TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

23 minutes ago, fondfoat said:

Will the upcoming version of the game be developed using a new game engine? I'm asking because WMMA 5 had such performance issues with mods added..

From the first post of the dev diary

image.png

• Like 1

Editing During Booking

The in-game editor is now available during the evening phase of the game so that you can make edits during the booking phase if you want to.

You could of only said that 1 thing is added and thats the game and I would buy it. Yes!!!!!

• Like 5

I thought the ability to run a 46-person battle royale would be enough.

Then day 9 happened, and I was proven wrong.  Heat meter, individual performance ratings showing up, and editor available in the PM?  All the user goodness?

The anticipation might actually kill me.

• Like 2

I'd like to see squash matches on B shows having more of an effect based on eras. They wouldn't move the needle THAT much in a current era mod but back in the 80s? absolutely.

Also would love to see the AI companies take advantage of local workers, and also be a bit proactive in hiring free agents and rookies that would have a lot of potential based on product. I felt like I was gaming the system a bit in 80s saves hiring guys who would be massive future stars like Sid and the Undertaker with no resistance. 

• Like 4

On 7/10/2024 at 1:20 AM, ShaunGBD said:

Question because the new tew Xi are going to gif. How would I be able to get my jpg photos from tew2020 mods over

I think their still using jpeg and there are more options for GIF. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

3 hours ago, EgoPanik said:

Really like all the new updates so far. Quick question about Avatars dying. Will it be possible to turn Avatar deaths off? Obviously it's a great feature for realism, but it would be neat to have an option to make yourself immortal like it was in the previous games.

Seconded this. It isn't a big deal but it would keep watcher saves simple.

Another great entry... can the next entry just be everything else + the games release? My only question is: Why does it have to be 66? I feel like that is too old. I'd like the "randomized" death to affect the avatars too, since we can regen or just start over if they die before we replace them, "interrupting" our booking is part of the fun in my opinion, but I can see how some would disagree.

Edited by Peria
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Astil said:

For a watcher not sure how the death meachanic would impact it. Just need to be at the computer when you turn around 60 and flip to a 20 year old, right?

That was my thought about it too. I would like an immortal attribute that we can add for watcher saves. Though, it is an edge-case for something like the Effganic mod.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ColdBloodedSausageMaker said:

Thrilled to see most members now support LBGTQ+ people in general AND in TEW.

The wrestling community changed a lot in the last ten years. Not only do more fans support queer communities, many more are part of them. 

I almost made a very similar post myself, it really is wonderful to see how open and accepting most people are to this. To most people it's a little piece of text, to others it's a massively positive sense of inclusivity and shared nuance that makes them feel part of the shared human collective. You love to see it, so proud of the GDS and wrestling community as a whole.

• Like 14

14 minutes ago, benjirino said:

I almost made a very similar post myself, it really is wonderful to see how open and accepting most people are to this. To most people it's a little piece of text, to others it's a massively positive sense of inclusivity and shared nuance that makes them feel part of the shared human collective. You love to see it, so proud of the GDS and wrestling community as a whole.

Yeah it's pretty cool, remembering what happened during TEW 2020's announcement, a lot has changed and it's great.

• Like 4

On 7/10/2024 at 1:20 AM, ShaunGBD said:

Question because the new tew Xi are going to gif. How would I be able to get my jpg photos from tew2020 mods over

This is a massive question for those who want to carry saves over. Will the game still support jpg images on top of gifs?

Mannnnn you made me so happy haha!

My birthday is in july and this is the best gift adam thanks !!!!   

I have been playing ur game since i am a teen and i am 40 with a child now and the only game i play is tew :) (and watch wrestling on my second screen)

I don't know if you still take recommandations.  But i would add the same system you put for wrestlers (attributes). For compagnies.   Like social butterfly or drug addict

BUt for compagnies...  Like  steal tallent..  like to share tallent...  Stuff like that

Or  fans are marks (bonus for foreign star popularity...) 

Anyway thanks again for a new version you made my summer :)

• Like 3

I'm loving the gimmick memory thing, but I'd like to see it expanded and linked to pop / perception. People will remember Hulk Hogans gimmick for years (as they did when he returned in 2002 and when he turned face after WM18, the crowd reaction was immense).

2 hours ago, redhill-eagle said:

I'm loving the gimmick memory thing, but I'd like to see it expanded and linked to pop / perception. People will remember Hulk Hogans gimmick for years (as they did when he returned in 2002 and when he turned face after WM18, the crowd reaction was immense).

I'd argue that is covered by his pop, and that whilst his gimmick worked, it didn't work to the same level as the 80s and early 90s, because times change and the same gimmick twice doesn't always translate well. For example look at Bob Backlund returning in the 90s, it wasn't until he changed gimmick into the crazy veteran that his career was revived after some time away from WWF.

Edited by benjirino
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

Does someone know the background image that's going to be used from now on on the pictures? Would be cool to know so I could make the change already when generating worker pictures.

I agree would be nice to see sample so we can prepare our own choices for worker pics. Going through all the created ones on forum take time let alone making some haha. 

I've been quiet here for awhile now. But I've always checked in here and there. I am loving the new features so far! As a trans femme enby and queer person, I am loving being able to fully represent everyone in the game, and that the support in the forums have been much better than the last release. @Adam Ryland I remember a feature you had planned but scrapped for 2020 was for things like being gay or trans a possible hidden attribute. This was done to simulate coming out moments, and also could help with historical databases as well, as in the past these things where kept under wraps more so than today. Is this something you are considering bringing back?

• Like 6

@Adam Ryland I noticed in 2020 that it was super easy to get most anyone over than it was in 2016. Pop wise. Will this be scaled back to where pop gains aren’t so massive and quick for everyone? I understand some guys get over quick. I was able to get 5 midcarders whose pop was 60 to 86 in 8 months time. 

1 hour ago, Alienated said:

This is a massive question for those who want to carry saves over. Will the game still support jpg images on top of gifs?

Saves won't carry over. The database can be converted though

8 minutes ago, HamKing said:

Saves won't carry over. The database can be converted though

You could theoretically convert a save into a database in TEW 2020 and then use the TEW IX database converter to make it usable in the new game.