TEW IX Public Beta Release Reaction Thread

7 hours ago, eriatarka said:

this is definitely a bit disappointing as this was my number one hope for the update. in vanilla 2020 I always felt it was a herculean task to grow women's wrestling, whether by starting a new fed or working with one of the default ones, and the 2022 Cverse seems like a regression or at least a stagnation. I totally get that such a massive backlog of lore can make worldbuilding at the Cverse scale a daunting task, but it's still a missed opportunity for a fantasy universe to be so much more vanilla and quaint than the real world in such an obvious key aspect like this

True - definitely take a look at willr0ck's Womens Revolution mod and maybe the Rockverse stuff too if you want to bring in some extra female talent and or feds.

With C Verse there is a dearth of female talent and those mods actually add a lot.  

I expect WillyWillyWilly's mod will end up being women heavy too when it drops.

2 hours ago, Markw said:

I don't think that's something that's ever going to be possible with this version of the game, your best bet is probably to have a play around with your display resolution while you play the beta and see if that can make things a bit easier for you.

That's unfortunately not working. Cause either it just gets smaller, or the game window won't be displayed completely and so it's unplayable (also in full screen mode). Other games do it quite good (Victoria 3 for example), so I thought maybe it's a possibility here too.

I'm sure this has been brought up already, but while there's a lot of welcome additions here (having a set venue for TV shows, the tweaks to the narrative feature, the new angle generator is very good although there are still parts that aren't very clear) I do not like the new height and weight stats, or specific dates for births, debuts, contracts beginning, etc. For one thing, getting them correct with ported stats DBs is going to take absolutely forever, but for another, I don't think they actually add anything, they're just even more numbers. The old weight classifications and dates were fine, this just overcomplicates stuff.

Edited by eilrahc
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I know others have mentioned already but for me the thing most noticeable is the volume of incidents and issues each day.

Trying with SNP and by the end of the three month test window I expect everyone to have quit or killed each other given moral is constantly being worsened by new negative relations and this seems to spiral i.e. poor backstage and negative influences in the locker room leads to more negative incidence which in turn worsens the backstage etc

I started at Poor, hit very poor a couple of weeks in and after the second months event now at abysmal (note I am running a weekly TV show too else would have only been two events).

Shows are improving (albeit impacted by this negative spiral)

Essentially it seems impossible to recover from this loop of negativity.

I suspect this is more pronounced for small companies especially like SNP where a fair number of negative influences work.

However no incidence so far relate to Carnie being his usual scumbag.

News each pause is also full of fights and negative incidence at other companies around the world so I suspect this is impacting all companies far too much.

Personally I think you could dial this back to 1/4 of the current frequency to make them a) more meaningful to the player (i.e. storyline adaption), b) more fun and manageable to try and resolve said issues, c) prevent companies crashing very quickly in game due to tanked backstage moral.

Note relationships set to low already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astil said:

Scrums were  least anticipated feature but seeing how reactive they are it really is a huge add.

For me it was one of the top anticipated, lived up to the hype too :)

On 7/29/2024 at 7:30 PM, CGN91 said:

Is there an option to switch to the metric system? Sorry my fellow americans.. :D 

haven't seen it yet. but i hope there will be an option!
we need to fight for it! 😊

Quick question:

To everyone who's said "I like the new worker screen because having all that important, useful information like popularity and skills was too overwhelming": Would it be better for you if the skill and popularity information was presented as letter grades instead of specific numbers?

Anyone else remember that? We used to could have letter grades if we didn't care to differentiate between two characters with a 62.5 and a 63.3 high flying stat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Astil said:

Isnt it a toggleable feature?

You have to create an Era, which, ok, isn't that big a deal, but still feels like going around your ass to get to your elbow, but my problem is not that I find the feature completely worthless, it's that I think it needs to be tinkered with a bit to work more realistically.

US -> rest of the world spillover seems to work quite realistically, but Japan & Mexico -> rest of the world spillover doesn't to me. So, if that could be patched, that would be great. Then again I can accept that if everybody else is fine with it, I'll just have have to create a "No Spillover" era for my game and shut up about it.

Most mods will have (or at least should have!) an era by default so you just need to use the in game editor to bump it down (along with any of the various other settings). 

