says as the Cruiserweight champion he's just here in an official capacity watching these 3 cruiserweights in action and wants nothing to do with 3 Count

WCW THEMES: Elix Skipper "Primetime Elix Skipper" - YouTube

3 Count 1st Theme - Can't Get You Outta My Heart (Full) + Download Link - YouTube

This one is an exciting high-flying tag affair with both teams getting a mixed amount of action in. 3 Count eventually get the win taking advantage of a Kid Romeo mistake on the top rope

3 Count win via pinfall (5.45) - (47 rated)

--------------

After the match Evan Karagias and Shannon Moore start beating down on Romeo & Skipper with the ref trying to break it up. Shane Helms on commentary says he's disappointed to see this happening and doesn't condone it. That's not what 3 Count should be doing.

Juventud Guerrera, Super Crazy and Psychosis all come rushing down to the ring to make the save and chase off 3 Count.

Juvi grabs a mic and calls out to Shane Helms on commentary saying at Big Bang! it doesn't matter if he has to take on 1, 2 or 3 of these clowns he's got his back-up and he's going to get the 1-2-3 to be the next WCW Cruiserweight champion! 

Freestyle segment with Shane Helms, 3 Count, Romeo & Skipper & The MexiCools (Juventud, Super Crazy & Psychosis) - (51 rated)

--------------------

Road Warriors backstage in Shane McMahon's office with Shane, Johnny Ace and Eric Bischoff

Shane is super pumped to see Animal and Hawk and gives them both a big hug as Bishcoff watches on disapprovingly. Johnny Ace happy to see his brother Animal and Hawk too. 

Shane says he's excited for a massive tag team match at Big Bang! Animal says this will be the show that puts the Road Warriors back on top of the world of wrestling as they will become the WCW World Tag Team Champions and just at the dawn of a new era for WCW. Hawk seems quiet but says "here, here" quietly. 

Bischoff says that the Road Warriors shouldn't under-estimate Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo and that either way WCW wins as either The Road Warriors come in on top of the mountain or they go out of the business with a BIG BANG!

Freestyle segment with Shane McMahon, Johnny Ace, Eric Bischoff & The Road Warriors - (68 rated) 

----------------

Match 3: 

Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi & Jimmy Yang) - Non Title match

Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire 2001 - "Freestyle Hombre" WWE WCW Entrance Theme - YouTube

WCW Jung Dragons 2nd Theme Song - "Gong/Shakuhachi" (With Tron) - YouTube

O'Haire & Palumbo dominate this match with Jung Dragons not really getting much offence in at all as they can't compete physically with the tag team champions.

O'Haire gets the win via pinfall in the end.

O'Haire & Palumbo win via pinfall - (6.41) - (53 rated) 

-----------------

After the match Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo cut a promo in the ring

Chuck Palumbo says he grew up dreaming of being in a tag team like the Road Warriors but at Big Bang! it's the end of the road for Animal & Hawk. 

Sean O'Haire says he has huge respect for Animal and Hawk. O'Haire says he's not had an easy up bring and he's struggled with addiction in his past. He says Hawk's journey in beating his own demons should be an inspiration to every man and woman in the back who is struggling with their own problems.

Fans cheer this. 

But then Sean O'Haire adds that Animal & Hawk aren't getting any younger. He questions if Animal and Hawk really need the money anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to just hang up the old boots and see out the rest of their lives with their family away from the road and the toils and tribulations of being a professional wrestler? O'Haire says whether the Road Warriors win or lose, they're still winners in the game of life. So don't even worry about Sunday. Just chill. Relax. If you win... that's great... but if you lose... that's great too.... O'Haire then finishes the promo by saying...but I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know...

Freestyle segment Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo - (57 rated)

------------------

Eric Bischoff is in Shane's office talking with Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson. 

Bischoff tells Kidman he's sorry but Kidman lost fair and square to Juventud last week so he has to get to the back of the line for the Cruiserweight Title. Kidman looks crestfallen but Torrie comforts him.

Shane Helms bursts in with the WCW Cruiserweight title.

Speaking of the devil, Bischoff says. 

Helms says he's glad to see Bischoff. Offers commiserations to Kidman for his loss last week.

Helms says he's just here to say to Bischoff that thought Super Crazy & Psychosis deserve some sort of reward for a huge upset win against DDP & Kanyon last week. Bischoff says he's not really sure what he's getting at, sure it was a good upset win but 

Shane Helms says he wants to personally reward them... Helms proposes at Big Bang... you have Super Crazy vs Psychosis... the winner... becomes the number 1 contender to the Cruiserweight Title! 

Tony Schiavone on commentary mentions this could just be a shady scheme to keep the other MexiCools busy whilst he takes on Juventud for the Cruiserweight title. Arn says or maybe he's trying to create some in-fighting within the group... it's smart! 

Bischoff says he's not sure about this. 

Torrie Wilson buts in. 

Torrie flirts with Bischoff and says he's right. Super Crazy, Psychosis... 1 on 1... maybe that's now what he wants to book... but what about a triangle match... Psychosis... Super Crazy and BILLY KIDMAN!!! With the winner becoming the number 1 contender for the Cruiserweight title. 

Bischoff thinks about it.

Shane Helms says he likes it. 

Bischoff says okay then I'll book that. 

Shane wishes Kidman luck and tells him to make sure he works them hard! 

Freestyle segment with Eric Bischoff, Billy Kidman, Torrie Wilson and Shane Helms - (49 rated) 

-----------

Match 4: 

Mike Sanders vs Chavo Guerrero Jr

Mike Sanders 1st WCW Theme 'Outside' - YouTube

The announcers hype up Chavo being in action. He'll surely have one eye on the main event as if Kanyon & DDP beat Harlem Heat he will have Kanyon to deal with at Big Bang!

Mike Sanders looks a bit off the pace in this match with Chavo using his superior high flying and technical ability to get the upper hand. After a while Chavo manages to get the win with the Gory Bomb

Chavo Guerrero Jr wins via pinfall - (6.31) - (49 rated)

---------------

Video Package advert for Big Bang! 

