[Hype] Marmo's C-Verse Expansion

Marmo's C-Verse Expansion

Hey everyone after looking through the TEX IX database I felt had a lack of unsigned talent and especially unsigned women's talent. I want to create a database similar to @willr0ck C-Verse Women's Revolution and @WonkIndian Expansion. 

Goals

- Creating a mod that is cohesive with the C-Verse lore expanding the world a bit deeper while creating interesting and balanced characters. Adding legacy characters and new faces for people to use.

- 4 additional Male workers and 8 additional Female Workers in each of the 8 major regions. (Aiming for 100 new workers!)

-Aiming to have the USA and Japan finished by August 3rd depending on how the renders go if not a release will probably still be made using the default pictures.  

- Unique renders either in the new Realistic C-Verse Style or in the Old C-Verse Style still undecided on which way to go but I have more experience with the old style.

- Open to adding custom promotions if the process goes smoothly

Currently Finished

USA

Canada

Mexico

UK

Europe

Japan

Oceania

India

Thank you so much for reading this and if you have any ideas for workers or would like to help with creating renders don't be afraid to message me. Right now I'm doing this as a creative outlet and passion project for the C-Verse so I would love any help I can get. :)

The order for implementation is

1) Moves

2) Movesets

3) Workers

4) Worker Relationships

5) Tag Teams

Data: TEW9 (mediafire.com)

Graphics: People (mediafire.com)

Edited by Marmo
  • Like 13

Thanks so much for the name drop!

Good luck with this. I won't be updating my India one, so feel free to help yourself to anyone / anything in it that might be useful.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wonk said:

Thanks so much for the name drop!

Good luck with this. I won't be updating my India one, so feel free to help yourself to anyone / anything in it that might be useful.

Thank you for the India mod! It was a must-have in my C-Verse saves to expand the world up!

I might take you up on the offer once I get to India right now I'm just finishing up US workers which thankfully I'm almost done excluding renders!

• Like 1

I (like most) am very disappointed that it feels like yet again women in the cverse are an afterthought, so I'm always happy to hear somebody adding some much needed depth. best of luck with this!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blessed said:

I (like most) am very disappointed that it feels like yet again women in the cverse are an afterthought, so I'm always happy to hear somebody adding some much needed depth. best of luck with this!

Same with me I thought we were gonna get at least one more Women's Promotion in Japan or Mexico and an influx of women's talent. I am happy about the new LGBTQ representation added though. Hopefully, this lives up to the standards set by the 2020 expansions.

Almost done with the US region. Have all the characters planned out but have to finish writing the biographies and balancing stats. But I have found a render style I like for realistic pictures. So for now I will go with that to match the Vanilla C-Verse base and then go back in at a later date to make Alts that match the old C-Verse. Here is a preview of 2 of the workers being added so far and the style I am going for.

Preview

Talanoa

Talanoa.jpg.57ee6c88c005fb2e7473304a972d9f22.jpg

The Tongan War Machine Talanoa is the newest of Pacific Islanders joining the wrestling world and making a statement. Born in Mu’a a small town in Eastern Tonga the massive Talanoa was always getting into trouble from vandalism to going on joyrides with his friends. Talanoa took this one step too far when a robbery gone wrong caused the young Tongan to have a shotgun pointed in his face and barely escaped jail time due to his father's intervention. Talanoa's parents knew to get him out of Tonga and shipped him off to live with his Uncle Curtis in Connecticut. With his new life in the States Tala began working as a bouncer at only 19 due to his imposing size and freakish strength. This is where he was scouted by a backyard wrestling promoter in the region lying to Talanoa that he had connections to SWF and RIPW. With these promises, Tala began training with local independent talent and learning the ropes quickly making his debut in 2021 doing a freakish Split Leg Moonsault.

Vanessa Soto

VanessaSoto.jpg.60267c84ce45b548de85d9e96bf7e30c.jpg

A former rising star in the MMA world "La Puma" Vanessa Soto was on her way to becoming one of the greatest female fighters in MMA History before snapping her ankle while sparring before her first championship match. During physical therapy, Soto met Mexico’s Finest who was taking care of his abuela after a hip replacement. The two clicked and Soto was talked into appearing at GSW as a special guest of Los Guerrilleros. She was hooked on the violence from that day and began training with Mexico's Finest during her spare time. In 2019 Vanessa retired from MMA, never making a complete recovery from her injury so she switched to wrestling full-time time using her fame to wrestle across the independent scene while also being an unofficial member of Los Guerrilleros. Her S.T.N acronym stands for Snap, Tap, and Nap the words she lived by during her MMA years. Now Soto seems primed to take the next step in her career but will she be given the chance?

