General Gameplay Questions Thread

4 minutes ago, Get_Ready_To_Fly said:

Just a small question, possible beginning date of a new save is only 1st January?

That will just be for the Beta because of the 3 month limit, the start date will always be the 1st of a month but once the full game's out it won't have to be January.

Just now, Markw said:

That will just be for the Beta, the start date will always be the 1st of a month but once the full game's out it won't have to be January.

If you don't stop posting exactly when I do people are gonna think we're the same person...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Get_Ready_To_Fly said:

Just a small question, possible beginning date of a new save is only 1st January?

If you go into the main editor and click Database Details at the bottom, there's an option to change the start date. Just keep in mind that title reigns and stuff like that will be messed up if you don't update them yourself first.

EDIT: Plus what they said lol.

Edited by Almaida

1 minute ago, Astil said:

If you don't stop posting exactly when I do people are gonna think we're the same person...

On my end it's looking a lot like you're getting there a second to slow to everything. 😅

• Haha 1

Is opening economy / wrestling interest level randomised at the start of a new game?

I messed around with some of the default contracts, and every time I try to run a new game now it always starts at wrestling interest very weak. Is there any way to change that?

2 hours ago, Mammoth said:

Heel/Face Attribute > Will/Won't Do Stunts > Addiction/Legal Troubles > Marketable/Unmarketable Attribute > Outside Interests (Politics, Music, Television etctera)

When they're lit up, you can hover your mouse over them and it'll tell you. 👍

Didn't know the hovering thing, my bad. Thank you!

• Like 1

When is comes to storyline victories, what are the different levels meant to represent. I would assume a win in a match would be a major victory. I guess a backroom brawl would be the same. But what about medium and minor? What do they represent?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FanOfNone said:

Anyone discovered where we can go to see the remaining length of a worker's contract with another promotion? It doesn't seem to be in the same place as TEW 2020.

Office -> Contract Overview -> Select promotion you want to see contracts for

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Almaida said:

For what it's worth, I found a Narrative option for Worker Changes Height, with the option to input their new height. That suggests to me that height can change organically during gameplay, but obviously I have no idea how those mechanics would work.

brb adding two repeatable narratives that give Cody Rhodes a daily 1% chance to change his height to either 3' or 8'

weight remains unchanged

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Joshdb said:

Playing as Owner Kashmir Singh of DSPW. He owns the Mumbai Wrestling Academy and I was looking to upgrade the Training and Facilities of the academy but don’t see the option. Where am I overlooking that? Thanks. 

I just checked in the game and you cannot upgrade them because they are not owned by DSPW.  They are both owned by Kashmir but that is different than being owned by DSPW unforunately.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Markw said:

Office -> Contract Overview -> Select promotion you want to see contracts for

So there is no other way? That's too bad, I liked it better in 2020 when it was in the profile of the worker I wanted.

Something else though, how do I release a worker from his/her contract?

Edited by kg04

11 minutes ago, kg04 said:

So there is no other way? That's too bad, I liked it better in 2020 when it was in the profile of the worker I wanted.

Something else though, how do I release a worker from his/her contract?

Roster -> Contract Tab -> Release

2 hours ago, moafnsteel said:

I just checked in the game and you cannot upgrade them because they are not owned by DSPW.  They are both owned by Kashmir but that is different than being owned by DSPW unforunately.  

Ah okay thanks for looking! Thought I was going crazy, felt like I should have been able to do that but I see why not now. Going to have to make another dojo then!

8 hours ago, WrestleManiac said:

When is comes to storyline victories, what are the different levels meant to represent. I would assume a win in a match would be a major victory. I guess a backroom brawl would be the same. But what about medium and minor? What do they represent?

I think you will find Its up to you so for instance Wyatt6 debut is a major beat down but one where they just scare Gable and he escapes their grasp would be minor.  I think the idea is you decide how much any action is sold effect wise.  Not all beatdowns are the same with the victim potentially fighting back effectively or not for instance

For stables, is there a way to incorporate old stables into your new company? In the C-verse, I created a new company and am trying to recreate Fat Pad's Piggy Bank Records but the game won't allow me to use the name.

2 hours ago, kemicode said:

For stables, is there a way to incorporate old stables into your new company? In the C-verse, I created a new company and am trying to recreate Fat Pad's Piggy Bank Records but the game won't allow me to use the name.

You can always put the initials of your company parenthetically after the name of the stable, but it's a database, so copying a name exactly will not be allowed.

For example, I had a stable called R.E.D. (made sense in the game), and I had a scenario where there was a "mini-version" of the stable in developmental, so I had "R.E.D. (WWE)" and "R.E.D. (SECW)" (I was running both companies with different avatars). So, when I concluded the storyline in my developmental, I deactivated that stable in that company and changed the name of the main stable back to just "R.E.D."

St.T

1 hour ago, St. Templar said:

You can always put the initials of your company parenthetically after the name of the stable, but it's a database, so copying a name exactly will not be allowed.

For example, I had a stable called R.E.D. (made sense in the game), and I had a scenario where there was a "mini-version" of the stable in developmental, so I had "R.E.D. (WWE)" and "R.E.D. (SECW)" (I was running both companies with different avatars). So, when I concluded the storyline in my developmental, I deactivated that stable in that company and changed the name of the main stable back to just "R.E.D."

St.T

Thanks for the idea. What I'll probably do is just edit the original stable to add "(Old)" then use mine as-is. Thanks!