TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

I like the stable logos having a backdrop (shoutout the guy who makes the GIF pictures whos name I'm forgetting), the angle feature, 2 to 3 falls matches and elimination matches having more detail, being able to multi-pick clients for managers

I miss the number version of the worker health however and I feel some extra screens are a bit unnecessary, I don't really get the creative ideas feature

but overall the beta has been ok so far.

Edited by SuperRamenmakerOkada

Just now, EdJames said:

Easy enough to add them all, en masse, onto the blue background 😊

Do you know how exactly? i often edit them myself by cutting out the worker via a background remover and then photoshopping them, but if there's a mass add i'd love to know!

Just now, SuperRamenmakerOkada said:

I like the stable logos having a backdrop, the angle feature, 2 to 3 falls matches and elimination matches having more detail, being able to multi-pick clients for managers

I miss the number version of the worker health however and I feel some extra screens are a bit unnecessary 

but overall the beta has been ok so far.

Agreed, i feel like the big figure with the colour zones to specify body health is really unnecesary and that space could be used differently

Just now, beatingstuff88 said:

Do you know how exactly? i often edit them myself by cutting out the worker via a background remover and then photoshopping them, but if there's a mass add i'd love to know!

You can set up a batch process in Photoshop to do it for you, which is essentially like recording a macro. 

1 minute ago, EdJames said:

You can set up a batch process in Photoshop to do it for you, which is essentially like recording a macro. 

Wouldnt you still need to cut out each worker individually before you can mass edit them onto the blue background? (i am talking about jpg versions, because i know gifs work a bit differently)

1 minute ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Wouldnt you still need to cut out each worker individually before you can mass edit them onto the blue background? (i am talking about jpg versions, because i know gifs work a bit differently)

You can set up the batch to use a remove background command. Doesn’t work for 100%, but will do the bulk and you can fix the few it doesn’t by hand. 

1 minute ago, EdJames said:

You can set up the batch to use a remove background command. Doesn’t work for 100%, but will do the bulk and you can fix the few it doesn’t by hand. 

I might have to look up how to do that, could be really handy 

There's so much wasted space and bafflingly bad decisions in the UI it drives me up the wall.

Why is so much of the roster screen filled with oversized buttons, tertiary information, and empty space when the two most important pieces of information for a talent-their skills and popularity, are behind an extra click and also in separate areas?

Why do so many areas have such small text and so much empty space?

Why is 1/3rd of the skills screen filled with a massive health diagram?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the 'quick angle' screen to be the default angle screen, since most angles getting booked are going to be these basic angles?

Also I find the 'give people the night off' screen being mandatory to be an unnecessary step in booking a show. Couldn't this be retroactively figured out by running the player events before AI events, and freeing any talent on a non-exclusive contract, and if you want someone on an exclusive contract to have time off, wouldn't that be better suited to do on the roster screen before a show?

When a new version of a game comes out, the basic, fundamental actions like looking at a roster, or booking angles, should be easier, and more intuitive than the previous version, not have extra steps necessary for basic functionality.

Edited by FankuKaibutsu
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Played very little, so I can't comment on too much of the gameplay or UI stuff. I will say, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of unsigned rookie talent in the C-Verse. If you do a search for unemployed active wrestlers with a maximum of 1 year as a pro, you get 27 workers worldwide.

To put that in perspective, the same search in 2020 for workers based in Oceania alone? 25.

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, FankuKaibutsu said:

Also I find the 'give people the night off' screen being mandatory to be an unnecessary step in booking a show. Couldn't this be retroactively figured out by running the player events before AI events, and freeing any talent on a non-exclusive contract, and if you want someone on an exclusive contract to have time off, wouldn't that be better suited to do on the roster screen before a show?

It's not mandatory. Right-click on it and then it'll be skipped.

31 minutes ago, Shaman_at-Dawn said:

it's theft

Look i was in the Police for 30 years and it is not theft, its not close to theft.  AI potentially takes work away from people but it isn't stealing from them.  Every single sighted artist ever has used what they seen in the past either from other art or the real world to inform them how to create their art, it is inherently how you learn and the AI is no different.  Now you can argue that using AI is morally or ethically dubious and I won't say you are wrong because you are entitled to that opinion but it isn't theft unless the AI flat out copies someone's work exactly.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Shaman_at-Dawn said:

it's theft

Stop being so damn dramatic. Who cares... Literally who cares? Why are you making such a massive deal over this? Did you throw this type of fit when DVD was replacing VHS? Or when redbox replaced blockbuster? Or when streaming replaced rebox? Stop being so damn dramatic and realize this is a much more convenient option and most look damn good.

