General Gameplay Questions Thread

3 hours ago, Zero said:

My final post about Angles.  I've been playing a lot (about six hours) and booking shows nonstop, the angle screen drags big time.  It takes all the wind out of my sails.  Tons more clicks, tons more clicking and is not fun at all.  I get that it allows dynamic booking but holy cow does it slow down the game entirely.  

While I understand it allows more creativity, it just doesn't allow a flow to booking.  It is super tedious.  Adam, please come up with a quicker solution or allow QUICK ANGLE to be the old angle screen from 2020.  

Edit - Maybe it is the button configuration as well.  I'm not sure.  I love all the updates but this seriously is a major drag on my game.  It would also be different if I could create my own angles and save them to use for repeat use but add new talent.

With the way angles are now, I'm remaining with TEW 2020

Agree with you on clicks, it feels definitely more time-consuming to book angles compared to previous versions. 

I am not completely down on the system though, I would love if someone who played Alpha version or have spent time on the system can explain how angles/ work with IRL examples. Or just a simple guide for everyone, since it's a completely new system and many seem to be confused, including me.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ThriceP86 said:

Hey all, my go-to fed is CZCW and the roster is integrated. However, when I go to the roster screen it shows each wrestler in men's or women's division (see pic below). I was still able to do matches between men and women on my first show regardless of their default division.

I did figure out how to update their divisions though. When on the roster screen, I select the wrestler icon to go to their alter details pop-up. In that pop-up is the "competes in" dropdown and can select the following: men's division, women's division, unrestricted and unassigned. I am starting to select unrestricted for all of my wrestlers just for my own organization. However, will this affect my playthrough of the game or is this just an organizational tool?

image.thumb.png.1a2971dfe17792d34fe5354227d3a2e4.png

Never mind this post, I looked at the handbook in-game and states clearly it's an organizational tool. My bad lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TFLGuitar said:

Really enjoying the demo so far...Love the new angle system and the renders are growing on me....

One question which was an issue for me in the TEW 2020....Is there a way to turn off the "The crowd were totally turned off by having a match on the main show between workers they don't have any investment in" penalty  for having a match with two unimportant wrestlers?

Put it on the pre-show. They don't like having two unimportant workers fight on the main card, for some reason. Even though for a live crowd that distinction shouldn't even matter.

Edited by Spoons

Not sure where else to post this, but when I installed the game, it automatically installed to my Documents section. I noticed I can now save images directly to the picture folder from Chrome or Photoshop instead of saving them to my desktop and moving them later.

Would leaving it installed in my Documents section cause any problems? Still running in Admin mode, but I've never had TEW installed anywhere other than Program Files.

Can anybody tell me if this is a bug? I posted it in the tech support section 22 hours ago. It still remains the same on Beta 2 and there has been no reply or explanation in the tech support.

In the editor it says 21CW (Big Size) require a minimum of 3 active hot storylines. Ingame it says 5.

error.thumb.jpg.1e445f8412779a7dd0f81e36a475ce5c.jpg

19 hours ago, ritwik said:

How do I send a worker to my development territory as a trainer, or to just work there?

Edit: how to even offer developmental deals to workers? 

FWIW, if you have a child company, you can use the send away button to send them to developmental. Then from the Child Company Screen you can set a men's and women's trainer.

4 hours ago, Callum07 said:

Can anybody tell me if this is a bug? I posted it in the tech support section 22 hours ago. It still remains the same on Beta 2 and there has been no reply or explanation in the tech support.

In the editor it says 21CW (Big Size) require a minimum of 3 active hot storylines. Ingame it says 5.

error.thumb.jpg.1e445f8412779a7dd0f81e36a475ce5c.jpg

image.thumb.png.eb539facd77add28b4486da467b7f518.pngI'd guess it has to do with the product of 21CW requiring more storylines than the average promotion. 

Not sure if this a bug or I am doing something wrong but I added a women's division to SWF but the auto Booker won't make any women's matches.

Before anyone asks: Yes I did make sure that the gender setting includes a women's division 

Will my child company hire any workers on their own? Is there setting for this that I am missing? I like scouting talent but I also like the owner and booker of the company, who I chose with care, being involved in the hiring process, as they were in previous versions. 

Can minis get hired by AI companies with no mini division, and used regularly?  I will have a lot of small people in my mod and probably no designated mini divisions, so I'm really asking if I just need to mass tag "doesn't as a mini"

5 hours ago, jesseewiak said:

Really dumb question - did the number for storyline heat get removed? 

I assume it’s still in because it’s referred to in the help section, but yeah, it’s now hidden; you just see Hot/Very Hot/whatever instead of a number.

Quick question on scheduling events: I'm running NYCW and Rush Hour is positioned on the second Saturday of January. For reasons of availability I've moved the next scheduled bit to the following Sunday; that's just a one-off thing and won't affect the event going forward, right?

What would be the best way to simulate a modern kick-off show for a PPV?

There are two ideas that come to mind:

- Just using the pre-show, but then this wouldn’t be broadcast and so no popularity changes would happen outside the region the event is being held.

- Adding a lesser or throwaway event to the same night as the PPV - but I’m not sure if you’d get morale impacts for being left off the show.

On 7/28/2024 at 3:42 AM, ritwik said:

How do I send a worker to my development territory as a trainer, or to just work there?

Edit: how to even offer developmental deals to workers? 

On 7/28/2024 at 5:40 AM, Spoons said:

If that still works as it does in 2020 (as I assume it does, since Adam didn't mention anything about that aspect changing), then developmental contracts aren't a thing; you need to bring them in as if they were going to be on your main roster first, THEN choose to send them to development once they sign with you. It seems counter-intuitive, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Once they're on the roster, click "Send Away" and you'll see the option to send 'em to Dev. Again, if that's been unchanged.

So yeah it's the same as it was in 2020 however there is a much simpler way, you offer someone a contract and when completing the signing there is a couple of drop down boxes at the bottom one is to decide if you are bringing them in as face or heel and the other which has "and go to" written before it defaults to the main roster but if you click on it you will be able to choose any company you have a developmental agreement with and that's how you send them straight there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Not sure where else to post this, but when I installed the game, it automatically installed to my Documents section. I noticed I can now save images directly to the picture folder from Chrome or Photoshop instead of saving them to my desktop and moving them later.

Would leaving it installed in my Documents section cause any problems? Still running in Admin mode, but I've never had TEW installed anywhere other than Program Files.

Doesn't look like anyone had replied to this, but the recent GDS games deliberately install in Documents, it'll be fine. As you say, makes life easier without having all the files protected in Program Files. I'm never sure whether admin mode is still actually doing anything but it's safer to have it on than not!

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen attributes like Midas Touch, Groundswell of Support, Personal Issues, in a funk, or flavor of the month added to worker during gameplay? 

Ive only seen it on character who were given it within the editor. 

In the editor under events you can set an event to be in December and the Third Saturday Of The Month. But then lower down it says Next Scheduled, do I then have to go through the calender to find out what date the Last Saturday in December actualy is? Seems like a massive pain when creating lots of events to have to check a date you have already specified

event.jpg.01f79d3ef3f447bce554c9a982956919.jpg

Also what is positioning shift?

Edited by Callum07