• Like 9

Update

All the biographies and workers in the USA are finished minus the renders. Which so far I am very happy with.

I do wonder if you guys prefer the C-Verse blue backgrounds or the new C-Verse black/grey backgrounds. 

Here are two examples of what I mean. 

BaileyMcCoy.jpg.7f04938969aef7396cad6b1fe879f0aa.jpgBaileyMcCoy_alt.jpg.9c20c495cc119c8d05105da00b9d9362.jpg

It's a little switch so let me know if you prefer one to the other :)

7 minutes ago, Marmo said:

Update

All the biographies and workers in the USA are finished minus the renders. Which so far I am very happy with.

I do wonder if you guys prefer the C-Verse blue backgrounds or the new C-Verse black/grey backgrounds. 

BaileyMcCoy.jpg.7f04938969aef7396cad6b1fe879f0aa.jpgBaileyMcCoy_alt.jpg.9c20c495cc119c8d05105da00b9d9362.jpg

Personally I'd prefer the Blue.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Update

-USA Renders are complete might release a small beta later today with only the USA expansion to see how it runs for people and get any feedback.

-Here are some of my favorite workers in the USA

-Working on Japan as we speak

Preview

Khutulun

Khutulun.jpg.bce16ba7dbffc57ead8a007eda4167cb.jpg

The daughter of hardcore icon Genghis Rahn and the female Mongolian shot put champion, Khutulun is just as imposing as her father with an even larger mean streak. Even at a young age, Khutulun was just bigger than the other kids she grew up around. This led her to being a bit of a bully in her youth especially when her dad introduced her to Rugby. As the biggest girl, she was a ruthless Prop decimating opposing kids in the greater Arizona region. This mean streak continued until her father introduced her to Juliette King who took a liking to the young girl and took her under her wing. With Khutulun being rejected from the USA U-18 team for Rugby due to attitude problems she has decided to take her father up on his offer and join the wrestling business. Going by only her first name now Khutulun has made a strong impression on the wrestling world debuting with a win over Remmy Sky after her dad cashed in an old favor.

Laila Essex

LailaEssex.jpg.b3c5f67adc1076e93b872ba9a9c24e8b.jpg

The Jamaican Volleyball sensation Laila Essex was scouted by Hardcore Killah during a charity volleyball event in Detroit Michigan. Laila who had no interest in wrestling had accepted a scholarship to the University of Miami when Hardcore Killah started communicating with her. After riding the bench at Miami for 2 seasons Laila transferred to Flint College a D2 in Michigan where Hardcore Killah again began scouting the athlete. After 2 mediocre seasons, Laila retired from volleyball and took Killah up on his offer after taking her to see a USPW show in the area and selling her on the idea that Laila was next up. Essex was not a natural to the squared circle but she did enough with her size and microphone skills to get ahead. Hardcore Killah continues to sing her praises as the next generation of the Women's Revolution, but many skeptics still oppose this claim.

The Great Taino

TheGreatTaino.jpg.cc6c685a3309fcf112cbbfe316c6613e.jpg

The Great Taino(Jose Cuentas) is a Puerto Rican high flier who draws inspiration from The Great Hisato. Taino uses an exhilarating high-flying style with his Taino Cutter who has taken down stars from Hector Galindo to Kid San Juan. Taino has big aspirations of working the Japanese independent scene. A direct descendant of Taino high chief Agüeybaná Jose already has started to build up a cult following in his homeland of Puerto Rico causing FCW Owner Puerto Rican Power to applaud the young man's skills. Will Taino be a future major player for FCW or will the lure of Japanese drive him away?

Edited by Marmo
  • Like 3

On 8/1/2024 at 6:34 AM, Marmo said:

Update

I would prefer the new default dark backgrounds so I can just include it in the current database with less work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marmo said:

Khutulun

Khutulun.jpg.bce16ba7dbffc57ead8a007eda4167cb.jpg

The daughter of hardcore icon Genghis Rahn and the female Mongolian shot put champion, Khutulun is just as imposing as her father with an even larger mean streak. Even at a young age, Khutulun was just bigger than the other kids she grew up around. This led her to being a bit of a bully in her youth especially when her dad introduced her to Rugby. As the biggest girl, she was a ruthless Prop decimating opposing kids in the greater Arizona region. This mean streak continued until her father introduced her to Juliette King who took a liking to the young girl and took her under her wing. With Khutulun being rejected from the USA U-18 team for Rugby due to attitude problems she has decided to take her father up on his offer and join the wrestling business. Going by only her first name now Khutulun has made a strong impression on the wrestling world debuting with a win over Remmy Sky after her dad cashed in an old favor.

