TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Martel123 said:

If I have one family member wrestle for 3 years, from 18 years old to 21, but then his 23 year old brother debuts, will the older sibling start educating the younger one or is it based off experience?

I assume it would have an experience requirement for it to count like 70 or something. 

I love the angle news. Having to either make one big, long angle to try and cover every aspect of what is happening or having to use multiple angles, which then risks getting poor ratings because of how short they were was a pain. Continuing, linked angles sounds brilliant and honestly is my favourite thing revealed so far (apart from real calendars of course!)

• Like 5

As I was first reading the new angles setup, I was thinking it allowed for storylines that evolve throughout the show and rating them all as a group (e.g. Heath Slater searches for a tag partner so he can potentially get drafted, featuring The Miz, Arn Anderson and Rhyno as the show goes on).

I like how it is set out, being able to rate people on various stats based on how a single segment evolves. Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kingster said:

The new angle system sounds exciting. Like you're actually writing a script.

Now I can create the infamous Raw opening where people come out one at a time. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

New Owner goals is another addition that I think will help interest in road to glory. Canvas opinion as well as the backstage changes makes me hope there will be more frequency in relationships backstage. Cverse is all about nepo babies so the new relative/protege addition will be solid addition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwright86 said:

I love the angle news. Having to either make one big, long angle to try and cover every aspect of what is happening or having to use multiple angles, which then risks getting poor ratings because of how short they were was a pain. Continuing, linked angles sounds brilliant and honestly is my favourite thing revealed so far (apart from real calendars of course!)

My favorite stuff is inner circle and creative team so far but, this is great. Tired of having some graded on mic because the interview leads to brawl especially when they suck on the mic. 

• Like 1

All great features so far. I am really excited to see the next journal entry.

As for the angle update, I like the new structure, but I am just wondering how the angle rating will be impacted by the new 5-part system and in the same way, how improvements will be handled. probably I am missing something here, but I am wondering how this will change compared with before?

• Like 1

Very happy to see external editing and enhanced mass editing; hopefully that encourages more modders to at least give it a try before deciding whether or not to continue.

Personally, I'd like to learn more about broadcasting mechanics this time around. I think broadcasting is one of the most underrated aspects of gameplay and world building, particularly in terms of balancing the game world and preventing things from getting too wacky. Curious to see what changes we can expect for IX.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NameUnknownYT said:

Kind of a sensitive topic but I hope we see support for Non-binary and trans wrestlers, Kidd Bandit and Max The Impaler come to mind.

If they do include them, I hope they're done with tact. Bandit should be returning soon and it would be nice to be able to replicate her situation.

Plus, I love Max. They are a bad ass.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Jaysin said:

If they do include them, I hope they're done with tact. Bandit should be returning soon and it would be nice to be able to replicate her situation.

Plus, I love Max. They are a bad ass.

How offended can anyone be if its just simple text? Right? Right? Male/Female/Trans(Male/Female)/Non-Binary or even better just change "Gender" to "Pronouns" and He/Him | She/Her | They/Them, and yes I'm aware there are a few others but this alone should be satisfactory. 

• Like 6

Binary trans people I think are already more or less covered, like I'll just self-insert as a Female with Can't Get Pregnant and call it a day.  But there are a lot of people that doesn't cover, and that's starting to show up in real world wrestling, not just the weird edge case mods I wanna make, so I'm hoping we can do better on that front this time!  My hope is we get at least a third gender option, and a pronoun option with they/them.  Maybe a Can Get Pregnant flag, although that's probably an edge case of an edge case.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Peria said:

How offended can anyone be if its just simple text? Right? Right? Male/Female/Trans(Male/Female)/Non-Binary or even better just change "Gender" to "Pronouns" and He/Him | She/Her | They/Them, and yes I'm aware there are a few others but this alone should be satisfactory. 

Certainly don't want to complicate this issue, but TEW does have pregnancy. For that reason, I would think sex and gender need to both be considered. I think separate dropdown menu for both sex and pronouns would be great--but that's just my 2 cents. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Peria said:

I wasn't really thinking people would get offended, more so there would be potential missteps like the random sexual identity changing that was originally announced for TEW2020 where someone notoriously homophobic like Warrior could randomly change to bisexual or homosexual. I have hoped for a "coming out" type thing where we could set a worker to date a certain gender, but maybe set a narrative to have them come out of the closet? Something we could control would have been nice. I love randomness in the game, but it would have been immersion breaking for me. 

There was also an incredibly homophobic owner goal that was also removed because it was classless. Like most people's sexual identity isn't open, but there was an owner goal that prevented you from hiring non-hetero workers. While there are plenty of scumbag owners in wrestling, but that's literal grounds for a lawsuit. 

I don't think either of those issues were done with malice though, just from a place of not thinking things through. TEW is a top five franchise game for me and I want it to progress. Switching Gender to Pronouns is a wonderful idea!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I am That Person who actually liked that scrapped feature, but I've always valued interesting shenanigans over realistic immersion.

...Come to think of it, generalizing that out to less touchy subjects, I wonder if someday in the future there could be a flag for mods to kinda reign in some of the randomness on historical mods.  Like, maybe some of the wilder random events you could disable from your 90s mod because they didn't happen, but you could leave them in for your modern day mod because who knows the future?  Maybe you don't want Hogan to take a Kenny death on day 2 of your 80s file, but maybe you'd be fine with that if it was Reigns in a current day mod.  Or it could just be a stylistic preference of the mod maker- again, I like to see wacky things happen but a lot of people prefer more realism.

Edited by Yuzu Adagio
  • Like 1

Angle overhaul is a huge upgrade. Will be one of the most loved new features Id bet.

Mod making in excel (via access) is going to be a huge relief as well. May end up making a mld if conditions regard my purchase of the game change :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My main want for a new game would be to have multiple sessions on the same computer.  It comes in super handy while editing.

Does the new external editing allow us to edit outside the game while still having the game open?  Hope that makes sense.

Edited by stratusfaction
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

The new angle system does sound great, I'm someone who likes to have tons of angles but ends up using freestyle most of the time in game because I have trouble finding one that fits, but greatest news of all: TITLE NAMES!😁

Really though, in my custom database, my wrestling royal family is extensive, spanning five generations with many members per generation, so the relative mentors thing will be great, also comes in handy with my comic book data, do you realize how many members there are of Wolverine's family, the Summers family, the Wayne family, and the House of El across the multiverses?

Edited by YBDynamo
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, stratusfaction said:

My main want for a new game would be to have multiple sessions on the same computer.  It comes in super handy while editing.

Does the new external editing allow us to edit outside the game while still having the game open?  Hope that makes sense.

I've always kept the previous iteration of TEW for this very reason. Whilst I'm working on updating my modifications, I have the previous version open so if I need to check anything, I can do so without going in and out of records on the newest version. Super helpful. I don't see us ever being able to do it on the same version of TEW though, as there aren't many games you can open more than once.

Just from the way Adam has explained it, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have TEW open whilst you're using the external editor. By the sounds of it, you export a new database (so it wouldn't effect the game) and do everything in a different programme, such as Access. Changing things in the external editor doesn't sound like it'll effect the game in any way (he says you have to import them back in) but yeah, definitely sounds like you can do both at the same time, which is super exciting for the very reasons I outlined in my previous paragraph.

Can't wait to see External Editing in action.

• Like 6