Just now, The Superman 3 of People said:

Fill it out with a bunch of RIPW guys, too, so the battle royale celebrates the past, present, and future of the company.

That is exactly what I was thinking! It will probably get a terrible rating, but I don't care lol

2 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Honestly, an all RIPW Battle Royale For the Future of Wrestling that resulted in the winner being brought on to the main roster would slap for the anniversary show.

I like doing that at Supreme Challenge, but that's a good idea.

39 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Honestly, an all RIPW Battle Royale For the Future of Wrestling that resulted in the winner being brought on to the main roster would slap for the anniversary show.

That’s a good idea fro sure.

• Like 2

Who is giving the best matches on your saves?

My best match so far is Remo over Hollywood Brett Starr on TV with a 90 followed by Des over Rocky for the Heavyweight title at the 50th Anniversary with an 89 and Rocky over Brandon James getting an 88 at Nothing to Lose.

• Like 1

I am still new to CornellVerse, but I am trying to get my feet wet with SWF. I've always been a sucker for WCW's Cruiserweight Division and TNA's X-Division. Does anyone plan to resurrect the Shooting Star Championship? There are quite a few workers who would fill out the division, but since the game said the title floundered, I was just curious what you've done or will do.

40 minutes ago, daileyxplanet said:

I am still new to CornellVerse, but I am trying to get my feet wet with SWF. I've always been a sucker for WCW's Cruiserweight Division and TNA's X-Division. Does anyone plan to resurrect the Shooting Star Championship? There are quite a few workers who would fill out the division, but since the game said the title floundered, I was just curious what you've done or will do.

I did in my save, but I also changed product to Ruthless Aggression. For me it has been going well. The only problem is that most of SWF's workers who can handle steal the show or high spot matched are too high up the card to care about Shooting Star.

• Thanks 1

The Crippler / Lobster Warrior retired and before he did he had one last run as Lobster according to his profile, he didn’t manage to win the top title.

Kurt Laramee had to retire through injury

Big Smack Scott retired but can do colour commentary

Bart Biggins is on the independents

American Machine is on the independents 

I probably missed others from 2020…

I'm pushing a few unusual people this save that I don't normally. Chill is getting a decent push, i put him with Eric Eisen as manager, with Eric using his position of influence to get Chill into opportunities he shouldn't get. He sees Chill as someone he can mold into his instrument of destruction. All in all its actually working out. Eric does the talking, Chill takes care of business in the ring. Currently I have them feuding with Jungle Lord to build up some momentum and overness. Match ratings are ok for their level so i'll take it. Who knows, maybe Chill becomes world champ one day??

I am also reeeaaallly pushing Garry the Entertainer. He's on my next big thing list, and Atom Smasher has offered to put him over in 3 matches! I actually had Chill suffer one loss so far to Garry to put him into the 50 overness range, currently Atom Smasher is sitting at 63 overness. He's also in decline and just lost the Tag Titles to Faith and Old Glory. With Bekowski about to go onto a SWF Title feud (he's in a number 1 contender match with Joey Morgan), I think Smasher is going to do the honours and potentially build my next figurehead! Garry's attributes are insane already. Such a good entertainer (guess its in the name ha) and he has solid fundamentals and room to grow in the future. Think he could be the biggest star in my game in 2 years time.

29 minutes ago, Woodsmeister said:

The Crippler / Lobster Warrior retired and before he did he had one last run as Lobster according to his profile, he didn’t manage to win the top title.

Kurt Laramee had to retire through injury

Big Smack Scott retired but can do colour commentary

Bart Biggins is on the independents

American Machine is on the independents 

I probably missed others from 2020…

BJ O'Neill from the Unleashed Awesomeness was fired due to the company having too many female managers

Emma Chase left the business to start a family

Robbie Retro left for CWA

I think that covers all of the moves that happened for the SWF roster.

Thinking of starting an SWF save, but I want a little twist. I'm saying that the SWF board don't like the Eisen booking, and they want to bring in someone from the outside as head booker. Who would they bring in? I was thinking Vibert since he was the had booker for CGC, which was a similar product. Any other good options that would somewhat make sense? I guess promoting Wilson Carlisle would be another option that makes sense.

Edited by StatboyVT

19 minutes ago, StatboyVT said:

Thinking of starting an SWF save, but I want a little twist. I'm saying that the SWF board don't like the Eisen booking, and they want to bring in someone from the outside as head booker. Who would they bring in? I was thinking Vibert since he was the had booker for CGC, which was a similar product. Any other good options that would somewhat make sense? I guess promoting Wilson Carlisle would be another option that makes sense.

