• Wolverines Interrogate Monroe   59
  • Nelson Blais Promo   31
  • TAVARE LORING VS HOWLING DOG   44
  • Post Match Attack   40
  • Report Card: John McClean   55
  • TYLER & DALAY VS CHANDLER & MAVERICK   63   
  • Soldiers of Fortune Are Back   55
  • FINAL RATING   62

Good thing I wrote most of this episode a few weeks back. I've been distracted this week with a Road to Glory game in TEW IX. I didn't think I'd get so invested in the new version of the game, but there we are. 

Bit of a strange episode. I didn't plan for the undercard to be so focused on one batch of characters, but I also didn't have much else. Eric Tyler is absolutely phenomenal. He and DaLay have excellent chemistry as a team and it just knocked him into another gear in the main event. 

image.jpeg

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling...

CGC Bubbleweight Title: Nelson Blais vs Black Sheep
Soldiers of Fortune vs Frankie Flame & Rash Reilly
Jon Jetson & ????? vs Moore Moose

Who will Jon Jetson's partner be this time?

• Like 3

CGC Bubbleweight Title: Nelson Blais vs Black Sheep
Soldiers of Fortune vs Frankie Flame & Rash Reilly
Jon Jetson & ????? vs Moore Moose

Who will Jon Jetson's partner be this time?

I honestly don't know. But unless it's a surprise out of left field, Moore Moose is going to give he and his partner the business again.

PS: Loving Black Sheep's matches. Loving them.

On 8/14/2024 at 9:34 PM, sonny912 said:

Who are  Heidi brooks, Dixie diamond and Lillian Baron? Does this mean the soldiers are faces now or are they tweeners?

The women are names from the 1977 mod. Melissa Monroe's key rivals when she was the California Women's Champion in 1976. Heidi Brooks is the most relevant to Cverse history. One of the best women's wrestlers in the 70's and 80's, who later co-founded the trailblazing women's promotion AAA. A beloved babyface, Heidi tended to come out on top in her feuds with the villainous, scheming Melissa. In 'real life' they were best friends in '77 and remain strong friends in '97. 

As for the Soldiers, you'll have to keep tuning in to find out. In-game, they're still set as Heel. Generally, I don't like the whole 'Tweener' label. You're either designed to be liked or designed to be hated... but there's definitely value in letting some mystery hang in the air for a few weeks.

By some miracle, it looks like I might actually hit my deadline and post an episode tomorrow. I've been VERY distracted playing TEW9 lately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Self said:

The women are names from the 1977 mod. Melissa Monroe's key rivals when she was the California Women's Champion in 1976. Heidi Brooks is the most relevant to Cverse history. One of the best women's wrestlers in the 70's and 80's, who later co-founded the trailblazing women's promotion AAA. A beloved babyface, Heidi tended to come out on top in her feuds with the villainous, scheming Melissa. In 'real life' they were best friends in '77 and remain strong friends in '97. 

As for the Soldiers, you'll have to keep tuning in to find out. In-game, they're still set as Heel. Generally, I don't like the whole 'Tweener' label. You're either designed to be liked or designed to be hated... but there's definitely value in letting some mystery hang in the air for a few weeks.

By some miracle, it looks like I might actually hit my deadline and post an episode tomorrow. I've been VERY distracted playing TEW9 lately. 

I feel like there should be some kinda lore explanation space in your post show lineups so readers won't get confused by all these references. You could call it mr Taylor's history class where Eric would fill in on key moments of wrestling history and degrade us for not meeting his standards.

Tell that to Steve Austin.

Speaking of tew9 you thinking a doing a diary there alongside alongside this? And what re your thoughts on the cwa? You love cgc so much so why not do a diary based on it's successor?

14 minutes ago, sonny912 said:

I feel like there should be some kinda lore explanation space in your post show lineups so readers won't get confused by all these references. You could call it mr Taylor's history class where Eric would fill in on key moments of wrestling history and degrade us for not meeting his standards.

Tell that to Steve Austin.

Speaking of tew9 you thinking a doing a diary there alongside alongside this? And what re your thoughts on the cwa? You love cgc so much so why not do a diary based on it's successor?

My original plan for this chapter was to add some profile/backstory sections to the shows themselves, but as I'm winding this down it seemed like too much effort to add a whole bunch of new sections. I kind of thought that specific reference explained itself. Whipper said Melissa tends to stab other women in the back, and then he listed some names of women. There isn't really anything more to it. However, I do agree wrestling tends to underexplain itself sometimes, and I'm sure I'm as guilty of making that mistake as anyone. 

With the exception of the short Bret-vs-America run, I don't believe Steve Austin was a 'Tweener'.

I will never run two diaries at the same time. I can barely handle running a diary and a normal private game at the same time. As for CWA, it's too big for me. The shows are too long. The roster is too large. It's too successful and high profile a promotion. I've never booked more than a handful of shows as them before losing interest. When the TEW9 demo came out, I did think about it. Edd Stone vs Cameron Vessey and Knight vs Elite are two storylines I can absolutely work with... but what about the other 60+ members of the roster? I kind of resent CWA. Logically, I agree it was time for CGC to die, but emotionally to me CWA is company that killed it. 

I do love me some Edd Stone though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Self said:

My original plan for this chapter was to add some profile/backstory sections to the shows themselves, but as I'm winding this down it seemed like too much effort to add a whole bunch of new sections. I kind of thought that specific reference explained itself. Whipper said Melissa tends to stab other women in the back, and then he listed some names of women. There isn't really anything more to it. However, I do agree wrestling tends to underexplain itself sometimes, and I'm sure I'm as guilty of making that mistake as anyone. 

