Chronicles - 1992 (Historical Real World Mod)

On 3/11/2024 at 11:32 AM, gwblack said:

Every time I try to invite ECW or any other promotion to join the NWA in a WCW game, NJPW rejects it.

This is just standard because NJPW is a large company and doesn't want to be in an alliance with small companies. The only real way around it is to be 2P with NJPW

15 hours ago, Moxley said:

I'll post it here so others can weigh in if they notice any mistakes on my part. I used a mix of Cagematch and Wikipedia as sources. 

Birth Date / Debut Date:

Bull Pain / June 1961 /  July 1984

Debut Dates:

Chris Candido / March 1986
Dennis Knight / July 1989
Doug Gilbert / February 1986        
Duane Gill / April 1987
Eddie Guerrero / September 1986
Edge / July 1992
El Samurai / July 1986
Erik Watts / August 1992
Gary Albright / May 1988
Gary Wolfe / January 1988
Gedo / March 1989
Ice Train / June 1990
Jado / March 1989
Jeff Jarrett / June 1985
Joey Maggs / September 1987
Jody Hamilton / November 1955
Kid Kash / October 1989
Kiyoshi Tamura / May 1989        
Marc Mero / July 1991
Owen Hart / December 1983
Robin Hood / December 1979
Sean Waltman / April 1990
Steven Regal / May 1983

Thanks for this. Couple of queries though, El Samurai, Jado, Joey Maggs, Marc Mero & Steven Regal all have their correct debuts. I don't know why they would be different in your download. Could someone else just check their data and see if they have different dates for those 5 guys than dates listed. If so it means the wrong data is uploaded.

2 hours ago, Fleisch said:

Thanks for this. Couple of queries though, El Samurai, Jado, Joey Maggs, Marc Mero & Steven Regal all have their correct debuts. I don't know why they would be different in your download. Could someone else just check their data and see if they have different dates for those 5 guys than dates listed. If so it means the wrong data is uploaded.

No no that's on me. I had a notepad open with all of the guys whose debut dates I had changed but closed it on accident without saving so listed the guys off memory. Sorry about the confusion

And honestly with Ice Train, everywhere I look it says he debuted in 1990, but I can't find anything on him post-football and pre-WCW so you might as well just have him debut when he debuted in WCW. 

7 minutes ago, Moxley said:

No no that's on me. I had a notepad open with all of the guys whose debut dates I had changed but closed it on accident without saving so listed the guys off memory. Sorry about the confusion

And honestly with Ice Train, everywhere I look it says he debuted in 1990, but I can't find anything on him post-football and pre-WCW so you might as well just have him debut when he debuted in WCW. 

Oh that's good then. I just had this horrible feeling I'd uploaded the wrong data. I've added the others to the "to do" list. :) 

This is really amazing work! Thank you for your time and effort!

For a future version, it might be worth taking thorough a pass at worker's starting gimmicks versus their attributes, as many are in conflict with each other. Let's take Vince McMahon. He's set as Legitimate/Authority Figure for both face and heel to start. But he has the "Can't Play Legitimate" attribute, giving him penalties. He should have plenty of penalties for being a garbage human being, but not for playing his gimmick, as he was one of the best ever at what he did on screen.

Thank you again for your hard work and time.

Just adding something I forgot to mention:

There may be cases where it makes sense to have the starting gimmick basis in conflict with attributes, like when the worker is bad at their gimmick. But most of the time I imagine that should not be the case.

14 hours ago, MFP40 said:

This is really amazing work! Thank you for your time and effort!

For a future version, it might be worth taking thorough a pass at worker's starting gimmicks versus their attributes, as many are in conflict with each other. Let's take Vince McMahon. He's set as Legitimate/Authority Figure for both face and heel to start. But he has the "Can't Play Legitimate" attribute, giving him penalties. He should have plenty of penalties for being a garbage human being, but not for playing his gimmick, as he was one of the best ever at what he did on screen.

Thank you again for your hard work and time.

This issue is a result of being based on a 2016 mod, as the gimmick categories in 2016 and 2020 don't align

I'm trying to fix examples of this as I go

Started this with GWF and noticed a couple of things from watching the Super Show in December 1991 last night which would likely be still accurate for Jan 1992 (absolutely open to correction on this).