I went with Pablo Rodriguez, but that's just because I like him.

Vibert, Rip Chord or Victoria Stone-McFly make the most sense in terms of booking reputation, although you'd have to use the editor for Chord or Stone-McFly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StatboyVT said:

Enforcer Roberts comes across as a good choice in that situation because he's been with the SWF forever, is a very trusted soldier for the entire family, and would probably do a few things different then the Eisens because he does have a different background and a different style as a whole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StatboyVT said:

I have a weird obsession with making Eric a decent human being and always have him somehow take over SWF.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Have got so into my SWF save that it has been worth changing my screen resolution before opening the game each time...

I don't see Des Davids as a top guy so I ended his feud with Rocky Golden at the first PPV and transitioned into Rocky vs Remo. Remo is the star of Eric Eisen's new stable, which also has a newly heel Ranger, Brandon James, and Charlie Thatcher. At some point that stable will probably compete for all three titles, unless my new Rat Pack really take off.

Elsewhere, I brought in Pablo Rodriguez for my booking team and he also agreed to come out of retirement so I set him up with a stable too. Rogue and John Greed as a tag team, and Hellion as the star in the making. Unfortunately, it just didn't click but I had also brought in Skull DeBones as a manager so I had him seize control of the group and add Scythe (managed by The Guru) and Hell's Bouncer and Son of Vengeance, kicking Rodriguez and Hellion out. They're now a major part of my show, with Scythe added to the Rocky/Remo feud, and Rogue/Greed the new tag champions. Scythe technically finishing off his feud with Valiant still too, and Rogue/Greed feuding with the team of Angry Gilmore and a one-more-run Sean McFly.

Jack Bruce also agreed to come out of retirement, but I have been using him more as a personality/host so far, getting more and more involved in the Rocky/Remo feud. My last show (the penultimate show before the March PPV) he finally got physical when he saved Rocky from a beatdown by Remo/Scythe. The Main Event for that PPV is now Rocky/Bruce vs Remo/Scythe. I need a little longer to build Scythe (currently 81 pop) to dethrone Rocky.

Steven Parker and Mainstream Hernandez have awful chemistry as a tag team so I ended their stable, leaving Hernandez in his tag with DeSousa. I had also kicked Justin Sensitive out of The Rat Pack, so moved Parker into that group as a replacement. Spade and Trescarde have chemistry with Dulce Moreno as manager, Parker and Huntingdon have chemistry with Kristen Pearce as manager, so it's all coming together for them. Spade is lining up for a Main Event run, so will probably move Parker up to the North American scene, and probably have that group take the space of Eisen's stable and have Remo / Ranger break away from EE, leaving him as a manager of James/Thatcher as a midcard gatekeeping tag team.

Brought Kurt Laramee back as a manager for Des Davids, adding Eddie Howard and Whole Lotta Marvin. I think I might have too many heel stables. Unleashed Awesomeness are nearing an end at least, with Randy currently feuding with ZWB to setup their reunion, which will lead into a feud with The Awesomeness.

Edited by Slim Jim
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slim Jim said:

Have got so into my SWF save that it has been worth changing my screen resolution before opening the game each time...

I don't see Des Davids as a top guy so I ended his feud with Rocky Golden at the first PPV and transitioned into Rocky vs Remo. Remo is the star of Eric Eisen's new stable, which also has a newly heel Ranger, Brandon James, and Charlie Thatcher. At some point that stable will probably compete for all three titles, unless my new Rat Pack really take off.

Elsewhere, I brought in Pablo Rodriguez for my booking team and he also agreed to come out of retirement so I set him up with a stable too. Rogue and John Greed as a tag team, and Hellion as the star in the making. Unfortunately, it just didn't click but I had also brought in Skull DeBones as a manager so I had him seize control of the group and add Scythe (managed by The Guru) and Hell's Bouncer and Son of Vengeance, kicking Rodriguez and Hellion out. They're now a major part of my show, with Scythe added to the Rocky/Remo feud, and Rogue/Greed the new tag champions. Scythe technically finishing off his feud with Valiant still too, and Rogue/Greed feuding with the team of Angry Gilmore and a one-more-run Sean McFly.

Jack Bruce also agreed to come out of retirement, but I have been using him more as a personality/host so far, getting more and more involved in the Rocky/Remo feud. My last show (the penultimate show before the March PPV) he finally got physical when he saved Rocky from a beatdown by Remo/Scythe. The Main Event for that PPV is now Rocky/Bruce vs Remo/Scythe. I need a little longer to build Scythe (currently 81 pop) to dethrone Rocky.

