Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (FULLY PLAYABLE BETA 1.10 Released 18th August)

14 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

weather and people showing up is linked to geo tags? Default locations and venues are tagged now, I thought those features would be down to where you book shows and which workers are local? As workers aren't geo tagged?

I just looked it up, I was wrong on this fact. I thought it tied Geo Tags to where wrestlers were based on the map and that would influence pre-show incidents like weather and stuff.

10 hours ago, Chikbot said:

I just looked it up, I was wrong on this fact. I thought it tied Geo Tags to where wrestlers were based on the map and that would influence pre-show incidents like weather and stuff.

Ah phew, thought I'd missed something that'd be more work lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KyTeran said:

As someone who had to reschedule a bunch of tour events, I found out that the easiest way to do it is to use the mass edit feature to make sure that the tour dates and events that they are supposed to be on the same date and then using the positioning shift to determine when the tour shows occur.  For example, for Mad Panda Wrestling I used the mass edit feature to set all events and tour dates to be on the third Friday of the month and made sure that each tour date was set to be in the same month as the event it coincided with.  I then adjusted each tour date with the negative value in the position shift to tell the game how many days each tour date was supposed to be before the event.  It is still a bit tedious, but it was better than when I tried to set each date individually and it also ensures that tour shows won't fall after the event that they are supposed to lead to.

The problem is the events were already in the game when converting, so were already assigned a "next scheduled" date

I've been setting them up to be in the right order on the external data in same way you described, but it still requires going in snd overriding that "next scheduled date" as its still quicker than me checking a calendar lol

As ever, thanks for all of your fantastic work with the alt C-Verse. Please don't over do it, and make sure look after yourself. I'm not a huge fan of the AI renders - much preferring the cartoon images - so I'm personally glad they're here to stay. Didn't know you had plans for 2026 next, you utter madman. I feel cheeky just suggesting this; but would you consider doing an alt-2016 - that has wrestlers debuting until the 2026 mod - once you're done? Obviously this is something way down the line, but maybe that's something I could look at just changing locally whenever the 2026 mod would be ready.  

18 hours ago, Trillerverse said:

but would you consider doing an alt-2016

Not sure if you knew this, but mod did start with alt18, which I had considered one day converting, although wasn't sure how many people would really be wanting it!

And thank you :) Think not overdoing it has passed, but at the same time in gives me something to do so that's good lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

Not sure if you knew this, but mod did start with alt18, which I had considered one day converting, although wasn't sure how many people would really be wanting it!

And thank you :) Think not overdoing it has passed, but at the same time in gives me something to do so that's good lol

Alt 18 would be great tbf

25 minutes ago, jakaryus said:

As someone who never played Cverse, should I start with this mod in TEW IX ? or should I wait a bit more ?

thanks

The main advantage of this mod is that it takes all the great orgs which were closed down in the default game, so if you never played the default game, those orgs wont mean anything to you. This mod is also great for someone who wants a more fleshed out environment in every region or if you want to focus on womens wrestling. 

That said, my recommendation is If you never played any of the Cverse, i would start with the default mod to begin with as the downside of this mod is the shere size, it can be overwhelming to someone new, also the size can seriously limit loading times if your computer lacks the capacity. 

Another option I also recommend for someone who never played the default mod, the TEW2005 mod is great if you want to get to understand the characters in the game. I started there and i know basically everyone in 2024, but to someone new they are simply pics. 

Edited by Capelli King
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Capelli King said:

The main advantage of this mod is that it takes all the great orgs which were closed down in the default game, so if you never played the default game, those orgs wont mean anything to you. This mod is also great for someone who wants a more fleshed out environment in every region or if you want to focus on womens wrestling. 

That said, my recommendation is If you never played any of the Cverse, i would start with the default mod to begin with as the downside of this mod is the shere size, it can be overwhelming to someone new, also the size can seriously limit loading times if your computer lacks the capacity. 

Another option I also recommend for someone who never played the default mod, the TEW2005 mod is great if you want to get to understand the characters in the game. I started there and i know basically everyone in 2024, but to someone new they are simply pics. 

Thank you for the opinion! about loading times its fine as I have a high end computer, but you are correct about all the great orgs that were closed done, thanks a lot :)

1 hour ago, jakaryus said:

As someone who never played Cverse, should I start with this mod in TEW IX ? or should I wait a bit more ?

thanks

I would say it depends on what you are interesting in.

This mod started on TEW 16 and was sort of an alternate timeline for 2018 before TEW 2020 was released. Then, 2022 came out which is a sequel to the alternate timeline that started in 2016.

So, if you want to get into the Cornellverse for the Cornellverse, I wouldn't say so because it can be overwhelming and will not be true to the Cornellverse that is in TEW IX.

