A Love Letter To Professional Wrestling [MWCW, C'Verse]

"The Queen of Hearts" Danielle Sweetheart vs. Joy Ryder
The Thunderbirds [Malachi & Micah] vs. The Attack Dogs [UEW's Kohl & Balowicz]
Skye Hermosa vs. Steffi Chee
COTT World Six Man Championship: First Nation [Ace Youngblood, Roger Monteiro, Wild Red Stallion] vs. The Academy [Juggernaut Jones, Jack Pryde, Phil Anders] w/ Professor Jim King
COTT World Tag Team Championship: The Wild Cats vs. Evil Intent vs. The LA Stars vs. Coulrophobia

Joy's just breaking into the business., she's looking for the rub and some exposure.

It's the Historian, he loves his cowboys & injuns. Win establishes the group and allows the other injuns to lose later, plus ze Germans aren't expected to stick around anyway.

Can actually see Skye pull the upset win here. Steffi's on her way out, not much upside to her winning here.

COTT World Six Man Championship: First Nation [Ace Youngblood, Roger Monteiro, Wild Red Stallion] vs. The Academy [Juggernaut Jones, Jack Pryde, Phil Anders] w/ Professor Jim King

Victory establishes the heel group, probably with some help from their manager to protect the faces.

COTT World Tag Team Championship: The Wild Cats vs. Evil Intent vs. The LA Stars vs. Coulrophobia

This could literally go either way, but I'm gonna go with the Cats as the better performers who can also draw well in Mexico.

"The Queen of Hearts" Danielle Sweetheart vs. Joy Ryder

The Thunderbirds [Malachi & Micah] vs. The Attack Dogs [UEW's Kohl & Balowicz]

Skye Hermosa vs. Steffi Chee

COTT World Six Man Championship: First Nation [Ace Youngblood, Roger Monteiro, Wild Red Stallion] vs. The Academy [Juggernaut Jones, Jack Pryde, Phil Anders] w/ Professor Jim King

COTT World Tag Team Championship: The Wild Cats vs. Evil Intent vs. The LA Stars vs. Coulrophobia

image.jpeg
Sunday, January 2, 2022
The Ryan Hotel, St. Louis, Missouri, United States
121 Fans in Attendance
Broadcast on: Griffin Sports Mid West
Broadcast Rating: .01 [258 Viewers]

Patrick Santini.pngSue Danes.png

The opening camera shot was a broad angle shot that swept through the ballroom of the Ryan Hotel. The Ryan Hotel ballroom is decorate in an art-deco style. The kind of style that used to be common all across America and used to be common on the early days of network television and pro wrestling as an early drawing point. The crowd is a mixture of fans, some well dressed and well kept and others not so much. The camera slides over the ring and to the ringside broadcast table where Patrick Santini and Sue Danes, both well-dressed, are sitting.

Santini, “Hello everyone and thank you for tuning in to Griffin Sports Mid West tonight to see Midwest Championship Wrestling’s first ever broadcast. I’m Patrick Santini and I’m joined by my broadcast colleague, Sue Danes. Sue, how do you feel being here for the first ever event?”

Danes, “I feel great, Patrick. It’s been a long time since I’ve sat at the broadcasters table for professional wrestling and I can’t think of a better way to do it again than here for All Midwestern Wresling on the Griffin Sports network.”

Santini, “I’m with you there, Sue, and what a great show we have lined up for you all tonight. In our main event, four of the best teams in North America will face off in an elimination tag team match. The last team standing will be the new COTT World Tag Team Champions. We will also crown COTT World Six Man Champions when the First Nation takes on the Academy. Plus two first round matches in the National Women’s Title Tournament and a match in the National Tag Team Title tournament. “

Danes, “It’s a great night for pro wrestling to debut on Griff Sports Mid West.”

Santini, “It certainly is and let’s go to the ring where our broadcast colleague Mya Catalan is standing by with a major announcement.”

