TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

My nit pick is i really like that Finishing Moves now have discriptions.

But i wish this description can be seen somewhere in the wrestlers profile in game. And in database i would like to see this desription when i'm watching move set so i don't have to jump from on section of database to another.

8 hours ago, EdJames said:

The good news is, in only 24 hours, people have managed to get similar results from Bing :)

I still think it's really inconsistent and needs a lot of tries, that and it's kinda hard to the characters to not look very samey facial features wise unlike midjourney.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, DestinedToBreakIn said:

It won't allow me to install the trial. It keeps saying the following...

"The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Any ideas???

I would raise this in the technical support part of the forum there may already be a thread

1 hour ago, hollywoodshinebox said:

I still think it's really inconsistent and needs a lot of tries, that and it's kinda hard to the characters to not look very samey facial features wise unlike midjourney.

Yeah, I think the other slight issue with Bing is it seems to only real do extremes. People are either really ugly or super-model hot and nothing in between. That of course depends on where you sit on realism, but it feels odd to me using a render of a guy who is supposed to be average looking and his render looks like a Hollywood movie star. 

On the upside, a Midjourney subscription is significantly cheaper render-for-render than downloading Daz assets.

1 hour ago, DestinedToBreakIn said:

"The cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Any ideas???

I'm having the same issue?

Any resolve?

5 minutes ago, ViperVenom said:

I'm having the same issue?

Any resolve?

You'll need to mention it in the tech support thread. Adam will be monitoring that closely I expect and you'll get a response from there.

8 hours ago, Atticus said:

This pretty much exactly why I prefer this new angle system more. I do get why some people think it is overwhelming or cumbersome, but I hated doing premade angles, so I'd always freestyle them and then I'd just get so lazy with them because they were really game-y. Makes the game feel a lot more alive imo with being able to do different parts and people having actual roles in these now. Now I can have Triple H cut a 40 minute promo on Kane in part 1, copy over part 1, change it to Kane attacking Triple H and boom, I'm onto the next thing. Like you said, I think it's a thing where people are gonna need a lot more time and reps to get into the flow of it.

I too disliked the gamey nature of the previous system. Some people prefer that because they're all about understanding the nuts and bolts, aiming for efficiency and getting the best outcome possible. Me, I had to deal with the FOMO of having a worker rated on what I assumed they were actually doing, instead of what would give them the best rating. I'd rather not fully know what goes under the hood, half the joy for me lies in noticing the subtle things and correcting the course not on hard data, but more of a vibe check.

Also, your copy-paste example reminds me of a nice "get the reps in" example I noticed in my saves: There's a bit in the angle creator where you click to set participating workers and what they're rated on. That's an extra window popping on and off, plus a lot more clicks. Once I was familiar with my roster though, I started adding them directly from the drop down menu at the bottom, just pick a name and what they're doing, boom.

7 hours ago, donv86 said:

What determines how the 'traits' show up?
For Punk, why is the 'Babyface Attribute Found' if it then says right under that he's Better As A Heel?

I feel this isn't as complicated as we like to assume. Noticing Punk there has both Amazing Face and Amazing Heel (something I don't think happens in the default CVerse, no one has both) so my guess is the way the game works, it just picked up "Amazing Face" first because it's higher up on the list and gave him the big green YAY icon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DestinedToBreakIn said:

Any ideas???

For anyone having this issue, please see this thread.

Had so much fun yesterday tinkering and playing about with various stuff. Just want to shout out to everyone involved in making it because this is a phenomenal addition to the franchise and I don't think there's any change I actually dislike (the death of OLLIE aside, but that's a C-Verse decision, not a game one 😝). It's all been implemented very well. Looking forward to the full release and seeing what other mods get dropped.

• Like 3

In the spillover sub menu of the game world section, it is mentioned that ultra spillover only applies in the USA, Mexico and Japan.  This seems reasonable enough, as they're the primary mechas for the big 3 wrestling cultures (sports entertainment, lucha libre, puroresu).  The other areas get super spillover... except for India and Oceania?  I know they're relatively isolated, but still I would've thought that spillover would realistically apply as someone who makes it huge anywhere would generate some buzz on the internet.