However, if what interests you in the Cornellverse is simply to get into a fantasy world, then, I will say definitely get into it because it takes full advantage of the fantasy setting. You have a company for so many products that simply don't get a chance to exist in other mods or the default database and it includes so many new workers compare to the default database as well, you never run out of people to debut.

Yeah I parrot what people said above. I would recommend starting with the Default just to get a feel for the world. The Alternate changes a ton of personalities of wrestlers as well as identities of companies. There also are a ton of workers and companies not in the default so it's pretty huge universe now. I started with the CVerse in 2020 and had fun with the default; but then tried the Alt CVerse 2018 Lavelluk ported from 2016 and it became my go to mod. But I think the Default definitely helped me understand the world more in general. 

7 hours ago, lavelleuk said:

I'll add my voice to those who would love to see this if you are able to get around to it.

My main save in 2020 uses an edited AltVerse 2018 which I pulled the extra future workers into from 2022 and then added some bits of my own. I love it, and I'd considered trying to convert that myself but got a bit overwhelmed by the challenge. :classic_laugh:

5 hours ago, jakaryus said:

thanks

If you're new I'd say default data for now as this one isn't fully up and running. If you like the CVerse and want to see it expanded a bit/extra workers and companies then check this mod out again when it is is fully functioning imo :)

3 hours ago, AlanMaths677 said:

Yeah I parrot what people said above. I would recommend starting with the Default just to get a feel for the world. The Alternate changes a ton of personalities of wrestlers as well as identities of companies. 

I think I mentioned this before, but personalities on this mod are based on their old slider scale personalities. When I was converting to TEW20 I saw a few guys who were basically bullies who refused to lose in TEW20 were now things like "quiet" or "professional" so I decided to forget canon, and go with the jerks I knew lol

1 hour ago, ElPolloDiablo said:

I'll add my voice to those who would love to see this if you are able to get around to it.

My main save in 2020 uses an edited AltVerse 2018 which I pulled the extra future workers into from 2022 and then added some bits of my own. I love it, and I'd considered trying to convert that myself but got a bit overwhelmed by the challenge. :classic_laugh:

I think with the external editor converting the 2018 version shouldn't be too much work. All the title history real dates will have been done, all the workers heights and weights etc. So I'll keep that in mind that people want that option :)

• Like 2

Oh, and update on sorting out finances... @Teasenitryn sent me a year long sim save so I could look at what was happening. I adjusted quite a few promotions broadcast revenue, merchandise levels, a few production values etc.

Ran my own year long sim today, checked results and lots of anger and confusion as...most lost even more money! Big changes resulted in worse results in some cases

Just realised I tested on the wrong database...so that is a day completely wasted. I am now running a second, year-long sim

I am not happy

On the plus side two year-long runs on the same database resulted in quite different financial results (on mine OLLIE had 2mil more in bank, but RSW 2mil less etc.) so it's good TEWIX finances aren't as "samey" as TEW20 could be. That's a game positive, even if a Lavelleuk failure!

• Like 9

So after some work and some testing finances are working a lot better now. No longer will FCW and RSW lose millions, or OLLIE/WLW struggle. Should be working a lot better now. Full change log below

Version 1.05

Companies Broadcast Deals, Worker Contracts, Merch Levels, Production Levels And Drug Testing Looked At To Balance Out Financial Gains And Losses

All Female Wrestlers A-G Heights, Weights And Attributes Looked At

All European Wrestlers (Hopefully) Moved To Right Regions And Pop Adjusted To Correct Region

IQK Moved To Eastern Europe

Belarus And Minsk Added

Anne Stardust Business History Updated

ACPW Duplicate TV Show Deleted

All Empty Move Sets Now Have Moves In Them 

5SSW Schedule Set Up

• Thanks 6

• lavelleuk changed the title to Alternative CornellVerse 2022 Mod (BETA 1.05 released 12 August)
9 minutes ago, lavelleuk said:

So after some work and some testing finances are working a lot better now. No longer will FCW and RSW lose millions, or OLLIE/WLW struggle. Should be working a lot better now. Full change log below

Version 1.05

Companies Broadcast Deals, Worker Contracts, Merch Levels, Production Levels And Drug Testing Looked At To Balance Out Financial Gains And Losses

All Female Wrestlers A-G Heights, Weights And Attributes Looked At

All European Wrestlers (Hopefully) Moved To Right Regions And Pop Adjusted To Correct Region

IQK Moved To Eastern Europe

Belarus And Minsk Added

Anne Stardust Business History Updated

ACPW Duplicate TV Show Deleted

All Empty Move Sets Now Have Moves In Them 

5SSW Schedule Set Up

Damn. Verision 1.05 already. Hope you are giving yourself time to enjoy the game yourself.

