Which year do you want a TEW iX mod for most?

Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Which year do you want a TEW IX mod for most?

Echo the support for 2019 and being able to book AEW from the start. Almost exactly what TEW is built for. Similarly TNA just before Hogan comes on board is a great flash point scenario for me, in terms of booking a major company completely differently to how it ended up.

• Like 6

1999 Vince Russo takes over. October of 1999. WWF was making their next big push with some ECW guys like the Dudley's showing up, The Hardyz becoming a real tag team. Kurt Angle debuting. WCW has Russo taking over and ECW has bene on TNN for only two months. 

• Like 3

I voted on 1990 because I'd love to play as WCW, possibly rebook the Black Scorpion angle & make it actually work this time around. And then there's the WWF & everything going on with Hogan, Warrior, an up & coming Earthquake. Heck, maybe I can keep Raymond Rougeau from retiring early! On a smaller scale, it would be fun to book the USWA as they were running both Memphis & Dallas around this time, which means I could book a rookie Steve Austin.

But 1989 is a great year to rebook as well. Over in WCW, you have the Ric Flair/Ricky Steamboat series; the arrival of the Great Muta; Sting starting to get a proper push; the formation of the Steiner Brothers; Eddie Gilbert getting a national spotlight, & Teddy Long turning heel & becoming a manager. Over in the WWF, you have the Mega Powers exploding; building SummerSlam around No Holds Barred. I admit it, I was one of those kids that was young enough to be scared for Hogan & Bruti when Macho Man & Sherri recruited Zeus. 😄

• Like 3

97.  I'm working on a tiny one that will probably never see the light of day for personal use, but Hart jumping to WCW would be great.  You could easily turn that clock a few months back and still have Hart in WWF as well.  Then if really want to be fun and put a lot of thought/work into it, turn that into a ~2000 mod that has an alternative history to it.  If only cutting gifs up and making picture packs wasn't so intensive.

1 hour ago, Stennick said:

1999 Vince Russo takes over. October of 1999. WWF was making their next big push with some ECW guys like the Dudley's showing up, The Hardyz becoming a real tag team. Kurt Angle debuting. WCW has Russo taking over and ECW has bene on TNN for only two months. 

Yep. There aren't many 1999 mods even in the previous games and I think it has so much potential. October 1999 is so good because you can either continue Russo's WWF and see how that would affect the future or you can go to WCW and have the opportunity to do the rebuild Russo wanted

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CM707 said:

I would love one for late 2019. Around the time of Dynamite's first episode, NXT going live and the 2019 WWE Draft.

This. I don't like starting too late as I'd like a few years to build up my company but at the same time I prefer the modern stuff.

Running a WCW or WWF in 97' with all these new features is going to be insanely fun lol

Cant wait for a mod in this time period to be released taking into account and using the new features...

• Like 2

summer 1995 prior to the debut episode of Monday Nitro. a very "anything can happen" period for US wrestling and an all-time great free agency class. plus a deep and style-diverse Japanese wrestling landscape.

• Like 4

I've always wanted to take over either WCW or WWF in January of 1999.

You're either putting butts in seats with Mankind becoming WWF Champion, or you're starting to kill WCW With the finger poke of doom.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AstroCreep said:

94-95. Around Hogan jumping to WCW

94/95 would be great, the Monday Night Wars are always a go-to and I'm extra excited for that era with all of the new backstage/attribute additions. I normally play Fleish's 92 mod to scratch that itch due to how comprehensive it is but 2-3 years at the start always feels a bit "too long" to set up for the war

Although the mod I have by far the most playtime on is Mammoths 1970 and so I cant wait for that on the new version also

Having said all that the first Real World mod to be released that makes full use of the new attributes and backstage roles while managing to convert heights/weights and geo-tags will be getting a hell of a lot of playtime from me regardless of the era because I'm that desperate to play the new game (not to rush anyone, perfection takes time) 

• Like 3

Has to be January 2016. The amount you could do with that save creatively I believe is crazy.