The announcers hype up Booker T vs DDP for the WCW title, Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs The Road Warriors - Title v s Career, Rob van Dam vs Shawn Stasiak for the U.S title, Shane Helms vs Juventud Guerrera for the Cruiserweight title, Windham & Rotunda vs Buff Bagwell and Johnny 'The Bull' and a Triangle match between Billy Kidman, Super Crazy and Psychosis to be Number 1 contender for the Cruiserweight Title 

(59 rated)

---------------

Terry Funk comes out looking like a man on a mission as the commentators hype him up. 

Terry Funk on the mic says last week Lance Storm and Mike Awesome showed the world what cowards they are by taking cheap shops with chairs at him and Christoper Daniels. Funk says they've put Daniels out for several weeks, he's just a young kid trying to make his name for himself in this business and Team Canada think they can run rough shot over him and Funk. Well Funk ain't gonna stand for that.

Funk tells Storm and Awesome to get their asses out here right now! 

Lance Storm comes out with Mike Awesome who still has the eye-patch and the neck brace. He looks around the crowd scanning intently worried that Tommy Dreamer might be in the crowd ready to pounce at him again.

Lance Storm says he didn't realise it was the local old folks home big day out at the wrestling. He says whoever lost their senile grandpa they better come out and pick him up.

Funk says he might be 24 years older than Storm but he could still run rings round him in the ring. You see teenagers who still live in their momma's basement talk about Lance Storm, best technical wrestler in all of WCW, maybe even the world... well you ain't better technically than me, boy! 

Mike Awesome says Terry Funk is a traitor to WCW! If Mike was medically cleared to compete he'd come down their and whoop Funk's ass, but he isn't fit to compete after the savage attack on him by Funk's buddy. 

Lance Storm says Funk is beneath him. He would face Funk 1 on 1 but he doesn't need to prove anything to him. 

Funk says well it's funny you say that as I was speaking to Johnny Ace and Shane McMahon earlier today and they were asking if I wanted to press charges after you boys assault on me last week. I'm also a Road Agent here and you attacked a member of the office! 

Funk says the only thing he wanted was a match at Big Bang to make them pay! 

Funk says at Big Bang it will be Terry Funk going 1-on-1 with Lance Storm!! 

Storm and Awesome are furious at this development

Freestyle segment with Terry Funk & Team Canada (Lance Storm & Mike Awesome) - (46 rated)

-----------------

Backstage segment in the locker-room area is Booker T and Stevie Ray

Stevie Ray asking Booker how he's feeling about tonight. Has he recovered enough to compete? 

Booker says he's medically cleared to compete and he wants to get a win on DDP and that crazy cat Kanyon before Big Bang to send a message to DDP and anyone else who might want to challenge him for the title or come after him. 

Booker says he doesn't know for sure that DDP or Kanyon were behind the car crash, maybe it was Van Dam, who knows, he ain't no detective and it sure as hell don't seem like Shane or Eric Bischoff want to investigate it. But he's excited for the first Harlem Heat match in a while and he knows with his brother at his side he can't go wrong! 

Stevie Ray thanks him, says he's excited for the match tonight but wants Booker to make sure he takes it easy if he feels any pain as he doesn't want Booker going into the PPV injured. 

Freestyle segment with Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) - (71 rated)

----------------

Match 5: 

Curt Hennig vs Kwee Wee

Curt Hennig 2nd WCW Theme Alternate Version - YouTube

Kwee Wee WCW Custom Entrance Video - YouTube

Curt Hennig comes out and is in full game mode for the match. Kwee Wee seems a bit out of form in the match and can never really get into it. Curt Hennig eventually gets the win fairly comfortably in a decisive match.

Curt Hennig wins via pinfall - (6.20) - (51 rated) 

---------------

Backstage we see Tajiri in the ring working bags with Akira Hokuto. 

Fit Finlay barges into the gym and approaches Tajiri.

Tajiri asks Fit what he wants whilst still periodically striking bags

Fit says he's putting together a collective... a club... of young like minded talent that he can train and coach to become champions. He thinks Tajiri is the toughest S.O.B he's seen in a long time and with Fit and Dave behind him they can make him the most dangerous man in WCW.

Tajiri says he doesn't think he needs Fit or that silly Englishman to become a champion. 

Fit says how about at Big Bang they have a match. Tajiri vs Fit Finlay. If Tajiri wins, Fit will leave him alone. But if Fit wins... Tajiri joins Fit's Fight Club! 

Tajiri kicks the bag a few more times, thinks about it and then says okay, if Fit can beat him then he can be his coach.

Freestyle segment with Fit Finlay, Tajiri and Akira Hokuto - (36 rated) 

-------------------

Match 6: 

AJ Styles vs Buff Bagwell (with Johnny 'The Bull') 

AJ Styles Theme (Old Theme) - YouTube

WCW Buff Bagwell 4th Theme Song - "Buff Daddy" (With Tron) - YouTube

AJ Styles starts the match quick and catches Buff off guard who seems to have under-estimated him and taking this as an easy win that he doesn't have to work for. Johnny urges Buff on at ringside and actually manages to help him at one point when he distracts the ref and Buff gets a finger poke to the eye of AJ which halts his momentum.

AJ gets back into the match though and really makes Buff work for the win until eventually Buff gets the victory after working very hard for it.

Buff Bagwell wins via pinfall (7.30) - (55 rated) 

------------------------

After the match Buff Bagwell looks pretty frustrated with how hard AJ Styles made him work. He tells Johnny to get in the ring and the two look like they are going to dish out some post-match beat-down on the young upstart when...

Windham & Rotunda theme

Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda storm the ring, save AJ as Buff and Johnny get out of there with Buff particularly furious at them.

Freestyle segment with Buff Bagwell, Johnny 'The Bull', AJ Styles, Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda (49 rated)

--------------------

Shane McMahon promo to the audience/viewers from his office

He hypes up all of the exciting PPV matches for this Sunday's Big Bang! giving one final push to get fans to make sure they order the PPV and tune in! 

He then says it's now time for the main event which will see Harlem Heat take on DDP & Kanyon! If DDP & Kanyon wins Kanyon will get his hands on Chavo Guerrero Jr at Big Bang! If Chavo interferes he will get fired! 

Angle with Shane McMahon (97 rated) 

----------------

Main Event / Match 7

DDP & Kanyon vs Harlem Heat

Harlem Heat WCW Theme - YouTube

This is a match that gets a good amount of time with all 4 guys getting a decent showing in this one. Booker T is kept strong with DDP and Kanyon isolating him for a decent amount of the match with Stevie Ray waiting to get the hot tag. Stevie Ray eventually gets the hot tag and Harlem Heat get back in the match. 