53 minutes ago, MisterSocko said:

You have to create an Era, which, ok, isn't that big a deal, but still feels like going around your ass to get to your elbow, but my problem is not that I find the feature completely worthless, it's that I think it needs to be tinkered with a bit to work more realistically.

US -> rest of the world spillover seems to work quite realistically, but Japan & Mexico -> rest of the world spillover doesn't to me. So, if that could be patched, that would be great. Then again I can accept that if everybody else is fine with it, I'll just have have to create a "No Spillover" era for my game and shut up about it.

A No spillover era in the 80s and 90s, and then increasing with the advent of the Internet seems like the proper way to go about it

2 hours ago, eilrahc said:

I'm sure this has been brought up already, but while there's a lot of welcome additions here (having a set venue for TV shows, the tweaks to the narrative feature, the new angle generator is very good although there are still parts that aren't very clear) I do not like the new height and weight stats, or specific dates for births, debuts, contracts beginning, etc. For one thing, getting them correct with ported stats DBs is going to take absolutely forever, but for another, I don't think they actually add anything, they're just even more numbers. The old weight classifications and dates were fine, this just overcomplicates stuff.

It took me 2 hours to correct all the default data in the alt cverse mod. Most of that was learning the external editor. I bet if asked to do it again it'd take 30-45 minutes. It's not much of an issue unless I misunderstand what you mean by "ported stats DB"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smw88 said:

I know others have mentioned already but for me the thing most noticeable is the volume of incidents and issues each day.

Trying with SNP and by the end of the three month test window I expect everyone to have quit or killed each other given moral is constantly being worsened by new negative relations and this seems to spiral i.e. poor backstage and negative influences in the locker room leads to more negative incidence which in turn worsens the backstage etc

I started at Poor, hit very poor a couple of weeks in and after the second months event now at abysmal (note I am running a weekly TV show too else would have only been two events).

I suspect this is more pronounced for small companies especially like SNP where a fair number of negative influences work.

News each pause is also full of fights and negative incidence at other companies around the world so I suspect this is impacting all companies far too much.

Personally I think you could dial this back to 1/4 of the current frequency to make them a) more meaningful to the player (i.e. storyline adaption), b) more fun and manageable to try and resolve said issues, c) prevent companies crashing very quickly in game due to tanked backstage moral.

Today’s patch mentions lowering backstage fights so it might be sorted for you now. 

• Like 1

I've loved this series for so long---from Extreme Warfare Deluxe, to trying to find a way to keep a young Florida prospect named Wolf Hawkins on his debut (and failing every time), having my eyes on youngsters like Matthew Keith and KC Glenn for a TCW roster build on the next drop (edit it may have been 14 meh), and now, wondering why Surfer Dude Lucas is unemployed... so, here's my take; most of this C-Verse specific...

I love these renders.  The only ones I've changed were Aldous Blackfriar (I feel he's a little too thick weight wise and not tall enough for the thin neck the character has so I use the CIVP guy who looks like jacked Mr Robot with the hood...) and Surfer Dude Lucas (there's a more smiley version with puka shells, that's my Luke Pope).  Every other one is pretty much dead t-f on... Really liking Mutant as well as the Keith brothers, and almost all luchador looks.  El Serpiente looks way better with these renders.   

I love the fact good workers got signed up by CWA (Joffy Laine in particular---criminally underrated imo, I've taken companies from Tiny to Medium and beyond basically riding his talents).  Mr. Lucha III, Extraordinario Jr, La Estrella being off the market is good too; they were kind of a cheat imo, way too good to be available to anyone other than a major, major, promotion.  Sad OLLIE is gone, but eh.

I got a laugh out of the fact that I started my own "Money Mark" promotion and hired a bunch of veterans with decent US Popularity (Death Row, The Dirty White Boys, The Samoan Pitbulls, Frederique, you get the jist...) and almost half of them got written offers from USPW after I put them on TV once.  So, apparently, The Pines is building new housing?  [the old gettting much older out of the gate].  

Creative Team and booking energy is great, I am using Phonse Lockett, so at the end of the demo I've managed to generate a whopping 17 creative energy per meeting... with the right hires and using the right Inner Circle, you can definitely have a deep pocket of Creative Ideas if you utilize this feature, which is nice, adding some spice to the game instead of just filing in stuff like "Tainted Victory/Distraction Finish" (though the idea's just being "ideas" and not specifics isn't totally ideal, it's a nice improvement).  