With the exception of the short Bret-vs-America run, I don't believe Steve Austin was a 'Tweener'.

I will never run two diaries at the same time. I can barely handle running a diary and a normal private game at the same time. As for CWA, it's too big for me. The shows are too long. The roster is too large. It's too successful and high profile a promotion. I've never booked more than a handful of shows as them before losing interest. When the TEW9 demo came out, I did think about it. Edd Stone vs Cameron Vessey and Knight vs Elite are two storylines I can absolutely work with... but what about the other 60+ members of the roster? I kind of resent CWA. Logically, I agree it was time for CGC to die, but emotionally to me CWA is company that killed it. 

I do love me some Edd Stone though. 

Winding down? You mean this is gonna finish soon? Man, then this'll be your shortlist diary I've known.

So if cgc's dead and you don't like cwa what are gonna do now? You have any interest in the real world? Cause I got some idea for diaries that I can't play myself like rebooking nwa-tna from the very beginning in 2002 with Billy Corgan as owner instead of Dixie Carter. 

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Big breaking news just moments ago. Jon Jetson has been looking for a partner to take on Moore Moose, and he's found one. CGC World Champion Barry Bowen has volunteered his services, but why? Let's hear from Roger Rogers for answers."

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg

ROGER ROGER
What kind of manager would I be if I didn't aid my clients in their
 time of need? Jon Jetson needed a partner and I have graciously
 provided him the CGC World Champion. Barry Bowen doesn't 
usually fight for anyone but himself, but he and I have a special
 connection. A deep friendship. He'd do anything for me, even
 mix it up with the do-nothing likes of-

image.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN barges into the interview zone and takes the microphone.

BARRY BOWEN
Moore Moose! You think you can take my daughter from me! 
Tonight I'm going to run you down!

Bowen leaves.

ROGER ROGERS
He may also have heard from an anonymous source that his
daughter Lisa has preordered the new Moore Moose t-shirt.
Shameful. What a terrible thing for a little girl to do to her Dad.

image.jpeg

IN-RING

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

The School of Tradition have taken over the ring. Headmaster ERIC TYLER takes center stage, protected by the massive DAN DALAY. Suck up JOHN McCLEAN brings Tyler the microphone as FRANKIE FLAME and RASH REILLY fire spitballs into the crowd.

ERIC TYLER
Settle down and listen up! School is now is session. Today's lesson
 is on Loyalty. Or the lack thereof. Last week I was moments away
 from winning the CGC Tag Team Titles, providing a valuable teaching
 moment to the world... when the Soldiers of Fortune stabbed me
 in the back. That's no way to show loyalty. I treated them like 
brothers in arms. Comrades. They weren't just my employees, 
they were family. And this is how they repay me? This is how 
they show loyalty to their friend?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

The Soldiers of Fortune; CHANCE and FATE show no fear as they head to the ring and confront the five men. Most of whom hide behind DaLay. 

FATE
We were never friends, Tyler. You were a client, nothing more.
 And now we have a new one.

ERIC TYLER
Okay then! Spill it! Who paid you to stab me in the back? Who's 
this new backer of yours? Chandler? Maverick? George DeColt?

FATE
That's confidential, but let's just say they really don't want you 
winning those tag belts. 

ERIC TYLER
Is that right? Well, if you don't want to talk, perhaps we'll beat the
 information out of you. My students are at the top of their game.
 I don't need a couple of disloyal mercenaries any more. 

The Students attack, but Frankie is immediately taken out with a Spinebuster, while Chance presses Rash over his head. Tyler flees in the chaos. McClean tries to follow but Rash is hurled over the top rope on top of him. Security swarm in to establish some order, as Eric Tyler gives instructions and The Soldiers are ready for more. 

/w John McClean
FRANKIE FLAME & RASH REILLY
SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

Chance & Fate

Jerome Turner "The Soldiers of Fortune have a new benefactor... but who?"

Fate selects Reilly as his chosen one. Rash doesn't take it seriously, until he's on the receiving end of some cohesive destruction. McClean interferes repeatedly to give his classmates the upper hand for a little while, but the Soldiers knows every trick in the Eric Tyler playbook. Veteran Chance brings Frankie behind enemy lines, where he suffers a brutal Fate! Rash tries to escape his Fate, but it's inevitable. Spinebuster! Senton! 1... 2... 3.

SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE WIN (6:10)

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews TAVARE LORING, ROCKY PSYCHO, and WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN.

TAVARE LORING
You want me to talk? Fine. I'll talk. Howling Dog is a joke; a parody
 of a culture that should have been dead and buried long ago. I'm 
not a parody. I'm not a stereotype. I won't put on feathers and sequins
 and dance for your amusement. I didn't turn on my people at 'In the 
Company of Legends'. I stood with them. I have more in common
 with men like Rocky Psycho and Wolfgang Zimmerman than I ever
 did with Howling Dog. We're fighters. Outsiders. Invaders in a 
foreign land. We won't assimilate. We dominate. 

image.jpeg

IN RING

image.jpeg

All healed up and bandage-free, STEVE DECOLT heads to the ring. 

STEVE DECOLT
After weeks of lonely nights, Stunning Steve is back from suspension 
and ready to strut his stuff all over DeColt County. Fathers, lock up your 
daughters. Wrestlers, put on your dancing shoes. So many names, so little
 time, but the number one name on my list is Barry Bowen. My face may 
have healed, but there's a empty. empty space around my sweet, sweet 
waist that only the CGC World Title belt can fill. Stunning Steve refuses
 to be stood up. I want another date with destiny. I want a rematch 
with Barry Bowen! 

image.jpeg

He doesn't get Bowen. Instead he gets MELISSA MONROE.

