[BETA] Territory Daze

About ECWA, I too didn't believe it was founded in 1967 until I did some digging and apparently it was 'founded' in 1967 by a 13 year-old Jimmy Kettner as a backyard fed where him and his friends wrestled on a house rug and imitated wrestlers they had seen at the Philadelphia Arena. So technically ECWA was founded when Kettner said it was, but it defiantly wasn't a legit company at the time. Apparently he started running spot shows in the early 80's as East Coast Wrestling Semi-Pro Wrestling and rebranded some time between then and 1990 to ECWA.

• Like 5

On 8/3/2024 at 10:20 PM, redwalrus said:

I live in Delaware and as much as I have supported ECWA I would have a hard time figuring out how to place it in TEW terms. Before 1992 it would be deemed less than tiny.

Then it would be ranked Insignificant. It exists but isn't really a factor. The other way to do it would be to have it not show up until the 90s, that doesn't mean it isn't around, it just isn't even big enough to be insignificant.

In case you haven't been keeping up with my second post in this topic, things have been progressing steadily:

TEWIX Conversion

• All workers have had their heights added.
  • All workers have had their weights added, including maximum and minimum weights.
  • All workers have had their birth dates modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All workers have had their debut dates modified to match the new calendar system.
  • Where appropriate, workers have had their death dates added.
  • All titles minimum and maximum weights have been modified.
  • All necessary moves have been given descriptions.
  • All necessary Booker/Owner Histories have been added.
  • Used era's to remove written contracts, and subsequently removed all the previous *'d company relationships as they're no longer necessary.
  • All "Other TV Shows" have been modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All "Narratives" have been modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All "Starting Storylines" have been modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All "Stables" have been modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All appropriate "TV Shows" have been modified to take advantage of 'Fix Venue'.
  • All "Mask & Hair Histories" have been modified to match the new calendar system.
  • All "Free Pictures" have been modified to match the new weight system, as well as updated to use the new features.
  • All "Picture Changes" have been modified to ensure dates correctly match up as many birth dates were fixed, as well as updated to use the new features.

New Features

• Updated entire worker picture pack.
  • Added Gulf Athletic Club (Houston).
  • Added Les As De La Lutte (Montreal).
  • Removed "Joint" from job histories and have instead included individual British companies employment histories.
  • Changed Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling and all Japanese promotions to touring companies with touring contracts.
  • Added a handful of "Mask & Hair Histories" and/or corrected those that were already there.

There's still plenty to do, such as:

• The remaining Worker Histories, updating where applicable but mainly modifying to match the new calendar system. [Currently half way done.]
  • Update Companies to make full use of the new features.
  • Add Geo Tags to Events, although this is predominantly waiting on me filling out Company Geo Tags.
  • Modify Graduates to match the new calendar system. [Currently half way done.]
  • Modify Tag Teams to match the new calendar system, and add Move Descriptions where appropriate.
  • Modify Title Lineages to match the new calendar system.
  • Modify Venues And Locations to match the new calendar system, and add Geo Tags.

However, as you can see, that's predominantly calendar related. The modification is fully playable in it's current state. Therefore, I think I'm going to concentrate on doing some final few touches over the next week or so and then send it out to a few people to do some testing for me as I want to make sure things are running smoothly, especially as I can edit financials now and also because I've used touring schedules for the first time. If all that comes back positive, I'll either do a Beta release or finish up the calendar related updates depending on how many of you are fussed about date problems in the short run? Let me know, and I'll let y'all know when I've finished work with my testers. 👍

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, Mammoth said:

In case you haven't been keeping up with my second post in this topic, things have been progressing steadily...

Incredible news and thanks again for working so quickly.

Cant wait to rekindle my quest to take over British Wrestling with one of the regional joint promotions members and end up with a national company vying for global dominance against American counterparts. The balancing act between using Big Daddys Entertainment skills and Star quality to elevate the company without becoming over-reliant and practically killing Britwres in the long-run like in real life should be even more dynamic with TEWIXs new backstage systems

• Like 1

GEO Tags is the new feature that has me the most intrigued. Being able to sub divide a territory like the mid south has been a real killer for territory era mods. I know it might take a few iterations but I look forward to seing how they evolve this mod over time.

Edited by Dolfanar
  • Like 1

I've recently gotten into Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling from the territories, and this mod caught my eye. I'll definitely be looking forward to this! This is like 13 years older than what I've been watching, but I'd like to see what playing along the careers of guys like Bruno Sammartino or a Younger Ric Flair would be like

Edited by Ahmed4040
  • Like 1

I had some doubts if I was actually going to buy this version of TEW, but updating the Territory Daze mod for it made me open the wallet. With the new features I'm looking forward to starting as Fritz on Erich, build up his sons and then hand over the the book to one of them in the mid/late 80s.

Thank you Mammoth for updating this mod for IX.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 6:04 PM, johjo said:

I had some doubts if I was actually going to buy this version of TEW, but updating the Territory Daze mod for it made me open the wallet. With the new features I'm looking forward to starting as Fritz on Erich, build up his sons and then hand over the the book to one of them in the mid/late 80s.

Thank you Mammoth for updating this mod for IX.

I'm in the exact same boat. I haven't bought it yet, but will once the mod is out. That's atleast two TEW IX sales for you Mammoth!

• Thanks 1

Just to keep everyone in the loop, I've now sent out a version of Territory Daze to a selection of people to get some feedback. I apologise to those of you hoping to be chosen that haven't been, but I hope you're not too disheartened. I'm going away for two weeks on Sunday (I'll have my laptop with me but I obviously won't be devoting a whole lot of time to TEW) so I'll then take a week or two to fix any problems and/or add any feedback I'm given by my chosen few, and then hopefully do a wider release of a very early version. Therefore, I think we're definitely looking at mid-September for a release. As I said in a previous post, I can't guarantee that this will come with all necessary date changes but it should be more than playable and give you all a chance to offer criticism and suggestions. I hope you're all still excited, and I hope you're all ready to see an era of professional wrestling come alive in a way that previous iterations of TEW just hasn't managed to replicate. 🙂

• Like 16

Excited that it's getting close! Think I've settled on Australia and WCW for me. Trying to take a blend of Japan and America, with a little home grown sprinkled in too to make Australia the home of "global" wrestling by the time the 80s come around

• Like 3

I’m looking forward to trying this mod for the first time. It’s funny because before i thoroughly read the first post, I had an idea to create a fictional insignificant company based out of the tri state (my home region) and build it from the ground up but ECWA essentially what I’m looking for so thanks for including it.

• Like 2