Steel City Smash x6

Blood & Gore

Steel City Smash x6

Endgame

Pittsburgh 

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I don't have everything completely ready to go yet, but a segment on my first show is dependent on the answer to this poll.

EDIT: Ok so I was not aware that Typeform only gives me 10 responses on the free plan. I log on thinking ok, even though there's free options available on other sites if this is say £3 a month I might just be lazy and sign up. The CHEAPEST option is £22 a month! And that might have not given me enough responses. So let's just say this first poll was a super exclusive one. Going forward there will be polls a plenty, open to all. 

P.S I'd be remiss if I didn't give a mention to @WalterSobchak as the majority of the renders and logos used in this will be his. I believe any of the others are either from @QFresh or my own but if I've missed anyone's work do let me know!

Edited by christmas_ape
  • Like 3

Interested to hear how people find this method of uploading. I'm pretty set on sticking with making my shows in google sheets so I won't be posting directly onto the forums, but then DocDroid that I've always used is now no longer free. 

How does this look for people? I think if you're viewing it on phones will need to actually click it to read it in it's own tab. But hopefully it's accessible enough.

31 minutes ago, christmas_ape said:

Interested to hear how people find this method of uploading. I'm pretty set on sticking with making my shows in google sheets so I won't be posting directly onto the forums, but then DocDroid that I've always used is now no longer free. 

How does this look for people? I think if you're viewing it on phones will need to actually click it to read it in it's own tab. But hopefully it's accessible enough.

Works for me! I thought about weekly shows but chickened out when I saw the roster! Looking forward to see what you do with it

Preview

With Devil May Care set to challenge The Blood Soldiers at New Years Revolution, Acid II has a good chance to get the upperhand when he squares off against ZomBoy. 

The Latino Kings and Samoan Destruction Inc have not crossed paths since the Kings arrived in PSW 2 years ago but this is about to change as Rudy Velasquez will take on Rhino Umaga. 

The first main event of Steel City Smash unsurprisingly features 'The Assassin of the Squared Circle' Ernest Youngman. As advertised the show is giving a big opportunity for somebody to step up and make a name for themselves. 

Prediction Card PSW Steel City Smash Episode 1

Acid II vs ZomBoy

Rudy Velasquez vs Rhino Umaga

Jebediah vs Ernest Youngman

Bonus Point (closest to) Show Grade: 

• Like 2

On 8/4/2024 at 8:50 PM, jcarmjn said:

Works for me! I thought about weekly shows but chickened out when I saw the roster! Looking forward to see what you do with it

I know what you mean, my plan is for the weekly show to be a pretty short watch/read. The focus will still be mostly on the 'special events' but I'm hoping the TV shows will speed up pop growth/help give time for more storylines. 

One negative is it will slow me down, you could half way through the year by the time I'm done with the starting storylines!

Also a little worried about finances but I'm taping 3 shows at a time, in my test run I only lost a couple thousands in January so I think it'll be sustainable. 

• Like 1

Acid II vs ZomBoy - Levels, although I think he's been nerfed a bit in this version

Rudy Velasquez vs Rhino Umaga - This one's the most difficult to pick by far, Umaga's decent especially with Machine but he's a physical wreck so I'm going Rudy

Jebediah vs Ernest Youngman -  With the right opponent, Jebediah can really go, and this is the right opponent.

Show Grade: 60

56 minutes ago, christmas_ape said:

I know what you mean, my plan is for the weekly show to be a pretty short watch/read. The focus will still be mostly on the 'special events' but I'm hoping the TV shows will speed up pop growth/help give time for more storylines. 

One negative is it will slow me down, you could half way through the year by the time I'm done with the starting storylines!

Also a little worried about finances but I'm taping 3 shows at a time, in my test run I only lost a couple thousands in January so I think it'll be sustainable. 

Yeah same really, I've written round it a bit to justify just doing one Steel City Smash a month then I'll probably do more as I get a better idea of the characters, treating the events like PPVs. I've just played through my first show and I think you could be pleasantly surprised...

Looking forward to this. Haven't looked into TEW IX much yet, so could be way off with this. Big fan of the format however.

Acid II vs ZomBoy

Bonus Point (closest to) Show Grade: 47

2 hours ago, 20LEgend said:

Looking forward to this. Haven't looked into TEW IX much yet, so could be way off with this. Big fan of the format however.

Acid II vs ZomBoy

Bonus Point (closest to) Show Grade: 47

Good to see you back on the boards. I did think when TEW IX was announced that I bet you weren't aware as I haven't seen you post on here or YT for a while. I only found out because I happened to log in to check but after how long the dev journal was to find out there was a new game AND it the beta was out that week was a real surprise. 

Might we see something from you on here or youtube soon? 

Show will likely be posted tomorrow. I've just about finished the second show and my hope is to stay one ahead. In theory I agree with @The Lloyd and his aim of being like 8 weeks ahead of posting obviously works well for him/results in longevity, but I do like there being a closeness between what I'm writing and the feedback I'm getting. 

Well that and I'm just too impatient and began this before I had a backlog of shows written up. That's probably the bigger reason... 

I'm very happy with the format of the shows though, I've spent the last week getting everything set on the visual side of things and getting templates made so now the actual show writing feels a streamlined process. 

• Like 2

To back up the other comments, the Prologue was great both visually and as a scene-setter. I loved your FCW dynasty (I know I was already late to the party and missed others before I joined) so I'm certain this is going to be similarly compelling.

It's also interesting reading your thoughts on how far ahead to write. With my three DIW Alt22 years, I didn't start each thread until I had 20+ posts written, which worked in motivating me to finish each year and being able to post at a regular rate, but you're right that you can't be as reactive to ideas and feedback, making it a bit less interactive. Similarly, I wrote the first 31 parts of a DAVID dynasty (doomed DAVE revival company in the Alt22 mod) over Christmas but burnt out before posting anything, whereas if I'd posted sooner and anyone was engaging with it, it might've motivated me to get further. Anyway, sorry for the tangent, I just found it fascinating to read a Hall of Fame writer's perspective on this 🏆 Really looking forward to the first show.

Edited by 619
  • Like 1

Absolutely right, it's about finding the right balance. I don't think I'll be 8 weeks ahead in my current diary - more like 4... It just gives me a few shows 'in the can', ready to post, so if I have writer's block, or am extremely busy, I can still post and keep the momentum, and not have people lose interest... or lose interest myself.

I think with my 21CW brand split diary, I was regularly 6-7 weeks ahead, and since there were two shows a week plus a PPV every 3-4 weeks, I ended up having 15+ shows written up, so a long time for people to see their personal changes come to fruition (in booking prizes I give out, or polls/feedback etc). I'm a big believer in listening to readers who like a certain character, or story, and giving that person or story more time - which is hard to do when you're too far ahead for sure. But it does seem to help with longevity.

• Like 1

You just love to see it!! Great layout and format.

Ali has been good for me in the past, so I hope he can for you too!

Already like Austin Smooth a lot here! and there were some great one liners from Smooth, Pinn and Ali.

Excellent work.