Steven Parker and Mainstream Hernandez have awful chemistry as a tag team so I ended their stable, leaving Hernandez in his tag with DeSousa. I had also kicked Justin Sensitive out of The Rat Pack, so moved Parker into that group as a replacement. Spade and Trescarde have chemistry with Dulce Moreno as manager, Parker and Huntingdon have chemistry with Kristen Pearce as manager, so it's all coming together for them. Spade is lining up for a Main Event run, so will probably move Parker up to the North American scene, and probably have that group take the space of Eisen's stable and have Remo / Ranger break away from EE, leaving him as a manager of James/Thatcher as a midcard gatekeeping tag team.

Brought Kurt Laramee back as a manager for Des Davids, adding Eddie Howard and Whole Lotta Marvin. I think I might have too many heel stables. Unleashed Awesomeness are nearing an end at least, with Randy currently feuding with ZWB to setup their reunion, which will lead into a feud with The Awesomeness.

Do Parker and Hernandez have awful chemistry in every save?

I’m planning a 6 month story around VALIANT and ROGUE… wait it’s different let me explain.

Both men are approaching/in that time in (game) life we call time decline. GOLDEN, REMO, MORGAN, GILMORE and BIG MONEY are also there so I want to get the next generation ready.

UNLEASHED, ZWB, CANNONBALL, SMASHER and DAVIDS only have a few years before they are there.

STARR, SPADE, FAITH, WRIGHT and PRIMUS are the (hopeful) future and POWERSON, WHOLE LOTTA and ZEKE in RIPW have potential for the generation after.

So my plan is around VALIANT and ROGUE.. does that make sense…. No okay let me explain more..

THE PLAN

VALIANT will be feuding with SCYTHE he will return in on the first show as the surprise partner for GOLDEN who is to team against REMO and SCYTHE. It will end in a Double DQ and VALIANT will lose to SCYTHE at the 50th anniversary show and having been battered and beaten in backstage and in ring assaults by SCYTHE leading up to the show. VALIANT will start getting momentum coming out on top in some brawls leading to the rematch. VALIANT will win a cage match escaping which infuriates SCYTHE who wants to punish him in a LAST MAN STANDING match, SCYTHE wins destroying opponent but a talking bout of the match is with VALIANT fighting on empty attempting his best moves but unable to keep him down he digs deep and in a moment of desperation hits the finisher of his biggest enemy and former friend ROGUE…

ROGUE will start year in self destruct mode pissing off as many people as possible with his gums flapping. He will meet his match in the juggernaut PRIMUS ALLEN who will go on to defeat ROGUE at the 50th anniversary show.

He will then go on a bit of a losing streak putting over BRET STARR, MICKEY LAU, ZWB and maybe FAITH. He will attempt to join THE RAT PACK suggesting his experience will be beneficial but SPADE tells him he doesn’t associate with losers before staring a whole through SENSITIVE who he is constantly berating.

ROGUE is in a downward spiral and SPADE often refers to him in promos in a disrespectful way. SPADE feels he has finished his feud with STARR and ruins a moment between VALIANT and GOLDEN where it seemed we were going to get a CHAMPIONSHIP match between the two legends. THE RAT PACK take out both men and challenge them to a six man match at the PPV but on one condition SPADE chooses their partner and he reveals it will be ROGUE!!!

SPADE shows more interest in ROGUE and offers him a role in the group if he impresses them in the six man tag and he winks. During the PPV ROGUE over hears SPADE running him down to the group and them all laughing, he boasts about his genius as ROGUE hates his team mates, wants to join there success, and calls him an idiot. The match comes around and ROGUE doesn’t seem focused he is tagged in early on but doesn’t do a lot. He ends up leaving (dejected) when GOLDEN and VALIANT are on top but this is enough of distraction for SPADE to use his title to take out GOLDEN and pin him!!! They beat down VALIANT after and ROGUE watches on big screen from the stage, through in a hope spot of him turning to face the ring but eventually backing off.