• Like 13

I do like that touring contracts seem to be a bit more dynamic and they're not bringing in the same handful of guys for tours. PGHW, BCG and WLW have already bought in some of my talent for tours and only Monday Next is a big name for me.

7 minutes ago, FankuKaibutsu said:

There's so much wasted space and bafflingly bad decisions in the UI it drives me up the wall.

Why is so much of the roster screen filled with oversized buttons, tertiary information, and empty space when the two most important pieces of information for a talent-their skills and popularity, are behind an extra click and also in separate areas?

Why do so many areas have such small text and so much empty space?

Why is 1/3rd of the skills screen filled with a massive health diagram?

Wouldn't it make more sense for the 'quick angle' screen to be the default angle screen, since most angles getting booked are going to be these basic angles?

When a new version of a game comes out, the basic, fundamental actions like looking at a roster, or booking angles, should be easier, and more intuitive than the previous version, not have extra steps necessary for basic functionality.

UI design mistakes were the first things that stood out to me. You have described them pretty well. The game seems to be at least as difficult as it was to navigate, I need more time to see the game,  but it was difficult not to improve the UI of TEW 2020. I think they did the impossible in that sense.

The worst thing to me (I play only C-Verse) are the AI pictures. I can't describe how bad they look to me. The dark background seems to be another bad decision. With all those reflections and dark areas there are workers that you almost can't see. Also those are the kind of AI pictures that seem very similar to real people, when a more cartoonish pictures actually works better for a game like this. That's the kind of thing that limits the power of the imagination in a game that it's all about being creative. Awful decisions.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, Bartring said:

Played very little, so I can't comment on too much of the gameplay or UI stuff. I will say, I'm a little disappointed at the lack of unsigned rookie talent in the C-Verse. If you do a search for unemployed active wrestlers with a maximum of 1 year as a pro, you get 27 workers worldwide.

To put that in perspective, the same search in 2020 for workers based in Oceania alone? 25.

I agree, this is just part of the symptom of the C-Verse not truly "growing" and being somewhat of an afterthought to the modding scene, which I do kind of understand.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Shaman_at-Dawn said:

So what you're saying is a cop doesn't understand theft of this nature? cool

No you don't understand what the word means.  You are using a word that has a different meaning to what you are using it for.  It would be like saying punching someone is manslaughter, when its only manslaughter if that person then dies.  Theft is literally taking something with the intention of depriving the owner of its use, even if you are asserting that AI has straight out copied someone's work it wouldn't be theft it would be plagiarism or forgery or some other similar term.  The difference being there is no depriving the original owner of its use or even the intention to do so.  Like I said I have no problem with you thinking it is morally or ethically wrong to use AI but the word you are using is totally incorrect for what you are using it for

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

A minor thing, but I wish having a name postfix worked better with Multi-Day Events that all share the same name, since you can't create two events called WWE WrestleMania, you have to make WWE WrestleMania Night 1 and WWE WrestleMania Night 2, but then you can't have the XLI postfix, because it puts it after the Night 1/Night 2. I guess WrestleMania won't be numbered anymore lol 

22 minutes ago, newbiezness said:

UI design mistakes were the first things that stood out to me. You have described them pretty well. The game seems to be at least as difficult as it was to navigate, I need more time to see the game,  but it was difficult not to improve the UI of TEW 2020. I think they did the impossible in that sense.

The worst thing to me (I play only C-Verse) are the AI pictures. I can't describe how bad they look to me. The dark background seems to be another bad decision. With all those reflections and dark areas there are workers that you almost can't see. Also those are the kind of AI pictures that seem very similar to real people, when a more cartoonish pictures actually works better for a game like this. That's the kind of thing that limits the power of the imagination in a game that it's all about being creative. Awful decisions.

It's like they put all their effort into making it superficially prettier and none at all into things that fans of the game might actually like.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

No you don't understand what the word means.  You are using a word that has a different meaning to what you are using it for.  It would be like saying punching someone is manslaughter, when its only manslaughter if that person then dies.  Theft is literally taking something with the intention of depriving the owner of its use, even if you are asserting that AI has straight out copied someone's work it wouldn't be theft it would be plagiarism or forgery or some other similar term.  The difference being there is no depriving the original owner of its use or even the intention to do so.  Like I said I have no problem with you thinking it is morally or ethically wrong to use AI but the word you are using is totally incorrect for what you are using it for

No amount of logic or reason will make the clown see reason. They want to cry just to cry without realizing Adam literally wouldn't have paid some "artist" thousands of dollars to do thousands of pictures anyway. Adam did it free like any smart man would. No sane person would pay someone to do a realistic image which wouldn't even work anyway since it would be hand made.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3