The Spectacular Legacy of The AWA...

Logo.thumb.png.eec4041bef11093109a7e17f64586f0c.png

This will probably be my final attempt at a dynasty. Giving the AWA one final swing because out of all the booking scenarios I have tried. This one I have always loved the most...here's hoping we can stick to it...

Introduction

Pro Wrestling Illustrated Exclusive! (Kayfabe)

The American Wrestling Association has officially announced a change in it's power structure as the New Year rolls in. Long running authority figure, Wally Karbo who has been with the company since its establishment in 1960 and in fact helped with the very founding of the company, has stepped down and allowed former AWA wrestler, established veteran and legend, Verne Gagne to take over the position as running the day to day operations of the company as what the company is now coining as the AWA "President". After all, America has a President running ITS day to day operations. It only makes sense the AMERICAN Wrestling Association has one as well. Gagne is already implementing changes to the show we will see in the weeks to come, vamping up the announce team, making some exciting signings and looking to capitalize on the momentum the company is gaining as the hot feud in the AWA right now is rising star Hulk Hogan, who looks to be setting his eyes on none other than the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Bockwinkel!

Out of Kayfabe

Verne has made the decision nobody in the company ever thought he would make. He's handing the reigns of power over to his son Greg. Greg had been groomed to run the company one day. But everyone knows Verne. He's stubborn, set in his ways. Greg probably wasn't going to get a hold on things until the old man had passed away. Yet here we are. It seems the decision caused the resignation of co-founder Wally Karbo, who saw this as writing on the wall that for better or for worse, things were going to change in the company. While Greg has always been supportive of his father's decisions in the running of the company, he has also been wanting to inject a little bit of life into the product. The AWA is home to some of the best talkers in the business. Bockwinkel, Hogan, Bobby Heenan, Heck even Mean Gene Okerlund as an announcer. But the in ring? Snooze fest outside of a couple matches here and there. Fans clearly get excited for Hogan...and Bockwinkel is such a great talent he could pull a great match if he was in ring against a mop..but everything is so old school. Verne books like it's still the 1960's. For a while that worked. It's gotten the AWA to where it is, here today after all...but it's clear if things don't change, and don't change soon. Tragedy could strike. If there was ever a time the AWA should shift gears and change the product. It's now. So maybe the old man came to his senses and saw that. Instead opting to take an on screen role. Acting as the authority figure while keeping the fact that Greg is actually running the show as personal, need to know business.

• Like 1

CHAMPIONS ROLE CALL

AWAWorld.jpg.7140253c66d67019b9a7783ede675f35.jpg

AWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

NickBockwinkel3.jpg.3cee2dd121bde2bb3881a5ceb7fe86bc.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

Current Reign- October 1982- Current Day

The AWA World Heavyweight Championship might not carry the same prestige as the NWA counterpart does, but to ignore the importance of the belt is a foolish endeavor. The championship was created after all, along with the establishment of the AWA as a company, when Verne Gagne seperated from the NWA and decided to operate independently. The very first champion was Pat O' Connor, who had won the NWA World Championship the year prior. However after failing to defend the title within ninety days, the belt was awarded to AWA Patriarch, Verne Gagne. From then the belt has seen a rich history of professional wrestling legends hold the belt. Obviously Verne Gagne, already mentioned, who held the belt a grand total of nine times. but the belt has also been held by the likes of Fritz Von Erich, The Crusher, Dick The Bruiser, Mad Dog Vachon and now, for the second time...it is being held by "Predominantly the best athlete in the sport of professional wrestling today!"- Nick Bockwinkel. The man who holds the honour of retiring Verne Gagne and putting an end to his final title reign. Bockwinkel seemingly stands unopposed in the AWA for the time being. Despite the rumblings of a potential contender in Hulk Hogan, Bockwinkel has shown time and time again just why it is he holds the belt...

AWALight.jpg.5f3eb52ee15071ba1dcd7d4039e76d3b.jpg

AWA WORLD LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

MikeGraham.jpg.8f71d38384f8f5ac1ff6a8deeca1110a.jpg

Mike Graham

Current Reign-June 1981 to Current Day

The World Light Heavyweight Championship is still a young belt, especially in comparison to the Heavyweight counterpart. Established only two years ago and still being held to this day by the inaugural champion, Mike Graham. The hopes are that a Light Heavyweight division can truly grow as although there is a championship, there being a true division for both Light Heavyweight, and Heavyweight championships has not yet been established. Perhaps this can be achieved now as AWA is starting to change tact and a true division can be established to help keep the legitimate, athletic competition that Verne Gagne wishes to keep alive evolving into a more modern presentation.

AWATag.jpg.009e65b861b8aac2e638187983133b61.jpgAWATag.jpg.009e65b861b8aac2e638187983133b61.jpg

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS

GregGagne85.jpg.9f23ac69a4a26dcaa340500ccfdd1ce8.jpgJimBrunzell85.jpg.4244eeaf3e2b8323555b7b4b1187fd42.jpg

The High Flyers (Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell)

Current Reign, June 1981- Current Date

The AWA World Tag Team Championships, like the World Championship have been around since the establishment of the company since the 1960's and have seen many legendary teams hold the belts over those decades, Teams like Larry Hennig & Harley Race, The Crusher & Dick The Bruiser, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, and now the belts are currently owned and defended by Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell who have had a lengthy run with the belts. However danger is rising for the current champions, as their reign may be under threat by Sheik Adnan0AlKaissey and his clients, Jerry Blackwell & Ken Patera...

Having a big three of Hogan, Martel and Hennig would've set the AWA for the entirety of the 80s, man. I even created a few storylines of my own using this scenario in my no Vince TL.

-Hogan defeating Bockwinkel in a rematch using his japanese style, which he would've used a bit more in the AWA in matches where he needs to be absolutely serious. This will then lead to Hogan feuding with Heenan and whatever cronies he'd bring in.

-Curt Hennig vs Bockwinkel over bockwinkel saying that the hennigs have always been inferior to him, which will lead to Curt winning to start his push. Then, he faces Rick Martel for the midcard belt, which would lead to them transitioning to main event alongside Hogan.

-Martel would be tag teaming at first before getting his first singles push with his rivalry with Hennig starting initially for the newly created midcard belt, a rivalry that would then transition to the world title scene. In my version, martel's team was the can-am connection with the Z-man Tom Zenk, but if Santana stayed, then that would've made a worthy rival for him for the midcard belt, plus, it would've been a good opportunity to form strike force.

-to consolidate its position in Canada, since the AWA already had the Winnipeg territory all by themselves, i figured that a working agreement with Stampeded and Montreal would be beneficial, since it would allow them to hosts shows in Montreal to take advantage of Rick Martel, and also to get fresh talents on the roster.

-for tag teams, there was plenty of good tag teams, with Can-Am connection (or Strike Force, if Tito stays), the high flyers, Ventura and Adrian Adonis, the olympians and especially the road Warriors...however, i believe that the road warriors would've still have left, since in real life, they never really stuck around a promotion for too long. Thankfully, with the other mentioned teams and the agreements with Stampede and Montreal as well as the rockers, there would be enough depth that the road warriors departing would not be that big a deal.

-a light heavyweight division is something i haven't really considered, considering there is a lack of non-japanese and mexican juniors in that time period. The only ones i know that could work are Dynamite Kid, Rollerball Rocco, Lanny Poffo and Joe Savoldi. The Guerreros were wrestling, though i figure Hector and Mando would be more of a tag team, which would lead Chavo Sr. For singles, and Chavo Sr. Was already pretty old at this point.

But yeah, curious how this one will unfold

Edited by kinnikuniverse
  • Like 2

ALL-STAR WRESTLING

WEEK 1 PREDICTION CARD

Buck Zumhofe VS. Mike Graham

The sooner we are rid of rock n roll Zumhofe, the better.  Has nothing to do with his personal character, he just sucked.  He would be a good light heavyweight jobber I guess

Mike Boyette VS. Rick Martel

Martel with a win to start his push towards a shot at Bockwinkel

Boris Breznikoff VS. Jake Milliman

I forgot Nikolai went by this name briefly.  

Bobby Duncum VS. Tito Santana

im going to go with the mild upset here with Hennan (assuming he is still representing Duncan here)helps cause a distraction for a tainted win

• Like 1

Writers Note: Credit To OGpistolpete and their WCCW Diary for inspiring me to do the worker images the way they are presented here.

Week 1, January, 1983.

Introduction

MeanGene.jpg.f7978bf5d26e1379d592bda2bd361e27.jpgJimRoss.jpg.c8e493676dd3ac28bb135b40feb99031.jpg

Gene Okerlund

"Ladies and gentlemen good evening and welcome to ALL STAR WRESTLING! The premier wrestling product, brought to you by the premier wrestling company, The American Wrestling Association and tonight ladies and gentlemen I am joined by my new broadcast colleague. Mr. Jim Ross."

Jim Ross

Pleasure to join you here tonight and hopefully many more nights to come Gene. Folks we got a great night ahead of us. Fan favourite Tito Santana in the Main Event this evening, facing off against The Cowboy Bobby Duncum you'll certainly want to stay tuned for that!

Gene Okerlund

We also have another favourite Rick Martel in single's action tonight and ladies and gentlemen, after that match Jim here will be interviewing Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey who wants to present to the AWA his clients who he says, will soon become the World Tag Team Champions!

Jim Ross

Mean Gene's also got a special segment coming up with AWA Veteran, Wahoo McDaniel who says he has got something very special he wants to announce to the fans watching across the country this evening. But folks up first, we have the Light Heavyweight Champion in action. Mike Graham, going one on one against "Rock N' Roll" Buck Zumhofe.

Opening Match

Non Title

Zumhofe.jpg.4b5d49384aa107a06b26dc4a0e6ffc48.jpg  VS. Graham.jpg.045425803ab416e075b2c3f718d41ee0.jpg

Buck Zumhofe VS. Mike Graham

We initiate the evening's action with a Light Heavyweight bout which saw decent wrestling, mostly carried by AWA Light Heavyweight Champion, Mike Graham. Which is a testament as to why it is Graham currently holds the belt in the first place. Buck seemed too preoccupied being "Rock N' Roll" while Mike was ready for wrestling and while the match lasted eight minutes due to Buck putting up a decent fight. It was really no surprise that Graham pulled out the win.

Rated: 49

Second Match

Boyette.jpg.84a25f7ec9054b20c9eb0b12632a5b5c.jpg  VS. Martel.jpg.07d49b26a49843b19c94e719a4280195.jpg

Mike Boyette VS. Rick Martel

The action ramps up as our second match gets underway, as fan fave Rick Martel faces off against the beastly Mike Boyette! This match surprisingly got more heat than expected as the two worked together pretty well. The story in the match was simple but effective. David VS. Goliath. A tale as old as time but it worked. Boyette had the clear size advantage in this match and perhaps that helped with the way these two men worked together as he started off with the momentum and heat in the match and more importantly, he looked as if he actually posed a threat to Martel with that manic look in his eyes as he stomped around the ring, throwing Martel around like a rag doll! Martel would manage to pull off the comeback however, and used his quick athleticism to whip around Boyette and wrestle him down to the mat! In true David and Goliath style. David beat Goliath and Martel beat Boyette at the ten minute mark!

Rated: 57

Shaking The Foundations...

JimRoss.jpg.c8e493676dd3ac28bb135b40feb99031.jpgAdnan.jpg.22aef5db074698331076ab054df9bdea.jpg

We come back from commercial and Jim Ross is in the AWA interview area, joined by Sheik Adnan who has been on a crusade to Destroy the AWA from within! Desperately searching for AWA Competitors to corrupt into Sheik's of his own, that he can use as the new, rising dominant force to take the AWA by storm...

