Thread for typos and other minor errors

To avoid filling up the forum unnecessarily, please use this thread to report typos and other small mistakes (either in the game itself or the default data).

IMPORTANT Please note that to keep the thread organised, posts will be removed once addressed. The updated CornellVerse can be found in the Resources thread in the main TEW IX forum, along with a change log. Typos within the game are included in each patch.

• Adam Ryland changed the title to Owner Goal typo/miscalculation [fixed in next patch]
  • Kingster changed the title to Alliance loan with worker who is leaving
  • 3 weeks later...

You read the title. Not sure if this is a bug, or if it was intentional, but my head women's trainer trained both the men and the women on my roster that needed to be trained, and my men's trainer didn't do anything at all. I've got intergender wrestling turned on, so I imagine that's probably why (since it says "Men's Division" and "Women's Division" respectively), in which case there should probably be something on the screen for the trainer roles, saying that if you've got an intergender roster then you only need 1 trainer, because finding this out the hard way & going through the roster to assign 2 full-time trainers, only to discover you only need the 1, is kind of a pain. A mild inconvenience, yes, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Edited by Spoons

Just a minor thing, seems like nobody's hiring any workers under 18 unless it's a contract extension for someone that already works for them. 99 times out of 100, that's not important at all, but in cases like Brodie Lee Jr., or Nick Wayne, or anyone who starts in the business under 18, them not getting hired until they turn 18 is kind of a major setback in their career. There are no hiring rules or booker hiring preferences that make this impossible. In fact, just to test it, I made a company that hires nobody under 17, and they've hired 0 wrestlers, despite there being several in the game that perfectly fit within their hiring rules. Maybe it's because they're insignificant size, so they wouldn't throw off the in-game balance, but no other companies have hired them either. 

Patch 1.19

I have WWE Performance Center as a company (the intention is to use it as a lower tier of NXT), it has a Weekly show with Tour Intent on a Friday and a Saturday. 

The Company is Insignificant with 0 popularity.

I've set both events Insignificant Geo Tag to Florida, there are only 2 venues with the Geo Tag of Florida - Full Sail University (500 Capacity and a Hotbed) and WWE Performance Center (300 Capacity and a Hotbed, owned by the company WWE Performance Center).

They are running their events on a Friday and Saturday as intended, but are totally ignoring the Geo Tag and just running the show in the South East area not using either venue.

No other events are being held on these days.

Edited by Jason Phoenix

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

Just a minor thing, seems like nobody's hiring any workers under 18 unless it's a contract extension for someone that already works for them. 99 times out of 100, that's not important at all, but in cases like Brodie Lee Jr., or Nick Wayne, or anyone who starts in the business under 18, them not getting hired until they turn 18 is kind of a major setback in their career.

That's as intended - the AI won't hire minors. I'll alter it to allow 16 year old to allow for your examples.

1 hour ago, Jason Phoenix said:

Patch 1.19

I have WWE Performance Center as a company (the intention is to use it as a lower tier of NXT), it has a Weekly show with Tour Intent on a Friday and a Saturday. 

The Company is Insignificant with 0 popularity.

I've set both events Insignificant Geo Tag to Florida, there are only 2 venues with the Geo Tag of Florida - Full Sail University (500 Capacity and a Hotbed) and WWE Performance Center (300 Capacity and a Hotbed, owned by the company WWE Performance Center).

They are running their events on a Friday and Saturday as intended, but are totally ignoring the Geo Tag and just running the show in the South East area not using either venue.

No other events are being held on these days.

That would be because those two venues are not valid - if a company is pulling less than 150 people, which with a company with 0 popularity would be the case, they won't consider using a venue that holds more than 200. Geo tags act as a restriction (i.e. they filter out places that aren't eligible), they do not make things more attractive. In your scenario they don't have any valid places to go and so are correctly using a generic region.

1 hour ago, Adam Ryland said:

That would be because those two venues are not valid - if a company is pulling less than 150 people, which with a company with 0 popularity would be the case, they won't consider using a venue that holds more than 200. Geo tags act as a restriction (i.e. they filter out places that aren't eligible), they do not make things more attractive. In your scenario they don't have any valid places to go and so are correctly using a generic region.

That's unfortunate, but thank you for the reply. If I fix a venue rather than using the Geo Tag system, will it stick to that?

7 hours ago, Adam Ryland said:

That's as intended - the AI won't hire minors. I'll alter it to allow 16 year old to allow for your examples.

Good to know, thanks! I was trying to recreate the promotions from the Wrestling With Wregret "Promotions Graveyard" playlist, got to NWF, a child wrestling promotion, thought "Huh, that's an odd concept" and then realized they weren't hiring anyone, hence why I then did the testing. That'd be why. 

Edited by Spoons

A couple of filter options in the editor that might have been omitted that could be useful, firstly a filter for unassigned moves, there is a mass delete for all unassigned moves, but no way to see which moves are unassigned. And secondly worker names, there is not an option to filter for masked names, every other option is filterable except between regular and masked names, this one seems more like an omission since if you filter by any of the other options excluding type and celebrity, masked names are not included in the results.

EDIT

Would it be possible to have a mass add/mass removal of regions for worker names?

Edited by TheWho87

11 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

And secondly worker names, there is not an option to filter for masked names

It's the fifth option down in the search's Type box, under Surname; "Masked Name". Make sure you are using the latest patch, this was only added fairly recently.