TEW IX Developer's Journal Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Mattywood said:

Question on the celebrities addition: How would it be best to implement someone like Logan Paul into a real world mod? He has a huge following on Youtube, yet he's been willing to work more WWE shows than your average celebrity.

I think that'd be up to the individual database maker to decide once they've read up on the precise rules. Personally, I'd suggest that he is not counted as a celeb (in TEW terms) given that he's been on the roster for a lengthy time, and instead model him as a regular worker using the new attributes to indicate he has outside interests and wrestling isn't his primary career.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, justtxyank said:

Oh man I don’t know if anyone else is excited about this feature but I’m thrilled about the minis classification! 

I always struggled having them in databases in the past. So glad this was added.

celebrity classification sounds like a perfect addition as well. 

I'm with you! Love the addition of the mini classification. Now I can properly use the likes of Haiti Kid, Little Tokyo, Tiger Jackson & Max Mini.

Or I can make them my locker room enforcers for giggles.

And thank you for the clarification, Adam! I figured that was the best way to go.

Edited by Mattywood
  • Like 2

I assume there is no option for text size or full screen option, I just have trouble reading the text sometimes in tew 2020 so it’s a big deal for me, will be buying the game on release either way though! 

28 minutes ago, justtxyank said:

Oh man I don’t know if anyone else is excited about this feature but I’m thrilled about the minis classification! 

I always struggled having them in databases in the past. So glad this was added.

celebrity classification sounds like a perfect addition as well. 

Totally agree, I'd been meaning to suggest adding a Mini size category for months, so this is perfect.

Happy about being able to remove companies. This will be great as I always preferred to pick a " Yet to debut" company over making my own so it will make it really convenient. 

Can someone tell me where I can suggest something to the game or future game where the ppv stage budget when editing ppv or ple can be done to regular shows like raw and smackdown I think since shows are always changing stages we should be able to set a regular show stage budget like the one ppvs and ple have in the edit ppv section

2 minutes ago, Killer6898 said:

Can someone tell me where I can suggest something to the game or future game where the ppv stage budget when editing ppv or ple can be done to regular shows like raw and smackdown I think since shows are always changing stages we should be able to set a regular show stage budget like the one ppvs and ple have in the edit ppv section

Any suggestions can be posted here

5 hours ago, jakaryus said:

Tears of joy in my eyes with the chicken that Adam is offering us for the new TEW.

That and the manager change where they can change clients are low key huge changes. Getting into bidding wars for young talents that turn out to be major stars like Sting, Lex Luger, and the Undertaker in 80s mods would be fun!

Celebrities sounds amazing! Quick question - I know the entry says that popularity doesn't change according to how they're booked, just wondering if popularity was completely static or could change over the years as they got more/less well-known outside of wrestling? 

• Like 1

Has there been any mention of merchandise numbers being reworked? As a small company you can sign Jack Bruce as a “personality” and he’d carry company based off merch profits only asking for like 30%. 

The year was 2002, June to be exact. I was 16 years old and excited like it was Christmas eve. Extreme Warfare Revenge was releasing on the 15th and I was going on holiday on the 16th. I loaded up EWR on my dad's laptop and spent every moment inside the caravan playing it.

I drifted away from wrestling after we lost Eddie and Benoit, I always played TEW but I was never excited about a new one until now, wrestling feels hot again I guess.

Thanks for all the hard work over the years Adam, good luck with TEW9.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very cool to see the celebrity and mini features added. 

I hope that means there's been a fairly broad expansion to the C-Verse as a whole to embrace these features. Especially since it's AI art instead of renders now 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puroresu said:

He was just giving a reason for the change - he didn't want people getting play-by-play announcers confused with ring announcers. He was not saying that ring announcers had been added to the game (although that would be a nice feature).

True, but what would be the point of explicitly adding a nomenclature and attribute change for play-by-play announcers if there were still no ring announcers in game? I read it as an obvious thing that wasn't big enough to warrant its own entry, but could be wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s a weird feeling right now. Having been around since TEW05 (or is it TEW1 now) I’ve played this series when I was a piece of garbage young retail worker through multiple house moves, relationships, marriage, having children, seperation, significant work promotions and almost 20 years later sit here awaiting the new version to drop. 

• Like 5

Licensing and unlicensing takes seconds and you can now do it manually via their website (e.g. you don't need access to a machine to deactivate your license, so if you're unlucky enough to suffer a hardware failure or lose your laptop, you no longer need to send us e-mails or wait around, as long as you have your code you can do everything yourself). 

This is my first game using the new licensing system and this is awesome to hear! I was completely unaware of how this new system worked. That is an awesome self-service platform, which I am all about!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clarity said:

It’s a weird feeling right now. Having been around since TEW05 (or is it TEW1 now) I’ve played this series when I was a piece of garbage young retail worker through multiple house moves, relationships, marriage, having children, seperation, significant work promotions and almost 20 years later sit here awaiting the new version to drop. 

I played Extreme Warfare and Promotion Wars to death.

• Like 1