Chronicles - 1992 (Historical Real World Mod)

There will be a final 2020 version of this next week with what we have done to it since last release. This is the last update I'll be working on and just releasing for anyone who wants to convert it over when TEW IX is released.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KingBDL said:

I might be stupid... But wheres the download link?

All the downloads are being moved as there was an issue with them. A new upload will be up next weekend at some point.

• Like 2

I think many of us here would love to help you Sky with the conversion if you need it. If you need someone to look up venues on cagematch or find obscure enhancement talent guys, I would help for sure! This mod and Mammoth's 1970 mods are the only ones I play since no playable 1980 mod exists

The main issue time wise with converting is going to be updating dates of birth, debut dates, heights & weights, for 7000 workers on top of title lineages needing thousands of dates updated. Thats a lot of data inputting and not something that appeals to me. Events are likely going to need updating at some point too. I'm not going to stand in anyones way who wants to convert it though but in order to get it to the standard it has reached on 2020, it needs a lot of work after conversion. Venues shouldn't need much work done (I spent 5 hours researching them) but who knows.

If I didn't have a job that wipes me out I'd have been happy to continue the mod.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fleisch said:

The main issue time wise with converting is going to be updating dates of birth, debut dates, heights & weights, for 7000 workers on top of title lineages needing thousands of dates updated. Thats a lot of data inputting and not something that appeals to me. Events are likely going to need updating at some point too. I'm not going to stand in anyones way who wants to convert it though but in order to get it to the standard it has reached on 2020, it needs a lot of work after conversion. Venues shouldn't need much work done (I spent 5 hours researching them) but who knows.

If I didn't have a job that wipes me out I'd have been happy to continue the mod.

So here comes one immediate major benefit of an outside editor. Once one person has done that work, you can then use Excel to delete anything that has no matches in your own database, take the data from the work someone has done (preferably giving them credit) and paste all that data en masse into your own database and voila! No longer do you have to worry about whether you use one complete record or not, you can instead update individual micro-records much quicker. This may be worth a collective group effort to get a proper Excel/Access sheet up and running that we can all use as a baseline.

The outside editor function honestly will make a world of difference once people start using and understanding it. It'll allow much more seamless data creation across the community.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2024 at 4:40 PM, benjirino said:

So here comes one immediate major benefit of an outside editor. Once one person has done that work, you can then use Excel to delete anything that has no matches in your own database, take the data from the work someone has done (preferably giving them credit) and paste all that data en masse into your own database and voila! No longer do you have to worry about whether you use one complete record or not, you can instead update individual micro-records much quicker. This may be worth a collective group effort to get a proper Excel/Access sheet up and running that we can all use as a baseline.

The outside editor function honestly will make a world of difference once people start using and understanding it. It'll allow much more seamless data creation across the community.

A VLOOKUP would accomplish this cross-reference from a "main" or "template" file someone else did as well, since that would be a direct 1:1 from Wrestler X to Wrestler X, instead of copying+pasting a thousand cells and mistakenly attaching the info to the wrong worker.

• Like 1

I didn't get any time this weekend to work on anything so I'm unlikely to add anything else to it. I'll try and have it up this week at some point but I'm really busy at work so last thing I want to do when I get home is sit at another PC.

With regards to the collective copy and paste file - this isn't going to work for everything on historic mods. Heights & Min/Max weights are fine to copy and paste, as are dates of birth and debut dates but "current" weights will need to be edited manually (for example) you can't copy Ravens 2024 current weight as his 1992 current weight because he was about 50lbs lighter back then.

Before I am misquoted or called miserable - that is not to say that the "one for all" approach isn't going to be a benefit (I'm not knocking it and think it's going to be a tremendous help and save countless hours), all I am saying is I think people need to be realistic in their expectations, as there will still need to be manual work put in to get different data sets up and running properly.

I just wish I had the time to put the effort needed into getting the 92 mod copied across. Anyway - that's my break over so I will be going back to work!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Fleisch said:

I didn't get any time this weekend to work on anything so I'm unlikely to add anything else to it. I'll try and have it up this week at some point but I'm really busy at work so last thing I want to do when I get home is sit at another PC.

With regards to the collective copy and paste file - this isn't going to work for everything on historic mods. Heights & Min/Max weights are fine to copy and paste, as are dates of birth and debut dates but "current" weights will need to be edited manually (for example) you can't copy Ravens 2024 current weight as his 1992 current weight because he was about 50lbs lighter back then.

Before I am misquoted or called miserable - that is not to say that the "one for all" approach isn't going to be a benefit (I'm not knocking it and think it's going to be a tremendous help and save countless hours), all I am saying is I think people need to be realistic in their expectations, as there will still need to be manual work put in to get different data sets up and running properly.

I just wish I had the time to put the effort needed into getting the 92 mod copied across. Anyway - that's my break over so I will be going back to work!

All I can say is thank you, you made TEW 2020 fun for me with this mod and I've done multiple career on every version! 

Take the needed rest and enjoy the game when you wish!

On 7/22/2024 at 5:46 PM, Fleisch said:

Is that a definite end to the 1992 mod?

Or is it just on a slow transition to IX with no deadline?