We go from the commentary table to the ring where Mya Catalan is standing. Behind her, the small video screen that sits of the ring entrance flashes with the words “National Heavyweight Title Tournament”

image.png

Catalan, “Ladies and gentlemen, I can officially announce that MWCW will be sanctioning three championships. The National Heavyweight, National Tag Team, and National Women’s. All three titles will be determined in tournaments. Allow me to introduce the brackets to you. First, the National Heavyweight Title Tournament:

image.png

Catalan, “Second, the National Tag Team Title Tournament:

image.png

Catalan, “And finally, the National Women’s Title Tournament:

Catalan, “And we begin with the fist match of the National Women’s Title tournament…”

image.png

Segment Rating
c0E0O1b.jpg

image.jpeg

Opening Match
Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
MWCW National Women's Title Tournament
Opening Round

image.pngimage.jpegimage.png

The first match in the history of MWCW pit one of the most established names in independent women’s wrestling – Danielle Sweetheart against the up-and-coming Joy Ryder. The crowd was firmly behind Danielle Sweetheart throughout the match and Sweetheart played into that. Ryder spent her offense going after Sweetheart’s ankle, trying to take the Super Kick out ofSweetheart’s arsenal, but Sweetheart was able to make a big comeback and hit the Super Kick to get the win and advance in the tournament.

In a bout that had good wrestling but didn't have much heat, Danielle Sweetheart defeated Joy Ryder in 10:43 by pinfall with a Super Kick. This match was part of the 'National Women's Title' tournament. 

Match Rating
465CtnG.jpg

image.jpeg

Tag Team Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
MWCW National Tag Team Title Tournament
Opening Round

Malachi Thunderbird.pngMicah Thunderbird.png
image.jpeg
Cub Balowicz.pngClubber Kohl.png

The Attack Dogs, appearing in MWCW by virtue of the relationship MWCW has built with UEW, were making their North American debuts here. Balowicz has also recently been appearing in Japan so some of the more internet savvy fans were really excited to the man who has been touring for PGHW. The Thunderbirds are a relatively inexperienced team, but the fraternal twins hung in there with the former two-time UEW Tag Team Champions. This was a very physical match, with a lot of loud chops and all four men sporting blisters on their chest from the impact of the chops, but in the end the Thunderbirds hit their Cry of Thunder – where Malachi hit a big Running Powerslam on Cub Balowicz and then Micah hit a beautiful moonsault. Malachi was the legal man so he made the cover and the Thunderbirds got their first win in MWCW and advanced in the tournament.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but non-existent crowd heat, The Thunderbirds defeated The Attack Dogs in 12:31 when Malachi Thunderbird pinned Cub Balowicz with a Cry of Thunder. This match was part of the 'National Tag Team Titles' tournament. 

Match Rating
T8HPE4s.jpg

image.jpeg

Singles Match
Thirty Minute Time Limit
MWCW National Women's Title Tournament
Opening Round

image.pngimage.jpegimage.png

The second National Women’s Title tournament match pit the number one seed, veteran Steffi Chee against the standout CZCW competitor Skye Hermosa. Hermosa’s offense felt very CZCW – very lucha-inspired and very slick. Hermosa is a very smooth wrestler and she tried to keep the pace up against the veteran, but Steffi Chee was able to weather the offense and slow the match down to be more her speed. The veteran isn’t as physically impressive as Hermosa and her offense wasn’t as explosive but it was also very effective. She targeted Hermosa’s neck – trying to soften her up for Chee’s trademarked German Suplex. Chee went for that suplex several times, but Hermosa kept finding ways to counter it. Hermosa hit a bing roundhouse kick that staggered Chee and went for a springboard cutter but Chee caught her in a rear waist lock and immediately hit the German Suplex with a deep bridge for the three count and the advancement of her championship aspirations.

In a decent match, Steffi Chee defeated Skye Hermosa in 15:12 by pinfall with a German Suplex. This match was part of the 'National Women's Title' tournament. 

Match Rating
uZGF1US.jpg

image.jpeg

Semi Main Event
Trios Match
Sixty Minute Time Limit

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.pngimage.pngimage.png
image.jpeg
image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png
First Nation [Ace Youngblood, Roger Monteiro, Wild Red Stallion] vs. The Academy [Juggernaut Jones, Jack Pryde, Phil Anders] w/ Professor Jim King