• WWE was in a weird place but had pieces to built with moving to the next generation of wrestlers so the roster is a bit all over the place and could use a cleanup and some fresh faces too and to properly build the women's division which is just starting to shape up at this time.
  • It was around the birth of that amazing NXT run so you could work with that and build better than what they originally did.
  • NJPW was probably at it's strongest in the 21st century with a stacked roster and LIJ just formed around this time too so you could look to run out your competition and rake in their talent or work to create an incredible wrestling scene in Japan.
  • It was probably ROH's last great era. Maybe you'd want to build on that and get the most out of their Dying embers or event look to find a way to reignite a new era once again.
  • The UK scene was picking up at this point with talented wrestlers coming through.
  • There's alternatives like Lucha Underground which were on Season 3 and considering how much people loved the concept of this promotion, you could build something up with them.
  • And TNA is going through its weird phase with GFW but both have lots of talent to work with.

And so many other companies. Even create your own because the independent scene and workers about to finish contracts and young talent coming through all at the same time is wild for example:

Expiring contracts such as: AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Cody Rhodes, Kurt Angle, Wade Barrett, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson

Free Agents/Indie wrestlers such as: Drew Galloway, Chris Jercicho, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, Bobby Lashley, Bobby Roode, Chris Hero, MVP, Jay Lethal, Carlito, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Homicide, Eddie Kingston, Rob Van Dam, Bobby Fish, The Motor City Machine Guns, The Young Bucks, The Briscoes, The American Wolves, The Killer Elite Squad

And lastly, young future stars such as: Ricochet, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Johnny Gargano, Adam Page, Jay White, The War Raiders, Joe Hendry, Santos Escobar, Luchasaurus, Swerve Strictland, Tommaso Ciampa, Ethan Page, Juice Robinson, Matt Riddle, LA Knight, Tommy End, The Lucha Brothers, Orange Cassidy, Will Ospreay & Zack Sabre Jr.

They're just a few current names you could sign to any of them companies and that's not to mention who is still set to start their careers. Unfortunately there isn't too many women on the independence at this time but I'm sure very soon some of the most popular wrestlers today would start to appear very soon

Honestly you could do so much with that roster. I would personally love to make it myself but I just know I'd have no time to since no one has really attempted this mod since January 2016 but if anyone did then that would be incredible

Edited by Judejo01
  • Like 10

I am hoping we get a 1983 mod as the territories are still amazing and going strong, and Hogan hasn't come back to WWF yet, Flair is arguably at or reaching his peak, The Von Erichs are still alive, and most WWF/E legends are still in the territories.

• Like 3

A mod that starts in anytime from September to November 2015 before Seth Rollins tore his ACL. Would love to book the end of his title reign and WrestleMania 32 without the amount of injuries they had in real life. Then that can lead up to completely re-doing the draft in 2016.

TNA were in an interesting spot too around that time and rebuilding them could be fun. Was also when NJPW was at it's peak recently. Even could try to re-sign AJ Styles and Good Brothers unlike real life.

2015 and 2016 were awesome years in real life and it'd be fun to create an alternate reality

I would like something not so distant, like a 2023 mod, starting from January. I was thinking to try to convert my last game on TEW 2020, but I know that a lot of things would be missing in the game, so I'm not so sure about it. I started with a January 2023 real mod, but a lot of details are missing there too. I'm not so good about doing the right editing in there, so I hope to find something alike to start to play the 2024 version 

Fleisch's excellent '92 mod more than adequately covers the start of my wrestling fandom, and was my most-played mod of the last version. It's very comprehensive. Unfortunately, there's a lack of comparable mods for the years following. Booking WCW right at its peak, especially with all the new features in this game that would make it even more chaotic to control, would be a lot of fun. So would booking them as they're on the decline.  There's also some fun what-ifs you can book if you do the mid-late 90s - what if HHH never left WCW, what if Austin's neck injury forced him to retire, what if Bret's essentially lifetime contract was never messed with, etc. Just a bunch of fun personalities at the top you can play with.

• Like 1