Jim Ross

Ladies and Gentlemen Jim Ross here, joined by Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie and folks, some of you may remember Sheik Adnan has been on a search-

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie

A CRUSADE!

Jim Ross

A crusade...to find, to discover, to hone and to craft clients of his own to take the AWA by storm and he is joining me here this evening, I believe to announce that he has found said clients, is that correct Sheik Adnan?

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie

THAT IS CORRECT JIM ROSS! I have made it NO SECRET! I am here to DESTROY THE AMERICAN WRESTLING ASSOCIATION FROM WITHIN! TO SHAKE THE AWA, AT IT'S VERY FOUNDATIONS! AND JIM ROSS I HAVE FOUND THE VERY MEN BIG ENOUGH AND STRONG ENOUGH TO DO IT!

Jim Ross

But why Sheik?! Why such dedication!? Why such commitment...why si it your mission to DESTROY the AWA, what has the AWA done to you?!

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie

It isn't what the AWA has done to me Jim Ross...IT IS WHAT AMERICA HAS DONE TO ME! AMERICA HAS TREATED ME LIKE AN OUTSIDER FROM THE VERY BEGINNING! THEY CALL THIS PLACE THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITY! THEY SAY NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, OR WHERE YOU COME FROM, YOU HAVE A CHANCE IN AMERICA BUT THIS IS ALL LIES JIM ROSS! The only thing America has done for me? IS CAUSE ME NOTHING BUT AGONY...and so I will make sure the American people has a share in my agony...and the only way to do that is to ruin the things they love...and what could the American people love more, Jim Ross...than the AMERICAN WRESTLING ASSOCIATION! THE AWA REPRESENTS THE AMERICAN PEOPLE...But soon...very soon...it will represent ME...SHEIK ADNAN AND MY TWO NEW CLIENTS!

Blackwell.jpg.a3cb0c2bf3926cdf796295041bee8e3c.jpgPatera.jpg.643f02919952e0df1b37ab253a6f3cef.jpg

At that moment Sheik's new clients come towering into the frame. Two of the biggest men on the roster and the fear in the audience is palpable! It's Big man Jerry Blackwell and The Strongest Man In The World Ken Patera!  Some fans boo but others recoil in fear out of what these two men and Sheik Adnan might do if they go too far over the line in showing their hatred for these new clients of the Sheik!

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie

LOOK AT THEM JIM ROSS! LOOK AT MY CLIENTS AND TREMBLE IN TERROR! THESE TWO ARE EASILY THE BIGGEST AND STRONGEST MEN IN THE ENTIRE AWA! THESE TWO MEN, JUST LIKE ME JIM ROSS...HAVE BEEN OVERLOOKED AND UNDER APPRECIATED! WELL NO LONGER! 

Jim Ross

B-but why?! Especially you Ken? This is low even for YOU! YOU USED TO REPRESENT THIS COUNTRY! 

Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie

AND WHAT DID THIS COUNTRY DO TO REWARD HIM FOR HIS SERVICES JIM ROSS?! NOTHING! Well The Sheik will reward him...The Sheik will reward him with Gold! THE SHEIK WILL REWARD BOTH OF THESE MEN WITH TAG TEAM GOLD! YOU HEAR ME HIGH FLYERS?! THE AWA WILL BECOME MINE AND I'M STARTING WITH YOU ME...AND MY SHEIKS! WE'RE COMING FOR YOU...WHETHER YOU LIKE IT NOT! COME ON BOYS WE'RE DONE HERE!

Rated:48

Third Match

Breznikoff.jpg.fa3c38238e74265a74f610289cf31c3f.jpg  VS. Milliman.jpg.8cd47d16aa45581075142099f2e18860.jpg

Boris Breznikoff VS. Jake Milliman

Not really much to say about this match other than it was a clear and obvious dominating performance by Boris Breznikoff. "The Ruthless Russian" as Jim Ross had coined as a nickname for him certainly earned his name, but unfortunately it left the fans unimpressed, as despite the little time this match had, it seemed these two men did not even click at all and caused for a lack of interest.

Rated: 30

One Last Shot At Greatness...

MeanGene.jpg.f7978bf5d26e1379d592bda2bd361e27.jpgWahoo.jpg.3fe2e39f5f62eed67d8c0e49ad2e0b7c.jpg

We come from commercial to see Mean Gene in the AWA interview area, with the blue background and AWA logo behind him. Standing beside him is one of the wrestling legends of the company and the business entire. Wahoo McDaniel, clad in his Native American head dress and all. Wahoo's face looks forlorn, concerned, like an incredible weight is sitting upon him that he cannot lift.

Gene Okerlund

"Ladies and Gentlemen Gene Okerlund here, joined right now by a man who is a veteran of not only the AWA, but of the sport of wrestling entirely, a man we all know, love and respect...Wahoo McDaniel! Wahoo, from my understanding you've been thinking long and hard these past few weeks and you have some very strong...and maybe some very emotional thoughts to share with us here this evening is that right?"

Wahoo McDaniel

"That's right Gene I've had a lot on my mind...for quite a while if I'm honest with you. I've done a lot in my life so far Gene...from my days in the NFL with the Houston Oilers, New York Jets, Denver Broncos and Miami Dolphins, to travelling around the country wrestling against some of the greatest names this sport has ever seen, the likes of Superstar Billy Graham and Johnny Valentine...and I got to thinking how the fans of the AWA especially have had stood by my side through it all, through thick and thin. Through good and bad, the AWA fans have always had my back and I will forever be grateful for that. I want to give them everything I got...for however long I got left, but Gene I got to be honest with you. I'm worried...I'm concerned, I might not have much longer left with not much left to give in this sport...I'm forty four years old Gene...it gets a little harder to move around every now and then...a little pain in places I never used to get it...and I'm becoming more and more aware...and more and more worried...that the day I have to hang up my boots might be drawing nearer...and I really hope I'm wrong."

Gene Okerlund

"Wahoo what are you saying?! I understand time takes it's toll on all of us and yes that might cause worry, that might cause doubt but I think I speak for every fan in attendance, for all the fans watching at home! You still have plenty in the tank! You've got a lot more years left in you Wahoo! Don't let doubt cloud your mind!"

Wahoo McDaniel

"Well thank you Gene I appreciate your kind words and I do think you hit the nail on the head there, though I don't think you realised it...doubt is clouding my mind. That's true...and do you know why?"

Gene Okerlund

"Why Wahoo? What's brought all this to the surface?!"

Wahoo McDaniel

"In all my time in the AWA...I have never won the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. I've beaten the odds, I've faced down athletes of all shapes and sizes, I've passed on my wisdom to the next generation of wrestlers. I have all the achievements an athlete can be proud of EXCEPT...The AWA World Heavyweight Championship...that's why my mind is so clouded with doubt Gene. I just haven't been able to do it...and I'm afraid it might be too late!"

Gene Okerlund

"Wahoo I see no reason for you to take a shot at the Championship! You've got as much claim as anyone else does in that locker room, if not more BECAUSE of all you've done in this business!"

Wahoo McDaniel

"Yeah maybe I do...but I won't know for sure unless I try Gene. It's an unanswered question which keeps circling my mind...can I do it? Can I take one last shot at greatness? It's what I want Gene...it's what I need...more than anything else in the world. just an answer to that question...can I do it? When I know the answer to that question...then I'll know the answer to all the rest of 'em too..."

Things get interrupted by the screams of the fans watching in the crowd, as out of frame of the camera, who suddenly comes into the frame, is rising superstar and arguably the biggest fan favorite in the company right now. The Incredible Hulk Hogan! He isn't out here grand standing and showboating like one might expect. No. No posing or placing his hand to his ear. He's holding his hands out to the crowd, trying to calm them down. He understands and appreciates their love for him, but for once. This isn't about him.

Hogan.jpg.6f3a7e7638444a8c578a106966e34356.jpg

Hulk Hogan

"Wahoo I'm sorry brother, but I had to come out, because I just couldn't quite believe what I was hearin' backstage dude! What are you talkin' about man? Hangin' up the boots?! Doubtin' yourself like this? It ain't right dude! You're a LEGEND in this sport Wahoo! You're the REASON a lot of guys even got a shot in this business! I remember the cold days training with you in Minnesota Wahoo. I remember my arms shaking from the cold, askin' myself if I'd even be able to move 'em, let alone lift the weights brother! But having you as one of my mentor's havin' you there by my side, giving me the knowledge, giving me the motivation, sharing the experience...well all of a sudden those cold days didn't feel so cold any more dude! A day with Wahoo was a good day in my books man!"

Wahoo McDaniel

"Well thank you for the kind words Hogan...they certainly mean a lot coming from you. I remember you coming in as a young man and I remember those cold days in Minnesota just as well as you do. It wasn't the best place to train by any means, but it's what we had, so I did my best with it...and to see you standing here in front of me...knowing where you are, with all the people here, and many more watching at home supporting you, wanting you to be the number one contender..."

Hulk Hogan

"Don't you worry about me right now Wahoo! This ain't about me brother! This is about YOU! This is about gettin you out of your own head, this is about showing you just how great you really are...and if I have to put my championship dreams on hold in order to do that? So be it! Because it's the least I can do for you to pay you back for what you did for me brother! My time in the sun will come, I know it! And I think the fans will understand me putting that time off for a little while so we can give you yours, dude!"

Wahoo McDaniel

Hulk...I appreciate the offer. I really do...but I can't accept it. You've earned your position! I mean listen to how the fans react when you show up! They want YOU right now...I just don't have it in me to take away another wrestler's opportunity in order to have mine. So thank you for the offer...but no thank you.

Hulk Hogan

I'm not takin' no for an answer brother I'm tellin' you, right here, right now dude YOU ARE THE NUMBER ONE- 

Hulk is cut off as the fans in attendence suddenly ring out in a chorus of boos. What's this? The AWA Faithful, booing Hulk Hogan?! It can't be! IMPOSSIBLE! No! They aren't...it becomes quite clear exactly who it is drawing their ire as the camera pans over to see the two most hated men in the company. AWA World Heavyweight champion, Nick Bockwinkel, carrying the belt upon his shoulder and by his side, that little WEASEL manager of his, Bobby Heenan!

Bockwinkel.jpg.00af4b7f861aa91a9c30b8d4ad98d3f4.jpgHeenan.jpg.67cd50811f7c928078ff618c4b27709d.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

"Well look what we have here Bobby...an incredibly fortuitous opportunity that these two have provided for us all here this evening! The unfortunate circumstance being that I don't think either of them quite fathom the reality of their scenario at this moment in time, do they?"

Bobby Heenan

"You think either of them realize exactly what they have gotten themselves into? Not for a moment! IT'S A SURPRISE THEY CAN EVEN LACE THEIR BOOTS WITHOUT TRIPPING OVER THEIR OWN FEET!"

Nick Bockwinkel

"I'm sure if we inspected their boots thoroughly we'd probably find their laces tucked in Bobby but that's besides the point at hand! Well gentlemen...I shall put it to you both simply, not only because I am more than fully cognizant of the fact that intellectually speaking, you are both incredibly incapable of comprehending the complexities of the situation that you find yourselves in...but please, do not be offended, because I'm also incredibly aware that right now we find ourselves on television and standing before an audience and when we compare their collective intellect to yours? Well they make you look like graduates of Harvard with honors...so do not concern yourselves about your comprehension skills...I will lower my standards of elocution, albeit momentarily, in order to make things completely comprehendible not only to yourselves, but for all of the...unwashed humanoids in attendance and watching at home this evening.

