Graphics Tutorial Request/Submission Thread

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.." - Someone more intelligent than me.

Just a thought after reading and commenting in the AI-Generated Content thread. Would people be keen on sharing their expertise in certain areas of graphics or mod-making or cool things they do within TEW?

Back in the day worker renders were (and still is) an exceptional skill that I always envied. The introduction of AI tools such as Bing AI Image Creator has helped but I still struggle with understanding prompts to get the best of the tool. Others will have a much better grasp and understanding of this.

Similarly, I don't know how to make event or company logos, even with AI as it never comes up in real text. Title belts are a mile away from my ability.

As such, I have put this thread together as a request, not for graphics themselves but for how others can share how they create things and thus allow more people to do the same and give back to the community.

I can try my best to keep this first post up to date too with people's contributions if they feel so inclined. 

Edited by Powerful_Fox
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Title Belts

So please keep in mind I am very much a beginner with generation and the hope here is someone better will tell me how to tweak/refine this process or indeed provide and completely alternative solution.

So let's make a title belt.

Tool: Image Creator from Microsoft Designer (bing.com)

Bing Image Creator is a pretty great tool for making almost anything. It requires keywords/descriptions referred to by many as "prompts".

So for my first prompt, a UK Heavyweight Title:

Prompt: wrestling championship belt, uk flag, heavyweight champion inscribed, front facing, white background, horizontal angle

Just to define this:

• wrestling championship belt - tells it the object we want to create
  • UK flag - gives the theme of the title
  • heavyweight champion inscribed - hoping this would give a clear definition of what the belt would say on it (bit iffy with AI tools as you will see below)
  • front facing - this is due to some renders coming back rotated slightly
  • white background - makes it cleaner and provides the option to remove the background for further editing (again by people cleverer than me)
  • horizontal angle - hoping this would keep the image straight

The results:

th?id=OIG4.mg4bLmWIGRvybNtIAntv&w=236&c=th?id=OIG4.LltSUtzjLSSX_ZmNGbNY&w=236&c=

As you can see there is a bit of an issue here in that the text isn't quite right (for me personally it's forgivable in a belt inscription as it would be so small anyway however this would be an issue for events/ company logos). 

I used the same prompt but changed "heavyweight champion inscribed" to "tag team inscribed"

The results:

th?id=OIG2.DYg56pkpAMyJjzX.PhQe&w=236&c=th?id=OIG2.PXAZdILu3WoHOoCyqRbO&w=236&c=

I must re-emphasize, this is the absolute bare-bones basics here. but if you need to spin up a belt, it might be of use :)

If anyone wants the belts above, fill your boots.

Edited by Powerful_Fox
  • Like 3

With the present gen of tech, more often than not you’ll need some level of Photoshop intervention when it comes to text.

Give it six months though and I suspect that problem goes away.

Edited by EdJames

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody are willing to drop tutorial on how to make the invisible .gif version of images, it would be much appreciated. My aim is that I want to pick and mix workers pics from the many many .png shared in this forum, but dont know how. Photoshop just locked my layers when I tried opening one default worker potrait from the game and I'm stumped already lol

Edited by InstantlyOil

On 8/7/2024 at 1:05 AM, InstantlyOil said:

If anybody are willing to drop tutorial on how to make the invisible .gif version of images, it would be much appreciated. My aim is that I want to pick and mix workers pics from the many many .png shared in this forum, but dont know how. Photoshop just locked my layers when I tried opening one default worker potrait from the game and I'm stumped already lol

Huh? Its actually pretty easy! I just didnt know the keywords to search for it few days ago 😄 English isnt my first language so something probably lost in translation.

Just prepare your image, (the image layer size of the new bordered .gif is 100x100 infront of the 150x150 canvas), then go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy). You can then just save this transparent gif as it is, altough I just like to remove the metadata.

Screenshot2024-08-08101051.jpg.4f8974a7f7f576e93793e76edb3b3ce9.jpgclarity2.gif.9310e043b15fc959af3674e6a826f77c.gifits done!

