TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

Please use this thread for reactions, comments, etc about the TEW IX public beta.

Please be respectful with your posts here about the various changes, new features etc to the new game. This extends to the AI generated renders used for the main picture pack of the default data.

As a reminder, if you find any errors they should be reported in the Technical Support forum, not here, or they may get missed.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AidanLFC1 said:

First thing that stands out to me, the AI pictures are phenomenally well done, fantastic work!

Yeah.. Its also strange seeing Lucy, Kate, Jack and David Avatar with actual surnames 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AidanLFC1 said:

First thing that stands out to me, the AI pictures are phenomenally well done, fantastic work!

On the contrary, I was hopeful they would be more Daz Studios like, like the render people have been doing for the past 6 months.

• Like 1

Just now, daddytorgo1 said:

Initial reaction before even choosing a promotion - AI renders are two thumbs up from me dawg.

Check out the Day 1 Update thread in the mod section for an even bigger graphical upgrade from the get go. Real focus on the female, masked and Japanese wrestlers and a much greater standardisation of front facing, studio-lit images.

• Like 1

Just now, EdJames said:

Check out the Day 1 Update thread in the mod section for an even bigger graphical upgrade from the get go. Real focus on the female, masked and Japanese wrestlers and a much greater standardisation of front facing, studio-lit images.

My god I didn't even think to look over there. Thanks for the heads up - as someone that was thinking of starting a Japan save straight off :)

I was initially wary about the use of AI for worker pictures, but these look phenomenal. Really well done and I'm surprised how accurate many of them are to the old blue background renders and how I imagined these characters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1) Renders look amazing.

2) UI is even worse? When I click a worker, am I missing something or do I have to click more for each of the skills, popularity, and news? Why in the world was that changed?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ibowen0 said:

I was initially wary about the use of AI for worker pictures, but these look phenomenal. Really well done and I'm surprised how accurate many of them are to the old blue background renders and how I imagined these characters. 

It’s been a long process! I’ve tried to keep them as true to likeness as possible, whilst also keeping them relatively neutral to allow for face-heel turns and for the alt community to go nuts! 

• Like 2