You see gentlemen the situation is as simple as this...both of you can sit here and declare one another contenders for the World Heavyweight Championship as much as you like. Please, for my sake, waste weeks, even months doing it. It will save me the time and the effort having to wrestle either of you. Unfortunately that is a burden I accept that I may have to carry regardless, because the competition in this company? It's null and void...non existent...so if you two are truly that the best that the AWA have to offer at this moment in time...and neither of you seem to want to claim the, very much open position of number one contender out of some sense of...what is it? Loyalty? Friendship? Respect? Meaningless trinkets in the grand scheme of things but if those emotions truly restrict either of you from doing what...ultimately will need to be done and claiming the number one contendership...the way obviously seem to be...then the answer, I'm afraid...is quite simple...a number one contender's match is required..."

Hulk Hogan

"SEE I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING BEHIND YOU COMIN' OUT HERE BOCKWINKEL! You're just trying to pit me and Wahoo against one another instead! You're playing games Bockwinkel! Instead of facing one of us like the fightin' champ you claim to be!"

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO HIM LIKE THAT! THIS MAN IS YOUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?! HE DESERVES TO BE SPOKEN TO WITH RESPECT! NOT SMEARED WITH THESE FALSE ACCUSATIONS!"

Nick Bockwinkel

"It's ok Bobby we shouldn't expect any more from such a hyperactive buffoon such as him. On the contrary Hogan...I am simply informing you of the rules of engagement. You have both made it crystal clear...here on television, in front of hundreds, if not thousands of witnesses, with thousands, if not hundreds of thousands more watching at home...neither of you wishes to claim the contender's spot out of some sense of...respect, decency, or friendship to the other. Rather droll, predictable behavior if you ask me Bobby."

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

"You could see it happening in your sleep champ!"

Nick Bockwinkel

"Too true...but that leaves us with a very clear cut path from here...and if you don't believe me...then please, turn to our beloved AWA President...mister Verne Gagne and I think you'll soon find, that despite our differences? He WILL end up agreeing with me. At this point? A contender must be declared! In fact? After hearing what I've heard here tonight. I refuse to face either of you until a number one contender is officially declared, which at this point? Can only happen as a result of a competitive match."

Hulk Hogan

"IT'S NOT GONNA' HAPPEN BOCKWINKEL!"

WahooMcDaniel

"You can't make us fight one another!"

Nick Bockwinkel

"True I can't...in which case I suppose Mister Gagne will have to organize an alternative match to declare a contender...those are your choices gentlemen...either face one another...or forfeit your opportunities. I'd like to tell you I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but I'd be lying...think long and hard gentlemen and please, do try not to hurt yourselves doing it. I look forward to hearing your decision. Good evening."

The two men leave smirking to another round of booing and jeering from the fans, leaving both Wahoo and Hogan absolutely gobsmacked as they look to each other hesitantly. In their moment of respect and admiration for each other. They have seemingly signed their own fate, at least according to the World Champion, which should be taken with a grain of salt. We're going to have to hear from AWA President Verne Gagne on this! Because if the champ is right! Then the options are as he stated. Either Hogan and Wahoo face each other...or an alternative must be found...and the fans certainly don't want either of these men to lose their opportunity...

Rated: 81

Main Event

Duncum.jpg.8e80afa5ce6e1c3e05604a82a4c6437a.jpg VS. Santana.jpg.c507332867f7b05affcff9dfc42ed8e6.jpg

The Main Event saw the show being closed with a good bout of wrestling as Tito Santana and Bobby Duncum engaged in a back and forth contest. Which saw Manager Bobby heenan try to get involved early on in the match but the referee was having none of it and instead of calling for a DQ, he actually ejected Bobby from the match! Which caused celebrations from the crowd and meant for once, Bobby Heenan couldn't weasel his client to a victory! The match soon resumed and we saw that when on his own, Duncum could still hold up. He had the in ring ability and more importantly he had the power, to take control of the match and put Tito into a precarious position. But Tito would fight back! Using the support of the fans to fuel his fire! Delivering shots to the gut of Duncum from the corner, fighting his way out! Giving himself some space! But meanwhile, screams emerge from the crowd, as marching down towards the ring, holding on to his arm as his hand swings around, formed in a threatening claw...

Baron.jpg.e44752d6ab39fbd496e68f0827c21786.jpg

It's Baron Von Raschke!

"What in the world is he doing here?! Someone get security! Get him out of here, he has no business being here!"- Jim Ross

The ref turns his back to the action as he sees Baron trying to get in and he keeps pivoting about to try and stop him so the in ring action can continue, The Baron tries to get in and the ref even has the courage and the nerve to try and kick and stomp at the Baron's hands, causing the Baron to pull away and move around the ring to try and find another point of entrance, at which point, ring side security was gathering. meanwhile behind him Duncum takes advantage of the distraction happening outside! Delivering a low blow to Santana and rolling him up for a small package for the pin! Baron points to the in ring as he's getting dragged away by security and the referee turns, he sees the pin! But he didn't see the low blow! Duncum picks up the win, thanks the distraction of The Baron! What in the world was that all about?! We'll have to find out next time folks! We're all out of time here for this edition of All-Star Wrestling!

Rated: 51

Overall: 56

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sonny912 said:

Nice work on your first show. Hey, if Jim Ross is part of awa does that mean mid-south/uwf stars will show up? Right now guys like the freebirds, Junkyard Dog, the midnight express, mr wrestling ii and magnum t.a  would be awesome to have.

I'll never say never to any of these names showing up. But following the ethos of wrestling. I like to keep my booking ideas, especially new signings as secret as I can until I'm ready to debut them. I have, for example, already made a few signings but I am booking them strictly on the weekly AWA Tour shows for now for a few reasons. One to get them some exposure to the AWA base audience and gain them popularity. Two to see who they pair up well with and three. Get them ready for TV. The weekly events are essentially acting as my B Show right now until I get AWA to a point where they can ACTUALLY have a B Show. Part of why I'm not posting those cards is because it would spoil people I've signed. And also. Focusing one one show write up and monthly events is enough workload for me XD

ALL-STAR WRESTLING

PREDICTIONS WEEK 2

Boris Breznikoff VS. Buck Zumhofe

Hopefully Boris puts and end to this version of rock n roll 

Curt Hennig. VS. Rene Goulet

A very young Curt Hennig should get a nice win over the veteran.

Brad Rheingans VS. Greg Gagne

This does smell like a babyface draw of some kind especially if it’s a 10-minute time limit.  But will now Booker Greg give himself a win?  Or will he give the Olympian a well deserved win.  Just to be different, I’ll go with Rheingans with a quick roll up

MAIN EVENT

Baron Von Raschke VS. Rick Martel

Looking for more shenanigans but I think Martel pulls out a win versus Da Baron

• Like 2

Notable News:

Georgia Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Federation have declared war on one another. 

Pacific Northwest Wrestling lost its television deal due to the broadcaster being unhappy.

Maple Leaf Wrestling lost its television deal due to the broadcaster being unhappy.

Week 2, January, 1983

Introduction

MeanGene.jpg.39a26f86cab0a43a80099cd100f7ca73.jpgJimRoss.jpg.45229a50f5933a020caa6305350b0394.jpg

Gene Okerlund

Welcome everyone to another edition of ALL-STAR WRESTLING, brought to you by the premier wrestling product in America today, the American Wrestling Association! Gene Okerlund here joined once again by my broadcast partner Jim Ross and Jim? An interesting show ahead of us tat's for certain!

Jim Ross

Absolutely Gene, our Main Event this evening Baron Von Raschke will be facing off one on one against fan favorite, Rick Martel and questions certainly linger regarding the Baron's behavior LAST WEEK in the Main Event match where he distracted Tito Santana and caused him to lose his match against Bobby Duncum! Well folks, Gene here will be trying to get an explanation from The Baron here tonight as to his motivations behind his behavior and we hope we won't see any shenanigans again this week in the Main Event!

Gene Okerlund

We also hope to bring you developments regarding The World Heavyweight Championship. Last week we saw hopeful contender Hulk Hogan, sharing a moment of admiration, respect and friendship with veteran Wahoo McDaniel, who in a moment of doubt shared with us his concerns with the future of his career. Well hearing what Wahoo was saying offered Wahoo an open road to the World Heavyweight Championship and folks? Champion, Nick Bockwinkel presented a very interesting and concerning scenario for these two men who respect one another. He made it plain and simple and clear for all to hear, that with neither man wanting to stand in the other's way, a match needed to happen, or he would refuse to face either of them! Well tonight, Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel have told me they are going to get clarification from the AWA President himself, Verne Gagne!

Jim Ross

Also folks, keep an eye tonight on the Greg Gagne match we have coming up as one half of the tag team champions is in action. With a new, threatening and dare I say...BEHEMOTH challenge laid at the feet at The High Flyers last week, one has to wonder what mindset he may be in as he prepares for action later tonight.

Gene Okerlund

But ladies and gentlemen starting you off this evening, The Ruthless Russian, Boris Breznikoff, looking to continue making examples out of wrestlers across America starting the action off this week against Rock N' Roll, Buck Zumhofe.

Opening Match

Breznikoff.jpg.938d136702650f622f300843fadd84f1.jpg VS. Zumhofe.jpg.1b547f49f36c68b1ca56dd4e4ab81eae.jpg

Certainly a better match up to start off the evening than the previous Breznikoff bout against Milliman last week, but similar fare in that it was a clear showing of absolute dominance on the part of Boris Breznikoff. He absolutely dominated Buzk in what almost became a concerning display of strength as Boris suplexed and tossed Zumhofe all around the ring, hitting him over the back with hard, clubbing forearms, tossing him with a suplex which caused him to bound into the ropes and fold over himself like an accordion! It all came to an end with a tight grasped Russian Bear Hug from Breznikoff which caused Zumhofe to fall unconscious and the match to be called by the ref after dropping Zumhofe's arm three times! Breznikoff wins in dominating fashion six minutes in to the show.

Rated: 42

Second Match

Hennig.jpg.58fad9dd604cb1e5d260d1881dc60cfb.jpg VS. gOULET.jpg.c3001ba41b7f2271cf58cc432669aad0.jpg

Curt Hennig VS. Rene Goulet

A great showcase of skill for the second match which told a great story of the young up and comer facing off against the established veteran with years of experience. It was clear that Hennig had the speed and the athleticism behind him thanks to his youth and natural ability, but Goulet showed us that he still had it in him to meet an opponent where they were at and he managed to cut down Hennig's momentum off multiple times with sly tricks that showed his experience. A stomp to the boot which was followed by a snap suplex, an eye gouge followed by a quick, snappy forearm across the cheek so the referee couldn't tell what Goulet was doing. A running knee to the face of Hennig after being driven down into a seated position. Goulet certainly made Hennig work for it in this match and was no push over, but Hennig would manage to get the upper hand over Goulet, after delivering a running knee to the gut, he managed to get Goulet into position for a Hennig Plex, performed perfectly by the way, to pick up the win.

Rated: 54

"Treue Zu Meinem Land"

MeanGene.jpg.39a26f86cab0a43a80099cd100f7ca73.jpgBaron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpg

We cut to the interview area where Gene is standing in front of the AWA logo, microphone in hand, as entering the frame, clad in a long, red, hooded robe was the tall, lanky, skinny but imposing figure of none other than Baron Von Raschke, who pulls off the hood of the robe to reveal his bald head and gnarly face, snarling at the camera like a mad animal, running his tongue over his lips and laughing to himself 

Gene Okerlund

Ladies Gene Okerlund here, joined right now by the man who certainly got some attention after his behaviour last week, Baron Von Raschke, and Baron, the people want to know what your issue with Tito Santana is!! Why did you do what you did last week in his match, showing your face, causing the distraction and costing him the victory?!

