WWE SmackDown! - Beyond The Bash

[CENTER][IMG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7623/smackdowncj9.jpg[/IMG] [b] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="4"]"Beyond The Bash"[/center][/b][/color][/SIZE] I've decided to do my own diary. Seeing as SmackDown! is my favorite brand, RAW is way to overcrowded and we don't get to see ECW in Australia, I've chosen to take control of the SmackDown! brand. I'll keep it true to the real-life SmackDown! at the beginning, meaning no Henry, Lashley, Khali for now and I'll "officially" begin tomorrow after the Great American Bash is finished, I'll use those results in my game. (Meaning if Booker wins, he'll begin as World Heavyweight Champion in my game.) I also would like to keep it semi-realistic. Yes, I'll bring in some people that would most likely never step foot in a WWE ring again (or just fullstop...) But I don't want the show dominated by people like Hogan, Rock, Austin, Lesnar, Sting, etc. I'm using the roster split version of TCP's update, just in case anyone was wondering. So this first post will have all the "information", meaning the roster, champions, events, etc. This will be updated whenever it's needed. (BTW this took me a fair amount of time... So if there are any errors at all, please point them out as I'm sure there are a couple.) Any suggestions are welcome, too. [b][u]Champions -[/b][/u] [IMG]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/7544/worldheavyweightob2.jpg[/IMG] [b][u]World Heavyweight Championship[/b][/u] [b]Current Champion: [i]King Booker July 23, 2006 - ???[/b] Rey Mysterio (April 2, 2006 - July 23, 2006)[/i] [IMG]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5571/wweunitedstatesfv8.jpg[/IMG] [b][u]WWE United States Championship[/b][/u] [b]Current Champion: [i]Tatanka August 20, 2006 - ???[/b] Finlay (July 11, 2006 - August 20, 2006)[/i] [IMG]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9899/wwetagteamvo4.jpg[/IMG] [b][u]WWE Tag Team Championship[/b][/u] [b]Current Champions: [i]London and Kendrick (Paul London & Brian Kendrick) May 21, 2006 - ???[/i][/b] [IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/761/wwecruiserweightuk1.jpg[/IMG] [b][u]WWE Cruiserweight Championship[/b][/u] [b]Current Champion: [i]Gregory Helms January 29, 2006 - ???[/i][/b] [b][u]Active Talent -[/b][/u] [B]Men -[/B] [i]Batista [COLOR="Red"]Bobby Lashley[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i]Brian Kendrick Chavo Guerrero [COLOR="Red"]Chris Benoit[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i]Daivari[/i] - Managing The Great Khali [i]Finlay Funaki Gregory Helms [COLOR="Red"]Hardcore Holly[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i][COLOR="Red"]Jake[/i] - Inactive[/COLOR] [i]Jamie Noble [COLOR="Red"]Jesse[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i][COLOR="Red"]Joey Mercury[/i] - Inactive[/COLOR] [i]Mr. (Ken) Kennedy Kid Kash King Booker Little Bastard [COLOR="Red"]Mark Henry[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i]Matt Hardy [COLOR="Red"]Paul Burchill[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i]Paul London Psicosis Rey Mysterio Scotty 2 Hotty Simon Dean Super Crazy Sylvan Tatanka [COLOR="Red"]The Boogeyman[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i][COLOR="Red"]The Great Khali[/i] - Injured[/COLOR] [i]The Undertaker Vito William Regal[/i] [B]Women -[/B] [i]Ashley Jillian Kristal Michelle McCool Queen Sharmell[/i] [b]Other -[/b] [i]Eric Bischoff - SmackDown! General Manager John "Bradshaw" Layfield - Color Commentator Josh Matthews - Interviewer/Announcer Michael Cole - Announcer Mike "The Miz" Mizanin - SmackDown! "host"/Interviewer Steve Romero- Color Commentator [B][u]Stables -[/B][/u] [b]The King's Court[/b] ([i]King Booker, William Regal, Finlay & Queen Sharmell[/i]) [B][u]Tag Teams -[/B][/u] [b]The Gymini[/b] ([i]Jake & Jesse[/i]) w/Simon Dean - Experience: A* [b]London & Kendrick[/b] ([i]Paul London & Brian Kendrick[/i]) - Experience: C+ [b]The Pitbulls[/b] ([i]Kid Kash & Jamie Noble[/i]) - Experience: E [b][u]Upcoming Events -[/b][/u] [IMG]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5176/3022684zx7.jpg[/IMG] [b]Current Card:[/b] [b]World Champion[/b] Rey Mysterio vs. King Booker [i]King Booker[/i] def. Rey Mysterio to become new World Heavyweight Champion Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy [i]Mr. Kennedy[/i] def. Batista (DQ) Undertaker vs. The Big Show [i](Punjabi Prison Match)[/i] [i]Undertaker[/i] def. ECW Champion Big Show [b]United States Champion[/b] Finlay vs. William Regal [i]Finlay[/i] def. William Regal [b]WWE Tag Team Champions[/b] Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. The