A mistake from Kanyon at one point means he inadvertently knocks DDP off the apron whilst trying to go for Booker T. Booker T gets a Book-End in on Kanyon and sets him up for a Scissor Kick, but just like again Rob Van Dam the other week Booker pulls up when he's about to do the kick. Stevie looks worried as Booker holds his back in agony for a few seconds. Stevie tags in as Booker has a doctor checking up on him outside the ring, he's trying to wave them away as he wants to get back in the match. 

In the ring Kanyon capitalises on a mistake from Stevie Ray as he's looking over to see if his brother is there/alright. Kanyon hits a flatliner on Stevie Ray and whilst Booker manages to scramble into the ring, DDP manages to prevent him from breaking up the ref's 3 count and the ref counts 1-2-3

DDP & Kanyon beat Harlem Heat via pinfall - (12.45) - (69 rated)

-------

Post-match the commentators hype up this big win for DDP & Kanyon going into Big Bang! and confirm that it will be Kanyon vs Chavo Guerrero Jr at Big Bang! 

Tony on comms says you have to question what sort of condition Booker T will be in going into that match at Big Bang! with DDP, clearly that car hitting him is still taking its toll and whilst he may be medically cleared to compete he can't seem to hit that Scissor Kick without tweaking it.

In the ring Booker is annoyed to have lost and starts talking inaudible trash to DDP who seems bewildered by it. They lock eyes and square up to each other with DDP almost laughing at how mad Booker has got at him. 

Freestyle segment with Harlem Heat & DDP and Kanyon - (64 rated) 

-------------

Show Rating: 80 

1.07 TV rating (804K viewers) 

------------

Edited by PH71

Get your predictions in for Big Bang! 

61f440ba49750854fac47da10b75e3f8.jpg

351c4eb27582837de60efa6aed6de766.png

Triangle match to be #1 contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship - Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Psychosis vs Super Crazy

d0216335abaad5c1613f4dae0de0f9a0.png

Fit Finlay (with Dave Taylor) vs Taijri - If Finlay wins, Tajiri will join Fit's Fight Club

f19d94b25917d066e4fcef5b0a87f84d.png

Chavo Guerrero Jr vs Kanyon

5cbd5c2cdeb7c8e30c666a888ca92fa1.png

Buff Bagwell & Johnny 'The Bull' vs Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda

11e5a8b6e881681eb4c97a845e8b023e.png

Juventud Guerrera vs Shane Helms (C) for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship 

e1370ddf9806c4d4798be633e9d950e2.png

Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (C) vs The Road Warriors for the WCW World Tag Team Championships- Titles vs Careers

86ac601d16259bdb9e265fd53aff6d51.png

Lance Storm (with Mike Awesome) vs Terry Funk

07b65c87c597a65a7ad7d392e1c77c4c.png

Rob Van Dam (C) (with Bill Alfonso) vs Shawn Stasiak (with Stacy Keibler) for the WCW United States Championship 

ced4563b380eccc7a7822fb99d632d5c.png

Booker T (C) (with Sharmell) vs Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship 

Triangle match to be #1 contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship - Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Psychosis vs Super Crazy

Fit Finlay (with Dave Taylor) vs Taijri - If Finlay wins, Tajiri will join Fit's Fight Club

Juventud Guerrera vs Shane Helms (C) for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship 

Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (C) vs The Road Warriors for the WCW World Tag Team Championships- Titles vs Careers

Rob Van Dam (C) (with Bill Alfonso) vs Shawn Stasiak (with Stacy Keibler) for the WCW United States Championship 

Booker T (C) (with Sharmell) vs Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship 

• Like 1

61f440ba49750854fac47da10b75e3f8.jpg

WCW Big Bang! 

Sunday 27th May 2001

Live on PPV

37,000 crowd in Atlanta, Georgia

Bon Jovi - It's My Life (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Show opens up with Bon Jovi's 'It's My Life'

---

Tony, Arn and Scott Hudson welcome fans in the arena and at home to the first PPV of the Shane McMahon era.

To kick off the show we have a Triangle match to determine the #1 contender to the WCW Cruiserweight Championship. Shane Helms the champion helped set up this match potentially to keep busy Super Crazy and Psychosis, two strong allies of his opponent tonight, Juventud Guerrera. But Billy Kidman, despite losing to Juventud a few weeks ago to get a shot will also have a second chance at a future title opportunity after his fiancée and manager Torrie Wilson sweet-talked Eric Bischoff to get her client into the action in this match. 

----------

351c4eb27582837de60efa6aed6de766.png

Match 1: 

Billy Kidman (with Torrie Wilson) vs Psychosis vs Super Crazy to be #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Championship

Psychosis comes out first and then Super Crazy comes out after the music/titantron stops and starts again.

Tony comments on them coming out separately and not together? Does that show Helms has helped create a bit of discord within the MexiCools camp? Arn says when the Cruiserweight title is on the line it's every man for himself!

Of course if Super Crazy or Psychosis were to win this match we could even see an all-Mexicools title match in the coming weeks as if Juventud then won the belt later tonight that would pit them in direct competition against each other. "Then it would definitely be every man for himself" Arn says.

A high-flying match to kick-start the PPV in style with Kidman initially under pressure with Super Crazy and Psychosis working together but eventually Kidman manages to get back into the match. Super Crazy and Psychosis had consecutively hit their finishers on Kidman, who was down for the count, but then Super Crazy and Psychosis began arguing and having a fight about who was going to pin him. 

It looked like they were going to rock, paper, scissors for it but then Kidman in the interim throws Super Crazy out the ring and then gets to work on Psychosis. Super Crazy eventually gets back into the ring, however he is distracted by Torrie Wilson who grabs him, he shakes her off and gets in the ring but in the ensuing chaos his tag team partner Psychosis inadvertently clatters him with a super-kick originally intended for Kidman who dodged it. Kidman clears Psychosis out of the ring then hits a Shooting Star Press on Super Crazy to get the win. 

Billy Kidman wins via pinfall to be the #1 contender to the WCW Cruiserweight Championship - (14.23) - (59 rated) 

Kidman celebrates with Torrie whilst Super Crazy and Psychosis look a bit deflated and annoyed at having both lost the match and their shot at the Cruiserweight Championship with it.