The semi main event was to name the first ever COTT World Six Man Champions. While this is MWCW’s first show and this is the first time any of these groups has been a group, it was clear through their presentations on entrances that they’re supposed to be big deals. Jim King, in MWCW as the Professor instead of Gentleman, came out looking like a snobby intellectual, the worst type of snooty professor that hates anyone questioning him. It was also clear through entrances that Juggernaut Jones is supposed to be the crown jewel of The Academy while with the First Nation, it seems like Ace is the leader by Roger Monteiro is the more popular of the three (not that it affected how they worked together). Monteiro has been building an international name through his work with EXO2010. This was a solid match, with a lot of back and forth action. Jack Pryde and Phil Anders did most of the heavy lifting for the Academy, with Jones only coming in for short stretches where his power could dominate the match. The First Nation did something similar with Wild Red Stallion. At the climax of the match, Stallion and Monteiro were brawling with The Prime Studs outside of the ring and referee Lucy Hopper was trying to get control of those four when Professor Jim King rolled into the ring and hit Ace Youngblood in the back of the head with his briefcase (he carries a briefcase instead of a cane). Jones took advance and made the pin. When Hopper turned around, Jones added a little extra leverage with some rope-assistance and The Academy became the first ever World Six-Man Champions.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but didn't have much heat, The Academy (Juggernaut Jones, Jack Pryde and Phil Anders) defeated First Nation (Ace Youngblood, Wild Red Stallion and Roger Monteiro) in 21:15 when Juggernaut Jones pinned Ace Youngblood, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Juggernaut Jones and The Prime Studs win the COTT World Six Man titles.  In terms of in-ring work, Roger Monteiro was head and shoulders above everyone else. Phil Anders was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance. 

Match Rating
D6sMQfY.jpg

image.jpeg

Main Event
Four Team Elimination
No Time Limit

image.jpegimage.jpeg
image.pngimage.png
image.jpeg
image.pngimage.png
image.jpeg
image.pngimage.png
image.jpeg
image.pngimage.png
The Wild Cats vs. Evil Intent vs. The LA Stars vs. Coulrophobia

The main event featured four teams that aren’t supposed to be a part of the full-time MWCW roster, instead it’s a showcase of other COTT promotions. The Wild Cats, representing CZCW (although they also wrestle in CILL), Evil Intent, representing CILL and the defunct OLLIE, The LA Stars, representing NYCW, and Coulrophobia, representing IPW (though they also had a run in OLLIE). The match was high-octane with non-stop action. The Wild Cats eliminated Coulrophobia after about nine minutes of action, and then they were eliminated by Evil Intent about eight minutes later. With it down to just Evil Intent and LA Stars, the match slowed down and became much more of a traditional tag team match. The LA Stars were able to pin Slayyer (who definitely looked like he was struggling in the match after he twisted his knee) to get the win and become new COTT World Tag Team Champions.

In a bout that had decent wrestling but little heat, The LA Stars defeated Coulrophobia, The Wild Cats and Evil Intent in 26:36; the order of elimination was Coulrophobia first, then The Wild Cats, and finally Evil Intent. The LA Stars win the COTT World Tag Team titles. Slayyer was the weak link, struggling to keep up with everyone else's in-ring performance. 

Match Rating
uZGF1US.jpg

image.jpeg

Show Rating
uZGF1US.jpg

• Like 12

Prediction Results

1. Leion - ⅘
  2. Moafnsteel - ⅘
  3. Ptbova - ⅘
  4. Kanegan - ⅘
  5. Arwink - ⅘
  6. Doctor Crunch - ⅘
  7. KyTeran - ⅗
  8. DinoKEa - ⅗
  9. DarK_RaideR - ⅗
  10. Marmo - ⅗
  11. Falling_star - ⅖
  12. StanMiguel - ⅖
  13. Angeldelayette - ⅖
  14. Aaron07 - ⅕
  15. Midnightnick - ⅕

Thanks to the fifteen of you that predicted on our debut show. I was pleasantly surprised that no one got a perfect score. Hopefully you enjoyed the first show and I keep y'all interested.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Historian said:

Prediction Results

1. Leion - ⅘
  2. Moafnsteel - ⅘
  3. Ptbova - ⅘
  4. Kanegan - ⅘
  5. Arwink - ⅘
  6. Doctor Crunch - ⅘
  7. KyTeran - ⅗
  8. DinoKEa - ⅗
  9. DarK_RaideR - ⅗
  10. Marmo - ⅗
  11. Falling_star - ⅖
  12. StanMiguel - ⅖
  13. Angeldelayette - ⅖
  14. Aaron07 - ⅕
  15. Midnightnick - ⅕

Thanks to the fifteen of you that predicted on our debut show. I was pleasantly surprised that no one got a perfect score. Hopefully you enjoyed the first show and I keep y'all interested.

That was my first time doing predictions. My heart betrayed my on Skye Hermosa. I just wanted her to win.