Also, it's nice to see that CWA has become a major player.  I like to run long sims (not a diary person) and in 2020, I saw that company collapse about 7 out of every 10 times within 3-5 years; which always bugged me because you'd have really talented workers unemployed for 2-3 years at a time.  I'm sure there'll be a similar situation that pops up, eventually, in IX like that, but I like to see CWA still together.  That whole "Up North" angle to the game, with Canada retaining a distinct and strong independent industry, is something I always liked about the C-Verse.

APW growing strong as a second option to RAW is nice; there's a lot of talent to develop in Australia, especially brawlers.  I love some brawlers.  As someone who used to love to play as Halloween Knight, it was a bit sad to see that Damian Dastardly finally moved onto RAW, but he should be exceptional there and I hope TEW X has he and Nicky Gilbert as their future lead feud, because I've ran that in an APW take over sim and it got world-class hot.

I do wish someone would've taken the reigns in EU; but that is really hard to do.  I've tried running VWA before, but it's an uphill battle to surpass EWA and build a budget to pay Landon Mallory and Walker van Cleer while growing a solid rotation of other contenders.  Mallory going to 21CW was inevitable, but I was hoping someone had taken a step forward; instead van Cleer apparently broke his leg and Mallory skipped town.  Good to see The Bern Boys developed in the ring, ESP Fabian.  They were way too green before and in my sims with VWA, I had to bring them along and it cut down on, imo, my tag divisions impact.  Brecher & Grimm being in India is neat, but man, they're one hell of a tag team to use as your midcard backbone.  Europe, I guess, will always be less-than-unified, and a breeding ground for 21CW to find non-bald guys, I guess (edit: all jokes aside, it was nice to see young UK talent that doesn't look like it was curated by Incas and grown underground, and supplied the Irish with sustenance for a few hundred years)... but it's neat to see that the potential has only continued and a lot of young talented workers have me wishing I set my money-mark company at Medium so I could bring them over for some jobs.

Oh, Cory Underwood.

Overall, nice job.  The game is enjoyable, as I don't feel the gameplay has changed much, just adding a few more things that make it feel more expansive, and I like where the C-Verse has gone.  9/10, would again.

Edited by elmiticomark
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tmgaming said:

Hi guys, how easy is it to switch from AI pictures to regular pictures? Do I need to go through them one by one or is there an easier option? 

Download the CV blue Database and Pictures from here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astil said:

It took me 2 hours to correct all the default data in the alt cverse mod. Most of that was learning the external editor. I bet if asked to do it again it'd take 30-45 minutes. It's not much of an issue unless I misunderstand what you mean by "ported stats DB"

Yeah, it's relatively minor and I understand why it's been done, but as I said, it just feels like it's overcomplicating things and fixing something that I don't think really needed fixing. Especially stuff like the maximum and minimum weights for each wrestlers now being a specific number, I always felt that the list of weight classifications worked fine.

I cannot understate how appreciative I am that now when booking a battle royale, the workers are removed from the roster list when you add them to the match. It makes it so much simpler to visualize who I have in the match and have left out.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, smw88 said:

my very first run on a save had this issue... almost exactly how you stated (Shady K started an argument with Mutant and it led to everyone hating everyone, even Sweet Tabitha Lichfield was getting shouted at every card for simply being there)... so I kept running team building exercises.  

question for developer: can we start companies where all the fights happen in the locker room and are for real?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was looking at OJ Houston on the GSW roster and realized I couldn't tell from the image if she's black or white; that's when I looked up and realized the game just says "American" instead of "Black American". I honestly don't care to judge GDS and Adam on their intentions, I looked at myself and honestly asked what does it matter anyway. She could be either. She could mixed race. Where would one draw the line? Does a line even need to be drawn? Isn't race a social construct?

Don't want to get all political here and start a flame war, at the end of the day it's a game featuring made up characters. I care about things that actually affect the game, like their skills and attributes.

That info is "hidden" in the Personal Details tab now.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, jtnlange said:

What happened to the FLASH MOB?

Trevor L.

If you’re talking about the stable based in India, I believe that part of an extended CV 2020 mod. 

Idk if it was already brought up but having to decide who gets the night off before you get to the booking screen is the first thing I have noticed that should be changed. At least be able to put your card together and then you can see who gets the night off. Or maybe I'm missing something and you can do that already?

• Like 2