Noticed this and I don't know if this has been said, but Tameka Sky is listed at 6'7 in her bio, but she's standing at 6'3. Haven't noticed much else while I mess around in the demo, since I gotta wait until the end of the month to buy.

Also again, thanks for updating this mod for TEW9.

2 hours ago, Dorian said:

Noticed this and I don't know if this has been said, but Tameka Sky is listed at 6'7 in her bio, but she's standing at 6'3. Haven't noticed much else while I mess around in the demo, since I gotta wait until the end of the month to buy.

Also again, thanks for updating this mod for TEW9.

I am currently working through the women now, so that will be changed. But if you notice any men with that sort of issue, or women once they are all done, then please continue to point them out! :)

On 8/12/2024 at 12:39 PM, lavelleuk said:

I am currently working through the women now, so that will be changed. But if you notice any men with that sort of issue, or women once they are all done, then please continue to point them out! :)

Not a problem lavelleuk, willing to help out as always. If I spot something else, I'll give you a shout.

Oh wait, I do have two things. Hang on, let me open TEW again. I never mentioned this before and I feel dumb I'm doing it now. The wrestler known as Innocent has a Balanced attitude, Considering she's fame hungry, wants to get into modelling, etc, I think driven or needy would be the perfect thing for her and considering it specifically says fame hunger, needy might be a better fit. Balance seems a little out of the question here.

Haukea also has this issue. From the attributes she was given of easy to work with and highly moral, I would think her personality would be probably closer to Professional or Stalwart than to balanced. Though that's just me. Probably Professional, considering she's trying to make it work in wrestling, while also being a responsible adult. 

Can't find the last one, I'm just blind. Quite literally without my glasses. Just know there's one more and it was a guy I think. Also I realize you said you were going through the women and would've seen this, but I figured I'd point it out now. And yes, I was doing some stuff with the women wrestlers, how'd you guess?

11 hours ago, Dorian said:

Not a problem lavelleuk, willing to help out as always. If I spot something else, I'll give you a shout.

Oh wait, I do have two things. Hang on, let me open TEW again. I never mentioned this before and I feel dumb I'm doing it now. The wrestler known as Innocent has a Balanced attitude, Considering she's fame hungry, wants to get into modelling, etc, I think driven or needy would be the perfect thing for her and considering it specifically says fame hunger, needy might be a better fit. Balance seems a little out of the question here.

Haukea also has this issue. From the attributes she was given of easy to work with and highly moral, I would think her personality would be probably closer to Professional or Stalwart than to balanced. Though that's just me. Probably Professional, considering she's trying to make it work in wrestling, while also being a responsible adult. 

Can't find the last one, I'm just blind. Quite literally without my glasses. Just know there's one more and it was a guy I think. Also I realize you said you were going through the women and would've seen this, but I figured I'd point it out now. And yes, I was doing some stuff with the women wrestlers, how'd you guess?

Yeah the balanced were both mistakes, I fixed both when doing the '26 version but apparently didn't fix in the '22. I noticed Innocent but missed Haukea when going through the women on the conversion, so good spot, thank you!

And there was a guy you're right but I believe I got him when going through the males. I think it was someone who had no attributes at all. You can't search for the "balanced" attribute so they are easily missed

5 hours ago, AlanMaths677 said:

You probably didn't get to her yet but Willow in RockStar Wrestling, who also won Young Wrestler of the Year is 41 years old. I'm guessing there was a confusion in the conversion and it assumed it was Fiona "Willow" Russel who is also 41. 

Yeah that is exactly what happened. I fixed her age at some point, thought I'd put it on the change log but apparently not!

Next version is out, all the women's wrestlers heights, weights and new attributes was the big job. Was much harder than the men's - the women weight less then the men, but obviously TEW just had "sizes" so  every female wrestler I had created needed adjusted, and with the women being smaller it meant there was much tighter restrictions on just how fast and loose you can play the weights compared to the men's (ie do a 5'3 20lbs too heavy and suddenly she's a giant of the division, but a 6'4 man you could do 50lbs heavier and it still works).

Other big news is that all the training facility rules have been adjusted. They aren't exactly the same as default data, for example National School Of Wrestling has seen Bat Cooper and Toxic graduate, but default TEW wouldn't allow that to happen, so I left Hardcore and Psychopaths ticked for them. I also lowered ZEN's maximum graduate size to match maximum size for new hires, things like that.

Version 1.06

All Female Wrestlers Heights, Weights And New Attributes Looked At

Training Facilities Graduation Rules Fixed

Some Move Descriptions Added

LFF Belt Weights Adjusted

• Like 6