TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about Adam adding LGBTQ friendly features in IX. As a gay man myself, I'm absolutely thrilled about it. The journals Adam has been doing and all of the new features sound incredible. Let's all focus on that and be kind to one another.

• Like 12

Thrilled to see most members now support LBGTQ+ people in general AND in TEW.

The wrestling community changed a lot in the last ten years. Not only do more fans support queer communities, many more are part of them. 

I, for one, started my first save in TEW 2013 as a straight man and will start my new save in TEW IX as a trans woman over a decade later. I assume many other members are in the same boat. 

Even if you don't like LBGTQ representation in TEW (and I most definitely do), it's a smart business decision for Adam to add it to TEW IX.

Edited by ColdBloodedSausageMaker
  • Like 26

I have never had a game go on long enough (though I do want to commit to a long-term Dynasty so that may change) but the Avatar succession feature sounds so cool. I've played enough CK3 to come up with some hopefully interesting ways to use the feature.

A little tyranny revolt against the Booker to save the company.

I like the new feature of an aging Avatar very much!

One question: will regenerating a new Avatar in the form of a child of the old avatar only be possible when the current avatar is old and his death is near, or will it be possible that the avatar has children earlier on that participate has character in the company (like the McMahons) that you can switch to when it is time?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KyleCamelot said:

Yeah, it would be another way to integrate child promotions and training facilities, too.  These things could get revealed via notes and messages from your trainers.  I tend to enjoy the soft data and inference in simulation games as opposed to the hard numbers.

Yeah, I really miss trainer evaluations ('X areas can be improved, Y of them significantly') and it just feels so off that I pump money into a child company, but have no say in what they do, who they push, what skills they focus on to improve... It would be great to get a monthly report from a head trainer or the child company that highlights a few workers, based on my staff's scouting skill. 'A is a hopeless case and won't improve much', 'B is a future star, but needs a better gimmick', and so on.

• Like 3

This is another one for people who've been around for multiple TEWs, do we typically only see future debuts get added (so like everyone set to debut between 2020-22) or do we see other new characters just get added?

Crowd Heat Display lowkey the best feature in today's list! I never have gone too far into a save that I'll need to worry about my avatars dying, I fear :p 

• Like 3

Crowd Heat display is great, I might play with the opinion this time around. Wrestling & Crowd ratings added is also great. The rest is cool but nothing too game changing.

I have a questions for people who have been there for multiple TEW & followed those dev blog: Does Adam keeps the biggest changes for the last days usually or not necessarily? I'm asking because we had a lot of really, really great change already. But if there are bigger things to come, this is going to be even more hyping.

8 minutes ago, jakaryus said:

Crowd Heat display is great, I might play with the opinion this time around. Wrestling & Crowd ratings added is also great. The rest is cool but nothing too game changing.

I have a questions for people who have been there for multiple TEW & followed those dev blog: Does Adam keeps the biggest changes for the last days usually or not necessarily? I'm asking because we had a lot of really, really great change already. But if there are bigger things to come, this is going to be even more hyping.

Based off of being around for 2013 and 2016, I'd say he keeps a nice balance for sure! You never know when a big feature will be announced, or even a smaller one that you specifically will love/be affected by such as how Crowd Heat Display moved me today.

Edited by Dawn

32 minutes ago, SomeDude03 said:

This is another one for people who've been around for multiple TEWs, do we typically only see future debuts get added (so like everyone set to debut between 2020-22) or do we see other new characters just get added?

It can vary between game to game (usually there are at least a handful of new characters added) but we don't find those out until the demo drops.

6 minutes ago, jakaryus said:

By Adam's own admission there is over 200 changes/features so still plenty of stuff to come. The reveal order just depends on what Adam has planned for the day really. 

• Like 1

The new way in which avatars work sounds a bit odd to me.

"the game instead uses the avatar's personality, skills and attributes for evaluating how they interact with people" - the player controls the avatar, though. So, how does the game decide how they interact with people? Does it mean the player has less control over their user character? I hope this is not the case.

Really like all the new updates so far. Quick question about Avatars dying. Will it be possible to turn Avatar deaths off? Obviously it's a great feature for realism, but it would be neat to have an option to make yourself immortal like it was in the previous games.

Attributes influencing negotiations is a huge w for me. I hope we see some workers be really difficult to sign and then there’s some who are easy to lowball. 

I wonder if the attributes can be added by my behavior. If I yell at workers every post show would that change my characters personality? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kingster said:

The new way in which avatars work sounds a bit odd to me.

"the game instead uses the avatar's personality, skills and attributes for evaluating how they interact with people" - the player controls the avatar, though. So, how does the game decide how they interact with people? Does it mean the player has less control over their user character? I hope this is not the case.

To me it reads like it's based on how we react to incidents - which would be a bit underwhelming because I rarely got enough to establish a reputation in either direction. But if backstage stuff is cranked up now, that might not be an issue.

I'd actually love a reputation system that also applies to AI-controlled companies, completely detached from public/fan perception, just between owner/booker and worker. So Scumbag & Sleazy owners would eventually run out of workers willing to sign with them even if they haven't personally been screwed over. I had saves where Ian Rotten and DJ Hyde ended up with 100+ 'Hatred' relationships, but they still kept finding workers and even grew their companies. There should be a point where their behavior turns into a Scandal or Attribute that reduces the willingness to work for them across the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

Based off of being around for 2013 and 2016, I'd say he keeps a nice balance for sure! You never know when a big feature will be announced, or even a smaller one that you specifically will love/be affected by such as how Crowd Heat Display moved me today.

Thanks! I will wait for my beloved update on company wars and that will be the perfect game :D

• Like 2