Pitbulls [i]Brian Kendrick & Paul London[/i] def. The Pitbulls Four-Way Bra and Panties Match [i]Ashley[/i] def. Kristal, Michelle McCool and Jillian [b]Cruiserweight Champion[/b] Gregory Helms vs. Matt Hardy [i]Gregory Helms[/i] def. Matt Hardy [IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6347/3071514kh3.jpg[/IMG] [b]Current Card:[/b] [b]World Heavyweight Championship[/b] Batista vs. King Booker (c) Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero [i](If Rey Loses, He Must Remove His Mask For Good)[/i] [b]United States Championship[/b] Tatanka vs. Finlay (c) Daivari vs. The Undertaker [i](If Undertaker Doesn't Show, He's Fired)[/i] [b]Cruiserweight Championship[/b] ??? vs. Gregory Helms (c) [i](Open Challenge)[/i] [i]Plus -- The "Bad Guy" Returns[/i]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[IMG]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9311/sdnewsxx0.jpg[/IMG] [b]BREAKING NEWS! -- Teddy Long Released![/b] SDNews.com has learned that the current General Manager of SmackDown!, Theodore "Teddy" Long has been released from his contract. No details on why he was released have surfaced, but we'll inform you as soon as possible on what has happened. It is unknown who will replace Long as GM, but Eric Bischoff is definitely high on the ladder among candidates. Sources tell us that Vince McMahon was, for the most part, pleased with Bischoff's performance as the RAW GM, so chances are he'll be the replacement. Eric Bischoff was last seen WWE television during the December 5th edition of RAW. [b]Khali Injured -- Will Miss Tomorrow's PPV[/b] It appears that The Great Khali has suffered an injury, and won't make it to The Great American Bash. This has yet to be confirmed by WWE.com, but it's widely speculated that The Big Show will take Khali's place on the card. As usual, be sure to stop by SDNews.com for the results as they happen live.

[IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/958/wwesitepq7.jpg[/IMG] [b]Bischoff New SmackDown! GM[/b] In a move that may shock some, and may not surprise others, former RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff has been named as Theodore Long's replacement. WWE.com managed to sit down with Bischoff, who had the following to say: [i]"This is fantastic news, Mr. McMahon made the right decision. I was removed from RAW under extremely unfair circumstances, and I hope to make a huge impact as Smackdown's GM as soon as I can. I'm going to show everyone the old Eric Bischoff. The one that had Vince McMahon sweating buckets just hearing about RAW's ratings against Nitro!"[/i] When asked about any future plans he has for SmackDown!, he just flashed that infamous grin. [i]"All I can say, is be sure to tune into SmackDown! I guarantee it's going to be the best one you've ever seen!"[/i]

Interesting start... I like the name of diary as well for some reason (I think most of the diary names on here, including mine, aren't actually that great). As long as Taker is involved (one of the few WWE guys I genuinely like) I will read avidly. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Thanks, I appreciate that. I thought the title was kinda boring lol but if you like it, that's awesome. As for 'Taker, looking at SD!'s current roster, I'd say he'd HAVE to be involved (even more so than he is currently) for me to keep the SmackDown! ratings up. Not to mention he rocks, and of course he'll be involved ;)

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4792/1257498zr0.jpg[/IMG] [b]Being held at the UCF Arena, a sold-out crowd of 5,000.[/b] [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Welcome everyone to Friday Night SmackDown! Tonight, in a Great American Bash rematch, Gregory Helms takes on Matt Hardy. And in the main event, we'll see former World Heavyweight Champion Rey Mysterio take on Mr. Kennedy." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Ah, music to my ears. [b]Former[/b] World Heavyweight Champion. Speaking of which, let us welcome SmackDown!'s one and only King; King Booker." [b]--------------------[/b] King Booker and his "court" make their way to the ring, complete with the dramatic entrance and constant "all hail King Booker!" by William Regal on the mic. [b]King Booker:[/b] "What did I say? I told you I'd be walking out of The Great American Bash as the World Heavyweight Champion, and I did so. Bow down before your King! But I refuse to be a pathetic Champion like my opponent last night, I am going to defend this thing as often as I can. I will show the world just what a King can do, now bring out my personally [i]hand-picked[/i] opponent!" Booker grins as Funaki's music hits. Finlay laughs while William Regal walks over to King Booker and rubs his shoulders. Sharmell sarcastically acts scared, as does Booker, but the most scared of all looks to be Funaki. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Oh this is real funny!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Shut up Cole! Booker has guts, something you wouldn't know anything about! He could have taken the night off if he wanted, but he decided to stick around and please his fans." King Booker places his hand on Finlay's shoulder. [b]King Booker:[/b] "I appreciate your concern, but I think I've got this one guys." Finlay, still laughing, hops out of the ring and walks right past Funaki and up the aisle to the backstage area. Regal pleads with Booker to let him stay, but King Booker just shakes his head. Sharmell and Regal reluctantly follow Finlay up the aisle. [b]-------------------- Rating: B[/b] [b]-------------------- Singles Match [u]World Heavyweight Championship[/u] King Booker (c) vs. Funaki[/b] Booker makes short work of Funaki, dominating him since he stepped into the ring. King Booker finishes him off with a Scissors Kick in 2:42. Booker makes his first title defence. [b]-------------------- Rating: B-[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] [A plaque on a door that reads "SmackDown! General Manager" appears on screen. Obviously backstage, the camera heads into the room after the door is opened by none other than Eric Bischoff.] [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Welcome." Bischoff flashes that million dollar grin. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "In case your rock doesn't have the internet, I have been named as Theodore Long's replacement. I, Eric Bischoff, is the new GM of SmackDown! And first thing is first, I am about to "cut the fat". You see, many times Mark Henry has been given a chance, [i]many[/i] times. And, like everything else he does in life, he fails. So I officially announce the release of the World's Strongest Man -- Mark Henry. Don't worry, he should be getting a call soon enough informing him of my decision." Eric Bischoff chuckles. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Henry is gone. Lashley and Khali are injured. Benoit is on the shelf. I think it's time to shake things up here on SmackDown!, so I've hired a couple of people to help fill out the SmackDown! roster. I'm sure they'll make an impact in their own way. Enjoy the rest of the show." [b]-------------------- Rating: B[/b] [b]-------------------- Singles Match Sylvan vs. Scotty 2 Hotty[/b] Sylvan makes his in-ring return, taking on Scotty 2 Hotty. Pretty evenly matched at the beginning, Scotty even surprising many people with his offence. After being in control for a few minutes, Sylvan shoves Scotty into the turnbuckle and rolls him up, using his feet on the ropes to earn him the victory at the 8:47 mark. [b]-------------------- Rating: D[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] We're backstage again in Bischoff's locker room. This time he is joined by an intense-looking Batista. He seems to be demanding something of Bischoff. [b]Batista:[/b] "I never lost that belt, and I deserve a rematch! I destroyed Kennedy last night, what more proof do you need?" [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Look, Batista, I saw the match. It's just... You didn't actually [i]win[/i] the match." Batista grabs Bischoff and shoves him back a few steps. [b]Batista:[/b] "I was being generous. And I'm not generous very often, if you catch my drift." Eric Bischoff carefully removes Batista's hands from his jacket. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Okay, I understand. I'll give you a shot at King Booker on [i]one[/i] condition; you beat William Regal tonight." [b]Batista:[/b] "That's it? Done." A confident Batista leaves the room as we head back to ringside. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Batista vs. King Booker at SummerSlam for the World Heavyweight Championship? I like the sounds of that!