General Gameplay Questions Thread

@Adam Ryland I have a question about hidden attributes and how they work with products

If I put Adult Entertainment as hidden will there be penalties to the company that has that product modifier?

And is the penalty hidden from the player?

I did a quick test with AE hidden and revealed with SWF. Nowhere in the dirtsheet, match performance, after show screen, news section OR in the mail did it ever mention anything about the worker being AE. (don't know if tagging if frowned up or not, if it is I apoligize=

Edited by HurkaDurk69

1 hour ago, HurkaDurk69 said:

@Adam Ryland I have a question about hidden attributes and how they work with products

If I put Adult Entertainment as hidden will there be penalties to the company that has that product modifier?

And is the penalty hidden from the player?

I did a quick test with AE hidden and revealed with SWF. Nowhere in the dirtsheet, match performance, after show screen, news section OR in the mail did it ever mention anything about the worker being AE. (don't know if tagging if frowned up or not, if it is I apoligize=

If the attribute is hidden then nobody in the game world would know it exists, so there's no reason why you would get reports about it or any penalties. Hiding it seems illogical in the first place though.

27 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

If the attribute is hidden then nobody in the game world would know it exists, so there's no reason why you would get reports about it or any penalties. Hiding it seems illogical in the first place though.

I wouldn't say that it's entirely illogical. For example, Lars Sullivan's role in that industry wasn't known until 2019, so that attribute could be kept hidden for a while (even if it's not permanent), especially if the performer didn't shoot many scenes or was in a niche market.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Adam Ryland said:

If the attribute is hidden then nobody in the game world would know it exists, so there's no reason why you would get reports about it or any penalties.

But when it was non-hidden it still didn't say anything about penalties(I said this in the OG comment but looking back it was not phrased the best, sorry about that[I did a quick test with AE hidden and revealed with SWF.])

On 7/25/2024 at 8:44 PM, MightyDavidson said:

Not a gameplay question really, I'm just wondering if the new game doesn't get flagged by antivirus programs. 

Avast flagged the retail patch 1.12, but you can add Exceptions in most antivirus programs, usually by folder or specific files.

Windows Defender also flagged the latest retail patch 1.12, I just clicked More Info and the option to run the application was available.  Sorry I didn't take screenshots as I was too excited to play :)  I hope this helps.

7 hours ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

My Main event was dinged for lack of storyline associated and also my show dinged for not storyline not having high stakes or something like that. What gives?

The first is exactly as the wording says, you've got a penalty because your match wasn't connected to a storyline.

The second means that none of your storylines had any dramatic stakes - i.e. nobody won or lost in any of them, they just advanced without anything interesting happening. You must have something happening in at least one.

Not a question but more of a tip for other players and didn't know where else to put it.

The Psychopath deathmatch trick still works! I mainly play as Deathmatch promotions in TEW games and in other games in the series if a worker does not want to wrestle in a deathmatch (which is detrimental in a deathmatch company), the trick is to ask them to switch their style to a psychopath. After that, they'll happily agree to any match you put forward (unless maybe they have some other attributes that prevent it). This way you don't have to search for deathmatch wrestler attribute, you can just switch wrestlers into psychopaths and then sign them.

Obviously not everyone agrees to the switch, but those that do, open a lot more options for you for hiring :)

• Like 2

Would it be possible to get an option to ask wrestlers that aren't employed whether they'd be willing to do eye candy matches? Currently I can only ask employed workers if they're willing, and there's no option to ask them to change either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloodtitan89 said:

Would it be possible to get an option to ask wrestlers that aren't employed whether they'd be willing to do eye candy matches? Currently I can only ask employed workers if they're willing, and there's no option to ask them to change either.

Actually this same goes for Deathmatch matches too. There's an option for high risk matches, but not deathmatches until you've hired the person.

EDIT: I've added these to the suggestion forums :)

Edited by FINisher
  • Like 2

Is there a benefit to investing big in a child company if I don't have the workers for it? 

So if I can afford a child company with the max popularity in their home region (42), but the most popular workers I can get are 20-30... is there a point in getting a high pop child company? Will having a pop 10-20 higher than the best workers drag the product down? Will they fall to the level of the workers or will the higher pop of the show elevate the workers to it? 

How are young wrestlers developing long-term in this iteration of TEW?

