TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

With bookers now being able to improve their booking skills as the game goes on, could unemployed bookers be assigned to the various indy shows that the game produces (and potentially tribute shows)? 

Someone has to book any show and this seems like a logical way for unemployed workers who have booking skills to improve that skill - just like the wrestlers who work the shows.

Edited by Iceman90
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Iceman90 said:

With bookers now being able to improve their booking skills as the game goes on, could unemployed bookers be assigned to the various indy shows that the game produces (and potentially tribute shows)? 

Someone has to book any show and this seems like a logical way for unemployed workers who have booking skills to improve that skill - just like the wrestlers who work the shows.

I agree with this too, and it would cover real life promoters of one off events and not full promotions.

I have mentioned Kobashi’s Fortune Dream series in the past. It’s possible to set tribute shows to living workers as a workaround, but having them actually listed as promoting the show would be much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teh_Showtime said:

I agree with this too, and it would cover real life promoters of one off events and not full promotions.

I have mentioned Kobashi’s Fortune Dream series in the past. It’s possible to set tribute shows to living workers as a workaround, but having them actually listed as promoting the show would be much better.

In my databases I often add random unemployed "money mark" type characters, especially in regions without many bookers who wouldn't really make sense as a tribute show, especially since they don't have any/many relationships but could easily be randomly assigned to an indy show.

Edited by Iceman90

I'm really liking a lot of the additions so far. Just dreading how long it'll take to fine tune my heavily modded 2013 RL database to my liking. I barely got it to a point where I liked it for a long term save, maybe 2 years ago haha.

I love the inclusion of Avatar Pay. For someone who plays as realistic as possible it’s nice to see what I’m being paid and makes the jump to foreign lands for viable (I’ve earnt (x)hundred thousand working for (y), I’d have enough saved to cover moving costs and/or buying a place in the new country. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alexhudson1996 said:

Just to catch up has their been any announcment of controlling whos pushed in the developmental companies? Loving all the changes so far though

Nothing has been announced regarding this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrindhouseArts said:

Hm, I tried it, and with that experience under my belt, I have to agree with Vinsmoker. It doesn't really convey 'dislike'.

Fair point. Just working with what's there lol

14 minutes ago, Clarity said:

I love the inclusion of Avatar Pay. For someone who plays as realistic as possible it’s nice to see what I’m being paid and makes the jump to foreign lands for viable (I’ve earnt (x)hundred thousand working for (y), I’d have enough saved to cover moving costs and/or buying a place in the new country. 

It also provides new goals for players, in the vein of challenges like "Road to Glory" or "Local to Global" and especially with the option for avatars to age and die. One could now choose to set new challenge goals for themselves, such as "earn x amount during my career with this avatar" or "retire this avatar once they've earned x amount of money and force myself to take over with a new one".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It also provides new goals for players, in the vein of challenges like "Road to Glory" or "Local to Global" and especially with the option for avatars to age and die. One could now choose to set new challenge goals for themselves, such as "earn x amount during my career with this avatar" or "retire this avatar once they've earned x amount of money and force myself to take over with a new one".

I can already hear the sound of TEW YouTubers working out their ‘how quickly can I earn $1,000,000’ challenges 

• Haha 6

These updates are great. Nothing amazingly eye catching for me personally (today), but still solid and definitely things that I'd rather have than not. Really, really, really excited to get my hands on this.

Edited by Peria

36 minutes ago, Clarity said:

I can already hear the sound of TEW YouTubers working out their ‘how quickly can I earn $1,000,000’ challenges 

I mean... I hadn't thought of it but I might now

10 hours ago, Derek B said:

Stepping in as a mod, again, to remind people to use react buttons when you like and dislike things and that there is zero debate required on this specific subject as opinions don't change facts.

Hey Derek. I assume you'll be porting CV97 to the game? 😎 It's the only scenario i play. 

As for the new additions: love any AI improvement as I love to watch more than actually playing. The AI isnt as good as WMMA for logical reasons and is definitely passable, but it can still inprove. 

• Like 3