• Like 1

If anybody uses paint.net, I made a little tutorial on how to make portraits with it a while back and shared the template I use personally. It's still the same method I make portraits with today, and it's relevant to this thread so I may as well share it here too :D

(it is a straight copy paste btw)

I use a combo of Bing's free AI to generate the portraits and ChatGPT to come up with descriptors for a character's/logo's original image. I don't use ChatGPT all that much anymore tbh as I've gotten more familiar with what makes a decent result, but it was super helpful for me when I first got started.

For example:

I wanted to generate an image for Ross Henry as I had just signed him. I uploaded this image (one of his original portraits) to ChatGPT with this prompt

• "If you were to make a DALL-E prompt to generate that image, what would the prompt be? The prompt should be simple such as strong jawline, prominent brows, long face, etc. I need descriptions for their facial expression, their facial structure, their clothes, their vibe- anything in the image besides the background."

RossHenryKB2.jpg.a34f6b4261e5fae05b5ce767dcac0462.jpg

It returns with:

• "A muscular African American man with a serious, confident expression. He has a square face, strong jawline, and a neatly trimmed goatee. He is wearing purple-tinted sunglasses and a dark shirt with a purple collar, exuding a cool, authoritative, and formidable vibe."

I'll take that, make some edits to it for what I want. In this case, I also want the size of his body and his age so I'll just check in-game. He's a 33 year-old muscular big heavyweight, and I'll input that into the prompt, as well as the style, the lighting, and the background. Maybe I'll make some changes to the prompt too.

• "Digital 3d style, well-lit face looking at camera, white background. 33-year old African American male wrestler, large muscular body. Squared face, strong jawline, neatly-trimmed goatee. Wearing purple-tinted aviators. Wearing a fancy purple silk dress shirt, top three buttons undone, fancy black velvet blazer, wearing gold chain. Looking down on the camera, powerful vibe."

Then I'll input that prompt into Bing AI and it returns with multiple generations, but I'll use this one:

OIG2.thumb.jpg.393cf66c7355dd551a136426f12e6748.jpg

I'll then crop the image the down (if it even needs to be cropped, in this case it doesn't) to what I think will actually fit in a 150x150 pixel image, then I'll cut the background out of these images using https://www.remove.bg/upload and use paint.net (it's a program, not an actual website) to resize the them down so that they fit proportionally with the rest of the portraits- i.e generally same-sized head, same-ish positioned nose, eyes, ears, mouth placement. Like this :

(I didn't realize the screen recording would pick up the music I'm listening to, so I hope you like Sleep Token.)

Here's the templates I use: _Blank Background.pdnGIF Cverse Template.pdn

AND HERE'S HOW TO DO GIFS. It's basically the above method so just follow that with these extra steps.

There's probably a much simpler way of doing this, but this is my method. The values I use will change depending on the image, like something might need less or more saturation, or it might need some edits to the image itself like shopping out little graphic glitches/artifacts. In the case of this one though, everything was generally good to go.

The final result: Ross Henry

RossHenry_altai.jpg.6c51f0cd021cef7fed826716c4255b13.jpg

Edited by Heinzreich
  • Like 2

Ive tried for hours to teach myself how to make these transparent GIF images for my game and im totally lost. Anyone smarter than me could point me to a program or 2 that is fairly easy to learn so i can do thse pics myself?

Appreciate any help,

5 minutes ago, damaged12 said:

Ive tried for hours to teach myself how to make these transparent GIF images for my game and im totally lost. Anyone smarter than me could point me to a program or 2 that is fairly easy to learn so i can do thse pics myself?

Appreciate any help,

The videos I posted above ya there should help ya. I find paint.net is a little simpler to work with than GIMP, but with the right addons, it's almost as good as photoshop and it's free.

Edited by Heinzreich

38 minutes ago, Heinzreich said:

The videos I posted above ya there should help ya. I find paint.net is a little simpler to work with than GIMP, but with the right addons, it's almost as good as photoshop and it's free.