Baron Von Raschke

WHY SHOULDN'T I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TITO SANTANA?! You tell me Gene? Why shouldn't the Baron have done what he did last week?!

Gene Okerlund

Well Tito hasn't done anything to you!

Baron Von Raschke

To me? Naturlich! Naturally he has not done anything to me! He should know better to do anything to The Baron! He would live to regret it for the rest of his days! But you ask me why I got involved in his match?! It's simple Mean Gene! It's because when I watch Tito Santana I AM DISGUSTED BY HIM AND WHAT HE STANDS FOR!

Gene Okerlund

What he stands for? What do you mean?!

Baron Von Raschke

HE IS A TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY! TO HIS CULTURE! TO HIS HERITAGE! TO EVERYTHING HE SHOULD BE PROUD OF! HE IS NOT SOME AMERICAN DUMMKOPF! For The Baron, that is a badge of pride to wear wherever you go! That is a badge of pride that Tito Santana should wear everywhere he goes! That he is nothing like the fat, lazy, selfish Americans, sitting in their seats, watching this very show right now this evening! 

Gene Okerlund

You're telling me that because Tito is happy to call himself an American that you have an issue with him?!

Baron Von Raschke

ABSOLUTELY! TREUE ZU MEINEM LAND, GENE OKERLUND! I AM LOYAL TO MY COUNTRY! I KNOW WHERE I COME FROM! I KNOW MY COUNTRY, MY CULTURE, MY HERITAGE AND I KNOW IN EVERY WAY THAT I AM BETTER THAN LETTING MYSELF BE TAINTED BY AMERICA! Tito Santana does not have that same loyalty...he has allowed himself to be corrupted, he has allowed himself to sell every principle he has, just so that he can be accepted by the American people! 

Gene Okerlund

He's shown himself to be an inspiration to the fans here in AWA, he is a testament to the American Dream, that it doesn't matter where you come from, you can find your home here in the Unit-

Baron Von Raschke

STOP SPREADING THESE FAIRY TALES!  THESE ARE LIES, GENE OKERLUND AND YOU KNOW IT! These people will abandon you Tito and I will show you that! I will show you just how easily they are willing to drop you and switch you out for a new pet when it is fitting for them and when I do? You will come crawling to me, begging on your hands and knees for my forgiveness, and the sad truth for you Tito is then? It will be too late for you! HAHAHAHAHA!

The Baron's hand seems to lose control and forms into a claw which almost shoots for Gene Okerlund who jumps back in shock, but the Baron grabs a hold of his arm with his other hand as his claw snakes around and aims for the camera, Baron then grabs a hold of it laughing as the camera man fights to pull the camera away, we fade to black to go to commercial with the commotion of officials running in trying to separate the Baron from the AWA Camera.

Rated: 53

Third Match

Gagne.jpg.d9fe8d034934df531c0403fb06b06842.jpg VS. Rheingans.jpg.b22524658a9ab7871a8886d83262d7f7.jpg

Greg Gagne VS. Brad Rheingans

It was classic, AWA athletic competition, which certainly still has it's place and got decent heat, but definitely didn't have the amazing reaction it did once upon a time. Maybe because of the players involved or maybe because of the tastes of the fans. But there was nothing to complain about. It was good, technically sound, solid basics, with good mat wrestling especially on display from Rheingans who was definitely able to hold his own against a champion in Greg Gagne, but it was also, nothing in particular to write home about. That was until...

Blackwell.jpg.9bbe1f88a0ef78eedf03ec581b5a0ca5.jpgPatera.jpg.9df366e9fab23b59721663c4e9f67a52.jpg

The Sheiks interfere and make quick work of absolutely devastating both men! Blackwell slammed Gagne to the ground and followed up with a crushing Body Splash and Patera hauled Rheingans to the turnbuckle and drove his face straight into the turnbuckle pad, sending him reeling back on to the mat! The ref calls for the bell and the match ends in a draw due to the interference from The Sheiks!

Rated: 41

After The Match

Gagne.jpg.d9fe8d034934df531c0403fb06b06842.jpgBlackwell.jpg.9bbe1f88a0ef78eedf03ec581b5a0ca5.jpgPatera.jpg.9df366e9fab23b59721663c4e9f67a52.jpg

The Sheiks are looming over Gagne, looking to continue their brutal beatdown on one half of the tag team champions! Patera begins hoisting the reeling Gagne up to his feet when all of a sudden...

Brunzell.jpeg.b1fd9eedcc07dc7ab6d41f14c2d2ddb2.jpeg

Jim Brunzell comes rushing to the ring to aid his partner! Brunzell coming to make the save but the odds are against him with his parnter dazed and two absolute giants standing in his way and as Brunzell enters he rushes at Patera with a series of clubbing blows, he brings the fight but Blackwell gets his hands on him and throws Brunzell back, causing him to roll over backwards!He gets back up and makes a run for Blackwell but Blackwell knocks him down with a hard hitting clothesline! Blackwell brings Brunzell back to his feet and tosses him to Patera who brings Brunzell up and down with a powerbomb! Followed immediately by a devastating SPLASH from Blackwell and The Sheiks stand dominant over the AWA Tag Team Champions!

Rated: 45

My Hands Are Tied...

We go to something rare in the AWA, which might be a sign of the changing ethos going on behind the scenes. We are taken to a scene that we are not familar with. It certainly isn't in ring, and it certainly isn't in the interview area. No. We are seemingly in an office of some sort, with different pictures of scenes from AWA wrestling history strewn across. A Replica of the AWA World Heavyweight Championship on the mantle and sitting in two red leather chairs in front of an oak, wooden desk, were Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel, seemingly mid conversation...

Hogan.jpg.379b02c2d2c46c2394b00d83b5dd4309.jpgWahoo.jpg.5abd45d523c9d04cfbfd4af71d8a152f.jpg

Hulk Hogan

YOU'VE GOT TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, MAN! It ain't right for Nick Bockwinkel to dictate terms like this when I'm willing to put my chase for the title on hold, so that Wahoo here can get the moment he truly deserves!

Wahoo McDaniel

And I can be patient and wait for my opportunity...and I need to earn it...Hogan here has earned it. It' only right for him to be number one contender for Bockwinkel!

Hulk Hogan

Come on Wahoo! Stop being lost in your own head like this brother! We've got to do this for you dude! Get your head cleared and get you back to realising and understanding how much you mean to the people!

Gentlemen...please...if I may interject for a moment...

The camera pans over to reveal who exactly it is the two are talking to, going over to the other side of the desk, sitting in a single, red leather chair himself, the Replica AWA Heavyweight Belt hanging framed above his head. It's none other than the AWA President himself, Verne Gagne.

Verne.jpg.48f4fb6114ee8bfe02a124449cf08671.jpg

AWA President | Verne Gagne

I understand where both of you are coming from. Hogan, you want Wahoo to have a moment that, I agree, he certainly deserves to have. He has given a lot to this company both in and out of the ring. Having him be the contender for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship would lead to a great match between him and Bockwinkel and I have no doubt in my mind. He would represent the company well as the champion, and it would certainly put any doubts he and anybody else out there may have to rest about his position in this business and what he has left to give.

Hulk Hogan

EXACTLY BROTHER! I knew you'd understand! See I told you Wahoo, we'd figure out a way to make this hap-

However...I also understand Wahoo's point of view. Hogan, you have been having a meteoric rise. One quite unlike anything I have seen in wrestling. Usually it takes time for an athlete to integrate themselves in the company and become as beloved by the fans as you have managed to do within the short time you have been here. They are nearly demanding for you to get a shot at the belt...they want you to be the one to take the belt from Bockwinkel. You are the one they have chosen...

Wahoo McDaniel

And that is why I refuse to let you give up your opportunity...

Unfortunately...because of the clear objections that Hogan has, albeit for objections that I admire, respect and understand. It pains me to say that Nick Bockwinkel has used his champions prerogative to his advantage. With a clear, official number one contender being unavailable. He has been able to refuseto fight either of you until one has been declared. This is, after all...an athletic competition gentlemen...and with the champion invoking his prerogative, I must ensure it is enforced. At this point, as much as I would like to declare either of you the challenger. Bockwinkel has used the rules to his advantage and now my hands are tied. He's correct...a Number one contender must be declared through athletic competition.

Hulk Hogan

So that means we have to face each other?

Not necessarily...I could make an alternative match but...it would be one that did not garner as much fan adoration as the potential match we have before us with you two as the competitors...

Wahoo McDaniel

Is there anything you can do? A stipulation of some sorts?

Hulk Hogan

What are you talkin' about Wahoo?! You can't be thinkin' of actually going ahead with this dude, we'd be playing right into Bockwinkel's hands!

Wahoo McDaniel

No I'm playing Bockwinkel at his own game...

Hulk Hogan

What do you mean dude?!

Wahoo McDaniel

Verne...if Hogan and I have this number one contendership match...would you be able to add another stipulation to the match or not?

Depends on the stipulation, Wahoo. What do you have in mind?

Wahoo McDaniel

That whoever loses the match, that person will be next in line for a championship opportunity after the Number one Contender has their shot. So if I beat Hogan in this contendership match...however the match between Bockwinkel and I would go. Hogan would have a title shot guaranteed to him next and if Hogan beats me...

Than the same would be said for you...I mean it isn't normal for us to do something like that Wahoo, but I understand why you want to do it. There's nothing strictly in the rules that says we can't do that but...I'd need to put a contract together...

Wahoo McDaniel

Do it...I'm willing to sign it if Hogan is...

Hulk Hogan

I don't know Wahoo. I get you're trying to play Bockwinkel at his own game but this could end up blowing in our faces if we aren't careful, brother!

Wahoo McDaniel

If you can think of another alternative, go ahead. But this is the only way I can think of that makes sure we both get the opportunities we are looking for without pitting us against one another the way Bockwinkel wants.

Hogan hesitates for a moment as he considers everything being put forward to him. He is scared that his friendship with Wahoo is at stake by playing this game that Bockwinkel has managed to put together by using the athletic rules of the AWA to his advantage. But it seems he has little choice left as the most coveted prize in the company, the World Heavyweight Championship, is ultimately at stake...

Hulk Hogan

Put the contract together, brother! Let's make it happen!

Main Event

Baron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpg VS. Martel.jpg.b76a31d6f34173239a2a7fbf1cd07d55.jpg

The story in the Main Event was Martel having to try and escape the manic, scrambling rough and tumble style of the Baron. Who was trying his best to overwhelm Martel throughout the match to the point where Martel could not fight back and then the Baron could take advantage and do as he liked. There was this good ebb and flow to the match where the Baron would scramble manically, throwing a chaotic barrage at Martel, and then Martel might manage to get a headlock in and whip Baron over with a snapmare, or grab a hold of Baron's arm as the Baron tried to go for the claw and throw him over with an arm drag. In fact there were multiple times throughout the match where the Baron tried to seal the deal with a deadly claw and Rick managed to find a way to avoid it, like one occasion where he grabbed Baron's arm, wormed around him, let go of the Baron's arm and then delivered a beautiful, precise dropkick to the back of the Baron, sending him reeling towards the ropes. Martel would ultimately manage to pick up the win over the Baron in a hard fought, close encounter.

After The Match

Baron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpgMartel.jpg.b76a31d6f34173239a2a7fbf1cd07d55.jpg

Martel is celebrating his victory but the celebrations don't last long,as once he comes to, sore loser Baron Von Raschke lunges at Martel with that viscious claw he had been trying to apply throughout the match and this time Martel wasn't able to dodge it. His arms swing wildly and he grabs a hold of the Baron's arm, trying to seperate himself from that claw before it does any serious damage but the Baron has it locked in with a tightening grasp that he isn't letting up on and slowly we begin to see Martel's energy fade and drain as he puts up less and less of a fight and starts to slip and drift away. All the while the Baron yelling and snarling and screaming as he keeps that tight grasp locked in!