Absolutely love this idea, probably one of my favorite "new people" from any expansion to date.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2024 at 3:34 PM, Marmo said:

Personally, I don't have a strong preference, but I would like all pictures to have a (somewhat) uniform background, so unless there are definite plans for all the new standard pictures to be re-released on the blue background (which there might be, I just don't know) I'd opt for the black one to fit in with the regular batch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

USA Beta Release

Hey everybody here is the USA Beta release expansion this includes 13 workers(8 Female and 5 Male)

This is my first real mod so there might be issues with the balancing of the workers so let me know if there are any issues like workers' skills being too low or too high. 

Right now sticking with C-Verse Blue for backgrounds but will make another pack with C-Verse black/gray later. 

The order for implementation is

1) Moves

2) Movesets

3) Workers

4) Worker Relationships

5) Tag Teams

Let me know what you think and what I can improve on! :) Thank you so much for the support as well from everybody you have been great at keeping me motivated. 8 workers left for Japan to be finished!

Graphics: People USA Expansion (mediafire.com)

Edited by Marmo
  • Like 4

Update

Almost done with the Japanese expansion just finishing pictures. 

- Will work on Mexico or the British Isles next

- Will start working on incorporating C.R.O.W(Championship Revolution Osaka Wrestling) into the expansion. Along with starting a diary with the promotion. Thank you to @Rainmaker for the logo and banner he does amazing work!

Preview

Obasi Okoro

ObasiOkoro.jpg.03fc304ab4412983f09bffc433cf1bfa.jpg

Born to Nigerian Immigrants living in Osaka Japan Obasi didn't see himself as different from any of his peers. Speaking in an Osaka dialect and playing on every sports team he could from Soccer, Baseball, and even Judo Obasi was seen as an athletic prodigy entering high school. This was when Obasi ran into trouble with some bullies attacking one of his classmates with Obasi springing into action to neutralize the threat. This got Obasi suspended from school but it did make him a friend in Tenya Hamacho the son of Eiji Hamacho. Obasi who had never watched wrestling before began going to BHOTWG shows with Tenya. Eiji saw potential in Obasi and began training both him and his son Tenya in 2020 taking a full 2 years to teach the boys the ropes making them a polished unit called Osaka-100. Obasi is the powerhouse of the unit using his athleticism and stiff strong strikes to overpower his opponents

Rumble Hayata

RumbleHayata.jpg.d7948fda258687f640b444a893afbf50.jpg

Rumble Girl Hayata is one of the two students trained by Joshi legend Jaguar Endo. The two girls were put through the ringer by the Joshi legend by taking stiff kicks as punishment to begin forced to pull all-nighters in the ring this only strengthened the bond between both girls. Hachisuka and Hayata grew up together in Kyoto fans of legendary 5SSW Tag Teams the Rumble Jungle have taken inspiration from carnival strongwomen of the past. With a unique look compared to other modern-day Joshi, the Rumble girls are a throwback team that is gonna make waves throughout Japan with their stiff clothesline and menacing aura. Hayata has lofty goals of being a major star in America specifically for USPW where she wants to wrestle Alicia Strong.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

USA and Japan Beta Release

Hey everybody here is the USA & Japan Beta release expansion this includes 25 workers(16 Female and 9 Male)

The order for implementation is

1) Moves

2) Movesets

3) Workers

4) Worker Relationships

5) Tag Teams

Thank you so much for your continued support let me know if there are any problems with the data! :)

Next, I will be working on Mexico and adding 2 custom promotions C.R.O.W and one TBA

Graphics: People (mediafire.com)

Edited by Marmo
  • Like 3

On 8/2/2024 at 12:08 PM, d12345 said:

I would prefer the new default dark backgrounds so I can just include it in the current database with less work.

I originally would have voted for the dark backgrounds, because I DO like consistency, but after playing the full version, the default pictures aren't consistent with it. In addition to the black background, I've seen varying shades of grey, and at least one blue and black.

Anyway, definitely keeping an eye on this. There's a distinct lack of masked female wrestlers in the C-Verse, so fingers crossed that gets addressed.