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "You heard Bischoff, he's gotta get past Regal first." [b]-------------------- Rating: B[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] [b]Singles Match Non-title Matt Hardy vs. Gregory Helms[/b] A determined Hardy controls the match for the first 7 minutes, until Helms knocks the referee out of the ring and heads for his Cruiserweight Championship. Hardy snatches it out of Helms' hands and tosses it to the outside. Helms and Hardy are evenly matched until around the 13 minute mark where Helms has enough and starts walking up the aisle. Matt Hardy defeats Gregory Helms in 13:51 by count out. [b]-------------------- Rating: C+[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] Lashley is backstage, not dressed to compete. [b]Bobby Lashley:[/b] "As you all know, I was removed from last night's card due to an injury. Elevated enzymes of the liver. Now, I feel fine... But my doctor won't clear me to wrestle. Any injury is bad enough, but just as I was about to regain my United States Championship is the worst timing possible. I don't know how long I'll be out, but I guarantee when I'm back that title is coming home to Bobby Lashley!" [b]-------------------- Rating: B-[/b] [b]-------------------- Singles Match Batista vs. William Regal[/b] King Booker and Queen Sharmell joined Cole and JBL on commentary. Batista manhandles Regal until the Little Bastard distracts him and Finlay nails him with the shillelagh, but Batista kicks out at two! After another failed attempt to cost Batista the match by Finlay, Regal is nailed with the Batista Bomb and Batista wins in 11:55 by pinfall. [b]-------------------- Rating: A[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] Chavo Guerrero is backstage taunting Rey Mysterio over his loss at last night's PPV. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "You want to know [b]why[/b] I did it, Rey? Why I cost you the match? What happened has happened, and there's no use crying over spilt milk. Or, in your case, spilt blood." Guerrero laughs. "But seriously, I'll tell you when I want to tell you. Until then, savor the time you have in the ring, because soon enough you'll be forced into an early retirement. Good luck tonight, Rey, I'll be watching." Chavo waves to the camera and walks off. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "What a jerk. I can't believe what he did to his so-called "best friend". Is that how you treat best friends?" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Hey, look how I treated my best friend. Now I'm a former WWE Champion while Faarooq is at home sitting on his ass eating potato chips, drinking beer, listening to me on SmackDown! and wishing he had my life." [b]-------------------- Rating: C+[/b] [b]-------------------- Main Event Singles Match Rey Mysterio vs. Mr. Kennedy[/b] "Kennedy does the usual "Misterrrrrrrrr Kennedy" deal while Rey unloads on him just after he's finished. Even match until the 8 minute mark, where Kennedy distracts the referee before giving Mysterio a low blow. Kennedy attempts the Kenton Bomb but Mysterio rolls out of the way, giving him the advantage. Rey ends the match in 16:48 by pinfall after the 619 and a Frog Splash. [b]-------------------- Rating: B+[/b] [b]--------------------[/b] Rey Mysterio is in the ring celebrating as Chavo Guerrero appears from the crowd with a chair in his hand, drilling the unsuspecting Mysterio in the back of the head. Kennedy has recovered by now, dragging a semi-conscious Mysterio to his feet, only for Chavo to drop him again with another vicious chair shot. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "What's he doing now?! This is enough, someone stop Chavo!" Chavo Guerrero completes his assault with a Gory Bomb onto the chair, causing Rey to start bleeding from the nose. Guerrero gets up and stares at the fallen Mysterio, laughing as the crowd boo heavily and the show goes off air. [b]-------------------- Rating: C+[/b] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B[/b][/i][/color]

I like how you're developing the stories! Bischoff is the perfect heel GM in my opinion - nice choice. Then again, I was an ECW fan so I'm probably biased :D . Booker's Court is potentially the most annoying angle in history (but annoying in a healthy heelish way) and I think you tapped into that pretty well. The whole Funaki idea was a very nice touch. Batista's making a strong return, as I expected, and that can only be a good thing for the main event scene. I think you've nailed JBL's pain-in-the-arse colour commentary and that makes the show feel more authentice (nice one ;) ). Finally, the Chavo/Rey stuff is interesting and I'd like to see where it goes. The only change I would make would be to include pictures and/or a colour scheme just to make things more interesting to look at but content-wise it's great. I'll definitely be reading. Good work dude. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Yeah, I would like to add some colors somewhere. I will try and work on that. As for pictures, that would be nice but I gotta give a break to the dial-up users. Heaps of pictures would take a long time to load for them so I just want to make it a little simple and easy for everyone.