MELISSA MONROE
Delightful to see you again, Steven. Well, I suppose I would have seen 
you during Whipper's big soiree, had it not been for all of the bandages.
 But you've healed up just lovely, haven't you. Ready to get back in the 
saddle and paint the paint red... but I'm afraid you won't be doing it 
with Barry Bowen. The Matchmaking Committee is concerned about
 you, darling. The unpleasantness with the Bowen girl is something we
 don't want to see repeated. You're going to have to earn back our trust. 
If you want to make it back to the top, you're going to have to start at
 the bottom. Prove yourself. 

STEVE DECOLT
You want to dance with Stunning Steve, Miss Monroe? That's fine by 
me. After far too many weeks of lonely nights, I can more than handle
 a woman with your 'experience'. Show me what you've got.

PEDRO MONSOON VS STEVE DECOLT
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Monroe was serious when she said Steve would be starting from the bottom. Pedro is fresh out of wrestling school without a professional win to his name."

Steve easily struts his stuff, overpowering Pedro and stretching him over his knee with a backbreaker hold. He's confident. Over-confident, which allows Pedro to briefly get the upper hand until Steve gets serious. Luscious Lariat! Sexy Slam! DeColt Stampede (Running Bulldog)! 1. 2. 3.

STEVE DECOLT WIN (4:15)

image.jpeg

DATING SHOW SET

image.jpeg

ALEX DECOLT
Hi. I'm CGC Television Champion; Alex DeColt, and I can't wait to
 watch the season finale of Soul Dates, this Wednesday. Rebecca's
 looking for love, but we she pick the man of her dreams, or the
 KGB Agent trying to seduce her to steal government secrets? Find
 out this Wednesday, only on GNS.

image.jpeg

CGC BUBBLEWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
 image.png
NELSON BLAIS VS BLACK SHEEP

Jerome Turner "Nelson Blais has proven he can pin the champion. Can he do it again with the title on the line?"

Blais is locked and loaded and ready to shoot the champion out of the sky... and Black Sheep is happy to tease him about it. He climbs up top... and climbs back down. He bounces on the ropes... and just keeps bouncing. He puts on an old timey pair of flying goggles and scarf... and just does arm wringers. Blais is getting frustrated. 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

GEORGE DECOLT, WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS, and several members of Security surround the ring. All eyes on Black Sheep, they patiently wait for the match to end, but leave no room for escape. 

Jerome Turner "Black Sheep is still the No.1 Suspect in the disappearance of Helen Wheels."

Distracted, Black Sheep is grounded for a military grade beatdown, and has to think fast. He runs! He tumbles! He teases Nelson's itchy trigger finger with more fake-outs! Referee Greg Chapman has to jump in the air to avoid a rolling Sheep and- Anti Air Missile (Dropkick to Flying Opponent) shoots the referee out of the sky! 

NO CONTEST (6:52)

Chapman is down and George & Whipper instantly go to check on him. Blais is mortified. 

Black Sheep sees a gap and makes a run for it. Security give chase but he leads them on a merry chase around, through, and under the ring, making a left turn at Albuquerque and escaping when they all run into each other. 

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN
Mr. Tyler works in mysterious ways. I was pretty steamed to
 not be chosen as his tag team partner, but clearly he planned
 this all along. I have another task, and that is to replace Alex
 DeColt as CGC Television Champion. Alex is a terrible choice to
 represent this company on TV. He is a degenerate, who literally 
fought against the very ideals of traditionalism and education
 that GNS should stand for. They deserve a champion who will 
promote proper manners, traditional values, and an abundance 
of educational programming. I will take that belt from him next 
week and, under Mr. Tyler's guidance, give GNS a representative
 to be proud of.

image.jpeg

/w Roger Rogers
BARRY BOWEN & JON JETSON
MOORE MOOSE

Ted Moore & Moose Mulder

Jerome Turner "Jetson has repeatedly tried and failed to beat this new tag team, but now he has the CGC World Champion on his side."

Moore Moose have some fun with Jetson, who seems completely unable to get the upper hand on the brawny duo. They've become a well oiled machine, specifically calibrated to make Jetson look like an idiot. The match switches tracks as soon as a seething Bowen gets involved, trading failure for constant forward momentum. He pummels Ted into oblivion, building steam, and making sure the camera gets a good look at the youngster's suffering. He wants his daughter to see.

Jetson tags himself in, wanting the glory for himself. Ted's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he knows this is his chance. Backdrop! Time to give the crowd what they want; Moore Moose! Mulder batters Jetson with burly brawling, and has plenty left over for Bowen too. He goes toe to toe with the World Champion until Jetson hits a sneak attack. Slingshot Suplex! 1... 2... Ted makes the save!

Bowen takes Ted outside and rams him into the guard rails at terrifying speeds, while Jetson tries another Slingshot Suplex. Moose is too strong. Gordbuster! He winds up the Moose Punch, but Jetson ducks and it nails Bowen, who happened to be getting into the ring at that moment. The champion drops! Out like a light! Mulder's shocked... and Jetson takes advantage by rolling him up for the 1... 2... 3! 

