WWE: The Renaissance Era [Challenge Run]

WWE: The Renaissance Era [Challenge Run]

wwe.png.f453af8e5f5bc5866ad84796ca52da79.png

'I’ve heard it coined as the Renaissance Era, and I really like that outlook on it," 

"For me, as a wrestler, I’m most excited that we no longer have to stand in the shadow of the Attitude Era because of the last two years we’ve done better business than they ever did — and they did exceptional, unbelievable, amazing business.

"I’m only making comparisons on a black-and-white level, dollars and cents, in terms of what WWE’s been able to do over the last two years.

"I mentioned Renaissance because of all the things we’re trying, the changing of the programming and also the characters. They now appeal differently. Every year has its signature thing. There was Hulkamania — eat your vitamins and say your prayers. There was the Attitude Era — the (Jerry) Springer-type crash TV. Now, we have more, reach-across-the-aisle and connect-to-the-audience-type relatable superstars.

"We still have larger than life, no doubt, but that’s all going into this very, like I said, Renaissance Era." - Cody Rhodes

Start Date: August 5, 2024, 48 Hours after Summerslam 2024

[OOK] : As WWE enters a turning point in it's latest era at the same time as a new TEW release, I thought there was no time as good as now to start a new TEW save. For as many diaries as there are on the GDS forums, people rarely try and tackle a WWE save. Inspired by the awesome work of @Pipers Pitand @Kimberly on WWE: Playing The Game as well as the Youtube challenge runs by ConnelTEW and MatthewGCW, I figured I'd give it a go. 

Similar to challenge runs in video form, I would love to base much of my booking on goals given to me by readers / watchers. So, if you have any goals in the format of 

PUSHES: 

CHAMPIONSHIP GOALS: 

STORYLINE GOALS:

MATCH GOALS:

THEMED SHOW GOALS: 

PUNISHMENTS:

Let me have em! Anything is on the table from outlandish gimmick ideas to well-deserved pushes. 

I'm super excited to get started, and I look forward to kicking things off once the new release of the RWC comes out!

• Like 4

Good luck doing WWE on TEW it is always a challenge (atleast for me) and alot of work (I normally do it with a friend one brand each) As for goals I would say let John Cena win one last world championship and give Finn Balor a proper World Championship run (I will always remember him being robbed of his Universal run)

Edited by Powerbrock100
  • Like 1

Okay 10 things - choose whichever appeals if any (some might not be possible) - I've included signing people which may or may not be possible)

Surprise everyone by having Grayson Waller turn face instead of Austin Theory and then push Waller for the mid card title.  Have LA Knight turn heel now that he has a belt.

Reform the Way with Gargano, Ciampa, Indy, Candace and Theory

Sign at least one of Omega, Osprey, Okada or MJF when they become available (may not be possible depending on contracts)

Sign all 4 House of Black members (may not be possible dependign on contracts)

Call-up The Chase University people.

Sign a transwoman to NXT (theres a few to choose from and the WWE will inevitibly do it)

Sign Robbie Eagles when he becomes available and bring back TMDK (may not be possible depending on contracts) 

Sign every member of the Samoan extended family you can find.  (which is sort of happening)

Bring back traditional Survivor Series 4 v 4 or 5 v 5 matches

Re-Sign Matt Cardona & Steph De Lander (may not be possible depending on contracts)

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1

I have another one:

Fire Logan Paul.

11 hours ago, Rhaums said:
  • Maybe add women's midcard titles on the main roster

I also co-sign this, but I feel like WWE should introduce new ideas for a Women's Midcard Title instead of the "women's intercontinental". I feel like that's lazy. In my TEW WWE save, I made the Diva's championship the Women's midcard title. At least that's not "the men's title but with a white strap"

Edited by EthanTheRenegade
  • Like 1

Push Jey Uso and have him win his first singles championship

Let Meiko Satomura have some main roster matches before her retirement

Have Randy Orton snap and turn heel after a major loss (he's so much better as a heel IMO)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dawn said:

Damn, I see the rest of the boards isn't on the Johnny Drip Drip train :( 

Honestly I wouldn't mind him coming back and working with Miz and Truth in a stable, maybe Taya too, those people can play comedy pretty well and Morrison and Truth both being a little dim might work really well with Miz gettign frustrated with the two of them.  I think his age is against a major push at this point - he still looks good and LA Knight proved it can happen but it's the exception rather than the rule.

On 8/8/2024 at 4:30 AM, alpha2117 said:

So real life then

They are pushed hard, but would they qualify for 'major star' right now? I don't think so.

Try to get a 90+ match with an NXT call up, might be a bit more of a challenge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blodyxe said:

They are pushed hard, but would they qualify for 'major star' right now? I don't think so.

Try to get a 90+ match with an NXT call up, might be a bit more of a challenge

I meant they are both being pushed towards major stardom 

90+ with an NXT call-up is tough - Trick Williams v John Cena or Roman Reigns might do it depending on the set up for Trick.  You'd really almost have to get a Great Chemistry Roll.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 2

As I continue to wait for the next version of RWC to drop, I wanna say thank you for the kind words, and the creative goals! 

I’ve already started brainstorming the first several months of booking in my head and hope to cross a couple goals off in the near future. 

I tend to abandon saves pretty quickly, and am a people pleaser at heart, so if you have any more goals or punishments on your mind, keep em coming! The more wish fulfillment I have to remind myself to do, the more invested I’ll be in this save haha. 

Hope you’re all having an awesome weekend.  Can’t wait to get the first show up super soon! :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Popping in real quick again just to say that this is still gonna go down. That being said, last I heard, RWC won't get it's first release until September, so the diary will actual start the night after Bash in Berlin. Obviously a different set up that what I imagined, but a good one nonetheless. 

• Like 1