TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

One thing I was supprised about with TEW2020 but what was in WMMA5 was reality show. I'd love to have the ability to have a tough enough TV show etc. 

Edited by leigh31
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, leigh31 said:

One thing I was supprised about with TEW2020 but what was in WMMA5 was reality show. I'd love to have the ability to have a tough enough TV show etc. 

right, or be able to have an option where your owned broadcast has non-wrestling event content on it. Or when you sign a broadcasting deal you can make a non-wrestling show but must be maybe big or large in size

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AM901 said:

I’d love the ability to send workers to a child company to work there to avoid the “too small for me” complaints and morale hit

yeah agree, or when you sign a non-wrestler, the contract will just send them directly to your child company, and not as a developmental worker

• Like 2

The gameplay elements that have been announced so far are really cool, and I hope that a feature from EWR will come back, the report of matches when you go through your booking, it adds a lot of immersion, and I think that now we could have such a cool feature especially if modders could add real-world journalists making reviews.

47 minutes ago, Larrikn said:

Theoretically, with this new trade system could I offer another promotion enough money to do a talent swap permanently? Essentially buying out a contract?

No; talent trades and talent swaps are two different things. The journal entry is explicitly about the talent trades feature in this instance.

• Like 2

Also on the family relationships subject, where would someone who is married into a family fit? For example Afa Anoa'i's wife, who is not the mother of his children, but they treat her as such. Triple H with the rest of the McMahon family etc.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattywood said:

On the family relationships, can those be pre-made to be in the negative in the database editor? This would be useful for historical mods where there instances of family dysfunction.

You'd use the Personal option, as outlined in the journal entry.

24 minutes ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Also on the family relationships subject, where would someone who is married into a family fit? For example Afa Anoa'i's wife, who is not the mother of his children, but they treat her as such. Triple H with the rest of the McMahon family etc.?

That's up to you / the database maker. I've outlined what you have available, you'd deploy it in whatever way you see fit for the context.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Jason Phoenix said:

For me, I would classify Triple H and the McMahons as the 'Like Family' personal relationship status. In previous versions I've always used the 'Loyalty' for relationships like that.

• Like 3

So uh, not to be the Crusader Kings player in the room but do certain relationship exclude others. Sibling Dating. Hatred mentor. Etc.

Edited by Astil
  • Like 2
  • Haha 14

2 minutes ago, Rhaums said:

With the move to real calendars, what day will new saves start? If i'm making a mod set in April, would it start on the 1st of April or the 1st monday?

The 1st of April.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Astil said:

So uh, not to be the Crusader Kings player in the room but do certain relationship exclude others. Sibling Dating. Hatred mentor. Etc.

To be fair though, hatred mentor isn't super uncommon. Stevie Richards notoriously hated Raven but has said Raven taught him everything he knows. They're cool now but Stevie hated him. Raven also thought CM Punk hated him as well while he was mentoring him. 

41 minutes ago, JudasCradle said:

To be fair though, hatred mentor isn't super uncommon. Stevie Richards notoriously hated Raven but has said Raven taught him everything he knows. They're cool now but Stevie hated him. Raven also thought CM Punk hated him as well while he was mentoring him. 

I'm watching 97 Nitros lately, Raven didn't seem to be much of a fan of Stevie either 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 8:57 AM, benjirino said:

Question about angle overhaul. Given you can now have pretapes, does that mean that you can use wrestlers who are double booked assuming it's only for angles provided you use pretapes?

Any word on this query @Adam Ryland? Thanks.