Chronicles - 1992 (Historical Real World Mod)

41 minutes ago, Fleisch said:

Have you created a blank database in the editor (so it generates the correct folders) and then put the data/pictures in the generated folders? Manually creating the folders doesn't normally work as far as I'm aware. Other than that, I don't know why it isn't showing up as it seems to be working for other people. Make sure you are putting the database file and not the winrar file in the database folder as well (sounds simple but people have put the winrar file in before - it won't work unless it is the .mdb file in the folder).

thanks that worked.

Edited by KingLuffy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jugg said:

Do you have any idea when you are going to release the GIF version?

That would be up to Mildly Amusing (or anyone else who uses the gif version) as to when/if they want (or indeed have time) to update it. It was always an add on rather than something I would do (I don't use gif versions of mods as I don't really like them). 🙂

I've added a little bit to post 1 that will list fixes that have been pointed out so we don't get duplicates. 

2 hours ago, alexhudson1996 said:

Weird question, but for example when Raw started in real life is there a way that WWF in game would start to broadcast Raw instead of the old shows?

There's no narrative option to do this and the AI wouldn't do it normally... it's sadly just a limitation of TEW

I just wanted to jot a few things I have noticed as well

Rey mysterio is based in South East but would wrestle in Mexico until 1995.
Raven is set as Raven but is wrestling as Scott Anthony/ Scotty the Body at the start of 1992.
Glen Jacobs didn't debut until December of 1992.

I also noticed a lot of wrestlers who are rookies have 50 experience. A lot would have basically 0. They've also got popularity but haven't debuted yet? I could make a list of these but I think it would take a long while to adjust them all

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 11:54 AM, kinqconnor said:

I just wanted to jot a few things I have noticed as well

Rey mysterio is based in South East but would wrestle in Mexico until 1995.
Raven is set as Raven but is wrestling as Scott Anthony/ Scotty the Body at the start of 1992.
Glen Jacobs didn't debut until December of 1992.

I also noticed a lot of wrestlers who are rookies have 50 experience. A lot would have basically 0. They've also got popularity but haven't debuted yet? I could make a list of these but I think it would take a long while to adjust them all

His alter egos should be set up that he doesn't use the Raven default gimmick until he did in real life but I'll check when I'm next home (I'm away at the moment).

I will edit the rookies. Didn't realise there was so many as it was something looked at last year. Again, I will look into it more when I'm home.

Thank you for the feedback.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, alexhudson1996 said:

Weird question, but for example when Raw started in real life is there a way that WWF in game would start to broadcast Raw instead of the old shows?

A way around it would be, when the time comes, add another player, take over WWF as owner, set up the shows and then leave the game.

• Like 1

So I've gone through the rookies and changed the Experience for them (anyone with 50+). 

With regards to Raven, the way alter egos work in the game means that even though his default name is Raven, he won't go by that name until 1994. Anywhere he wrestles until he turns 30 he will be called Scotty the Body so there is no error in the data (he's even called Scotty the Body in his PNW contract). He will use the Johnny Polo gimmick if he joins WWF before he turns 32. He will use the Scotty Flamingo name if he joins WCW before he turns 31.

Glenn Jacobs debuted as the Christmas Creature in December 1992, but before that he was known as Angus King and debuted in June 1992. No idea why he is set to having a January 1991 debut - must be an oversight as the first match I can find for him from 92 is Dumptruck & Angus King vs. Shadow Warriors in a tag match.

Rey Misterio Jr. home base now set to Centro in Mexico.

Keep the feedback coming :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaw88 said:

Great mod!

Is there a quick fix to adding pictures for events and titles? They're in the pack but pictures need to be manually placed

All of them? Because in my data they are all assigned.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is something you want to touch, but because he has a "back injury" Mr. Perfect is unavailable for angles in the WWF from the start of the same, when obviously he was used heavily in angles in real life. It would require editing of the injury to allow him to take part in angles.

1 hour ago, StatboyVT said:

Not sure if this is something you want to touch, but because he has a "back injury" Mr. Perfect is unavailable for angles in the WWF from the start of the same, when obviously he was used heavily in angles in real life. It would require editing of the injury to allow him to take part in angles.

I'm pretty sure all pre set injuries make it so they can't be used regardless of how the injury is set up.

1 hour ago, Jaysin said:

I'm pretty sure all pre set injuries make it so they can't be used regardless of how the injury is set up.

I just edited the injury "Back Injury" and started a new save, and now it says he can take part in angles. Beefcake's initial injury was different though. He could always take part in angles, and his injury (fractured cheek bone) did not require an edit.

But now I have to go through and set up everything again...new TV deals, new storylines, etc. And I'm completely unmotivated to do so, haha.

Edited by StatboyVT

53 minutes ago, StatboyVT said:

I just edited the injury "Back Injury" and started a new save, and now it says he can take part in angles. Beefcake's initial injury was different though. He could always take part in angles, and his injury (fractured cheek bone) did not require an edit.

But now I have to go through and set up everything again...new TV deals, new storylines, etc. And I'm completely unmotivated to do so, haha.

Glad I was wrong! Not sure why I had that thought in my head

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 4:01 AM, Jaysin said:

Random, but the Dangerous Alliance should be a faction instead of an alliance despite having alliance in the name. 

I will change it for next time. Thanks.

I'm also going through the injury file ensuring people who could appear as managers;/commentators still can.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Version whatever we are up to will be out sometime in late March. Skycrasher has been adding/fixing things and at the beginning of March I will then be adding my stuff. Depending on how much Skycrasher has left after that I'll send it back with the "plan" for a late March release.

This will be the last release for a while (I'll still update any major issues that prevent game play) but I think people would like to actually play long term games which was the point of the mod so if we release updates every couple of months it is likely stopping people from doing this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1