1963: The Era of Traditional

Guest .SVA

[B]1963[/B]. [FONT="Arial"]A-midst in wrestling's first golden era. The WWWF have just begun operating ong their own, but are meeting hard competition from the AWA, the nationas biggest independent promotion. Though AWA is rapidly gaining momentum, the NWA are still superior and acts as "police-men" of the wrestling world, promoting several companies all over the US. Will the NWA gain true domination? Who knows. Both the WWWF and the AWA are hard fighters. The Canadian wrestling history ain't as glamorous yet, with only Calgary Stampede Wrestling really known. It is run by Stu Hart and the famous Hart family. Will there be more Canadian promotions to take up arms against Stampede Wrestling? Definately. As Wrestling is approaching a boom period. In Japan, the news spread of the passing of the great Rikidozan. Though his legacy will never be forgotten, becuase he has left behind several students, like Antonio Inoki and Giant Baba. Will they both reach the greatness that they crave for? Maybe. One day, both of these men will be legends among legends. Mexico's stars are only known there. No Mexican wrestler has yet to debut in a US promotion. Which suits everybody fine. Lucha Libre is widely known in Mexico, because of the efforts of Gory Guerrero, the most famous star in all of Mexico. But other future stars are training hard to comprehend with Gory GUerrero. Stars like Mil Mascaras. Who will Gory Guerrero pass the torch to? There are many candidates; Blue Demon is the top draw for that now.[/FONT] [QUOTE][B]Current Promotions:[/B] [QUOTE][I]US:[/I] American Wrestling Association Championship Wrestling from Florida NWA: Jim Crockett Promotions NWA: Pacific Northwest Wrestling NWA: Tri-State Wrestling World Wide Wrestling Federation[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Canada:[/I] Calgary Stampede Wrestling NWA: Maple Leaf Wrestling[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Mexico:[/I] (None yet)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Japan:[/I] (None yet)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]United Kingdom:[/I] (None yet)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Europe:[/I] (None yet)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Curret Workers[/B] [I](Based on Nationality)[/I]: [QUOTE][I]US:[/I] [B]15[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Canada:[/I] [B]5[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Mexico:[/I] [B]1[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Japan:[/I] (None yet)[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]United Kingdom:[/I] [B]1[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Europe:[/I] [B]1[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][I]Australian:[/I] [B]1[/B][/QUOTE][/QUOTE] The lists above will be updated, as I create the scenario. If anyone has any inqueries or would like to help with information, they are welcome to send a PM or post in this thread. [SIZE="4"][B][U]CURRENTLY WORKING ON[/U]:[/B][/SIZE] Workers wrestling in US and Canadian promotions.

I imagine you'll be creating an entirely new moves database for this, correct? I would think that using any other set of moves (default, etc.) would kind of defeat the purpose to such a historical scenario. And who was part of the not-yet-famous Hart family in 1963? ;) Seriously - good luck with this. Sounds like a mega project.

Mwah, thank you. Well, I don't imagine that amount of wrestlers are overly great, considering that wrestling in the 60's was based on skills and not on entertainment values. About the moves, I wondered if I could use some of your database's move stats? Of course only if it's okay. I've alredy done a few trademark moves myself, but the amount of moves are pretty great considering the level of skill wrestlers had. They did'nt have a "Great Khali moveset" (4 moves). The Hart Family. Ooops. :p [SIZE=1](Hey, I needed cheap pop for my scenario!)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Capelli King]I think the idea of a 1963 scenario is great. I always liked the idea of creating my own "history". I hope you go all the way and actually finish this one, good luck![/QUOTE] Thanks for the motivational post. BTW; I've created five movesets so far.

Absolutely fantastic idea;The only downside of DOTT(though its no fault of D.Boon)is there are quite a few guys I'd love to play as but by the 80's they were on the tail end of careers,so as not as good as they once were.I am really looking forward to being able to play as some of the all-time greats in their prime.....especially Ray Stevens. Now all I'll need is a 70's scenario.:)

This one absolutely stole my breath. I love the 60s and 70s and always missed to do the superstar challenge with a young and fresh Lou Thesz or a Bruno Sammartino or Buddy Rogers at his peak. It´s beside the D.O.T.T. the coolest thing ever happenend to a Ryland Game! You´ve got my support if its needed!

Not to completely break you anxiousness, but by 1963 Lou Thesz had just came out of retirement to do a new run as the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, after a lengthy pause on thsi project,I announce that I re-assume it as of.. NOW! Currently there are 25 workers, 4 movesets, 8 promotions, 3 tag teams and 12 championships.

I could help you creating movesets and stuff. In the 70s you could ask me nearly every question but I´m not that sure about the 60s stuff. The problem is I´m now on vacation and after that school begins already.

Archived