CVerse 2022 Evolution Discussion

2 minutes ago, siah463 said:

Speaking of missing wrestlers is Arthur Dexter Bradley just straight up booted out of the universe entirely? I couldn't find him, maybe im just blind. 

He's in EMLL under a mask now (I forget the name off the top of my head).

I think it's the same for Felipe to answer the post above this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, siah463 said:

Speaking of missing wrestlers is Arthur Dexter Bradley just straight up booted out of the universe entirely? I couldn't find him, maybe im just blind. 

He's under the name El Diablo Emplumado

• Like 1

Arthur Dexter Bradley got a new gimmick, I think in EMLL

4 minutes ago, siah463 said:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, siah463 said:

He's now El Diablo Emplumado in EMLL.  

8 minutes ago, ThorJ said:

Anyone know where Felipe Caballero is. Cannot find him anywhere!

Time Master in EMLL

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

Not crazy with how much (or not) women's wrestling has advanced. A few new wrestlers, a grand total of NINE yet to debut, no new companies, the same companies yet to debut, etc. In fact, one could argue that with the closure of OLLIE, the state of women's wrestling is WORSE, because they were a pretty decent sized company that would hire women wrestlers, and that's one less job opportunity for indy women.

I had a feeling that was coming in the opening screens setting the context for each region and QAW/5SSW had no shout out. Didn't the last instalment say a women's wrestling revolution was coming or something... 😅

The changes to QAW are considerable but don't make the most sense. It's cool that most of the main event have moved on to new things and that leaves a lot of scope for a new guard. The Pinky v Mariana feud makes sense etc. but then changes around stable membership is odd. I guess you can fill in the blanks how you want but whatever happened did nothing for their popularity stats.

The pool of women's wrestlers to choose from is not enough for even QAW to run well, let alone setting up new companies in any region [which is a choice considering the real world scene over the last ten years]. Also the diversity of the women is a head-scratcher-- only six black women in the whole database who can wrestle, zero for half the other categories...

5SSW looks broadly the same. Shame there is no competitor still [Winnow you've been set to debut for 2000 years!!!] and Fuyuko Higa just isn't getting that world title. 

And obviously the above can be modded and changed so massive shout out to WillRock's expansion packs and how well done they were because I genuinely forgot a number of those characters were not default like Tameka Sky and and Ashley Keith 😁 I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's takes and ideas on things. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Rhysrob said:

I had a feeling that was coming in the opening screens setting the context for each region and QAW/5SSW had no shout out. Didn't the last instalment say a women's wrestling revolution was coming or something... 😅

The changes to QAW are considerable but don't make the most sense. It's cool that most of the main event have moved on to new things and that leaves a lot of scope for a new guard. The Pinky v Mariana feud makes sense etc. but then changes around stable membership is odd. I guess you can fill in the blanks how you want but whatever happened did nothing for their popularity stats.

The pool of women's wrestlers to choose from is not enough for even QAW to run well, let alone setting up new companies in any region [which is a choice considering the real world scene over the last ten years]. Also the diversity of the women is a head-scratcher-- only six black women in the whole database who can wrestle, zero for half the other categories...

5SSW looks broadly the same. Shame there is no competitor still [Winnow you've been set to debut for 2000 years!!!] and Fuyuko Higa just isn't getting that world title. 

And obviously the above can be modded and changed so massive shout out to WillRock's expansion packs and how well done they were because I genuinely forgot a number of those characters were not default like Tameka Sky and and Ashley Keith 😁 I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's takes and ideas on things. 

Yeah I was shocked at so many of the female talent I used were not in the game then I realized they were all from mods. 

CV always had minimum changes, not to scare off a specific promotion's fans, have a chance for people to grow and shape up the promotion as you want and have a sense of familiarity.

Issue is that since 2013 database, OG 2005 guys began retiring and mid-level guys made the step-up. To fill this gap, OG indy guys took their places. Now in 2022, there is a huge dearth of interesting unemployed characters, hence lack of options in terms of hiring.

Even the guys like Gauge twins or the blonde cocky youth indy mafia (DWN, KCGlenn types) are on the older side of the database now and still aren't established, they should have held the top titles all over the world by now for example.

I think someone like @Derek B who is immensely familiar with the lore should create a CV+ database, which is just an expanded version of 2022. More characters,pop/skill changes just to balance the database around and still keep the 'lore' same.