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4792/1257498zr0.jpg[/IMG] [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "It's time for some Friday Night SmackDown! And it's time for some Cruiserweight action!" [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match [u]Cruiserweight Championship[/u] Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Gregory Helms (c)[/b] Solid match with Helms out-wrestling Hotty for most of the contest. Hotty manages half of a Worm before Helms rolls out of the ring to recover. Finish comes when Helms rolls up Hotty after a missed clothesline, ending the bout at 11:46. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: 4[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Helms grabs a microphone from Tony Chimel after he announces him the victor. [b]Gregory Helms:[/b] "Who is left? Super Crazy is on the shelf, I've beaten everyone else... Who is left? I'm giving anyone watching this right now a chance to step into the ring at SummerSlam with the greatest Cruiserweight Champion of all-time. I don't have this belt because I'm good at basketball, I've got it because I'm good in the ring. So good, in fact, that I've run out of challengers. Gregory Helms vs. whoever the hell has the balls to step up at SummerSlam." The Cruiserweight Champion drops the microphone and rolls out of the ring, headed back up the aisle. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Wow, so there you have it. Gregory Helms with another successful defence, and an open challenge at SummerSlam." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Doesn't matter who it is, Helms will be walking out with the same amount of gold he entered with. Just like tonight." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Non-title Tatanka vs. Finlay[/b] The fighting Irishman and the spirited Native American gave it their all. Both men were even during the whole match, until Little Bastard interrupted, allowing Finlay to hit the Celtic Cross. However, Tatanka reached the ropes, surprising Finlay and even the crowd in the arena. Little Bastard was caught by the referee dragging Tatanka out of the ring and biting his leg, costing Finlay the match. Tatanka wins by DQ in 14:37. Finlay beats the Little Bastard up after the match. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Backstage a focused Chavo Guerrero is holding a microphone. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "Rey Mysterio. [b]Mysterio[/b]. Not Guerrero. Your name is not Guerrero, yet you insist on carrying on my Uncle's legacy. That makes me sick! Eddie was your friend, he was my [b]Uncle[/b], don't you get this Rey? It's not about you anymore, it should be about [i]me[/i]. I should be the one carrying the Guerrero name. I know, I retired, but I just can't sick back and watch this anymore. I can't sit at home knowing you're out here taking all the credit for carrying on the Guerrero name and legacy." Chavo spits on the ground [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "The Mysterio name isn't worth a dime, that's why you offer to carry the Guerrero name. I'm not sitting back and watching you disgrace my Uncle and my name any longer. If there's one thing you should have learned, Rey... It's never trust a Guerrero." Chavo grins as the camera fades back to ringside with The Miz. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] [b]Singles Match Non-title Mike Mizanin vs. King Booker[/b] King Booker dominates Mizanin in his debut match. He plays around with The Miz, lifting his arm up a few times when it's obvious he can't continue. Booker finishes it by pinfall after a Scissors Kick at the 10:38 mark [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Finlay and Regal run down the aisle and join Booker in laying the boots to Mizanin. But not far behind them is The Animal, who cleans house, sending the Court outside of the ring. Batista saves The Miz from a potentially serious beating. Batista does the standard "I'm gonna take your title" taunt as the Court disappear behind the curtain. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Psicosis vs. Rey Mysterio[/b] Fast paced match, Chavo came down to ringside to watch. Psicosis had a near-fall after hitting the Guillotine Legdrop, but Mysterio kicked out. Chavo tries to interfere, but ends up costing Psicosis the match after they accidently collided followed by a school boy giving Rey the win in 14:41. Chavo just stares at Rey for a few seconds before leaving the arena. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] The Undertaker bursts into Eric Bischoff's office. [b]The Undertaker:[/b] "I want Khali. Tonight." The crowd cheer at the possibility of seeing their promised match at GAB tonight. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Oh, well I'm sorry there Taker... But you see, you've already got a match tonight. Not quite Khali, but close, it will be The Undertaker vs. Daivari. And that match is coming up right now. If you'll excuse me." The Undertaker looks surprisingly satisfied, leaving Bischoff's office without another word. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Main Event Singles Match Daivari vs. The Undertaker[/b] Undertaker destroys Daivari, ending this one-sided match in 6:02 by pinfall after a Tombstone Piledriver. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Undertaker lifts up Daivari for the Last Ride just as the lights go off. A few seconds later they come back on and Daivari is nowhere to be seen. The Undertaker, however is left in the middle of the ring, bloody and not moving. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "What the hell happened? Where did Daivari go? Is this The Great Khali's doing?" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "I don't think Khali can move that damn fast!" Undertaker suddenly sits up, blood flowing down his face and stares at the aisle just as SmackDown! goes off the air. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B+[/b][/color] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B[/b][/i][/color]

Ooooh supernatural... I like it. Good stuff with the Chavo heelishness. Using Eddies death as a basis for an angle is always controversial but as a heel you want to be controversial! I hope Taker's back full time - that would make things even more interesting. And that ending's got me wondering who was responsible. Kane, maybe, but then he's on Raw. We'll see I guess. Good work. Quote The Raven Nevermore

Haha, believe me, if I had access to Kane he'd be destroying everyone on SmackDown! (he's my favorite of all-time after Bret Hart) But anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I'll keep Taker around full-time for sure. (I need to, with the lack wrestlers currently on the roster)

[IMG]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9311/sdnewsxx0.jpg[/IMG] [b]Scott Hall, Lex Luger To SmackDown!?[/b] Reports have come in stating that both Scott Hall and Lex Luger have signed short-term contracts to join the SmackDown! roster. With the recent plague of injuries to SmackDown!, it couldn't have come at a better time, although many people are questioning the choices. Many people would say that both Luger and Hall blew their chances at the "big time" thanks to their unprofessional behavior. So many people are skeptical of the two coming in, or even of these rumors being true. More as it unfolds. [b]Updated on Batista/Booker Feud[/b] It's well known by now that these two are anything but friends, even being involved in a backstage fight at the SummerSlam commercial shoot. But sources close to both men say they feel comfortable in their feud, and neither man has caused any trouble or complaints over this current storyline. It will be interesting to see if they can keep their differences aside when it comes time to step into the ring.

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4792/1257498zr0.jpg[/IMG] SmackDown! opens minus the fireworks, but with Daivari standing in the middle of the ring instead. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color][/b] Daivari is in the ring, boasting about the recent attack on The Undertaker. [b]Daivari:[/b] "Taker... You think [i]that[/i] was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet! I'm just getting started, you of all people should know that I'm always accompanied by some back-up and last week was no different. It was never about winning the match, it was about making sure you end up bloodied and broken inside that ring. Mission accomplished." Daivari grins as his music plays. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Wow, you gotta give Daivari some credit, he has a lot of guts threatening The Undertaker like that." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Hey, I thought I told you to stop talking about guts. To talk about things you gotta know about 'em, and you sure as hell don't have any guts you little girl." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Ashley vs. Michelle McCool[/b] Even though the two have great chemistry, the match was a train wreck. Ashley pins Michelle with a crossbody in 6:22 [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: D[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] The camera is backstage, focused on a very happy Eric Bischoff. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Every week I'm interrupted. Here I am, trying to make SmackDown! a better show, and I constantly have people coming in and demanding this and that. [i]I'm[/i] the boss around here, and it's time to take control. So I've decided to hire myself a personal body and security guard." Lex Luger of all people steps in front of the camera. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "You might recognize him, at one time he was one of the biggest wrestler's in the world. I rang him up, and he was more than happy to come down and help me out. Lex, thank you." Lex and Eric Bischoff shake hands as the camera goes back to ringside without Luger even saying a word. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Lex Luger?! My god, this night is just getting crazier!" [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] [b]Singles Match Tatanka vs. Mr. Kennedy[/b] The two men have great chemistry, and it really shows. Both men were pretty even for the first 5 minutes, before Kennedy gets the upper hand after a sneaky low blow to Tatanka. The Native American fights back, though, finishing the match by pinning Kennedy after the Wykea in 14:47 [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Tatanka grabs the microphone from Tony Chimel. [b]Tatanka:[/b] "Finlay, I've beaten you once, how about one more time. You and me at SummerSlam for the United States Championship!" The crowd cheer at the chance to see that match. [b]Tatanka:[/b] "My people have been in this country for many years, and then an Irishman comes along to take the title that represents the place we've lived for all our lives? I'm going to kick your ass, Finlay, and bring that belt back where it should be -- home! [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Non-title Gregory Helms and Psicosis vs. London and Kendrick[/b] A newly remasked Psicosis starts the match against London. Very fast match with Helms cheating on more than one occasion. Finish is in 16:28 with Helms pinning Kendrick after a Nightmare On Helms Street. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] The familiar sound of bagpipes playing hits the arena as the fans are on their feet. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper is ready for another edition of Piper's Pit. [b]Roddy Piper:[/b] "My guest tonight is, well, he's a King." Crowd begin to boo, already knowing who he is. [b]Roddy Piper:[/b] "Hey, come on now, he's not the meanest man on the planet. That's me. Please welcome King Booker!" Booker and the Court make their way to the ring. [b]Roddy Piper:[/b] "So, it's Batista challenging King Booker for the World Heavyweight Championship, what are your chances?" [b]King Booker:[/b] "What are my chances? Yo, you better listen up sucka. I'm not a King because I was born into royalty, no, I [i]earned[/i] this! And nobody is gonna take this away from me! Batista, I'm gonna kick your ass just like I did last time at SummerSlam." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Last time at SummerSlam? What's he talking about?" [b]King Booker:[/b] "Yeah, that's right, last time at the SummerSlam [i]commercial shoot[/i]!" The crowd "oooh" at that low blow as the Court begin to laugh hysterically. [b]King Booker:[/b] "Batista, I don't want you to hold back just because I'm a King. I want to see your best, because I guarantee I'll be walking out of SummerSlam the World Heavyweight Champion!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "A King's guarantee, you can't get much better than that." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Non-title Finlay vs. Batista[/b] Batista runs out to attack King Booker but gets his opponent, Finlay, instead. Very hard-hitting contest, all of the Court try to get involved at one time or another. King Booker is caught hitting Batista, causing the referee to call the bell. Batista wins by DQ in 13:35. After the match Batista grabs Little Bastard and tosses him over the ropes, landing on King Booker's Court. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Rey Mysterio is backstage with Josh Matthews. [b]Rey Mysterio:[/b] "Josh, I don't know what's going through Chavo's mind at the moment, but I'm really getting tired of his verbal and physical attacks on me. I'm officially challenging him to a match at SummerSlam. And seeing as I know he doesn't want it, I'll put something on the line..." Rey puts his hands on his mask. [b]Rey Mysterio:[/b] "This, my mask. If I lose, he can unmask me, which means everything to me. So, Chavo, what do you say? [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Main Event Singles Match Rey Mysterio vs. William Regal[/b] With the Court already left the arena thanks to Batista, Regal was outmatched by the determined Mysterio. A couple of near falls by Regal, but that's as close as he got. Mysterio hits the West Coast Pop in 15:30 for the win. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B+[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Chavo Guerrero comes running down the aisle and he and Rey begin to exchange fists. Rey gets the upper hand until Chavo knees him in the groin, then hits a brainbuster. Chavo signals for the mic. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "I'll see you at SummerSlam." Chavo goes to exit the ring but stops. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "Oh." Guerrero walks over to the fallen Mysterio and pulls of his "E.G" armbands. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "You don't deserve these, you bastard." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "I think the only "bastard" around here is Chavo Guerrero! I hope he gets his ass kicked at SummerSlam!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Hey, he said it himself, [i]never[/i] trust a Guerrero." Rey begins to recover and tries to crawl towards Chavo, but he just pushes him away with his foot as SmackDown! slowly goes off the air. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B[/b][/i][/color]