BARRY BOWEN & JON JETSON WIN (9:40)

Jerome Turner "Jetson finally has the victory, but the real story here is that Moose Punch! Is Bowen unconscious? I've never seen him go down like that!" 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

image.jpeg

Sunday Week 4 July 1997
Calgary, Alberta (781 in attendance)
0.02 rating on GNS (18,308 viewers)

• Rogers & Bowen Promo   49
  • School of Tradition call out Soldiers   50
  • FRANKIE & RASH VS SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE   40
  • Tavare Loring Promo   39
  • Steve DeColt & Melissa Monroe   68
  • PEDRO MONSOON VS STEVE DECOLT   44
  • Alex DeColt Plugs Soul Dates   70
  • NELSON BLAIS VS BLACK SHEEP   44
  • Black Sheep Escapes   63
  • John McClean Promo   40
  • BOWEN & JETSON VS MOORE MOOSE   57
  • FINAL RATING   61

I was very pleased with that main event. I know Moose Mulder can deliver, but Ted is so green and unproven it could have gone all wrong.

Eric Tyler continues to cause problems for Fate backstage, tricking a certain angry Italian into Strongly Disliking the Soldier of Fortune. 

As for my next project... I'm not a guy who needs to have a project on the go at all times. They take up a lot of my time, and mostly I like just playing games without writing about them. There's also a disconnect between what I like to book, and what I think makes a good diary. Most of my private games are small indy promotions. Live event wrestling. Travelling to small towns like a travelling circus. But that's not the most engaging thing to write. Weekly episodic TV works best for my style.

I haven't really played many modern C-verse promotions. I spent most of TEW 2020 playing historical mods. I should probably try the newer stuff, but I'm old and set in my ways. I did have the idea of CGC in 2001 or 2005. This was a snapshot of the company in 1997. Let's fast-forward a few years to see what that's like. At the same time, maybe I've said everything I need to see about the DeColts. I'm not as comfortable with nepotism as I used to be. 

My current TEW9 game is a Road to Glory, zero-to-hero game set in Wales, which I'm enjoying a lot. Again, it's live event wrestling, where you take the same matches around the country and try to scratch out a living. Not a thrilling episodic tale. It'll take a few more games in the current universe before I find something that captures my attention. And I hope something does. I've enjoyed this, and it TEW9 hadn't been announced it would have likely gone longer. Maybe the full year of 1997 before ending with the New Year's Eve episode. 

(I'll post the card for the next episode later... once I figure out which matches go where. I am behind schedule.)

• Like 6

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "Last week the CGC World Champion was knocked out! The unstoppable Runaway Train; Barry Bowen was truly stopped in his tracks for the first time I can recall, by the Moose Punch. We'll get words from Moose Mulder, and the Champion's manager Roger Rogers tonight."

image.jpeg

BARRY KINGMAN VS STEVE DECOLT

Jerome Turner "Steve DeColt is fighting to earn back the Matchmaking Committee's trust."

Steve tries to strut his stuff, but he isn't the only second-generation fighter in the ring, and Barry has inherited plenty of his father's counters to the classic DeColt arsenal. Steve has to think outside the box, and does so with a head scissors! Clumsy, but enough to throw Kingman Jr off. Luscious Lariat! Sexy Slam! DeColt Stampede (Running Bulldog)! 1. 2. 3.

STEVE DECOLT WINS (3:45)

image.jpeg

SCHOOL OF TRADITION CLASSROOM

image.jpeg

JOHN McCLEAN
Television has become a cesspool of debauchery. Have you seen 
the line-up on GNS lately? "Soul Dates". "Canadian Cook-Off". 
Disgusting. I bet they'd love to see more degenerate, gyrating
 DeColts on their network. But when I'm Television Champion
 things will change. My demands will be met. No more cartoons
 or cursing. I will demand round-the-clock educational programming 
and stories that promote traditional values. If I ask Mr. Tyler nicely, 
maybe he'll let me film some of his 4-hour lectures so all of you
 can get the same quality education I've been enjoying. Tonight, 
Alex DeColt can kiss the CGC Television Title goodbye.

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS.

JULIE FORLETTA
Up next, The Flock are scheduled for tag team action, but 
what makes you think Black Sheep will show up? Surely he 
knows he's a wanted man.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
While the CGC Matchmaking Committee are eager for information
 on the disappearance of Helen Wheels, we also want to deliver 
quality matches to our fans. As a show of good faith we'll be removing
 security from ringside during that tag team match, so that Black 
Sheep feels comfortable competing. Hopefully he'll be willing to 
talk to us afterwards.

JULIE FORLETTA
Really? No security at all?

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
Absolutely. We are in no way trying to capture Black Sheep tonight. 

image.jpeg

Security have left ringside, but there are a suspicious number of burly men suddenly at ringside, sporting regulation haircuts, black sunglasses and earpieces. Several are 'reading' newspapers with eyeholes cut out of them. A hot dog seller ignores everyone around him trying to buy a hot dog.  

LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS BATTERING LAMB & ...

Jerome Turner "Why hasn't Black Sheep taken the bai- I mean, showed up? This is clearly not a trap."

Battering Lamb valiantly battering rams his opponents, but it's two against one and he's soon getting squished and squashed. Not satisfied with the numbers advantage, Land Mass & Mammoth also cheat constantly, while the referee (burly, sunglasses, ear-piece... I think he's new) doesn't seem to be paying any attention to them. He's scanning the crowd. Battering Lamb valiantly fights back with Mutton Chops, reaching for a tag, but his partner is nowhere to be found. 

image.jpeg

Suddenly, commotion! The masked HOT DOG SELLER tries to jump the guardrail and the 'hidden' security spring into action! He resists arrest with foot-longs and handfuls of relish!

image.jpeg

With the coast clear, BLACK SHEEP runs down to the ring and gets the tag! Eye pokes! Foot stomps! He lets the big men chase him in, around, and under the ring. He takes a left turn at Albuquerque and Land Mass accidentally squashes his partner with the Ten Ton Avalanche (Corner Splash). Mammoth topples directly into Land Mass's equator and Black Sheep drags his partner on top before making his escap-

image.jpeg

It's HELEN WHEELS! She launches herself at Black Sheep and starts rabidly trying to claw his eyes out! The "innocent bystanders" swarm the ring and separate the two, taking Black Sheep into custody as Helen screams bloody murder. 

