A Very Ambitious New Dynasty Idea

Some of the users who have been here a few years may remember me. I used to be a regular forum user and TEW player and wrote a few dynasties on various versions of the game. Soon I will be returning and I've had a few ideas how to return with the game and a dynasty and had been thinking which to go with... only for this evening to have a brainwave and had the idea for what may be the most ambitious and most interactive dynasty this forum has seen and one that will quite possibly be unique. Though I'm sure if I'm wrong somebody will correct me. I've not been on the forum for a couple of years plus until writing this post. 😂

My idea is to start a game with AEW using the latest Real World Chronicles database. What will be different is that a new and major focus will be a team competition that will run as seasons. Where the ambition and interaction comes in is that forum members will be team managers, signing wrestlers for their teams and choosing which ones will fight in which matches. They could also hire and fire wrestlers for their teams once the season starts or in specified windows and replace injured or departed wrestlers when appropriate.

A few ideas I've had is for teams to consist of three men and two women, for leagues to feature ten teams and have promotion and relegation between leagues. Each team would fight each other five times - mens singles, tag and trios and women's singles and tag.

If this gets off the ground will depend on a couple of things. Firstly is how much forum interest there is in running a team and secondly if I have enough time to dedicate to run it to the level it would need.

My desire is there to at least give it a go. In the mean time I will give it a minimum of 1 week to gauge people's interest in managing a team and at least 3 weeks for the project to get off the ground, though realistically longer.

Any questions feel free to ask and of you are interested in being a team manager please post here. 🙂

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 2

This sounds like a fascinating idea, and I do not believe that I have seen anything like this.  I like your idea for interactivity, and I can say that I am interested in being one of the team managers.  I am looking forward to seeing what you have in store.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome back and thanks very much for the interest.

This will be a fairly quick post as I have to fetch my daughter from school shortly... The basics of what a manager will do is choose a team name, sign wrestlers for your team (initially through a draft style system), choose which wrestlers will compete in each match and also replace wrestlers as you see fit. I will probably have it so any wrestlers who is injured, suspended or departs AEW can be replaced immediately and additionally there will be signing windows to make changes to your team at your own free will.

I should get the game again next week so will most likely post further then. My ultimate aim is to have thirty teams with three leagues of ten and promotion and relegation between them. I counted eight who have expressed interest so I'm happy with that starting point. For those who are busy don't worry about that. I recognise real life comes first and if you don't get chance to choose wrestlers for upcoming matches I can choose using my best judgement based on your team.

More soon... 🙂

Edited by Nobby_McDonald
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Thank you for the welcome back and thanks very much for the interest.

This will be a fairly quick post as I have to fetch my daughter from school shortly... The basics of what a manager will do is choose a team name, sign wrestlers for your team (initially through a draft style system), choose which wrestlers will compete in each match and also replace wrestlers as you see fit. I will probably have it so any wrestlers who is injured, suspended or departs AEW can be replaced immediately and additionally there will be signing windows to make changes to your team at your own free will.

I should get the game again next week so will most likely post further then. My ultimate aim is to have thirty teams with three leagues of ten and promotion and relegation between them. I counted eight who have expressed interest so I'm happy with that starting point. For those who are busy don't worry about that. I recognise real life comes first and if you don't get chance to choose wrestlers for upcoming matches I can choose using my best judgement based on your team.

More soon... 🙂

Sounds good to me 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Dmill139

You're more than welcome to join and become the 10th team. The thread for the league and dynasty can be found here

There is a bit of a caveat though. The other nine managers are now in the middle of round 4 of out 5 rounds of draft picks to select their teams, so in terms of signing up wrestlers to your team you've missed the boat some what. Like I said, you're more than welcome to join, but you'll have to sign your squad of wrestlers once all the draft picks have been selected I'm afraid.