Santana.jpg.78c68b6bebc6e724768338369f41f430.jpg

But here comes Tito Santana, coming to deliver a little karmic justice to the Baron and save Rick Martel in the process! Santana rushes the ring behind Baron and Baron has no idea that Santana's there! Santana delivers a clubbing forearm across the back of the Baron's head and the Baron's grasp on Martel is forced to be let go as The Baron tumbles to the ground and he starts scrambling as Santana chases after him in the ring, delivering a good couple blows over the back for good measure before the Baron rolls out and leaves in an absolute fury! Shocked at the audacity of Tito to have done anything to him! Completely delusional to have expected anything else. Tito being the good Samaritan turns his attention to Martel to make sure he's okay instead of chasing after the Baron as the show credits start to roll...

Overall: 58

1 hour ago, Neon_Peon said:

Notable News:

Georgia Championship Wrestling and World Wrestling Federation have declared war on one another. 

Pacific Northwest Wrestling lost its television deal due to the broadcaster being unhappy.

Maple Leaf Wrestling lost its television deal due to the broadcaster being unhappy.

Week 2, January, 1983

Introduction

MeanGene.jpg.39a26f86cab0a43a80099cd100f7ca73.jpgJimRoss.jpg.45229a50f5933a020caa6305350b0394.jpg

Gene Okerlund

Welcome everyone to another edition of ALL-STAR WRESTLING, brought to you by the premier wrestling product in America today, the American Wrestling Association! Gene Okerlund here joined once again by my broadcast partner Jim Ross and Jim? An interesting show ahead of us tat's for certain!

Jim Ross

Absolutely Gene, our Main Event this evening Baron Von Raschke will be facing off one on one against fan favorite, Rick Martel and questions certainly linger regarding the Baron's behavior LAST WEEK in the Main Event match where he distracted Tito Santana and caused him to lose his match against Bobby Duncum! Well folks, Gene here will be trying to get an explanation from The Baron here tonight as to his motivations behind his behavior and we hope we won't see any shenanigans again this week in the Main Event!

Gene Okerlund

We also hope to bring you developments regarding The World Heavyweight Championship. Last week we saw hopeful contender Hulk Hogan, sharing a moment of admiration, respect and friendship with veteran Wahoo McDaniel, who in a moment of doubt shared with us his concerns with the future of his career. Well hearing what Wahoo was saying offered Wahoo an open road to the World Heavyweight Championship and folks? Champion, Nick Bockwinkel presented a very interesting and concerning scenario for these two men who respect one another. He made it plain and simple and clear for all to hear, that with neither man wanting to stand in the other's way, a match needed to happen, or he would refuse to face either of them! Well tonight, Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel have told me they are going to get clarification from the AWA President himself, Verne Gagne!

Jim Ross

Also folks, keep an eye tonight on the Greg Gagne match we have coming up as one half of the tag team champions is in action. With a new, threatening and dare I say...BEHEMOTH challenge laid at the feet at The High Flyers last week, one has to wonder what mindset he may be in as he prepares for action later tonight.

Gene Okerlund

But ladies and gentlemen starting you off this evening, The Ruthless Russian, Boris Breznikoff, looking to continue making examples out of wrestlers across America starting the action off this week against Rock N' Roll, Buck Zumhofe.

Opening Match

Breznikoff.jpg.938d136702650f622f300843fadd84f1.jpg VS. Zumhofe.jpg.1b547f49f36c68b1ca56dd4e4ab81eae.jpg

Certainly a better match up to start off the evening than the previous Breznikoff bout against Milliman last week, but similar fare in that it was a clear showing of absolute dominance on the part of Boris Breznikoff. He absolutely dominated Buzk in what almost became a concerning display of strength as Boris suplexed and tossed Zumhofe all around the ring, hitting him over the back with hard, clubbing forearms, tossing him with a suplex which caused him to bound into the ropes and fold over himself like an accordion! It all came to an end with a tight grasped Russian Bear Hug from Breznikoff which caused Zumhofe to fall unconscious and the match to be called by the ref after dropping Zumhofe's arm three times! Breznikoff wins in dominating fashion six minutes in to the show.

Rated: 42

Second Match

Hennig.jpg.58fad9dd604cb1e5d260d1881dc60cfb.jpg VS. gOULET.jpg.c3001ba41b7f2271cf58cc432669aad0.jpg

Curt Hennig VS. Rene Goulet

A great showcase of skill for the second match which told a great story of the young up and comer facing off against the established veteran with years of experience. It was clear that Hennig had the speed and the athleticism behind him thanks to his youth and natural ability, but Goulet showed us that he still had it in him to meet an opponent where they were at and he managed to cut down Hennig's momentum off multiple times with sly tricks that showed his experience. A stomp to the boot which was followed by a snap suplex, an eye gouge followed by a quick, snappy forearm across the cheek so the referee couldn't tell what Goulet was doing. A running knee to the face of Hennig after being driven down into a seated position. Goulet certainly made Hennig work for it in this match and was no push over, but Hennig would manage to get the upper hand over Goulet, after delivering a running knee to the gut, he managed to get Goulet into position for a Hennig Plex, performed perfectly by the way, to pick up the win.

"Treue Zu Meinem Land"

MeanGene.jpg.39a26f86cab0a43a80099cd100f7ca73.jpgBaron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpg

We cut to the interview area where Gene is standing in front of the AWA logo, microphone in hand, as entering the frame, clad in a long, red, hooded robe was the tall, lanky, skinny but imposing figure of none other than Baron Von Raschke, who pulls off the hood of the robe to reveal his bald head and gnarly face, snarling at the camera like a mad animal, running his tongue over his lips and laughing to himself 

Gene Okerlund

Ladies Gene Okerlund here, joined right now by the man who certainly got some attention after his behaviour last week, Baron Von Raschke, and Baron, the people want to know what your issue with Tito Santana is!! Why did you do what you did last week in his match, showing your face, causing the distraction and costing him the victory?!

Baron Von Raschke

WHY SHOULDN'T I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TITO SANTANA?! You tell me Gene? Why shouldn't the Baron have done what he did last week?!

Gene Okerlund

Well Tito hasn't done anything to you!

Baron Von Raschke

To me? Naturlich! Naturally he has not done anything to me! He should know better to do anything to The Baron! He would live to regret it for the rest of his days! But you ask me why I got involved in his match?! It's simple Mean Gene! It's because when I watch Tito Santana I AM DISGUSTED BY HIM AND WHAT HE STANDS FOR!

Gene Okerlund

What he stands for? What do you mean?!

Baron Von Raschke

HE IS A TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY! TO HIS CULTURE! TO HIS HERITAGE! TO EVERYTHING HE SHOULD BE PROUD OF! HE IS NOT SOME AMERICAN DUMMKOPF! For The Baron, that is a badge of pride to wear wherever you go! That is a badge of pride that Tito Santana should wear everywhere he goes! That he is nothing like the fat, lazy, selfish Americans, sitting in their seats, watching this very show right now this evening! 

Gene Okerlund

You're telling me that because Tito is happy to call himself an American that you have an issue with him?!

Baron Von Raschke

ABSOLUTELY! TREUE ZU MEINEM LAND, GENE OKERLUND! I AM LOYAL TO MY COUNTRY! I KNOW WHERE I COME FROM! I KNOW MY COUNTRY, MY CULTURE, MY HERITAGE AND I KNOW IN EVERY WAY THAT I AM BETTER THAN LETTING MYSELF BE TAINTED BY AMERICA! Tito Santana does not have that same loyalty...he has allowed himself to be corrupted, he has allowed himself to sell every principle he has, just so that he can be accepted by the American people! 

Gene Okerlund

He's shown himself to be an inspiration to the fans here in AWA, he is a testament to the American Dream, that it doesn't matter where you come from, you can find your home here in the Unit-

Baron Von Raschke

STOP SPREADING THESE FAIRY TALES!  THESE ARE LIES, GENE OKERLUND AND YOU KNOW IT! These people will abandon you Tito and I will show you that! I will show you just how easily they are willing to drop you and switch you out for a new pet when it is fitting for them and when I do? You will come crawling to me, begging on your hands and knees for my forgiveness, and the sad truth for you Tito is then? It will be too late for you! HAHAHAHAHA!

The Baron's hand seems to lose control and forms into a claw which almost shoots for Gene Okerlund who jumps back in shock, but the Baron grabs a hold of his arm with his other hand as his claw snakes around and aims for the camera, Baron then grabs a hold of it laughing as the camera man fights to pull the camera away, we fade to black to go to commercial with the commotion of officials running in trying to separate the Baron from the AWA Camera.

Third Match

Gagne.jpg.d9fe8d034934df531c0403fb06b06842.jpg VS. Rheingans.jpg.b22524658a9ab7871a8886d83262d7f7.jpg

Greg Gagne VS. Brad Rheingans

It was classic, AWA athletic competition, which certainly still has it's place and got decent heat, but definitely didn't have the amazing reaction it did once upon a time. Maybe because of the players involved or maybe because of the tastes of the fans. But there was nothing to complain about. It was good, technically sound, solid basics, with good mat wrestling especially on display from Rheingans who was definitely able to hold his own against a champion in Greg Gagne, but it was also, nothing in particular to write home about. That was until...

Blackwell.jpg.9bbe1f88a0ef78eedf03ec581b5a0ca5.jpgPatera.jpg.9df366e9fab23b59721663c4e9f67a52.jpg

The Sheiks interfere and make quick work of absolutely devastating both men! Blackwell slammed Gagne to the ground and followed up with a crushing Body Splash and Patera hauled Rheingans to the turnbuckle and drove his face straight into the turnbuckle pad, sending him reeling back on to the mat! The ref calls for the bell and the match ends in a draw due to the interference from The Sheiks!

After The Match

Gagne.jpg.d9fe8d034934df531c0403fb06b06842.jpgBlackwell.jpg.9bbe1f88a0ef78eedf03ec581b5a0ca5.jpgPatera.jpg.9df366e9fab23b59721663c4e9f67a52.jpg

The Sheiks are looming over Gagne, looking to continue their brutal beatdown on one half of the tag team champions! Patera begins hoisting the reeling Gagne up to his feet when all of a sudden...

Brunzell.jpeg.b1fd9eedcc07dc7ab6d41f14c2d2ddb2.jpeg

Jim Brunzell comes rushing to the ring to aid his partner! Brunzell coming to make the save but the odds are against him with his parnter dazed and two absolute giants standing in his way and as Brunzell enters he rushes at Patera with a series of clubbing blows, he brings the fight but Blackwell gets his hands on him and throws Brunzell back, causing him to roll over backwards!He gets back up and makes a run for Blackwell but Blackwell knocks him down with a hard hitting clothesline! Blackwell brings Brunzell back to his feet and tosses him to Patera who brings Brunzell up and down with a powerbomb! Followed immediately by a devastating SPLASH from Blackwell and The Sheiks stand dominant over the AWA Tag Team Champions!

My Hands Are Tied...

We go to something rare in the AWA, which might be a sign of the changing ethos going on behind the scenes. We are taken to a scene that we are not familar with. It certainly isn't in ring, and it certainly isn't in the interview area. No. We are seemingly in an office of some sort, with different pictures of scenes from AWA wrestling history strewn across. A Replica of the AWA World Heavyweight Championship on the mantle and sitting in two red leather chairs in front of an oak, wooden desk, were Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel, seemingly mid conversation...

