General Gameplay Questions Thread

6 hours ago, elmiticomark said:

Is there any way to make the old European by-rounds style judged match?  Like that belly-up promotion irl from the 90's?  

There are the Unanimous Decision Finish and Majority Decision Finish Road Agent Notes for matches. 

• Like 1

Has anyone found the morale officer role to have any positive interactions? I only ever seen to get the officer trying to cheer someone up and the person getting pissed. I've gone through three officers, all ideal for the job, and it's all I ever get.

• Like 1

Can someone explain how I get the booking screen to book from opening segments upwards?

At the moment, everything I seem to book starts with the main event, then everything under that.  I like to book in order of how my show starts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McMenemy said:

Can someone explain how I get the booking screen to book from opening segments upwards?

At the moment, everything I seem to book starts with the main event, then everything under that.  I like to book in order of how my show starts.

Yup, go to Options > Your Preferences, and look for Enable Book Main Event First (near the bottom right). You can toggle it on/off there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Almaida said:

Yup, go to Options > Your Preferences, and look for Enable Book Main Event First (near the bottom right). You can toggle it on/off there.

Thank you so much.  I couldn't find it anywhere!

• Like 2

I'm a little confused about show costs- I went into my finances after my first month and I can't work out where these costs come from. Venue hire makes sense, miscellaneous costs are whatever, but where's the other three thousand odd bucks come from? There's no explanation for this in the help files, as far as I can tell my running costs per show (not counting separate production costs) should only be $150

image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1PWfan said:

I'm a little confused about show costs- I went into my finances after my first month and I can't work out where these costs come from. Venue hire makes sense, miscellaneous costs are whatever, but where's the other three thousand odd bucks come from? There's no explanation for this in the help files, as far as I can tell my running costs per show (not counting separate production costs) should only be $150

Well I was going to say travel costs but after digging through the finance screen, those probably fall under the workers section under bonuses and perks. So I guess I have no idea what contributes to that "overall" section of show costs.

15 minutes ago, VBigB said:

Well I was going to say travel costs but after digging through the finance screen, those probably fall under the workers section under bonuses and perks. So I guess I have no idea what contributes to that "overall" section of show costs.

So did some searching in the TEW2020 forum which led me to the discovery that you can hover over those categories and it will display a tool-tip. If you hover over "Overall" it says "These are general, fixed and variable costs from putting on live events".

Adam provided an explanation for TEW2020 here: https://forum.greydogsoftware.com/topic/55022-general-in-show-costs-absolutely-crippling-me/#comment-1443778

You can see the explanation of what it is by hovering over that line in the finance breakdown screen. It's the total of fixed and variable costs that you incur every time you run a show, based on your company's size and the broadcasting type of the show (if any).

Edited by VBigB

14 hours ago, benjirino said:

Has anyone found the morale officer role to have any positive interactions? I only ever seen to get the officer trying to cheer someone up and the person getting pissed. I've gone through three officers, all ideal for the job, and it's all I ever get.

I've had my morale officer do backstage things with positive outcomes. No relationships or anything but everything has been positive so far. It could be personality problems, like they've just tried it with people who have bad personalities in the first place. I don't know the specific mechanics behind it whether that weighs in or it's just a random dice role

Is wage spiraling a thing still? If I recall in past games, if you hired someone with higher wages then your roster it would cause the entire roster to demand raises. Say my highest wage is 230 per show. If I bring in someone who wants 400 per show, will it cause the roster to demand more money across the board or atleast your top stars?

13 hours ago, TheAwesomeZero101 said:

How are you guys using stables in angles, I find involving other stable members if they aren't on the same level drag the segment down even if they have little involvement which makes it hard to include them in angles.

I think this could use some tuning. Having someone stand there not speaking shouldn’t have such a drastic effect. Maybe using the cameo role could subvert the issue? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SableWWF said:

How do you guys book / build up a women’s division from scratch ? I’m finding it difficult and nothing is seeming to work 

I think the answer sort of depends on what size of company you are and where you are located.

If you're a major company in the US or Canada, basically all you can do is wait for USPW or CWA to release people and scoop them up then use them to build up more talented younger workers. Fortunately, USPW doesn't seem to care about retaining female workers. In my SWF save, I've picked up Missy Masterson, Sarah Marie York and Lora Washington (Miss American Pie). After 6 months they can hold down midcard matches in shows.

If you're a US, Mexican, Canadian or Japanese Indie, you have some out of work folks, but basically you'll have to overlap heavily with the other women's indies. In the US this means you'll have a high level of overlap with QAW, ACPW and CZCW. There are enough wrestlers to do it, but you don't have many choices and all of your saves will start off pretty samey.

If you are anywhere else, you probably need to either hit the editor, install a mod or wait a year or so to see if the computer generates enough female workers to make it work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alienated said:

I think this could use some tuning. Having someone stand there not speaking shouldn’t have such a drastic effect. Maybe using the cameo role could subvert the issue? 

Cameo, background player and bodyguard largely make this a non-issue. If you are using Non-Speaking role stop. That one is entirely about rating on overness at full value.

Bodyguard especially makes undercard guys with menace somewhat useful.

13 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Cameo, background player and bodyguard largely make this a non-issue. If you are using Non-Speaking role stop. That one is entirely about rating on overness at full value.

Bodyguard especially makes undercard guys with menace somewhat useful.

Idk using an angle with The Rat Pack and Hollywood Brett. Where everybody I believe has Good to Great entertainment skills should get 70s and 80s. But Justin Sensitive constantly brings my ratings down. Even using background player or the other notes that shouldn’t affect it that much. These angles are getting me 60s.

53 minutes ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

Idk using an angle with The Rat Pack and Hollywood Brett. Where everybody I believe has Good to Great entertainment skills should get 70s and 80s. But Justin Sensitive constantly brings my ratings down. Even using background player or the other notes that shouldn’t affect it that much. These angles are getting me 60s.

For the default data Rat Pack, Monty and Justin are awful for angles and Dulce is only sort of OK unless your product allows sex appeal ratings. Spencer and Paul are good and Brett is a good foil. I'd try rating Monty, Justin and Dulce on background and then seeing how it goes. I was getting high 60s to mid 70s with default Rat Pack.

Alternately, I've had good success with multipart angles that zoom down to the key parties in later angles.

I guess its a matter of opinion how high an angle with one famous guy and a bunch of scrubs SHOULD rate? The Rat Pack is a key part of my SWF save, but it is largely Spencer and some young fast talking heels (WIley LaRoux and Hudson Drake) and managers (Dulce and Maryam Vega) because I got tired of dragging along the dead weight? 

1 hour ago, Doctor Crunch said:

For the default data Rat Pack, Monty and Justin are awful for angles and Dulce is only sort of OK unless your product allows sex appeal ratings. Spencer and Paul are good and Brett is a good foil. I'd try rating Monty, Justin and Dulce on background and then seeing how it goes. I was getting high 60s to mid 70s with default Rat Pack.

Alternately, I've had good success with multipart angles that zoom down to the key parties in later angles.

I guess it’s a matter of opinion how high an angle with one famous guy and a bunch of scrubs SHOULD rate? The Rat Pack is a key part of my SWF save, but it is largely Spencer and some young fast talking heels (WIley LaRoux and Hudson Drake) and managers (Dulce and Maryam Vega) because I got tired of dragging along the dead weight? 

Thanks I will definitely try different combinations and see what other results I get.

• Like 1