----------------

Shane McMahon gets a video promo from the back where he thanks all the fans in Atlanta, Georgia for coming and the millions of fans worldwide who have bought the PPV and are watching at home. 

Shane says he wants this show to be a Big Bang! for WCW's return to the big-time. This is WCW where ANYTHING can happen. He says even tonight he's working on a deal to bring back a big name into the company and he'll give an update on this in the coming weeks with the hope to announce the new signing at The Great American Bash next month which will be live from Philadephia, Pennsylvania! That's right our next big event will be live from Philly! 

Shane says he hopes everyone enjoys the show! 

Angle with Shane McMahon (100 rated) 

--------------------

d0216335abaad5c1613f4dae0de0f9a0.png

Match 2: 

Fit Finlay (with Dave Taylor) vs Tajiri - If Tajiri wins, he joins Fit's Fight Club

This match is a hard hitting brawl with both men throughout the match getting in a lot of stiff and nasty looking strikes with Tajiri especially getting a lot kicks on Finlay. 

Dave Taylor is selling the effects of Tajiri's mist a few weeks back as he occasionally rubs his eyes in pain at ringside. As the match goes on it looks like Tajiri might well get a win in as he's on top of Finlay and the match favours the younger man with the higher stamina, but Finlay counters a kick from Tajiri and puts him in an Indian Death Lock. Finlay has it locked in very intensely and eventually Tajiri has no choice but to tap out. 

Fit Finlay wins via submission - (10.25) - (48 rated) 

After the match Tajiri looks in pain and disappointed to have had to tap out. Finlay helps him up and finally shakes his hand. 

Fit's Fight Club is born.

-------------

Backstage in the locker-room we see Kanyon getting ready for his match.

DDP wishes his friend luck ahead of his match with Chavo. DDP says he hopes Kanyon can get the win tonight and put the drama with Chavo behind him, he says Chris you could be a real star in this industry, you've got the total package, but sometimes you just need to chill out and not butt heads with the wrong people then whoever is booking the matches or giving people shots at titles will finally recognise you as the future of not just WCW but wrestling itself! 

Kanyon thanks DDP, says he's a true friend/mentor and that he hopes DDP can take home the big one tonight in the main event, whatever happens he's always got Page's back

Freestyle segment with DDP & Kanyon - (67 rated) 

------------------

f19d94b25917d066e4fcef5b0a87f84d.png

Match 3: 

Chavo looks fairly nervous coming down the ring and in the ring waiting for Kanyon to come down to it. Kanyon looks like he can't wait to get his hands on Chavo. 

The bell rings and Kanyon immediately goes for Chavo who dodges and darts out of the way. Kanyon charges at him again but this time Chavo slips out and gets a quick counter in and rolls Kanyon up for a pin. 

He gets a 1-2 count but Kanyon kicks out and this riles him up even more at almost getting stung by a quick loss like that.

As the match goes on Kanyon gets a lot of offence in and takes out a lot of frustration and aggression on Chavo. 

Kanyon eventually hits a Flatliner on Chavo and gets the win

Kanyon wins via pinfall - (10.41) - (60 rated) 

After the match Kanyon looks down at Chavo annoyed but also like he is done with him after giving him the beating he'd wanted to for several walks and he walks off to the back.

---------------------

Booker T in the back with Stevie Ray and Sharmell. 

Stevie Ray says he wishes Booker the best of luck tonight and whilst he got medically cleared again he says he's worried that every time Booker goes to hit the Scissor Kick he seems to pull up with an injury. He says Booker can't risk that tonight, maybe he should avoid the Scissor Kick as a finisher until he's fully healed from being hit by the car? 

Booker says the Scissor Kick has got him this far, got him the big gold belt 4 times, he ain't about to give it up now. He says he's been stretching and getting massages and he feels more or less 100 percent tonight and he's ready to defend the belt no matter what! 

Freestyle segment with Booker T, Sharmell and Stevie Ray (89 rated) 

--------------

5cbd5c2cdeb7c8e30c666a888ca92fa1.png

Match 4: 

WCW Buff Bagwell 4th Theme Song - "Buff Daddy" (With Tron) - YouTube

Windham & Rotunda are up for this match after their ongoing rivalry with Buff and Johnny over the last few weeks. Johnny looks particularly keen to impress his new pal Buff Bagwell and at one point in the match he seems to be looking like a Bull for real as he takes out both Windham and Rotunda and looks on fire.

Buff then tags himself in and it's his error that means Windham & Rotunda capitalise with Windham clearing Johnny off the apron before Windham & Rotunda hit their finisher on Buff for the victory. 

Barry Windham & Mike Rotunda win via pinfall - (9.39) - (54 rated)

After the match Buff Bagwell does not look happy at all

-------------------

JJ Dillon is backstage interviewing Curt Hennig

JJ comments on Curt being in good form with two impressive victories in the last few weeks on Nitro. JJ says Curt you mentioned you wanted to come back to WCW specifically to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship to prove to your son, maybe also to yourself that you're one of the best wrestlers of your generation? 

Curt says that's right of course that's why he's come back

JJ adds does it not then disappoint Curt that he's not on tonight's card getting a chance to prove himself to Shane McMahon, Eric Bischoff and the fans that you are worthy of being in the hunt for the world title? 

Curt says sure of course he's disappointed but at this point in his career he's not going to stand here and bitch and whine about being on the show or not. He'll let his in ring performances do the talking from now on and eventually it will be undeniable that Curt Hennig is the best pound for pound wrestler in this company! 

Freestyle segment with JJ Dillon and Curt Henning - (52 rated) 

---------------

11e5a8b6e881681eb4c97a845e8b023e.png

Match 5: 

Juventud Guerrera vs Shane Helms (C) for the WCW World Cruiserweight Championship

The announcers mention how Super Crazy and Psychosis came out with Juventud the other night on Nitro but not tonight, maybe they're still recovering from the match earlier. Shane Helms plan seems to have come together. Billy Kidman will surely be watching on from the back as the #1 contender. 

Shane and Juventud put on a great match with Shane Helms especially looking pretty good throughout the match. Juvi has a lot of energy and aggression which he channels well throughout but sometimes he is a bit erratic and makes a small error which Shane capitalises on. 