Hogan.jpg.379b02c2d2c46c2394b00d83b5dd4309.jpgWahoo.jpg.5abd45d523c9d04cfbfd4af71d8a152f.jpg

Hulk Hogan

YOU'VE GOT TO BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, MAN! It ain't right for Nick Bockwinkel to dictate terms like this when I'm willing to put my chase for the title on hold, so that Wahoo here can get the moment he truly deserves!

Wahoo McDaniel

And I can be patient and wait for my opportunity...and I need to earn it...Hogan here has earned it. It' only right for him to be number one contender for Bockwinkel!

Hulk Hogan

Come on Wahoo! Stop being lost in your own head like this brother! We've got to do this for you dude! Get your head cleared and get you back to realising and understanding how much you mean to the people!

Gentlemen...please...if I may interject for a moment...

The camera pans over to reveal who exactly it is the two are talking to, going over to the other side of the desk, sitting in a single, red leather chair himself, the Replica AWA Heavyweight Belt hanging framed above his head. It's none other than the AWA President himself, Verne Gagne.

Verne.jpg.48f4fb6114ee8bfe02a124449cf08671.jpg

I understand where both of you are coming from. Hogan, you want Wahoo to have a moment that, I agree, he certainly deserves to have. He has given a lot to this company both in and out of the ring. Having him be the contender for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship would lead to a great match between him and Bockwinkel and I have no doubt in my mind. He would represent the company well as the champion, and it would certainly put any doubts he and anybody else out there may have to rest about his position in this business and what he has left to give.

Hulk Hogan

EXACTLY BROTHER! I knew you'd understand! See I told you Wahoo, we'd figure out a way to make this hap-

However...I also understand Wahoo's point of view. Hogan, you have been having a meteoric rise. One quite unlike anything I have seen in wrestling. Usually it takes time for an athlete to integrate themselves in the company and become as beloved by the fans as you have managed to do within the short time you have been here. They are nearly demanding for you to get a shot at the belt...they want you to be the one to take the belt from Bockwinkel. You are the one they have chosen...

Wahoo McDaniel

And that is why I refuse to let you give up your opportunity...

Unfortunately...because of the clear objections that Hogan has, albeit for objections that I admire, respect and understand. It pains me to say that Nick Bockwinkel has used his champions prerogative to his advantage. With a clear, official number one contender being unavailable. He has been able to refuseto fight either of you until one has been declared. This is, after all...an athletic competition gentlemen...and with the champion invoking his prerogative, I must ensure it is enforced. At this point, as much as I would like to declare either of you the challenger. Bockwinkel has used the rules to his advantage and now my hands are tied. He's correct...a Number one contender must be declared through athletic competition.

Hulk Hogan

So that means we have to face each other?

Not necessarily...I could make an alternative match but...it would be one that did not garner as much fan adoration as the potential match we have before us with you two as the competitors...

Wahoo McDaniel

Is there anything you can do? A stipulation of some sorts?

Hulk Hogan

What are you talkin' about Wahoo?! You can't be thinkin' of actually going ahead with this dude, we'd be playing right into Bockwinkel's hands!

Wahoo McDaniel

No I'm playing Bockwinkel at his own game...

Hulk Hogan

What do you mean dude?!

Wahoo McDaniel

Verne...if Hogan and I have this number one contendership match...would you be able to add another stipulation to the match or not?

Depends on the stipulation, Wahoo. What do you have in mind?

Wahoo McDaniel

That whoever loses the match, that person will be next in line for a championship opportunity after the Number one Contender has their shot. So if I beat Hogan in this contendership match...however the match between Bockwinkel and I would go. Hogan would have a title shot guaranteed to him next and if Hogan beats me...

Than the same would be said for you...I mean it isn't normal for us to do something like that Wahoo, but I understand why you want to do it. There's nothing strictly in the rules that says we can't do that but...I'd need to put a contract together...

Wahoo McDaniel

Do it...I'm willing to sign it if Hogan is...

Hulk Hogan

I don't know Wahoo. I get you're trying to play Bockwinkel at his own game but this could end up blowing in our faces if we aren't careful, brother!

Wahoo McDaniel

If you can think of another alternative, go ahead. But this is the only way I can think of that makes sure we both get the opportunities we are looking for without pitting us against one another the way Bockwinkel wants.

Hogan hesitates for a moment as he considers everything being put forward to him. He is scared that his friendship with Wahoo is at stake by playing this game that Bockwinkel has managed to put together by using the athletic rules of the AWA to his advantage. But it seems he has little choice left as the most coveted prize in the company, the World Heavyweight Championship, is ultimately at stake...

Hulk Hogan

Put the contract together, brother! Let's make it happen!

Main Event

Baron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpg VS. Martel.jpg.b76a31d6f34173239a2a7fbf1cd07d55.jpg

The story in the Main Event was Martel having to try and escape the manic, scrambling rough and tumble style of the Baron. Who was trying his best to overwhelm Martel throughout the match to the point where Martel could not fight back and then the Baron could take advantage and do as he liked. There was this good ebb and flow to the match where the Baron would scramble manically, throwing a chaotic barrage at Martel, and then Martel might manage to get a headlock in and whip Baron over with a snapmare, or grab a hold of Baron's arm as the Baron tried to go for the claw and throw him over with an arm drag. In fact there were multiple times throughout the match where the Baron tried to seal the deal with a deadly claw and Rick managed to find a way to avoid it, like one occasion where he grabbed Baron's arm, wormed around him, let go of the Baron's arm and then delivered a beautiful, precise dropkick to the back of the Baron, sending him reeling towards the ropes. Martel would ultimately manage to pick up the win over the Baron in a hard fought, close encounter.

After The Match

Baron.jpg.533f836bc4be739b545fccbeac622d44.jpgMartel.jpg.b76a31d6f34173239a2a7fbf1cd07d55.jpg

Martel is celebrating his victory but the celebrations don't last long,as once he comes to, sore loser Baron Von Raschke lunges at Martel with that viscious claw he had been trying to apply throughout the match and this time Martel wasn't able to dodge it. His arms swing wildly and he grabs a hold of the Baron's arm, trying to seperate himself from that claw before it does any serious damage but the Baron has it locked in with a tightening grasp that he isn't letting up on and slowly we begin to see Martel's energy fade and drain as he puts up less and less of a fight and starts to slip and drift away. All the while the Baron yelling and snarling and screaming as he keeps that tight grasp locked in!

Santana.jpg.78c68b6bebc6e724768338369f41f430.jpg

But here comes Tito Santana, coming to deliver a little karmic justice to the Baron and save Rick Martel in the process! Santana rushes the ring behind Baron and Baron has no idea that Santana's there! Santana delivers a clubbing forearm across the back of the Baron's head and the Baron's grasp on Martel is forced to be let go as The Baron tumbles to the ground and he starts scrambling as Santana chases after him in the ring, delivering a good couple blows over the back for good measure before the Baron rolls out and leaves in an absolute fury! Shocked at the audacity of Tito to have done anything to him! Completely delusional to have expected anything else. Tito being the good Samaritan turns his attention to Martel to make sure he's okay instead of chasing after the Baron as the show credits start to roll...

Overall: 58

Nice work on the show. If pnw's can't show their talent on TV anymore, maybe this is the right time to raid their talent. You got your pick of guys like Billy Jack haynes, Matt borne, gentleman Chris adams, rip oliver and David Schultz, any one of them could at least dependable in the midcard. Speaking of which what's the roster look like?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sonny912 said:

Nice work on the show. If pnw's can't show their talent on TV anymore, maybe this is the right time to raid their talent. You got your pick of guys like Billy Jack haynes, Matt borne, gentleman Chris adams, rip oliver and David Schultz, any one of them could at least dependable in the midcard. Speaking of which what's the roster look like?

Isn't Schultz already in AWA at this time? I remember him feuding with Hogan IRL. Could be the perfect number 2 for Heenan.

Other than that, yeah, Borne and Adams would be great to have for the midcard belt for Hennig and Tito to feud with.

Speaking of Tito, already planting the seeds for Strike Force to form? Noice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sonny912 said:

im gonna do a monthly roster round up which will have the roster up to date (except for any surprise signings) along with notable signings and releases made in the month that has passed

Notable News:
Dump Matsumoto has quit All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling

Barry Orton has walked out on the Continental Wrestling Association

Introduction

MeanGene.jpg.84f0a243e10c7b0b84701920e122e38c.jpgJimRoss.jpg.1dbdd5fc609f41ea6afb00f3cb92ba0a.jpg

Gene Okerlund

Welcome everyone to another edition of ALL-STAR WRESTLING, brought to you by the premier wrestling product in America today, the American Wrestling Association! Gene Okerlund here, joined as always by my broadcast partner, Jim Ross and Jim? A defining night for us here in the AWA to say the least.

Jim Ross

Absolutely folks, later on tonight we will be witness to the contract signing which will make the match between Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel official and the reward? The number one contendership to the AWA World Heavyweight Championship!

Gene Okerlund

It's been an interesting path to get to this point so far. Resiliency for both men involved out of fear that they are playing into the mind games of champion, Nick Bockwinkel. Both men are concerned this is ultimately a ploy on the part of the champion to turn them against one another and provide him with an advantage with their attention diverted away from him. They may have seemingly overcome that obstacle however after last week, asking AWA President Verne Gagne to include a stipulation that ensures the loser of their bout will be next in line for the championship once the victor has had their match.

Jim Ross

And it will all become official later tonight, but folks that's not all. Right after that contract signing. Tito Santana in singles action against Masa Saito. Santana and Baron Von Raschke have been going back and forth over the past couple weeks and you have to wonder if anything is going to happen once more.

Gene Okerlund

And Jim here will be getting us an interview with Tag Team Champions The High Flyers, regarding their situation with their upcoming challengers The Sheiks! But ladies and gentlemen we're about ready to get into the action as starting us off this evening Bobby Duncum will be kicking things off against a new face here in the AWA, Brickhouse Brown!

Opening Match

Brickhouse.jpg.d59e82aed9320109ef03f45e9b7e9f25.jpg VS. Duncum.jpg.26cb182b657675d2253e4aa4de8faa64.jpg

Brickhouse Brown VS. Bobby Duncum

It's the debut appearance of Brickhouse Brown in the AWA and the match was a clear opportunity for him to showcase his skills to the AWA faithful, but he certainly had no easy feat in doing it against Cowboy Bobby Duncum who made him fight every step of the way in the match. Brickhouse showcased a quick, fast paced style that made him able to work around Duncum's attempts to dictate the pace of the match and was able to wow the fans with a more, up tempo yet in your face showcasing of skills. However Duncum would be the one to get the win thanks to assistance from manager Bobby Heenan, after seeing his client was facing a potential upset. Good showing by the newcomer though in a decent opening bout which got more heat than expected for showcasing an unknown entity.

My Mother Is A Generous Lady...

MeanGene.jpg.84f0a243e10c7b0b84701920e122e38c.jpgBreznikoff.jpg.7a4330f8f2c7c2958f8766059f9262e3.jpg

We go now to the AWA interview area stage where Mean Gene is standing, microphone in hand and next to him, a man who has been garnering hatred from the AWA fans recently. The Ruthless Russian, Boris Breznikoff, clad in his red USSR training gear and Soviet Union branded hat, snarling and growling at the camera as Gene introduces the segment...

Gene Okerlund

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gene Okerlund here currently joined by a man who has without question, been showcasing one dominating display after another in the AWA over the recent weeks. The man who my broadcast parnter Jim Ross has coined the nickname of "The Ruthless Russian", Boris Breznikoff! Now Boris you have been on a tear the past couple of weeks, you have another match coming up after this interview, will this be another display of dominance on your part and do you have any words for the rest of the AWA roster who mig-

NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE! HOLD ON JUST A MINUTE!