- The Lightning Kid was a member of the roster and feuding with Jerry Lynn over the Light Heavyweight title

- Mike and Tom Davis I believe were heels (feuding in a tag cage match against father and son babyfaces Chaz and Tug Taylor)

- Eddie Gilbert was a heel and was Television champion (title isn't in the game)

- Sweet Daddy Falcone isn't in the game and perhaps should be as he was in a few other show I watched too.

- Bill Irwin and Rattlesnack Raitz were babyfaces and challenged the California Connection (heels) to a match for 10 grand

- Steve Simpson should be on the roster (unsure on his brother Shaun).

3 minutes ago, Powerful_Fox said:

The only workers I can find with "fal" in the name are"

Alexxis Falcon

Buffalo Breheny

El Falcòn

Fale Simitaitoko

Fallah Bahh

Tony Falk

I don't see any workers under the term "Guido".

You sure you're on the latest version? Cause he got added in one of the recent releases IIRC. So if you haven't updated in a bit, that might be why you can't find him.

Like he should just be on the normal GWF roster...

Edited by raspymorten

Hmm odd as I only installed the mod two days ago (as i just installed the game onto a new laptop) but it says in the DB that it's version 2.5 on the whiteboard in the editor. So that will be why.

I'll hop on and get the new version. Much appreciated.

To be honest though, I think he was going by the Sweet Daddy Falcone name in GWF early 1992 so might change his contracted name to that but yeah, default name in GWF is Guido Falcone in the current 3.1 data. :)

1 hour ago, Fleisch said:

To be honest though, I think he was going by the Sweet Daddy Falcone name in GWF early 1992 so might change his contracted name to that but yeah, default name in GWF is Guido Falcone in the current 3.1 data. :)

All working now yeah. Just did the one show in the old data version so no harm done lol.

Ah is the GIF version an older version, as I downloaded that one previously.

2 hours ago, Powerful_Fox said:

All working now yeah. Just did the one show in the old data version so no harm done lol.

Ah is the GIF version an older version, as I downloaded that one previously.

Yeah the gif version is outdated. I'm not even sure the last time @Mildly_Amusing was active.

I'm looking to start a new save with what is my favorite historical mod of all time, but I have a question ! Basically, I'm looking into adding some future workers (mostly rom the French and Belgian scene) for my own use, but I don't want to either have them too good or not enough. So, I was wondering how do you rate your workers, specifically those that haven't debuted yet ?
I know more or less how to rate people who have debuted already (watching their matches, etc and comparing them to workers already in the mod), but for people who have not debuted, and even more in the cases of those who have little to no footages online, I have no clue how to rate properly.

Thanks for any advices, and again, congrats on doing such an amazing job !

21 minutes ago, Mildly_Amusing said:

I've been going through a pretty rough time so far this year with illness and family members ill in hospital. I'll get around to updating the GIF version when I can get some time to do it.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things start to look up for you soon.

1 hour ago, Mildly_Amusing said:

I've been going through a pretty rough time so far this year with illness and family members ill in hospital. I'll get around to updating the GIF version when I can get some time to do it.

Wishing you nothing but the best man.

2 hours ago, Mildly_Amusing said:

I'm so sorry my friend. Do not rush at all. Family is so much more important than TEW. Hopefully everything shakes out in a positive way.

3 hours ago, ArcheoOutOfNowhere said:

I'm looking to start a new save with what is my favorite historical mod of all time, but I have a question ! Basically, I'm looking into adding some future workers (mostly rom the French and Belgian scene) for my own use, but I don't want to either have them too good or not enough. So, I was wondering how do you rate your workers, specifically those that haven't debuted yet ?
I know more or less how to rate people who have debuted already (watching their matches, etc and comparing them to workers already in the mod), but for people who have not debuted, and even more in the cases of those who have little to no footages online, I have no clue how to rate properly.

Thanks for any advices, and again, congrats on doing such an amazing job !

I mostly go with my gut, balancing for the fact that these workers didn't make it in real life

If you're looking to expand a certain scene DM me, we'd love to have your help for a future update later in the year

I don't know what the problem is, but I do not seem to be able to unzip any of the picture files. The data file was fine, but the picture files will not unzip, and I have used ExpressZip (by NCH Software), Winzip, and Total Zip, all of which are supposed to be software that can unzip .rar or .7z files.