Edited by SanX
Added few lines to explain.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, SanX said:

CV always had minimum changes, not to scare off a specific promotion's fans, have a chance for people to grow and shape up the promotion as you want and have a sense of familiarity

Great point. I'll add that IMO at its core the C-verse is a solution to a problem (no license so a booker game needs companies and wrestlers to book). Instead of just creating "lawsuit proof" versions of current wrestlers and companies (Look guys its Rody Chodes) Adam really got creative and created a really cool fictional world. 

That said this edition of the Cornellverse is super safe. Its still very playable, just not too many changes. If a user wants more changes make them. If you are upset OLLIE was taken out, put them back in. Grow or shrink them a bit to taste. If you think wrestlers retire too young unretire them. 

I get that the C-verse is created to be balanced but making a few changes won't break it. If someone wants feedback propose the idea (example: the SWF signs Wolf instead of Rocky to be their icon, does that make sense from a C-verse canon perspective). See if others find it "cheese" or "noncanon" (that doesn't really concern me too much but if it concerns others get feedback). 

Most of all enjoy the game. 

• Like 2

There is one notable reversal in company fortunes; Pride Glory Honor is now the top Japanese company, with 69 popularity across Japan vs Burning Hammer's 68.  The latter's only claim to still being bigger is their considerable wealth, but a day 1 narrative suggests that even that is starting to dwindle.  Otherwise, it's a holding pattern with the implication that 2 years wasn't enough for new additions like Wrestleworld to really reshape the Cornellverse.

I would've bet on someone (possibly SWF) moving to CommPlanet had the verse moved forward 3-4 years, but that's still at least a month out from the game start.  Still, it is getting more congested at the top, as TCW rebounded from 72 pop in the US to 75, whilst CWA has now reached Big and the USPW actually lost a point (now at 82 in USA/Canada).

Edited by overthetop2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MightyDavidson said:

Heck the number too lucha fed in Mexico can suddenly go under when, logically it would have a fairly stable fanbase.  I mean if the friggin' NWA can keep operating after all the crap that's happened to it since it's founding then OLLIE surely would be able too as well.  It doesn't make any sense and certainly doesn't mirror real life wrestling as the game is meant to do but it seems Ryland doesn't care about that anymore, if he ever did.  

I mean the 2020 bio literally says that they weren't expecting to survive untill their 75th anniversary because they dont even get on national tv anymore, sometimes a stable fanbase isnt enough to stave off bankruptcy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beatingstuff88 said:

I mean the 2020 bio literally says that they weren't expecting to survive untill their 75th anniversary because they dont even get on national tv anymore, sometimes a stable fanbase isnt enough to stave off bankruptcy

I thought they would survive since touring contracts were revamped and you could have had a non Japan touring experience with OLLIE and COTT connection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beatingstuff88 said:

Somebody should have told that to the guy who programmed 2020 then, 'cause it was super easy for OLLIE to get a tv deal and a PPV deal.  

I noticed the COTT tag titles disappeared. I haven't seen any mention in the game or on these forums as to what canonically happened to them. I also can not find the titles in the game as "inactive" (I was hoping to check out the lineage). 

Does anyone have any information or knowledge about this?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Kayfabe said:

I noticed the COTT tag titles disappeared. I haven't seen any mention in the game or on these forums as to what canonically happened to them. I also can not find the titles in the game as "inactive" (I was hoping to check out the lineage). 

Does anyone have any information or knowledge about this?

image.png

Couldn't find in game where I could see the title so I cracked open the editor. Basically the Cobras were signed while champs and never lost them so the titles were vacated. Gives a good jumping point if you play a COTT game to crown new champions however you see fit, which I think is pretty cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Lions said:

image.png

Couldn't find in game where I could see the title so I cracked open the editor. Basically the Cobras were signed while champs and never lost them so the titles were vacated. Gives a good jumping point if you play a COTT game to crown new champions however you see fit, which I think is pretty cool.

Thanks, I never thought to check the editor!

3 hours ago, Matt_Black said:

I still find it hard to believe that WLW was tied up with the Yakuza. EX2010 has the tight-lipped owner who won't talk about where the money is coming from, but SURE, it's WLW that's all tied up with organized crime.

Can't it be both? 😜