Cornette.jpg.8496a5c1981951d075a3ed0074cd3a38.jpg

Gene's interview is interrupted before the first set of questions can truly be answered. A high pitched, southern voice yelling out which causes Gene to turn his head in confusion. boris merely smirks, as if he was expecting this to happen. Barging into the frame was a skinny man, clad in a white suit. His hair looking freshly combed, horn rimmed glasses on his face, a black handkerchief in his pocket and a face looking full of consternation...this man is unknown to the AWA fans, but he won't be soon enough...

Jim Cornette

Gene Okerlund why was I not informed about this interview?! Did you not get the memo? Did you not get the update? I didn't realize when I signed my contract last week that I was walkin' into a three ring circus! You ought to be a professional! You ought to know that from now on if you wanna speak to Boris Breznikoff? YOU SPEAK TO ME FIRST!

"Mean" Gene Okerlund

Excuse me sir, but who do you think you are interrupting this interview? Who the heck are YOU?!

Jim Cornette

Who the heck am I? WHO THE HECK AM I?! You watch your mouth spoutin' out disrespectful language like that Mean Gene or I'll make sure the taste gets slapped out of it before you can blink! Gimme that microphone!

Cornette snatches the AWA Microphone out of Gene's hand, smirking to himself. Gene tries to get it back but Breznikoff steps in, merely growling, causing Gene to back away slightly, still staying in grame in the hopes he can regain some sort of control of what was supposed to be a one to one interview.

Jim Cornette

Now stay here and watch closely Gene, you may learn an important lesson in class and distinction! Ladies and gentlemen, you may not be familiar with this pretty little face on your television screen but you soon will be...because what you are laying witness to, is the fastest rising manager in professional wrestling today! My name, for those of you dim witted enough to be unaware of it. Is James E. Cornette. Some folks call me Jim but only my mother can call me Jimmy and speakin' of my mother Mean Gene? I wanna take this moment and personally THANK my mother for making this very moment here tonight possible! I couldn't have done it without ya' mama!

"Mean" Gene Okerlund

Your mother?! What in the world does she have to do with this? What are you even talkin' about Cornette!

Despite Cornette being in control of the mic, Mean Gene couldn't help himself, maybe out of habit and a sense of duty, perhaps out of indignation that this little southern pipsqueak had taken over his interview without any prior knowledge or indication of his appearance. However he quickly would regret it as Breznikoff lunged and snarled at him, causing Gene to jump back but Cornette put his arm across. Simply smiling as he showcased the control he exhibited over his client as Breznikoff calmed down and straightened himself out.

Jim Cornette

First of all Gene, open your ears and listen it might do you some good once in a while! And second, but most important of all I'd be careful what ya' say about Mama Cornette! My mother is a lady of wealth and taste Mean Gene and she deserves to be treated with respect! My mother also happens to be a generous lady...because thanks to her, using some of that wealth and taste that she has, I find myself standing here today, in the American Wrestling Association, proud to announce to you all here and now...that I am the NEW MANAGER...of the one and only RUTHLESS RUSSIAN...Boris Breznikoff!

"Mean" Gene Okerlund

YOU'RE managing Breznikoff?! What are you a Soviet Sympathizer?!

Jim Cornette

ARE YOU CALLIN' ME A COMMIE MEAN GENE?!

"Mean" Gene Okerlund

N-n-no I was jus-

Jim Cornette

BECAUSE IT SURE DOES SOUND LIKE YOU WERE CALLIN' ME A COMMIE! YOU'RE ON THIN ICE GENE! ONE MORE WORD OUT OF YOU AND I'M AFRAID WE'LL HAVE TO TAKE EXTREME MEASURES!

Cornette allows Breznikoff to step up and tower ver Mean Gene, who backs further and further away, until Boris grabs him by the scruff of the neck, hoisting him up and keeping him in frame of the camera so he can continue hearing the words from his new manager.

Jim Cornette

Now folks...the political leanings of my client are not necessarily the representation of my own...this man here is entitled to the right of freedom of speech just as we all are and if he chooses to use that right to represent his country of the Soviet Union...than God Bless America he should be able to do that! But what my good mother realized in all of her infinite wisdom was this...this man could do with...no I'm sorry...this man NEEDS an ambassador, someone who can represent him on the American stage, to the American people and she knew that I would be the perfect man for the job! She also understood Mean Gene...that this would be the perfect way to get my foot in the door!

Gene just nods in response. He's got the message now. Perhaps on his own this little twig of a man would be easy to ignore...but he had a huge, domineering client by his side, who in turn also made him a figure to be careful and cautious around now.

Jim Cornette

You see folks! If you think Boris Breznikoff is going to be my ONLY client? You're wrong. There'll be more to come. Single's, tag teams I'm gonna do it all...because like I said. I am the fastest rising manager in professional wrestling today and by the time the year is out? Why I'd put good money on that being irrefutable fact! Come on Boris...you got a match to get to!

Breznikoff.jpg.7a4330f8f2c7c2958f8766059f9262e3.jpg VS. Graham.jpg.93930ddeb82f964d282de58b77c2178c.jpg

Boris Breznikoff arguably faced his greatest fight here so far this year in the AWA, as he stood up against Light Heavyweight Champion, Mike Graham. Boris was looking to make this a total domination as he had been the past couple weeks but to his credit, Mike Graham put up a fight. He is, after all, the Light Heavyweight Champion and that brings with it an unwritten rule that you are expected to be a good representative of the company. You are not a push over and Mike, again credit to him, was no push over and gave Boris the best run for his money so far. Even managed to get Boris rolled up for a surprise pin attempt for a close upset. But Boris ultimately, managed to get the match in his favor in an all too similar scenario once he locked in The Russian Bear Hug and caused Graham to lose consciousness to bring the match to an end.

The Greatest Threat To The AWA

JimRoss.jpg.1dbdd5fc609f41ea6afb00f3cb92ba0a.jpg

Brunzell.jpeg.d5244d478ce5055e29e2d9abbc78ba40.jpegGagne.jpg.1e8d539130a52f4e03c0cb5d1810c818.jpg

We go to the interview area to Jim Ross, joined by the AWA World Tag Team Champions, The High Flyers, wearing faces of concern as last week, they were made examples of as the greatest threat to their titles so far, The Sheiks had laid them out and stood triumphant over them...

Jim Ross

Ladies and Gentlemen Jim Ross here joined by the AWA Tag Team Champions, Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne, the High Flyers. Gentlemen. The challenge you face couldn't be clearer. The team which has been put together by Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissie, Ken Patera and Jerry Blackwell are looking to make an impact here in the AWA and start what Sheik Adnan hopes to be a take over of some sorts of the company. Last week we saw a demonstration of the power these two men truly hold together against you. How are you feeling right now gentlemen, what are your thoughts.

Greg Gagne

Well Jim...I think it's fair to say we are concerned. We are concerned not only for our own sake but for the sake of the AWA. Sheik Adnan has made it clear. He has a vendetta against the AWA. He wants to destroy it from within...to make it his own...to take away everything American about the American Wrestling Association. So I think it's fair to say The Sheiks are not only the greatest threat to us as the Tag Team Champions, but also the Greatest threat to the AWA right now...Sheik Adnan isn't going to stop until he has control of every belt, so he has all the power, all the influence, and all the control in the AWA...

Jim Brunzell

That's right Jim and that is why it is important we put an end to this before it truly gets a chance to start, which is why come the end of the month? Ken Patera? Jerry Blackwell? You guys showed how good you can be when you get the drop on us, but in a fair and even competition? When you aren't taking cheap shots and you can't run rough shot? I wonder how strong you'll really look!

Jim Ross

So you two are going ahead, you're making it clear, right here and right now? This match is happening!

Greg Gagne

That's right Jim, it's gonna be happening, Madison Dane Colosseum, end of the month, boys? We're willing to put the titles on the line...we know what we need to do Jim Ross. We need to end this threat, here and now...before it gets any larger. Sheiks? We'll see you at the Colosseum

Contract Signing

Verne.jpg.48d33136778694bc8ae04639ae375f99.jpg

We see, for the second week in a row. A segment that is quite a rarity in the AWA. A big time segment like this? This was the starting signs of the changing attitudes within the AWA. Last week we got a view of President Verne Gagne's office. This week, a big, in ring contract signing between arguably, the two greatest heroes in the company. One on side, Hulk Hogan, the rising wave of popularity guiding him here tonight. The other, Wahoo McDaniel, the established veteran, the legend. The man looking for one last shot at greatness. This moment was bandied about thanks to Nick Bockwinkel using the rules of engagement to his advantage. But now, it was here, it was real and the magnitude of it all came here, tonight. And it was being introduced to us by none other than AWA President, Verne Gagne. Yes, this veered more towards the entertainment aspect of the business. But it still had an air of legitimacy. Say what you want about what they're showing in New York. In Minnesota? This was real. We begin the segment with AWA President Verne Gagne standing in front of a table, on either side a chair for each combatant.

Ladies and Gentlemen. As the current, standing AWA President. It is my duty, but also my honor, to present to you this contract signing between two of the biggest names in our company today. This signing was brought about through...less than desired circumstances. However, I believe, thanks to communication with the stars themselves, we have managed to crate a contract which ensures what we here in the AWA strive to achieve, fair and athletic competition to be maintained. Both of these men will have their chance to say their peace before signing the contract for the match, which will take place at the Madison Dane Colosseum at the end of this calendar month. So, without further ado, I would like to ask both competitors to please, make their way out together in a show of good sportsmanship, so the signing can truly begin...

Hogan.jpg.8a9479effb75859eb1cffdbc36e6b62f.jpgWahoo.jpg.7664ebd52579f719792b3d912236e257.jpg

Both men come out together to the adulation and appreciation of the crowd. The audience clearly unsure on who they support more. Wahoo, the veteran who they have supported through thick and thin. Or Hogan, the rising star who has captured the hearts of the fans in ways only seen once in a generation in Wrestling. In some essence a dream match was being made official right here and now but in others it is a match with heavy connotations around it...as both men enter the ring they shake hands before the crowd and AWA President, Verne Gagne and both choose to stand, instead of taking a seat.

Gentlemen in my hand, is the contract that will make your match official, in it states the date and location, to be the end of this calendar month, at the Main Event in the Show taking place at the Madison Dane Colosseum. It states clearly that this match will have a thirty minute time limit, one fall will declare the victor and the victor...will be granted an opportunity at the AWA World Heavyweight Championship. The loser? Will be granted a championship opportunity of their own in February as long as there are no impeding circumstances. In the event of a draw due to time limit or other unforeseen circumstances. A rematch will be scheduled. Both men have been made aware of the stipulations of the match. I will now place the contract on the table and allow both men a moment to share their thoughts. Starting with you Hogan...

Hulk Hogan

WELL LEMME' TELL YA' SOMETHIN' WAHOO! I STILLT HINK IT'S A DAMN SHAME THAT THIS MATCH HAD TO HAPPEN BECAUSE BOCKWINKEL IS A COWARD DUDE!  He can see the doubt that's clouding your mind, brother and this whole thing has been him playing on that doubt man, trying to turn us against one another, trying to weaken us both to make defending his belt easier, dude! But thanks to you, both of us no longer have to worry about Bockwinkel's games. We will both get our opportunity eventually and I gotta' be honest man. I HOPE YOU GET IT FIRST BROTHER! Because besides gettin' the belt myself? I can't think of anything better, than seeing you get the moment you have truly earned and deserved dude! Gettin' to carry that gold around with you every place you go! Seein' alll the smiles on all the little Wahoo fans across the country! Gettin' all the love and respect from the people who have followed you and supported you from the greatest heights to the lowest depths dude and I think i sepak for everyone watchin' tonight here in the audience and at home tonight...we all want you to have that moment dude. Now that doesn't mean I'm gonna lay down and let you win dude! Because just like you got all the people out there giving you the respect you deserve. I got all my Hulkamaniacs, puttin' their faith in me, puttin' their hope in me to bring change to the AWA and I gotta' listen to them too brother! So I guess all that's left to say...IS LET THE BEST MAN WIN BROTHER!