NO CONTEST (6:09)

Jerome Turner "Helen's back! She's okay. What a... Relief? We'll hunt her down for comments soon, but first Roger Rogers has asked for time to speak."

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ROGER ROGERS.

ROGER ROGERS
Whatever you thought you saw last week, was not what happened. 
Wishful thinking. Tricks of the light. Barry Bowen was not knocked 
out last week. Barry Bowen is a Runaway Train. He can't be 
knocked out. Physically impossible. What you saw was Barry Bowen
 selflessly taking a bullet for his tag team partner and dear personal
 friend Jon Jetson. Like a knight in shining armour. Was it a good 
punch? Yes. Did it knock Bowen down? Yes. Did it knock Bowen 
out? No. Bowen could have got up if he wanted to. He simply 
didn't need to. Jon Jetson had everything under control, and like
 a wise, tactical genius that he is, Barry took a short rest. So that's 
the story you should be reporting. Tactical Genius. Knight in Shining
 Armour. Anything else is hearsay and conjecture and I will sue 
anyone who says otherwise.

JULIE FORLETTA
You may need to sue the entire CGC Matchmaking committee. 
You may not have been impressed but they were. The votes are in 
and Moose Mulder will be receiving the next CGC World Title 
match against Barry Bowen.

ROGER ROGERS
Ludicrous! Preposterous! The conspiracy against my client continues, 
and I promise you there will be hell to pay!

image.jpeg

/w Rocky & Wolfgang TAVARE LORING VS CONDOR
     image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.png

Jerome Turner "A very dangerous trio has emerged in Canadian Golden Combat."

Condor's distracted early by Rocky & Wolfgang at ringside, and is attacked from behind by Tavare. No stereotypes, just violence. Punches. Stomps. Brutal knee strikes that pulverize his opponent's ribs. Condor manages to duck and weave and take flight with a Flying head scissors and Soaring dropkick, but Rocky distracts the referee, Wolfgang shoves him off the top rope, and Tavare hits a Kneeling Piledriver for the 1. 2. 3.

TAVARE LORING WINS (6:47)

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg

MOOSE MULDER
You think I don't know what it looks like when a man gets knocked 
out? That glassy look in their eyes? When their bones turn to jelly.
 I've seen it a thousand times and that's exactly what I saw with you,
 Barry Bowen. I knocked you out. Your man can deny it. You can deny 
it, but I knocked you out. And if I did it once, I can do it again. 

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg image.jpegimage.jpeg

JULIE FORLETTA interviews HELEN WHEELS and the mysterious masked HOT DOG SELLER from earlier. 

JULIE FORLETTA
Helen! We haven't seen you in weeks! What happened?

HELEN WHEELS
What happened? WHAT HAPPENED??? I was in the departure 
lounge at Washington Airport, minding my own business, when
 suddenly I have a bag put over my head, stuffed into a suitcase, 
and put on an airplane to who-knows-where. No wallet. No belt.
 No one seemed to understand me no matter how loudly I yelled
 at them. By some miracle I eventually learned I was in Japan, and 
found the one person over there who isn't a complete idiot, 
who could get me on a flight home.

HOT DOG SELLER
Hito Ichihara. Koryusai Koitaji. Motoichi Arakida.

HELEN WHEELS
Black Sheep, I know it was you! I want my belt back! You
put me through hell and next week I want payback!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

LAND MASS & MAMMOTH are thrilled as they barge in and squash Helen with a big hug. 

image.jpeg

CGC TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
 image.png
JOHN McCLEAN VS ALEX DECOLT

Jerome Turner "John McClean certainly has strong views on what's suitable for television."

Alex struts his stuff and McClean does not think that's suitable for television. He complains to the referee and tries to get the cameramen to stop filming, to no avail. Refusing to allow even the hint of sexuality on display, McClean uses violence, censoring the Champion's antics with eye pokes and hair pulling from the Eric Tyler playbook. 

In control, McClean chooses to air History of Armbars, showcasing different methods of applying the same hold across the years. It's a bit dry. And not entirely accurate. As it happens, Alex has studied this subject himself. He questions! He fact checks! McClean gets flustered and Alex changes the channel. Powerful Punches! Pretty Powerslam! Snap Driving Elbow! He gives a Peruvian Armbar a little screen time, with some added gyrations to trigger McClean's delicate sensibilities. Furious, McClean twists and turns and ends up putting himself in a straightjacket hold! DeColt Driver (Straightjacket Drop)! 1... 2... 3!

ALEX DECOLT RETAINS (11:28)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

MELISSA MONROE
We at GNS are thrilled with our partnership with CGC and Title Bout
 Wrestling, but sometimes 60 minutes is not enough. Sometimes
 there's a match so big that a normal episode just can't contain it.

GEORGE DECOLT
The Last Man Standing Rumble. 30 men. Timed entrances. Over-the-top
 rope elimination rules. If you think that sounds familiar, think again. 
We're not letting a random draw determine entry. We're letting the fans
 decide. Starting now you'll be able to vote on your favourite, and
 least favourite, CGC wrestlers to help determine the order. Give a 
thumbs up? That wrestler enters later, improving their chance to win.
 Give a thumbs down? That wrestling enters earlier, if he gets the 
chance to enter at all.