An example: let's say you have a 1995 mod with a young Paul Wight. If you would simulate like 10 - 20 years into the mod in TEW 2020, from my experience he would gain primary skills evenly and not build up just Brawling for example, but remain limited in Flashiness and Aerial. He would have like 20 Flashiness and Aerial as well in the end. Is it the same in TEW IX or does someone like him due to his size / weight / style remain very limited in highflying skills? Also is there any way to limit gain in specific skills?

13 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

The first is exactly as the wording says, you've got a penalty because your match wasn't connected to a storyline.

The second means that none of your storylines had any dramatic stakes - i.e. nobody won or lost in any of them, they just advanced without anything interesting happening. You must have something happening in at least one.

Thanks. I knew it was simple but my brain just wasn’t working at the time

1 hour ago, Nightshadeex said:

What is everyone using as an angle role for the cavalry? I'm using attacker and victim in the obvious ways, but am not sure about the rescuer. Maybe bodyguard? Or fighting?

Instinct says fighting's the best response, yeah. Looking down the list there isn't an obviously better one

7 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

What is everyone using as an angle role for the cavalry? I'm using attacker and victim in the obvious ways, but am not sure about the rescuer. Maybe bodyguard? Or fighting?

In the quick angles it uses attacker for the cavalry, so it goes attacker for the original attackers, victim for the victims and then attacker again for the cavalry.

12 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

I generally do a multi part angle with part 1 as attacker/victim, part two as everyone fighting with the original target as either background or selling an injury, and part three as character development for the victors and off screen for the side that got run off.

Edited by Doctor Crunch

Wanted to post in here as I'm not sure if the issue I'm having is a bug or just a symptom of me playing as a big company. I'm currently in June with SWF and I am yet to see a single pre-show incident. I'm not sure whether this is normal for bigger companies: less goes wrong for them I suppose, but I was wondering if this was actually a bug I'm witnessing. 

I've also yet to see any injuries on my roster, but that could just be down to the safe nature of my product as well as not overusing wrestlers. If anyone could just let me know if this is normal I'd appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, Loubmeupscotty said:

Wanted to post in here as I'm not sure if the issue I'm having is a bug or just a symptom of me playing as a big company. I'm currently in June with SWF and I am yet to see a single pre-show incident. I'm not sure whether this is normal for bigger companies: less goes wrong for them I suppose, but I was wondering if this was actually a bug I'm witnessing. 

I've also yet to see any injuries on my roster, but that could just be down to the safe nature of my product as well as not overusing wrestlers. If anyone could just let me know if this is normal I'd appreciate it.

I'm running my own Deathmatch company with low level workers - trust me on this, there are pre-show incidents and injuries a plenty!

3 minutes ago, FINisher said:

I'm running my own Deathmatch company with low level workers - trust me on this, there are pre-show incidents and injuries a plenty!

I assumed it was just my product and how I use the roster, but thank you for the confirmation!

I have a question related to Momentum and Popularity.

Most of my roster has hot to white hot momentum. I had a guy (Rokuemon Matsushita) go 8-1 during a tournament with white hot momentum and his only loss to another major star, yet he *lost* popularity and downgraded from major star to star. Matsushita has an 88 in star quality for reference, so it's not that.

I get you can't just keep getting popularity forever and it stabilizes for major stars around your company popularity, but I really don't understand how someone could be booked so strongly, already be a major star, and yet lose popularity and status in the company. 

If I have a Multi Day Event as my Season Finale:

Do I only need to set the last Event of the Multi Day Event to Season Finale or can I set all Events to Season Finale, so all of them will get the bonus for it?

Or will the Game automatically recognize the whole Multi Day Event as the Season Finale?

Edited by Losi

12 hours ago, Loubmeupscotty said:

Wanted to post in here as I'm not sure if the issue I'm having is a bug or just a symptom of me playing as a big company. I'm currently in June with SWF and I am yet to see a single pre-show incident.

You will see very few pre-show incidents with large companies because, by their nature, they're more professional so it's far less likely that equipment will go to the wrong venue, etc.

38 minutes ago, Losi said:

If I have a Multi Day Event as my Season Finale:

Do I only need to set the last Event of the Multi Day Event to Season Finale or can I set all Events to Season Finale, so all of them will get the bonus for it?

Or will the Game automatically recognize the whole Multi Day Event as the Season Finale?

Only one event can be season finale, so you'd need to choose.