Hogan leans over the table and signs the contract, before posing for the fans, putting his hand to his ear and leaning on the ropes, before pointing over to Wahoo and doing the same, indicating he wants his Hulkamaniacs to give the legend some love too. Wahoo simply cracks a small smile, as Hogan hands him the microphone...

Wahoo McDaniel

Hogan. Despite the circumstances. I'm glad this match is happening. Because yes. I have been having doubt cloud my mind...worries about my future. About my legacy...about whether or not I'll ever get to hold that AWA World Heavyweight Championship...well maybe? After hearing the fans give me their support, after seeing the respect you so clearly have...and how much you want me to have my opportunity. Maybe I CAN start putting those worries to rest. Because having this match? Against you? One of...if not THE most popular man in the locker room today? In a thirty minute time limit match? That's no joke. That requires skill. That requires stamina. That requires guts...and those were things I was doubtin' I had...and havin' this match with you Hogan? Maybe it's the beginnings of exactly what I needed to get me back on the straight and narrow. So thank you, first of all, for your respect. Thank you for your support...and thank you, for making sure you don't take it easy on me...because we both know what's up for grabs...and we both want to get the first taste of it. So I share your sentiments Hulk Hogan...May the best man win!

Wahoo leans over and signs and as he does so the crowd erupts as the match is now official. Both men come together and shake hands but as they do. The festivities are interrupted, as heading towards the ring is none other than the Champion himself. Once more making his appearance known before the two top contenders to the absolute disdain from the audience at his arrival. he is clad in a tan suit and glasses, Bobby Heenan carrying the belt for him as the Champion and his manager head to the ring.  Bobby climbs up the steps and holds open the rope for the champ and after Bockwinkel enters. Heenan hands the belt over to him and enters the ring himself. Both men waiting for the audience to die down. Bockwinkel saunters over to AWA President, Verne Gagne...these two have their history with one another and all Bockwinkel does is crack a smile at him and nod, before taking the microphone from Verne's hands...all the while the AWA fans unrelenting in their hatred for the AWA World Heavyweight Champion...

Bockwinkel.jpg.48708b5474fc99d069b43b0a4dc18760.jpgHeenan.jpg.c3240ba35833595a002f1a9aeec849b6.jpg

Nick Bockwinkel

Would you listen to these ungrateful humanoids, Bobby? It is thanks to our astute awareness of the circumstances regarding the number one contendership, that this very moment is happening before our very eyes. It is thanks to our abidance to the letter of the laws of this company, that an incredible match will be provided to all paying patrons who wish to see it...and what do they do, Bobby? They spit in our face. They act as if I do nothing for them...

Bobby Heenan

This is easily the most exciting thing this company will have seen in quite some time! And it's thanks to YOU, Champ! These people have no courtesy, no manners, no etiquette! They are nothing more than a bunch of ungrateful swine! They will never be able to truly appreciate your greatness!

Nick Bockwinkel

A tragedy if there ever was one, Bobby. Not for me, of course, but for the masses of people so, wilfully ignorant...that they will never be able to understand just what it is I do for them on a consistent basis. Nor will they ever be able to...fully comprehend the magnitude of an athlete and a champion, that I truly am. That is of course, until both of these men find themselves defeated...one...after...another...

Bockwinkel saunters around the ring, eying down both potential contender over his horn rimmed glasses. Making sure both men get an up close and personal glance at the championship belt, reflecting the lights of the arena shining off of it...

Nick Bockwinkel

Perhaps it provides you both comfort to know that both of you will garner an opportunity at the championship in the long run. What are you hoping comes from this stipulation? That perhaps whoever wins this encounter between you, shall become the champion and you two can have a rematch against one another? How quaint. How admirable and dare I say it...how obviously unbelievable it truly is.

Both men look at Bockwinkel in a mix of confusion and frustration. Bockwinkel has the uncanny ability to absolutely shred a person apart verbally, but do it in the most elegant and more importantly, eloquent matter that made everything sound so pompous and carried a sense of intelligence that made it seem like the Champion was always playing some sort of mind game that he liked being ahead of his opponents in playing...

Nick Bockwinkel

Neither of you will admit it, but I think it necessary to address the truth. Both of you are secretly hoping that if the other happens to win in your encounter? They will only go on to lose in their encounter against me. In idiotic terms, for those lacking the cognitive skills to understand. Both of these men are hoping that if they lose at the end of this month...the man they lost to will inevitably lose to me in February...

Hulk Hogan

YOU'RE A LIAR BOCKWINKEL! YOU CAN ACT LIKE YOU KNOW IT ALL, ALL YOU WANT BROTHER BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY YO-

Bockwinkel does something very few are able to do...he cuts Hogan off mid sentence...to the shock of Hogan...and to the absolute madness of the fans watching.

Nick Bockwinkel

You can balk all you like at the prospect, Hogan, but I think you do protest too much at the prospect I am putting forward and why is that, do you think? Did I hit a nerve? Oh sure, I am sure that both of you are fully capable of playing the part of the righteous avenger in the unfortunate circumstance that your friend who managed to defeat you just...couldn't muster the skill to defeat the champion, Nick Bockwinkel...but you...you'll be different, am I right?

Bobby Heenan

OF COURSE HE'S RIGHT! HE KNOWS IT! I KNOW IT AND WETHER YOU WANNA ADMIT OR NOT HOGAN?! WHETHER YOU WANNA ADMIT IT WAHOO?! YOU BOTH KNOW IT TOO!

Nick Bockwinkel

Let me tell you what will really happen, to both of you, shall we? Starting with you Hogan...You have been riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave of popularity that seems to show no sign of crashing...only growing in size and stature and momentum...all I have heard since the moment you walked into this company that you were a man I needed to keep my eye on and keep an eye on you is exactly what I have done and thus far? Color me unimpressed sir. All sizzle...no steak...I think is the appropriate...and simple way of putting exactly what I think of you and your skill...or should I say lackthereof...into a turn of phrase. Eventually Hogan, that wave will come crashing down. The people will lose faith in you. Their love will begin to falter and when it does, you'll be left cold and alone...wishing you had listened to me. What you are Hogan is a symptom of these idiotic, unwashed, nine to five lifer humanoids clutching at the idea that they can find somebody who represents them to be their champion. You? You will just be another in a long list of failures they have placed their hope in...because in order to be champion? You need to be the best...better than everybody in the AWA...better than me...but most importantly of all Hogan...better than all those people who put their faith in you...and trust me when I tell you. They don't like people better than them. There will come a day when you realise that. Perhaps I'll be the one to teach you that life lesson...

Bockwinkel cracks a smile at Hogan who is beet red and ready to explode but Wahoo reaches out and places a hand on Hogan's shoulder to try and calm him down, to reserve his energy for a more important moment, when all that energy inside of him could be used for a better, more career defining purpose...this causes Bockwinkel to turn his head and attention to Wahoo, and this caused his smile to grow wider...

Nick Bockwinkel

And then there is you Wahoo. I would like for you to know that what I am about to say. I say with complete adoration and respect for what you have done for this company and this industry. You are by no means an athlete whose contributions should be overlooked. But you sir...are not worthy of carrying this belt. Perhaps some day long ago in your prime it would be impossible for me to reach such a conclusion but here, today? Wrestling you? What I would do to you Wahoo...in my opinion would be an act of mercy. Putting you out of your misery, before you did something that embarrassed yourself! We are both men entering the greater years of our lives, but the difference between you and I Wahoo is somewhere along the way on your road? You started coasting...growing complacent with the lower standards these people hold and you just stopped...pushing yourself. Which means when age kicked in for you as it did for me? You felt it far differently than I did. Simply put Wahoo. I never stopped pushing. I never stopped training, I never stopped seeking to BETTER MYSELF...because bettering myself continues to keep me at a point where I can honestly say as a certified fact that I am better than everybody else in this company and everybody who watches this company. I could have taken your path too Wahoo. The path of the hero, who many believe has proven everything he needed to prove and can just coast on by with popularity and respect alone. But popularity and respect don't sign cheques Wahoo...popularity and respect don't bring with them prestige, they don't bring a champion's purse Wahoo. Things that you have NEVER experienced with the World Championship...and I guarantee you Wahoo...You never will either...

With a clear and obvious statement, Bockwinkel takes an obnoxious bow to both his potential competitors, turning to his manager and signalling him it was time for them both to go...and as he does so, he leaves with final parting words to his potential opponents.

Nick Bockwinkel

I look forward to your match gentlemen...Good evening...

Rated: 78

MAIN EVENT

Saito.jpg.c038d16bb99ef7d9ad8dd1207edd292c.jpg VS. Santana.jpg.0bbd8e4512a3aa4ea9a2eb01eddc6193.jpg

The Main Event was a nice surprise as these two styles faced off against one another. Masa's more strong, hard hitting japanese style against Tito's fast, athletic pace. And considering the star power of Masa, who is not as popular as Tito is. The reaction and the heat this got from the crowd showed how well these two men came together. And showed that Masa Saito is no man to sleep on. He had control of this match from early on. managing to cut down Tito in the midst of him building momentum after a horrendous, horrifying chop to the throat. After that Masa showed he had good, mat wrestling basics in his arsenal and used them to create a strategy of keeping Tito to the center of the ring and on the mat. Occasionally taking his chance to deliver a hard elbow to an arm, a stiff kick to a leg, a cheap forearm across the cheek. He started going too far though and after attempting to gouge at Santana's eyes and the referee had to step in and after separating the two men. Tito made a come back. One running dropkick. Two running dropkicks. Three running dropkicks. Arm drag. Arm drag. Running crossbody! Tito with the comeback, he feels the fire! He heads to the top rope and he lands a diving crossbody from the top rope for the pin over Masa Saito! Santana winning the Main Event here tonight!

Rated: 59

After The Match

Santana.jpg.0bbd8e4512a3aa4ea9a2eb01eddc6193.jpgBaron.jpg.3dd1cd400937e63ad153c371de0ab9ab.jpg

Santana is celebrating his victory when alkl of a sudden Baron Von Raschke, PEARL HARBORS Santana from behind, snarling and growling as he delivers a series of clubbing blows across the back and temple of Santana. Before his left arm begins to form that horrifying claw. It swings around seemingly uncontrollable before the Baron reaches down and applies the claw to Santana! He's looking to do some permanent nerve damage to Santana with that horrifying claw. It looks like it's bad for Santana as the show is close to coming to an end when all of a sudden...

Martel.jpg.e22168f0c66a1de6ecd403c8f6bcb98f.jpg

IT'S RICK MARTEL! MARTEL HERE TO MAKE THE SAVE AND RETURN THE FAVOR FROM LAST WEEK! 

As Martel charges into the arena the Baron high tails it out of the ring and leaves clutching at his claw arm as it tries to snap and grab at officials and members of the crowd. Snarling in frustration with a face of disbelief that this has happened to him once again. Martel standing protectively and helping the man who saved him back to his feet...

Rated:44

Overall 58

Edited by Neon_Peon