The super level ensures that they would still stay relatively underground outside of their home (maximum of 26% spillover), so I believe it should apply to India and Oceania also.

Edited by overthetop2
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Astil said:

Are these not the equivalent of premade angles?

image.png.65277d436c46322bab6f7fecb9b6d9f6.png 

I think if this page was first (with a few more options) with a button to enter the custom angle interface, it would satisfy those people hindered by the change but honestly once I got used to this system it is far superior in my opinion. Maybe a toggle option in the settings?

Edited by FlightlessGypsy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, EdJames said:

Yeah, I think the other slight issue with Bing is it seems to only real do extremes. People are either really ugly or super-model hot and nothing in between. That of course depends on where you sit on realism, but it feels odd to me using a render of a guy who is supposed to be average looking and his render looks like a Hollywood movie star. 

On the upside, a Midjourney subscription is significantly cheaper render-for-render than downloading Daz assets.

A reason why I try to only do good looking guys for now.

It would be ideal if the keyboard shortcuts were extended. ESC or backspace to close the top most window would be a huge QOL change. Looks like I'll have to make a AHK script again like I did for TEW2020.

• Like 3

I like the new stuff and all but ultimately I think I'll skip this one because of the lack of a good pre-booking calendar menu.

Love everything new but this is a deal breaker for me and it's something I've been asking for since TEW 2016.

5 hours ago, Slim Jim said:

This is the main reason that will stop me buying it - I know I could change the resolution of my display but I'm just not going to do that every time I want to play it.

No need to change the computer's resolution. Try this, it allows you to change a specific program's resolution. Tried it a couple of times and looks like it works great.

• Like 1

I'm the only seeing that the angles ratings are constanly lower? I mean not mine (I can be a thug) but in the simulated companies. As example in the SWF 50th anniversary the best matches are 82s but the best angle is a 73. I can see that it can be a consecuence of the game system or the database, but even SWF, 21CW or USPW are having problems to have succesful angles.

Is it just me?

Edited by Keyser2.0
  • Like 1

This is probably not the place for it, but with the CVerse not really having moved forward too much see for future releases would it maybe be best calling this the last CVerse?

You could release future games with CV77, 97, 05 and 20 as the default databases then it gives more options for players on release day with four separate time periods and also not having to use time on the CVerse updates other than for being compatible with the new game.

Edited by JMaestro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyser2.0 said:

I'm the only seeing that the angles ratings are constanly lower? I mean not mine (I can be a thug) but in the simulated companies. As example in the SWF 50th anniversary the best matches are 82s but the best angle is a 73. I can see that it can be a consecuence of the game system or the database, but even SWF, 21CW or USPW are having problems to have succesful angles.

Is it just me?

I think it is just you. I have multiple angles in the 90s in the first month of my SWF save and pulled a 91 overall in the 50th Birthday show. That's substantially higher than I generally did early in a 20 save.

There is a heck of a learning curve, and checking out the manual entry on what the ratings are helps, but good ratings are absolutely possible.

Played around a little more and I do love that the game feels a lot more alive. The inner circle and booking team aspect is going to lead to a lot of interesting narratives. My big issue with 2020 was that rhe backstage just felt dead sometimes so I'm kind of glad we'll have a couple more conflicts to book around.

I will say, I'm not really bothered by the extra clicking at all. I think the layout feels a lot smoother in general and it's really just needing time to get used to it. I think some who are having qualms about the extra clicking just try and give it more time and the more you get used to it will give a better feel with playing the game I think. 

I will kind of reserve my CVerse stuff now because I have came to kind of realize CVerse is a very much canvas for people to make creative things out of it. Yeah I'm not happy with the advancement in two years but I do think as people create expansion packs and what not, I can just edit the world and create my own vision of what I wanted it to be. 

• Like 2