TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, SomeDude03 said:

This is a bit of a random one, but for people who've been around for the reveals of previous TEW games, do we normally get a rundown on some of the changes in the game world before the release? 

No

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SomeDude03 said:

This is a bit of a random one, but for people who've been around for the reveals of previous TEW games, do we normally get a rundown on some of the changes in the game world before the release? 

No. We all found out about CWA on launch day. It's one of the big draws for launch. He keeps it very tight lipped. 

Edited by TwilightPoster
  • Like 4

Good diary entry, hopefully better received than last game's. 

Road agent experience is a good change too, I always found it weird how you weren't able to develop their skill with time, and it kind of made hiring anyone with experience under 100 moot

• Like 4

As someone who remembers the kerfluffle that a topic in today's brought about last time, I want to say that there are people here who are non-binary and there are people of all different kinds of sexuality here. I also want to say that I follow the QWI 200 articles cageside seats put out and there are more and more new additions to that list every year.

It is a part of our hobby, it is a part of our culture and I will put myself out there as someone who is non binary and demisexual (not listed but it falls under the asexual umbrella), I am happy that such a stance is taken that people like me feel seen.

I guess what I am suggesting and asking for is that we all treat each other kindly.

Edited by Teasenitryn
  • Like 30

Gonna be a lot of upset fascist Andy's at most of these changes, but there's really no other way to do this, particularly with RW stuff. I appreciate that Adam didn't try and make his game worse to satiate people who would make the game worse. 

Edited by TwilightPoster
  • Like 14

Today's journal is going to massively improve the small japanese promotions and even bigger ones like DDT and TJPW so much easier to simulate 

Also queer inclusion slaps.

Edited by Vinsmoker
  • Like 15

Just now, Martel123 said:

"SWF, Rocky Weatherfield has been down here for 7 years. Please, he's a two time RIPW champ is pulling 60 match ratings!"

"He's not popular enough, sorry."

I do hope Adam fixes the AI on this. For developmental feds they should be looking at experience and skill and they shouldn't care hardly at all about pop. It's their job to build that up, its Developmental job to get them ready.  

• Like 2

Adam on the topic of retirement ages has there been any change on the relatively low age that women retire in game? For example Charlotte Flair is 38, Asuka is early 40's (I can't math having just come off of a night shift but September 1981), unless they had a particular trait or a retirement age set manually they would not be in a real world database for long.

I get that you're not going to see any still wrestling in their 60's (and hell, 70's and 80's with some men) types but it felt like I had to do a lot of ingame editing.

Edited by Teasenitryn
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, TwilightPoster said:

I do hope Adam fixes the AI on this. For developmental feds they should be looking at experience and skill and they shouldn't care hardly at all about pop. It's their job to build that up, its Developmental job to get them ready.  

amount of times I see my RIPW boys let go is depressing, like I built them up all for nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Teasenitryn said:

Adam on the topic of retirement ages has there been any change on the relatively low age that women retire in game? For example Charlotte Flair is 38, Asuka is early 40's (I can't math having just come off of a night shift but September 1981), unless they had a particular trait or a retirement age set manually they would not be in a real world database for long.

I get that you're not going to see any still wrestling in their 60's (and hell, 70's and 80's with some men) types but it felt like I had to do a lot of ingame editing on the cverse last time around.

Wrestler careers in general have gotten longer, with more and more guys going well into their 40s, but in particular women's have increased. While sure, a lot retired into their 30s until just a couple years ago, things have changed. Mercedes Martinez is 43, Shayna Baslzer will be 44 next month, Asuka is 42, Nia Jax is 40, Emi Sakura is 47, Nyla Rose is 41,  and in a game, within the first year most if not all of them would be retired. Retirement ages need to be re-evaluated in general but women retirement ages really to be addressed.

Edited by Crym
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Teasenitryn said:

As someone who remembers the kerfluffle that a topic in today's brought about last time, I want to say that there are people here who are non-binary and there are people of all different kinds of sexuality here. I also want to say that I follow the QWI 200 articles cageside seats put out and there are more and more new additions to that list every year.

It is a part of our hobby, it is a part of our culture and as someone who will put myself out there as someone who is non binary and demisexual (not listed but it falls under the asexual umbrella), I am happy that such a stance is taken that people like me feel seen.

I guess as someone who doesn't post here often what I am suggesting and asking for is that we all treat each other kindly.

My stance on this as a rounding-for-40-year-old person is that, I find adding another thing to have to remember about every single person on earth to be genuinely exhausting as someone who can barely remember where I left the remote anymore. With that said, my resistance to change is completely selfish, and nobody needs to be making any macro decisions off how annoying I find having to look up a persons pro-nouns when I'm just trying to add a few people to a database for a number generation game. Nor do I think anybody should feel excluded, or offended by it.

I'm just a misanthrope who has used up neigh all his years of youth and casual rookery. You kids have all the fun you like while I shake my fist impotently at the clouds. It's not a hate thing, its something much more sinister that that... you inconvenience me. But I have no good alternatives, so inconvenienced I shall remain.

25 minutes ago, Crym said:

Wrestler careers in general have gotten longer, with more and more guys going well into their 40s, but in particular women's have increased. While sure, a lot retired into their 30s until just a couple years ago, things have changed. Mercedes Martinez is 43, Shayna Baslzer will be 44 next month, Asuka is 42, Nia Jax is 40, Emi Sakura is 47, Nyla Rose is 41,  and in a game, within the first year most if not all of them would be retired. Retirement ages need to be re-evaluated in general but women retirement ages really to be addressed.

I made this point for 2020, that 40 was the new 30 and that with the rise of Developmental Feds, guys don't even get over until their late 30s now. Men should be peak 30-40, not 25-32 with a slow decline throughout their 40s. And girls should peak 26-36 or so, and that's only because they have children to birth and biological clocks and muscle depressing hormones to manage. With the current lifestyle of wrestlers turning from Wannabe Rockstars, to Performance Artists, with dietary and workout optimizations, we are just in a separate world now. 

If you manage injuries well, you should routinely see guys making it to 45-50. and girls 40-45. 

Edited by TwilightPoster
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Teasenitryn said:

I get that you're not going to see any still wrestling in their 60's (and hell, 70's and 80's with some men.

Chris Jericho is going to damn well try, I promise you. 8 more years under the learning tree to get there. 

Very happy to see pronouns added as it's something I requested for 2020, good to see that TEW can emulate the real world better from now on 🏳️‍🌈

• Like 19

I love the gender diversity additions, especially pronouns and Competes Vs so we can finally simulate someone like Sonny Kiss properly.

Also, importing job histories is HUGE and unexpected to me, so a big thank you for that.

Slam dunk journal entry today, imo.

• Like 8

The stuff i'm most excited about so far is everything locker room related.  Feels like it's going to be so much more dynamic, dramatic and interesting which will make things a lot more fun for me.  All the editor stuff is also wonderful to hear about too, espcially as I'm still working on a mod that won't be released on TEW20 now because this game isn't far away. Very exciting :)

• Like 2