Shane looks to have the match won when suddenly Shannon Moore come outs from the back. 

The announcers say this must have been Shane's plan all along! Get 3 Count involved so he can help get the win. 

But Shane doesn't seem altogether too pleased at as they run down to ringside. The referee immediately heads over to Shannon Moore and tells him he can have no involvement in this match and shouldn't be out there.

Shane Helms goes over to see what's going on and it looks like Juventud in a strange turn of events might actually capitalise on this interference when all of a sudden he gets absolutely battered by Evan Karagias with the Cruiserweight Championship belt. Karagias grabs the title and runs out the ring before the referee turns around. Helms turns back around and looks fairly unsure but the ref looks at him and Juvi down on the floor as if to say well are you going to cover him or not?

Helms covers Juvi and gets the 1-2-3. 

Shane Helms wins via pinfall - (11.23) - (62 rated)

Just as Shane gets the win, Super Crazy and Psychosis come out from the ramp and down to the ring to even the odds although they're too late. Shannon Moore gets in the ring and gets Shane to move on and get out of there. Evan Karagias has the title on the outside and with Moore and Karagias' assistance they make a run for it through the crowd before the MexiCools can catch up with them.

---------------

e1370ddf9806c4d4798be633e9d950e2.png

Video Package for Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo vs The Road Warriors 

Package shows Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo winning the belts and dominated matches they've been in defending them. Clips of their promo on The Road Warriors from the other night.

Clips of The Road Warriors best bits from their history in WCW. 

Shane McMahon in an interview hypes them up as one of the best teams of all time and he's sure if they get the win tonight they'll make history for the company in the 2000's. 

Eric Bischoff says he thinks its the end of the road for the Road Warriors... they had a good run but the future is now! 

(52 rated) 
----------------

Match 6: 

Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo (C) vs The Road Warriors (Animal & Hawk) for the WCW World Tag Team Championships. Titles vs Career of the Road Warriors.

WCW Road Warriors (Remaster of recording) (26th Dec, 1988 - 28th Apr, 1990) - YouTube

The announcers hype this up as a big match with huge implications for the future of WCW's tag team division. Can the Young Guns in Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo keep their titles and put the Road Warriors down? Or will The Road Warriors collective experience help them get the belts and stake a claim as the best tag team in the world once again? 

The match starts off with a high energy feel with O'Haire and Palumbo taking turns to work on Hawk who takes a fair bit of a battering in the early stages of the match. Animal eventually gets the hot tag and is like a man possessed. He gets his team right back in it and has Palumbo on the back foot. Animal's momentum means they clear O'Haire out on the outside and Animal has Palumbo up for a Doomsday Device, but Hawk slips on the turn buckle and crashes down into both Animal and Palumbo.

This error gets O'Haire & Palumbo back in the match. Animal and Hawk don't look the same after this and the momentum shifts back to the hot young tag team O'Haire & Palumbo.

O'Haire clears Hawk from the ring who crashes down to the outside. O'Haire hits a Widow Maker and the career of the Road Warriors is over! 

1-2-3!

NO! 

Animal had his foot on the ropes at the last moment! 

O'Haire can't believe it. 

Hawk on the outside can't believe it. He looks into the ring in shock that his career isn't over. 

O'Haire is arguing with the referee when Animal uses this distraction to slam a fist into Palumbo on the apron who goes crashing down to the outside. He drops O'Haire with a clothesline and calls for a pretty shell-shocked Hawk to climb the turn buckle.

He lifts O'Haire up and Hawk clatters him from the top rope as they land the Doomsday Device this time! 

Palumbo comes charging back to the ring but Hawk just manages to get to him!

Animal gets the 1-2-3!!! 

The Road Warriors win via pinfall to become WCW World Tag Team Champions - (15.28) - (59 rated)

The announcers pop for it! 

WE HAVE NEW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS! 

The career of the Road Warriors continue and they are WCW World Tag Team Champions for the second time in their career! 

Animal celebrates in the ring, completely ecstactic at the ring. Hawk still can't quite believe they managed to pull it out the bag.

Sean O'Haire looks absolutely devastated in the ring. Chuck Palumbo helps him up and seems to be consoling him but O'Haire pushes him away a bit and walks off ahead of him with his head in his hands.

------------------

Johnny Ace in Shane's office with Eric Bischoff

Sounds like you owe me a 1,000 bucks Eric! Johnny Ace says looking at the TV screen as Road Warriors are still celebrating.

Bischoff looks fuming at the result. 

I never bet against my brother, Johnny says. 

Eric says WCW need to find the New Road Warriors not the Old ones! Johnny says age is just a number and that Animal and Hawk proved in that ring they've still got it. 

Eric isn't happy. 

Eric is taken aback when Roddy Piper walks into the office.

Roddy! Johnny says warmly greeting Piper. 

Roddy Piper??? Eric Bischoff says. You can't be serious?? What so you're going to give a fat contract to another washed up over the hill star past their prime?? No Johnny, I can't let you do this I don't want to see this guy back in the ring.

Roddy is furious.

He squares up to Bischoff.

Eric, I never liked you! I still don't like you! I've got no interest in stepping back in that ring but I'd love to whoop your ass from Atlanta, Georgia right up to Saskatoon, Canada! 

Johnny Ace calms them both down.

Johnny says Piper's career in the ring is over, but Shane wanted to add a hard-hitting interviewer and who is better on the mic than Piper? 

Roddy Piper than addresses the fans directly and says the first episode of 'Real Talk with Roddy' will be coming just as soon as Johnny Ace and Shane cross the t's and dot the i's on his contract! 

Freestyle segment with Johnny Ace, Eric Bischoff and Roddy Piper - (72 rated) 

--------------

86ac601d16259bdb9e265fd53aff6d51.png

Match 7: 

Lance Storm comes out with Mike Awesome. Storm is waving a Canada flag which the Georgia crowd are booing significantly. Mike Awesome still has the eye patch and the neck brace and scans the crowd intently. Tony on commentary mentions he's clearly still paranoid after that attack by Tommy Dreamer a few weeks ago, but let's not forget that Terry Funk doesn't appear to have any support here tonight. 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels who had his back was put on the shelf by Storm and Awesome. Awesome on the outside should be a big help for Storm in the match and Funk cuts a lonely figure out there.

