TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, JudasCradle said:

To be fair though, hatred mentor isn't super uncommon. Stevie Richards notoriously hated Raven but has said Raven taught him everything he knows. They're cool now but Stevie hated him. Raven also thought CM Punk hated him as well while he was mentoring him. 

Steve Austin and Chris Adams as well

• Like 1

I buy every version of this game.  This one looks to be another major upgrade.  Hoping they find a way to add blood--some companies may allow it, others forbid it, same with broadcasters, bookers, workers.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ace1193 said:

Could i convert my PWS mod over to the new TEW IX?

PWS is developed by a different person than TEW IX with some different stats and gameplay features.

I don't foresee any converter being released that would allow you to convert your PWS mod to TEW IX.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ace1193 said:

Could i convert my PWS mod over to the new TEW IX?

No. On top of there being no real conversion process, TEW has way more data/features that there is no data to convert to. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Idolized said:

No. On top of there being no real conversion process, TEW has way more data/features that there is no data to convert to. 

thanks should i just mod tew 2020 or wait till ix

3 minutes ago, Big Roguey said:

You could but you'd be better served spending the demo week just playing around with the new game first to get a feel for how things run rather than rushing to modding.

true i will do but i wanna bring my mod over :)

55 minutes ago, WCGreyghost said:

I buy every version of this game.  This one looks to be another major upgrade.  Hoping they find a way to add blood--some companies may allow it, others forbid it, same with broadcasters, bookers, workers.

So long as the game doesn't get flagged by my antivirus the way the last one did, I'll be happy.

Bery happy about the deathmatch changes for deathmatch promotion. No company has ever done 100% deathmatches. No DQ matches? Maybe you could do that but those aren't "deathmatches" anyway. 

I hope it's also been expanded who'll do lighttubes or other "safer" deathmatch options. You're pretty limited as is on who'll do them or not, but most wrestlers in real life don't really have much of a problem with light tubes or gimmicked glass. I can see having restrictions on things like barbwire, gusset plates, nails or more "extreme" variations though. 

Edited by Hawk1665
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Hawk1665 said:

Bery happy about the deathmatch changes for deathmatch promotion. No company has ever done 100% deathmatches. No DQ matches? Maybe you could do that but those aren't "deathmatches" anyway. 

I hope it's also been expanded who'll do lighttubes or other "safer" deathmatch options. You're pretty limited as is on who'll do them or not, but most wrestlers in real life don't really have much of a problem with light tubes or gimmicked glass. I can see having restrictions on things like barbwire, gusset plates, nails or more "extreme" variations though. 

Just don’t use real glass with CM Punk

• Haha 3

Just getting caught up on the announcement and changes.

I think the ability to request a call-up is great, but wish we were getting more communication options for the developmentals. For instance, when hey send you half of an established tag team, being able to suggest signing their partner. In my current game I have half a screen worth of bad chemistry notes for one person's singles opponents and tag team partners that could have been avoided if they just signed his brother.

Also, being able to give notes prior to resigning a developmental contract. Maybe the guy that spent 14 months in rehab and triggers negative backstage incidents half the time he is available shouldn't be brought in for another two years.