• Like 1

Great first show! Happy LA Stars got the win. Interesting to see you push Phil Anders that early but it makes sense if you see him and Pryde as future major players in the company. Can’t wait for the next show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Prediction Results

1. Leion - ⅘
  2. Moafnsteel - ⅘
  3. Ptbova - ⅘
  4. Kanegan - ⅘
  5. Arwink - ⅘
  6. Doctor Crunch - ⅘
  7. KyTeran - ⅗
  8. DinoKEa - ⅗
  9. DarK_RaideR - ⅗
  10. Marmo - ⅗
  11. Falling_star - ⅖
  12. StanMiguel - ⅖
  13. Angeldelayette - ⅖
  14. Aaron07 - ⅕
  15. Midnightnick - ⅕

Not bad for being away for a bit. Great show! Based on the brackets there are some interesting options for your first champions.

• Like 1

Template

image.jpeg
Thursday, January 13, 2022
The Ryan Hotel, St. Louis, Missouri
Predictions

MWCW's flagship broadcast Wrestling at the Ryan debuts this Thursday, January 13, on Griffin Sports Mid West. After a very well-received kickoff show on All Midwestern Wrestling, Midwest Championship Wrestling looks to capitalize on the momentum with a blockbuster card featuring three very competitive match ups with some of the best independent wrestlers in North America.

Main Event
Tag Team Match
TV Time Remaining
National Tag Team Title Tournament
Opening Round
Ace Youngblood & Wild Red Stallion vs. Shady K & Lead Belly
Preview: The number one seed in the tournament, Shady K and Lead Belly make their tag team debut on Wrestling at the Ryan. Both men are part of longtime tag teams, but both men also find their partners signed to exclusive deals with USPW and they're on the outside looking in and both men having something to prove with the fact that they were signed. Youngblood and Stallion are coming off their six-man loss at All Midwestern Wrestling and are also making their tag team debut. Youngblood is no stranger to take team wrestling; however, as he has held tag team titles with Max Mayhem and Bradley Blaze. Can he captain his team to a shocking win here or will the number one seed show why they were given such a vaunted position?

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
National Heavyweight Title Tournament
Opening Round
Luis Montero Jr. vs. "The East Side Assassin" Sayeed Ali
Preview: Luis Montero Jr. is a well respected name in lucha libre and was one of the most consistent wrestlers in OLLIE over the past two decades, but the eldest son of the legendary Luis Montero Sr. was never quite able to break out as a singles wrestler. Sayeed Ali is one of the most unpredictable men in wrestling and has been carving people up in Pittsburg Steel Wrestling since the collapse of 4C. Both men are looking to "break out" despite being veterans of the sport. Both are looking to prove that they belong at the top of every card in North America and this first time ever match up promises to be one of the most interesting match ups you'll find anywhere.

Opening Match
Six-Woman Tag Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, & Skye Hermosa vs. Thea Davis, Honey Badger, and Joy Ryder
Preview: This opening six-woman tag team match previews two of the first round match ups of the National Women's Title Tournament, with Felica Luck and Honey Badger scheduled to wrestle at MWCW Live, as are Coco Malloy and Thea Davis. Joy Ryder and Skye Hermosa both came up short in their first round match ups and are looking to rebound here. The women's division in MWCW is wide open at this point and all six women are looking to make claims as being the head of the pack.

Quick Predictions:
Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, & Skye Hermosa vs. Thea Davis, Honey Badger, and Joy Ryder

• Like 5

Main Event
Tag Team Match
TV Time Remaining
National Tag Team Title Tournament
Opening Round

Singles Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit
National Heavyweight Title Tournament
Opening Round

Opening Match
Six-Woman Tag Match
Twenty Minute Time Limit

Yeah, I didn't do well on the first go-round.  But, hopefully, that means I just step up my game this time around.  A great first show, Historian.  Looking forward to the next one.

Another one where I'm probably wrong, but I will be leaning into The Pride throughout this diary.

Sayeed Ali is the obvious choice in this one.

Either side could win this one, so this is mostly just a guess.

MWCW Wrestling at the Ryan Predictions

Ace Youngblood & Wild Red Stallion def. Shady K & Lead Belly

Sayeed Ali def. Luis Montero Jr.

Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck & Skye Hermosa def. Thea Davis, Honey Badger & Joy Ryder

Ace Youngblood & Wild Red Stallion vs. Shady K & Lead Belly
Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, & Skye Hermosa vs. Thea Davis, Honey Badger, and Joy Ryder

Ace Youngblood & Wild Red Stallion vs. Shady K & Lead Belly- get your guys some pop and momentum. 

Luis Montero Jr. vs. "The East Side Assassin" Sayeed Ali- I think he will win the whole tournament. 

Coco Malloy, Felicia Luck, & Skye Hermosa vs. Thea Davis, Honey Badger, and Joy Ryder - toss up but I think the heels need the win with shenanigans.