Funk gets in a decent amount of offence in this match but it's clear for most of it that whilst he's got a lot of heart he's not got the stamina and work-rate of Storm who's just getting into this prime. There are a few times where Funk kind of gets back into the match but Awesome on the outside manages to halt this momentum and get Storm back on top much to the crowds distate. 

There is no help for Funk with nobody from the back or in the crowd here to bail him out this time. Funk goes out fighting though like a last gunslinger and is crawling back to his feet begging for more when Storm hits him with a super-kick to finally put him down and out of his misery. 

Lance Storm wins via pinfall - (9.53) - (65 rated) 

After the match Storm and Awesome celebrate with Awesome seeming happy the whole sorry incident with Funk/Dreamer etc is now behind them

-------------------

Rob Van Dam with Bill Alfonso in the back getting ready for his match in a hallway with Meiko Samotura 

Shane McMahon rushes past on his phone but he tells them he has to put them on hold. 

Shane says look Rob I don't have much time to talk and neither do you given you're up next... but good luck tonight champ. I know some have said they didn't trust you with that Booker T car thing that night you won the title... but that belt looks good on you and I'm glad you came to WCW where the big boys play! 

Rob says thanks but then Meiko speaks up.

Johnny Ace signed me to come to America and compete in WCW. I thank you for that, but you say this is where the big boys play, when will this be where the big girls play too? 

What do you mean, Shane asks?

Meiko says Rob Van Dam came here and he put his name on the map by winning the United States Championship... well how can any women's wrestler come here and put their name on the map if there's no Women's Championship in WCW? 

Shane says, hmm, a Women's Championship... yes... no that's a good point.. I really have to run but leave that with me guys! 

Freestyle segment with Rob Van Dam (with Bill Alfonso), Meiko Samotura and Shane McMahon (72 rated) 

---------------

07b65c87c597a65a7ad7d392e1c77c4c.png

Match 8: 

WCW Shawn Stasiak 4th Theme Song - "Stasiak Theme" (With Tron) - YouTube

The match starts hot with the crowd really behind Rob Van Dam in his first PPV outing for WCW in defence of the WCW United States Championship. 

In a match that ends up going 17 minutes both guys get a lot of offence in and Shawn Stasiak looks pretty good for most of the match with the added dynamic of Stacy Keibler and Bill Alfonso at ring-side both doing everything they can to get their guy the win. 

At one point Stacy tries to distract RVD but Alfonso gets right in her face blowing his whistle before she slaps him. Stasiak gets out the ring to get involved but RVD dives from the ring and lands onto Stasiak taking him out. 

The match ultimately ends with RVD getting the better of Stasiak with a big spinning heel kick and then he goes up for a Five Star Frog Splash with the crowd going wild as he hits it and gets the 1-2-3! 

Rob Van Dam retains the title via pinfall - (17.03) - (73 rated) 

RVD celebrates in the ring with Bill Alfonso and the United States Championship as Stacy comforts a disappointed looking Shawn Stasiak.

---------------------

ced4563b380eccc7a7822fb99d632d5c.png

Video Package for Booker T VS DDP for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. The package shows the ongoing rivalry between the two in the first 4 Nitro's with emphasis placed on DDP & Kanyon getting the win on the go home show after Booker T pulled up going for a Scissor Kick.

It shows the car incident and Booker T questioning if DDP was behind it and/or stalking his girlfriend Sharmell with DDP being utterly baffled at the accusation. 

(73 rated) 

----

Main Event / Match 9 

Booker T (C) (with Sharmell) vs Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. 

Diamond Dallas Page - Self High Five | Custom WCW Titantron - YouTube

This match has a real big match feel to it. The crowd are not entirely sure who they're behind fully in what is essentially a face vs face match for the title.

For the most part of the match the fans seem to be behind both guys to some extent, maybe just about favouring the current champ Booker T but certainly they don't mind the idea of DDP winning either.

The two put on a good match working the crowd as the match goes on with neither guy really getting the upper hand over the other.

DDP at one point goes for a Diamond Cutter out of nowhere but Booker counters it and DDP just ends up slamming himself on his back. At one point it looks like Booker might have DDP in a Scissor Kick position but DDP gets up counters with a clothelines. 

At least 10 minutes goes by with neither guy really having the upper hand but then as DDP looks to be tiring a little Booker T manages to get a second wind and gets a Book-End in on DDP who is down for a while.

The fans get excited. 

Booker knows what time it is.

Tony on commentary says this feels like a huge moment in the future of WCW. At Big Bang in the first PPV of the Shane McMahon era as WCW looks to eventually become the best wrestling company in the world once more... will it be Booker T or Diamond Dallas Page who takes them there?? Booker T is eyeing up DDP for a Scissor Kick which if he hits it's surely over... but the last two times he's gone for one of those he's pulled up injured from that car incident...

DDP gets to his feet and Booker kicks him powerfully in the chest... DDP is prone and in prime position for the Scissor Kick...

The crowd are on their feet... Tony hypes up the moment on commentary... this is it... this is a huge moment for the future of WCW and the Word Heavyweight Championship...

Booker T sees his moment...

Booker hits the ropes, his back seems fine... he's going to do it...SCISSOR-

But Booker pulls up! He seems to say who the hell is that?! 

The camera pans to the outside of the ring where Tommy Dreamer has jumped the barricade and is staring at Booker T! 

The announcers can't believe it. 

What's Tommy Dreamer doing here?? We know he hit Mike Awesome a few weeks ago in his match with Terry Funk, but what business does he have here.

Booker confronts DDP and asks him if he's behind this? DDP looks out to Tommy Dreamer and says he has no idea what's going on either. 

Suddenly Tommy Dreamer raises his fists.

Oh my god, Tony Schiavone says on commentary, Dreamer isn't alone! 

2 huge men with long hair hair and beards climb over the barricade too. Another man in a turban comes over, as does a ban with bleached blonde mid length hair with a black goatee and finally a man with short blonde hair and barbed wire tattoos on his arms with an evil menacing grin. 

What's going on here?! Tony asks and Scott Hudson says he has a bad feeling about this. 

Tommy Dreamer, the man with the turban and the man with the bleached blonde mid length hair head to the ring and start brawling with Booker T & DDP! 