MELISSA MONROE
It's a marathon match of epic proportions, and it's airing live on 
GNS; Friday Week 3 September. That gives you 6 weeks to get
 your votes in. And the best part? The grand prize. $200,000.

GEORGE DECOLT
Hold on. I thought we said $10,000.

MELISSA MONROE
Oh pish. Let's give them something to really fight for, darling. 
They're grown adults. I'm sure a little money won't make 
things get out of hand. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

image.jpeg

• BARRY KINGMAN VS STEVE DECOLT   53
  • John McClean Promo   47
  • Whipper Removes Security   33
  • LAND MASS & MAMMOTH VS THE FLOCK   32
  • Helen Returns   29
  • Roger Rogers Denies the Knock Out   37
  • TAVARE LORING VS CONDOR   44
  • Moose Mulder Promo   49
  • Helen Wheels Promo   34
  • JOHN McCLEAN VS ALEX DECOLT   58
  • George & Melissa Announce the Last Man Standing Rumble   74
  • Final Rating   60

I didn't get around to posting the card during the week. I've been distracted all week, and wasn't even sure if I'd finish the show in time. The matches didn't seem particularly exciting to predict regardless. TEW9 and my Road to Glory game are taking up most of my free time, and this project is suffering a bit for it. Which is a shame because I love some of the stories I've got going and there are things I'm excited to write. 

I'm finishing with the Last Man Standing Rumble. It's always what I had planned for this part of the story, however, I've gone back and forth a lot due to TEW9's release. It's putting up fan voting at a time when readership is at an all time low. Still, most of the order is determined by in-game popularity, with reader votes tweaking things, so it won't break anything. And there's six whole weeks (maybe more... I'm not 100% certain I'll post weekly going forwards) to get votes in.  

Not much to say about the show. McClean stepped up into the main event well, and Moose Mulder's promo was unexpected. Better than Roger Rogers. That bodes well. 

image.jpeg

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling (no promises for next Sunday)

CGC Bubbleweight Title: Helen Wheels vs Black Sheep
Dan DaLay & Eric Tyler vs Soldiers of Fortune
Jon Jetson vs Moose Mulder

The Last Man Standing Rumble is coming. Who gets your vote from the roster below?
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later)
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all)

image.jpeg

The Last Man Standing Rumble is coming. Who gets your vote from the roster below? Alex DeColt
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later) Alex DeColt, Moose Mulder, Black Sheep
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all) Dan DaLay, Land Mass, Condor

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sonny912 said:

So is the hot dog seller really gonna be his actual ring name?

In the chaos and confusion, I don't think anyone got around to asking his name. Or maybe they did, but he didn't understand the question. 

It would be a bit silly to permanently call him Hot Dog Seller. I don't think he sold any hot dogs. 

Dan DaLay & Eric Tyler vs Soldiers of Fortune

The Last Man Standing Rumble is coming. Who gets your vote from the roster below?
Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later) Ed Monton, Helen Wheels, Steve DeColt 
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all) Mammoth, Land Mass, Eric Tyler

• Like 1

Dan DaLay & Eric Tyler vs Soldiers of Fortune (Schmozz finish to set up a rematch?)

Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later) Steve DeColt, Black Sheep, Dan DaLay
Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all) Alex DeColt, Barry Bowen, Maverick

I think it might be fun to see Alex and Barry have to run the whole gamut of wrestlers only to end up in the ring near the end with Steve and Dan DaLay. 

Still loving this @Self. It's wonderful.

• Like 1

Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later)

Battering Lamb

Kinda been forgotten about with Black Sheep running amok. would like to see him by do something in the LMR

Wolfgang Zimmerman

Really like what you've done with him joining Rocky and then Loring joining them creating a heel midcard stable that could be built to face the DeColts down the line. Even though Rocky is probably the main guy, I feel Wolfgang could be a real dark horse in the stable

Steve DeColt

See below

Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all) 

Jack DeColt

This could be the star building performance for Jack, keep him away from his brothers and go awhile by himself before Alex is comes in at the late teens or early twenties and Steve come in in the late twenties. 

Black Sheep

He's been one of the main focuses of the undercard with the bubbleweight belt and I just want his shenanigans out of the way early in the match

Dan DaLay

Get him in early and see how he gets on without his teacher as Tyler should be in much later. Maybe could have a spot with McClean, Rash and Flame against the Soldiers of Fortune.

• Like 1

Next time on Title Bout Wrestling (no promises for next Sunday)

Helen gets her revenge!

Probably wrong here, but I find Eric Tyler and his group very entertaining while the Soldiers of Fortune are just kind of there.

MOOSE PUNCH!

Thumbs Up (Pick 3 CGC wrestlers you like, they will enter the Rumble later) - Biff the Bruiser, Jake Sloan, Nelson Blais
Biff is one of those guys I like a lot even if he's very limited, Jake Sloan hasn't been seen much lately but he just seems like a fun undercard babyface to root for, and I've enjoyed Nelson Blais's work as the bubbleweight anti-air specialist. Would have also picked Moose here, but he's got a title shot coming up already so I figured the others could use help more.

Thumbs Down (Pick 3 CGC you don't like, they will enter the Rumble earlier... if at all)  - Tempest Appleby, Pedro Monsoon, Canadian Dragon.
Nothing against these three in particular, but if some guys aren't going to make the 30 I'd rather they be guys who haven't really been built up at all.

• Like 1

Hey @Self. A few posts back (Might be more. I started re-reading from the start again) you mentioned using a spreadsheet as a long term booking planner that houses all of your storylines and the like in one place. I've always used a pen and notebook and was thinking about jumping into the modern era and doing something similar to what you do. Any chance you'd post an old screencap of something that won't spoil anything for us (me) to get a look at? Would love to see how you've got it formatted, etc.