SPADE will get a match with VALIANT for the number one contendership and SPADE a special guest referee will be ROGUE. VALIANT will come out on top after SPADE gets frustrated that ROGUE isn’t focused on letting him win. He will lose his cool and SPADE will be hit with a move at the same time from VALIANT and ROGUE something they used to do years ago when they were a team. VALIANT will get the win as both men are in shock at what just happened. (Fame & Money will win the tag titles from FAITH AND OLD GLORY around this time).

in June, it’s the build to VALIANT vs GOLDEN for the SWF title. The RAT PACK will constantly try and stir up trouble, they will take out ROGUE but VALIANT who is conflicted does chase them off but he doesn’t help ROGUE up. A similar situation will occur and ROGUE will save VALIANT look to go help but GOLDEN will be there so he will just leave. GOLDEN will retain in hopefully an epic potentially first time meeting with VALIANT. THE RAT PACK will take out GOLDEN and VALIANT until ROGUE will come down and clear house, he leaves before any interaction with VALIANT and chases after SPADE. On an episode of SUPREME TV it will be setup for VALIANT and GOLDEN to take on FAME and MONEY for the SWF Tag Team Tiles but SPADE will take out GOLDEN in a vicious backstage assault and GOLDEN will leave in an ambulance. VALIANT will go at it 2on1 and when things look bad ROGUE will come down and take the hot tag and clean house, lots of near falls but on this occasion ROGUE will take the pinfall after taking a belt shot meant for VALIANT saving his former enemy. VALIANT will still be conflicted on whether to interact and go to leave… stop on the ramp and go back help up ROGUE and raise his hand.. maybe a hug and we have a new tag team back where they started book ending their careers.

now depending on time decline they will either fued and put over teams, have run with the belts winning at SUPREME CHALLENGE where SPADE is defo dethroning GOLDEN. Or do we do the VALIANT turns on ROGUE story at the end of that run before both men destroy each other in one last match and then retire?

normally I write these out and delete them but I’ve spent 1 hour 30 minutes with sore thumbs so I’m posting. Hope somebody reads it lol

• Like 5

On 8/1/2024 at 5:41 PM, StatboyVT said:

Those are good options. I'd go with Vibert. 

I was thinking of this: after the Eisens struggle with running the SWF (Golden leaves to make movies, they lose some combo of Remo, Valiant, Rogue, Giilmore and James) they decide to go corporate and they take a minority stake. Someone gets the other stockholders together and buys the company: Rich Money! Black Wednesday returns home with his new bride Dawn Gemmell! Frehley stays put. 

• Like 1

I'm not feeling Atom Smasher, monster tag team heel. He was on the cusp of being big a couple years prior. Enter the newest member of the Rat Pack: action star Adam Smash! The stereotypical leading man action star with charisma, ego and arrogance to match. 

• Like 1

I read the description for the 50th Anniversary Show and it said it could have some returning stars from SWF's past, so I got one-time deals for Jack Bruce and Skull DeBones to show up. I pictured Skull DeBones appearing in Scythe's entrance and giving him a passing of the torch from one monster to another, a sort of Undertaker knee salute.

Golden was out talking about his upcoming match with Davids, when Jack Bruce's music kicks in for the first surprise of the evening (I am sure the place would have went nuts) they would have a bit of back and forth before an embrace from one GOAT to another, with Bruce telling him its Showtime!

image.thumb.png.58b568ba8dfd914939feb2a26f8f4e27.png

Its like Christmas in January

image.png.5b91c5d7552639f1c6b07c418bed6c36.png

5 hours ago, GSGaming said:

Ooof nice, did you get him? Rich Money came up for me but he didn't even want to negotiate. I assume because he is the booker he just doesn't want to leave. How do you even book Champion and Golden in the same company?

7 hours ago, GSGaming said:

I read the description for the 50th Anniversary Show and it said it could have some returning stars from SWF's past, so I got one-time deals for Jack Bruce and Skull DeBones to show up. I pictured Skull DeBones appearing in Scythe's entrance and giving him a passing of the torch from one monster to another, a sort of Undertaker knee salute.

Golden was out talking about his upcoming match with Davids, when Jack Bruce's music kicks in for the first surprise of the evening (I am sure the place would have went nuts) they would have a bit of back and forth before an embrace from one GOAT to another, with Bruce telling him its Showtime!

image.thumb.png.58b568ba8dfd914939feb2a26f8f4e27.png

Good call signing Youngman. I was surprised that he hadn't been signed by any of the big companies in the update. I've messed around with a few tests saves, and the AI doesn't seem to go after him.

5 hours ago, Grfcboy95 said:

Ooof nice, did you get him? Rich Money came up for me but he didn't even want to negotiate. I assume because he is the booker he just doesn't want to leave. How do you even book Champion and Golden in the same company?

I signed Nicky to the SWF. Wanted to prove he was the true icon. He started to go crazy with beimg obsessed with Golden. Even after he finally beat him he wanted to go again because Golden had two wins over him. 

I did Champion as the insufferable wannabe hero. 

• Like 2