They knock down Booker T first and the referee calls for the bell! Just as the referee calls for the bell Tommy Dreamer knocks him out!! 

Diamond Dallas Page wins via DQ with Booker T retaining the title (12.34) - (69 rated)

Well I think that's the end of the match but I...is this... is this some kind of invasion?! Tony asks on commentary as the two big men with long hair and beards grab several chairs after knocking out a time keeper and several security guards. Sharmell starts screaming at them but one threatens to swing a chair at her and she runs off for her life.

This is barbaric! Tony says on commentary.

Meanwhile the short haired bleach blonde man pulls out a kendo stick from under the ring and smiles at it with glee.

That's Shane McMahon! Tony says on commentary. He's coming to try and sort this mess out! 

Shane McMahon, accompanied by several security guards and also road agents Ricky Steamboat and Dave Taylor. Shane makes a beeline for the ring but blocking him in his way is the man with the kendo stick and the two big guys with the chairs.

As Booker T and DDP keep fighting in the ring the man with the kendo stick gets to work, Shane takes a big shot and goes down, then he clears out Ricky Steamboat whilst the security guards get taken down by the guys swinging the chairs. 

Dave Taylor then takes a big kendo stick shot and the 3 man wielding weapons are now most of the way up the ramp. 

The locker-room is emptying they're coming out to defend Booker T, DDP, Shane and everything WCW stands for Tony says on commentary as we see Stevie Ray and Kanyon coming out to defend Booker T and DDP but the 3 man wielding the weapons manage to take them down after Kanyon and Stevie Ray initially parry a chair shot each. We then see Fit Finlay with his new protege Tajiri, both looking tired after their match but still up for the fight, but they too are taken down relatively quickly clearly no match for the guys with weapons. 

The bleached blonde man then goes towards the barrier not far from the top of the ramp near the commentary team.

Oh god! Tony says! Are they going to start attacking the fans too?! But the bleached blonde man is heard shouting "COME ON JOEY!! CYRUS!! YOU'RE UP!!!" abig looking guy with long hair, a leather jacket and sunglasses on, as well as a much smaller guy with glasses in a suit comes over the barrier. 

"Oh no!" Tony says. That can't be! What's that little idiot doing here?! 

"Is that Don Callis with him too?" Arn Anderson asks in a confused sounding voice.

The 3 man with the weapons and the long haired guy in shades and the smaller guy in glasses then walk boldy towards the announce desk. 

Before they get there Curt Hennig, alongside Jamie Knoble, Jason Jett and Kwee Wee come out with the latter 3 all taken out fairly quickly, Curt Hennig holds his own for a little while but he's soon taken down too. 

Arn?? Tony asks, where are you going??

We see Arn Anderson get up off the desk and he stands up to the 5 men but the long haired guy in the shades takes care of him. 

"OH MY GOD ARN!!" Tony shouts as Scott Hudson gets up to and takes a kendo stick for his trouble. The smaller man and the big guy with long hair and shades then comes to the desk and tells Tony to get out of there. Tony is heard getting up and taking off his mic. He pushes the little guy and squares up to him but the little guy punches him straight in the face and he falls to the floor! 

The other 3 guys laugh at this development as we hear the little guy and the big guy with sunglasses put on two of the headsets that Tony, Scott and Arn had been using. 

We hear a high pitched voice say "WE'RE SORRY TO INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING TONIGHT WCW FANS... WE KNOW YOU PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR THIS PAY PER VIEW BUT QUITE FRANKLY WE DON'T GIVE A DAMNN!!" 

The other guy with a deeper Canadian accent says "That's right Joey! Oh look here comes a few more losers trying to defend their silly little hick south rasslin' company!" 

Shawn Stasiak, Mark Jindrak, Elix Skipper, Kid Romeo and AJ Styles pour out the locker-room but the two guys with the chairs and the guy with the kendo stick make short work of them. 

"IF YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON FOLKS LET ME MAKE A FEW INTRODUCTIONS!!" the high pitched guy says. "I'M JOEY STYLES! ALONGSIDE ME IS DON CALLIS OR YOU MAY KNOW HIM AS CYRUS THE VIRUS!!!" 

"I think the real virus Joey is WCW.. Shane McMahon... Johnny Ace... Eric Bischoff.. they don't know what the hell they're doing! You got one guy who's claim to fame in the wrestling business is being a Road Warrior's brother who's moonlighting as a Head of Talent relations, whatever the hell that means... you got another guy who damn near bankrupted this company two or three times over... and then you've got the idiot who bailed it out with his inheritance just because he thinks if he makes a go of it his Dad might say "well done, son" to him for the first time in his sorry stinkin' life! Well Shane, let me tell you, well done son! You've made a right mess of your first ever pay-per-view, great job, kid!"

"AND IF YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE FOLKS I'LL TELL YOU" Joey starts shouting "... WHEN SHANE MCMAHON AND WCW GOT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN THEY STARTED OFFERING OUT CONTRACTS TO A LOT OF THE HOTTEST FREE AGENTS IN THIS INDUSTRY... MANY OF THEM WERE MADE UNEMPLOYED WHEN EXTREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING WAS PUT OUT OF BUSINESS...  YOU WOULD THINK THAT AN OWNER AND A COMPANY LOOKING TO MAKE ITSELF THE BEST WRESTLING COMPANY IN THE WORLD WOULD SIGN SOME OF THE TOP TALENTS AND COMMENTATORS FROM THAT COMPANY... BUT DID YOU GET A CONTRACT OFFER DON??" 

"No I did not Joey!" 

"AND NEITHER DID I!! TAKE A LOOK AT THE ENTRANCE WAY FOLKS!!!" 

We see Eric Bischoff and Johnny Ace at the entrance way calling out the back and then Billy Kidman, Barry Windham, Mike Rotunda and Mike Sanders come pouring out, all of them with chairs and it looks like now there are 4 against 3 they might have a chance but as they seem to even the odds a little we then see Tommy Dreamer and the bleached blonde guy come down to support them and the number seen overwhelm Kidman, Windham & Rotunda and Sanders with the two big guys with chairs going to town on them

"IF YOU'RE WONDERING AT HOME WHO THOSE TWO CHAIR SWINGIN' FREAKS ARE.... WELL THEY'RE AXL ROTTEN AND BALLS MAHONEY... AND THEY AREEEEE THE CHAIR SWINGIN' FREAKS!!! DEEMED BY SHANE MCMAHON TO BE TOO EXTREME FOR NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!" 