No worries if not. Figured it was worth asking.

:)

27 minutes ago, GOLD NECKLACE said:

Hey @Self. A few posts back (Might be more. I started re-reading from the start again) you mentioned using a spreadsheet as a long term booking planner that houses all of your storylines and the like in one place. I've always used a pen and notebook and was thinking about jumping into the modern era and doing something similar to what you do. Any chance you'd post an old screencap of something that won't spoil anything for us (me) to get a look at? Would love to see how you've got it formatted, etc.

No worries if not. Figured it was worth asking.

image.jpeg

This was last chapter, leading to In the Company of Legends. 

At the top I have my shows. Capital letters for matches. a little bit of colour coding depending on what I need. Orange here is Title Bouts. Not sure what pink is supposed to be. Below that is my roster, grouped into storylines, where I track usage. Dark Green if they're wrestling. Light green if not. Yellow is usually a warning for 'find something for them to do'. I tend to get lazier with this the closer I get to the end of the chapter, when momentum and the Word documents take over. 

The more I look at this, the more I seem things I changed in the script stage (I don't think we saw any of the Students actually get kidnapped). My main goal with this document is making sure everyone is being used enough. Not wrestling too much or too little (especially on each taping, which is two episodes). 

• Thanks 1

image.png

image.jpeg

Jerome Turner "The next CGC Super Show has been announced; Last Man Standing, featuring a massive 30-man over-the-top-rope Rumble. Fans have been voting on the entry order all week. Will tonight's 5-man Preview match change anyone's mind?"

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg

JACK DECOLT
I can't wait for the Last Man Standing Rumble. I love testing myself
 against the best CGC has to offer, and this is a chance to test myself
 against 29! It sounds like so much fun! I hope I get enough votes 
from the fans to compete, but I'm going to get lots of practice in
 tonight regardless. 

image.jpeg

DAN DALAY & ERIC TYLER
SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE

Chance & Fate

Jerome Turner "The winners of this match get a shot at the CGC Tag Team Titles."

Fate selects Tyler as tonight's chosen one to be on the receiving end of the Soldier's cohesive destruction, which is all the motivation the Headmaster needs to avoid him at all costs. DaLay manages to bully Chance into their corner and Tyler tries to teach his rookie partner every trick in the book, but the veteran Soldier isn't being paid to help demonstrate eye pokes and fish hooking. Not any more. 

Chance leads Tyler behind enemy lines where he suffers a terrible Fate. Tyler tries to run, but Fate's inevitable. Sidewalk Slam! Spinebuster! 1... 2... DaLay saves his teacher, and Tyler flees into the crowd... but he can't escape his Fate. Fate goes after him, while DaLay and Chance brawl up the ramp, and referee Francis Long counts them all out. 

DRAW (8:29)

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg

ED MONTON
$300,000 is a lot of money. More than I make in a year. More
 than some make in ten years, I reckon. It's the kind of money
 that changes lives, and to put that on the line for one night, 
in one match... It's asking for trouble. But I'm going to walk 
into it all the same.

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

JULIE FORLETTA interviews ROGER ROGERS as he is wheeled into the building by JON JETSON.

ROGERS ROGERS
That punch of yours may have fooled the CGC Matchmaking 
Committee, Moose Mulder, but it hasn't fooled me, and it 
hasn't fooled Jon Jetson. Last time you two met, he came out
 on top, and when he gets done with you tonight the Committee
 will be having second thoughts about giving you that title shot.
 And if you have more than one brain cell in your head, so will you. 

image.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN barges past and into the building. He doesn't look happy. Rogers looks surprised.

image.jpeg

BACKSTAGE

image.jpeg

Four Armed Police Officers escort BLACK SHEEP through the backstage area. The CGC Bubbleweight Champion is in handcuffs, leg shackles, and wearing a muzzle. 

image.jpeg

They run into BATTERING LAMB. Black Sheep's eyes light up! A chance for shenanigans! Alas, Lamb shakes his head in disappointment and walks away.

image.jpeg

CGC BUBBLEWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

image.png

/w Land Mass, Mammoth & Katsu Curry HELEN WHEELS VS BLACK SHEEP /w Full Armed Police Escort
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.pngimage.png

Jerome Turner "Black Sheep has been in police custody all week for the kidnapping of Helen Wheels. He'll defend the CGC Bubbleweight Title tonight, but he's in a lot of trouble."

Black Sheep waits for the police officers to remove the handcuffs and shackles...but they don't. Helen attacks with fury, scratching and clawing and taking out her frustrations on the helpless sheep. Land Mass and Mammoth enjoy the show, as Katsu Curry Ciabatta grills them lamb burgers at ringside. 

Ducking and rolling and avoiding the assault as best he can, Black Sheep thinks fast. He tricks Helen into breaking the handcuffs with a wild stomp and puts her across his knee for a spanking, before stealing one of her earrings and using it to pick the lock on the leg shackles. 

Everyone panics. Especially the Police. But especially Helen and her entourage. They all chase Black Sheep in, around, and under the ring. He gives them the slip with a left turn at Albuquerque, and they all crash into Referee Graham Chapman. Black Sheep takes a bow...

image.jpeg.f7d49e3304d4d1b4a37733ca3b61e

KATSU CURRY CIABATTA squirts Hot Sauce in his eyes! Black Sheep is blind! Taste Test (Curb Stomp into plate of Lamb Burgers)! Katsu bails and Helen makes the cover. 1... 2... 3! 