Appreciate the help.

On 8/8/2024 at 12:13 PM, Liquidius said:

Anyone got images of the recent new tag titles for raw and smackdown?

image.jpeg.d8b01a55d27c6b0bc0ca0362aa3b7067.jpeg

SmackdownTagTeam.jpg.e1d51a916fadda3ede5291650ae66971.jpg

I also created some little things that maybe you might find useful:

TITLES

NXTBreakoutMen.jpg.4283bb63e1929ebee1a35fa45166010b.jpg

NXTBreakoutWomen.jpg.8474a15250b208468532914f44c85782.jpg

ts_WWEKingOfTheRing21.jpg.013c9148b2b85e1e571e7d0b1d882170.jpg

ts_WWEQueensCrown21.jpg.b876ea5ecac3fd9c9df6649e723b9501.jpg

WWEDivaSearch.jpg.ea7640e1eb65b11865626f58d0947658.jpg

EVENTS

WWEBadBlood_alt.jpg.075fb1c5746ba2174009bd74a53a663c.jpg

WWEKingAndQueen2023.jpg.2b2e140309c5f8dee2e009ad7a167539.jpg

WWENewYearsRevolution_alt.jpg.6a5f80ac9ac444c3c54e64badf09125e.jpg

ts_NXTGreatAmericanBash2.jpg.cd2f8fb342a179a8e22a06783e3a84ea.jpg

PERFORMANCE CENTER/DOJO

WWEPCEU.jpg.604f64db1827c0d9a2af4835e2e456fa.jpg

WWEPCUSA.jpg.2ae74a4b9529170c02e682ea2acdbdc3.jpg

ALLIANCE

ts_WWEUniverse.jpg.b6ec1142af618d923364ac206b74af4c.jpg

LOGO

ts_TotalDivas2021.jpg.b7b20f996da1ec151f47f9b52953ce26.jpg

STABLE

ts_A-Team.jpg.b095ce3b67e8482df02bffde241485f0.jpg

ts_BootyClub.jpg.026624948bcea39ac08479c04f16311e.jpg

ts_TheBoys.jpg.877d405490d8862d20c61f4737e6eca3.jpg

TV SHOW

ts_WWEHalfTimeHeat.jpg.ca4f9f3759695771249154faff675bbd.jpg

ts_WWEMainEvent19.jpg.01f7471081542578d3c1b7f3b8079fa0.jpg

ts_WWESlam2021.jpg.8139d3a8b16a663393252a07af03c627.jpg

Edited by espert2
  • Like 3

What's the best way to reduce the size of a high quality AI image without completely annihilating the quality or am I shit out of luck? I want to make a pack of stable images and backdrop in the default game style with no text on them which can be used by anyone for their stables to indicate that they are in stables, but not restrict them by name. So for example use key images like the ace symbol (which could be used for a card based faction with "Kings, Queens etc" roles or for someone like "Ace" Aaron Andrews in the CV for a stable. No text, just the image represenation.

Edited by benjirino

50 minutes ago, Tjmarney said:

any tips on fixing bad AI Spelling on Logos etc?

Honestly, only viable option I've known is fixing it myself. From what I've read it's some kind of issue with compression algorithms that should be resolved in the next year or so, but that was just some random Reddit post so it could be BS.

On 8/17/2024 at 6:00 PM, benjirino said:

Honestly, only viable option I've known is fixing it myself. From what I've read it's some kind of issue with compression algorithms that should be resolved in the next year or so, but that was just some random Reddit post so it could be BS.

How do you fix it yourself? I have a lot of otherwise great logos I throw away because the textual errors ruin it.

22 minutes ago, thadian said:

How do you fix it yourself? I have a lot of otherwise great logos I throw away because the textual errors ruin it.

I tend to use GIMP, find a font I like/that matches and just go over the text that's there. It's not perfect, but it gets the job done.