Tommy Dreamer starts kicking them whilst they're down.

"I'M SURE YOU'RE AWARE BY NOW THAT MAN IS TOMMY DREAMER!" 

We see an injured looking Shane McMahon, DDP, Kanyon, Stevie Ray, Finlay and Tajiri try to sneak an attack but the guy with the kendo stick one by one takes them all out. 

"THAT IS THE SANDMAN!!!!! THE MOST VIOLENT MAN IN ALL OF WRESTLING!!! FAR TOO VIOLENT FOR NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!

The bleached blonde guy with mid length hair finally grabs Shane McMahon, pulls him up and then punches him back down to the ground.

"AND THAT IS STEVE CORINO!! 

"The King of Old School himself!" Don Callis adds. 

"And now if you take a look towards the ring you're about to see you're world heavyweight champion get put out of action for a very long time" Callis says

We see Booker T on the outside just past the ring prone and lying on a table with the big gold belt symbolically placed across his waist. 

Then in the ring we see the man in the turban point to the sky.

"HE IS HOMICIDAL....SUICIDAL...GENOCIDAL....DEATH DEFYING.....

The man in the turban springs up from the top rope in the middle of the ring and then crashes down to the outside breaking the table that holds Booker T and the world title...

"SABU!!!!"

There are some "holy shit" chants from the crowd at this. 

Bischoff and Johnny Ace look furious and shocked equally at the ramp. They call to the back and Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Rob Van Dam and Terry Funk come out. 

Lance Storm comes out first and he seems to try and negotiate with Sandman and Dreamer but they make short work of him after Sandman clatters him with the kendo stick.

"THAT'S ONE TRAITOR DOWN!!!" 

Mike Awesome, still in his eye patch and neck brace comes next and Sandman and Dreamer just laugh at him. They let Steve Corino get in a shot, then Dreamer, then Axl and Balls smash him with a chair before Sandman takes 5-6 kendo sticks shot at him.

"Oh you love to see that!" Don Callis says

"NOW THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!" Joey styles adds

Rob Van Dam is next up and he seems to be trying real hard to reason with the guys. 

"WHAT YOU'RE SEEING THERE FOLKS... IS WHEN A GUY WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LEADER OF MEN... SELL OUT TO FURTHER HIS OWN CAREER!! ROB VAN DAM WAS THE HOTTEST FREE AGENT IN WRESTLING... HE COULD HAVE LEVERAGED FOR ANY OF HIS FRIENDS AND EX-CO WORKERS AT ECW TO GET A JOB HERE LIKE A REAL ECW CHAMPION WOULD HAVE DONE... BUT HE DIDN'T GAVE A DAMN ABOUT ANY OF US... THEY OFFERED HIM A SHOT AT THE U.S TITLE AND HE FORGOT ALL ABOUT EVERYONE AT ECW!!! AND BEFORE YOU ASK IF WE WERE BEHIND THAT CAR RUNNING DOWN BOOKER T WHICH HELPED HIM GET THAT TITLE... WE WEREN'T!!! ROB VAN DAM WAS THE LAST GUY ANY OF US WANTED TO SEE WITH THE BELT!!!" 

The group then take out Rob Van Dam albeit with less enthusiasm and carnage as they did with Awesome.

We're then left with a furious Bischoff and pleading Johnny Ace telling Terry Funk, the last man left to go plead with them to stand down.

Terry Funk goes up to them asking them to stand down.

"WE GOT A LOT OF RESPECT FOR TERRY FUNK... WE AIN'T GOT NO BEEF WITH HIM... BUT IF HE GETS IN THE WAY OF THESE GUYS HE WILL GET PUT DOWN JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM!!" 

Tommy Dreamer tells Funk to go away but he won't and Funk puts his fists up ready to take on all 6 of the guys. They sort of laugh at him but also seem to kind of respect him but Dreamer punches him down and Funk goes down quite easy given he's already beaten up from earlier in the night.

Johnny Ace and Bischoff come out now furious at what's going on but they have some local state troopers in tow behind them.

"It's go time, Joey"! Don says.

Don Callis and then Joey Styles get up from the announce desk, leaving it completely radio silent and go over and smile and laughs at Bischoff and Johnny Ace.

"No Johnny! We don't need the authorities involved...we can talk it out with these guys... this ends here!!" 

We see a bloodied Shane McMahon get up who seems to have found a microphone and he stumbles towards the 6 guys as Sabu has now joined them and now Don Callis and Joey Styles are also there with Bischoff and Johnny Ace at the top of the ramp. Shane looks ready to fight them all despite the numbers advantage they have.

Sabu has now also joined them after getting up from his destruction of Booker T. 

Sandman and Dreamer and others laugh at Shane as Dreamer grabs the microphone from him. They surround Shane and Dreamer, Sandman with his kendo stick, Axl and Balls with their chairs, as well as Corino and now Sabu too corner him and walk him closer and closer to the edge of the stage near to the side of it where there is a 10-15 foot drop.

"NO SHANE..." Dreamer screams into Shane's face. "THIS IS WHERE IT BEGINS!!!" 

And then The Sandman clatters Shane with a kendo stick and Shane takes a huge bump falling down off the side of the stage 10-15 foot through some kind of vaguely padded looking table. 

Bischoff and Johnny send in the state troopers and Sandman, Dreamer, Balls, Axl, Sabu, Corino and Styles and Don Callis make a run for it whilst laughing as as the camera pans to Shane completely out of it on the floor as well as a bloodied DDP on the ground alongside a lot of other fallen bodies and the still destroyed looking Booker T with the World Heavyweight Championship on his waist crashed through the table that Sabu put him through.

Freestyle segment with Booker T, DDP, Shane McMahon, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Axl Rotten & Balls Mahoney, Steve Corino & Sabu among others - (74 rated)
-------

Show Rating: 76

4.00 rating (2M PPV buys) 

Edited by PH71

7 minutes ago, pringle1996 said:

Bret Hart come out of retirement for me after asking him if he fancied one more run which has been fun

I didn’t even know you could get retired wrestlers on the game to do that. What’s his match performance like? :D