HELEN WHEELS WINS THE CGC BUBBLEWEIGHT TITLE (6:57)

Helen celebrates with her entourage as the Police apprehend Black Sheep and haul him away. 

image.jpeg

CGC INTEROGATION ROOM

image.jpegimage.jpeg

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS finds GEORGE DECOLT packing away the Interrogation Room.

WHIPPER SPENCER MARKS
What are you still doing here? The case is closed. Helen is safe
and Black Sheep is going away for a long time. We should be
 celebrating. 

GEORGE DECOLT
I don't know. Something doesn't feel right.
I just can't put my finger on it. 

image.jpeg

PARKING LOT

TAVARE LORING
After years of fighting for scraps, in bars and armories and back alleys
all across the world, $300,000 sounds pretty good for one night's work.
But you know what else sounds good? $300,000 split three ways. 

ROCKY PSYCHO
Let rest of CGC turn on each other. We'll fight together. Triplicare
 la potenza. Migliori possibilità di vittoria.

WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN
Break 27 other men for $100,000? I've done worse for less. 

image.jpeg

/w Roger Rogers JON JETSON VS MOOSE MULDER /w Ted Moore

Jerome Turner "With one punch, Moose Mulder has become No.1 Contender for the CGC World Title, but he has unfinished business with Jon Jetson."

Jetson is physically outmatched and terrified of the Moose Punch, but Rogers works hard to be as distracting as possible, annoying fans, referee, and Mulder alike with constant attempts to interfere. It pays off, and Jetson enforces his will on the number one contender, hiding behind his disabled manager whenever Mulder winds up a Moose Punch. 

Ted isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he knows what his partner needs; Less Rogers! He wheels the nuisance away from ringside, and Jetson's without his secret weapon. Mulder powers out of a Slingshot Suplex and battles back with some burly brawling. He winds up the Moose Punch but it's ducked! Backslide! 1... 2... Mulder kicks out and- Moose Punch! Jetson's knocked silly. 1. 2. 3.

MOOSE MULDER WINS (8:28)

image.jpeg

INTERVIEW ZONE

image.jpeg

BARRY BOWEN
Moose Mulder ain't special. He's a big guy and he hits hard,
 but so do I. I can hit harder than him any day of the week, but 
I don't need to. I got a million ways I can beat a man. Moose 
Mulder's a one trick pony, and at Last Man Standing I'm taking 
him to the glue factory.

image.jpeg

LAST MAN STANDING DATA CENTRE

image.jpegimage.jpeg

MELISSA MONROE is in the middle of a cramped office, filled with ringing phones, printing printers, and gigantic piles of unopened letters. Well, not in the middle of it, she's off to the side, comfortable next to the only working fan. ALEX DECOLT is in the middle of it, hard at work, adding, subtracting, sweating through his shirt and wearing out his fourth calculator. 

MELISSA MONROE
Votes have been coming in all week to help determine the entry
 order for the Last Man Standing Rumble. The response has been 
overwhelming, but lucky for us we have a college educated
 Television Champion to sort through the data, and he's going to 
use that big brain of his to give us an accurate reading of the votes 
so far!

ALEX DECOLT
What? Accurate? It's much too early for any accuracy, Miss Monroe.
 Best I can do at this point is guess who's definitely going to be in it,
 and who's struggling to make the Top 30. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LAST MAN STANDING PREVIEW MATCH

BIFF THE BRUISER VS ED MONTON VS JACK DECOLT VS ROCKY PSYCHO VS WOLFGANG ZIMMERMAN

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Jerome Turner "With $300,000 on the line, the stars of CGC are preparing for the Last Man Standing Rumble... and perhaps trying to win votes from the fans."

All five men throw hands with reckless abandon as they fight for survival and try to adapt to the over-the-top-rope rules. Plucky Jack is great at taking his foes down, but that just makes it harder to lift them back up again. The smallest man in the match; Rocky Psycho hurls himself at his opponents... which nearly backfires several times as he's caught on the ropes. Wolfgang steps in to save him, but he isn't invulnerable either. With so much weight distributed to his gigantic arms and shoulders he's top-heavy and shockingly vulnerable on the ropes. Just as big, but sporting a much lower center of gravity, Biff the Bruiser seems invincible early, but Ed Monton's been around the block a few times. He has some tricks up his sleeves, suckering Biff to charge and yanking the top rope down so Biff barrels out of the ring (Elimination 1; Biff the Bruiser). 

Jack sees the weaknesses in Rocky and Wolfgang and eagerly pounces in... but misses one important thing; they're working together. Rocky saves Wolfgang. Wolfgang saves Rocky. Tavare Loring's on the outside, ready to step in. Jack gets double/tripled teamed and hurled out over the top rope by the treacherous trio. 

Looking to avoid the same fate, Monton responds with patriotic fury. Side Canadian Legsweep! Bridging Canadian Suplex! He tries to throw Rocky out, but Tavare jumps onto the apron to block him. Wolfgang nails Ed from behind and the double team begins...

image.jpeg

HOWLING DOG runs down to ringside and starts attacking Tavare with Tomahawk Chops! Tavare responds with more straightforward offense and Security flood in to separate them. 

Wolfgang's distracted and Monton takes advantage by clotheslining him over the top rope (Elimination 4: Wolfgang Zimmerman)! Rocky Psycho snaps, launching himself at Ed with punches, kicks, and headbutts, but double tough Monton weathers the storm, catches a reckless crossbody, and hurls him out of the ring onto his partner with a Fallaway Slam (Elimination 4; Rocky Psycho)!

ED MONTON WINS (9:56)

image.jpeg

Edited by Self
  • Like 3