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4792/1257498zr0.jpg[/IMG] [i]Dark Match - Perry Saturn def. Brian Kendrick Rating: C+[/i] SmackDown! opens with the fireworks and wide camera angles over the audience. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Welcome everyone to Friday Night SmackDown! We're kicking things off with a non-title match involving the Cruiserweight Champion." [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Non-title Paul London vs. Gregory Helms[/b] Quick, pretty even match nearly the whole time. London misses the Dropsault and Helms takes advantage. The Cruiserweight Champion nails the Nightmare On Helms Street in 13:12 for the win by pinfall. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Helms celebrates in the ring for a few moments before taking the microphone off of Chimel. [b]Gregory Helms:[/b] "I've given everyone a chance at this thing... But nobody seems to be able to take it. My open challenge is still on for SummerSlam, I really hope someone with some skill takes up the opportunity." Helms drops the mic and rolls out of the ring, headed back up the aisle. [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "I know how the poor kid feels, I was in the exact same position when I was WWE Champion." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Undertaker is seen backstage looking for someone, most likely Daivari or the mystery attacker from two weeks ago. [b]Undertaker:[/b] "Daivari!" The Undertaker continues to search the backstage area. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "I'll tell you something, I wouldn't want to be Daivari when The Undertaker gets his hands on him!" Taker makes it to the car park where Daivari is seen waiting. Undertaker charges at Daivari who doesn't seem worried. [b]Daivari:[/b] "Undertaker, what took you so long?" The Undertaker grabs Daivari by the neck just as he is nailed from behind by a wicked chair shot. Daivari opens the boot of the car right next to him and the mystery man throws Undertaker in it, then closes the boot. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "W-What is going on? Where are they taking The Undertaker?!" Daivari and the masked man hop in the car as it drives off. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Mr. Kennedy[/b] One-sided match, with Kennedy finishing it after a Kenton Bomb in 9:44. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] The United States Champion, Finlay, is seen backstage holding a microphone. [b]Finlay:[/b] "Tatanka, you want some of me at SummerSlam? You got it! Bring all that Native American spirit you have, because it just won't compare to my Irish toughness. I don't care if this is the [b]U.S.[/b] Championship, I earned this thing and I'll be damned if someone is going to take it away from me!" [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Finlay and Tatanka at SummerSlam? I can't wait!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "I'll tell you something Cole, that's gonna be one brutal match!" [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Psicosis vs. Batista[/b] Batista pretty much dominates Psicosis, the Cruiserweight only getting a few short bursts of offence in. Batista pins him after a Batista Bomb in 9:31 [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B+[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Eric Bischoff is backstage in his office with Mike Mizanin. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Look, "Miz"... I don't think things are really working out for you here on SmackDown!, I'm going to have to release you." [b]Mike Mizanin:[/b] "What?! Why? You can't just get rid of me for no reason! That's not fair, I'll sue you Bischoff!" Bischoff tries to calm The Miz down. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "Look, okay, you can keep your job on one condition..." [b]Mike Mizanin:[/b] "What is it?" [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "You defeat my personal bodyguard, Lex Luger tonight. If you lose, you're fired." Bischoff grins as The Miz tries to plead with him [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Mike Mizanin vs. Lex Luger[/b] Lex Luger destroys The Miz and pins him after a Bionic Forearm in 7:44. The Miz is fired. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] A promo video rolls on screen. [b]Voice Over:[/b] "I've been through many tough times... For my whole life I've fought my demons... And now, I'm brand new man, a changed man, a clean man." A shadow is seen raising his arm on screen. [b]Voice Over:[/b] "At SummerSlam, the bad guy returns." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Main Event Singles Match Rey Mysterio vs. William Regal[/b] King Booker's Court join Cole and JBL at the announcer's booth. Rey Mysterio wins by count out in 10:34 after Regal has enough and walks off. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B+[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] After the match Chavo Guerrero runs down and jumps Rey Mysterio from behind again. All of King Booker's Court join in until Tatanka and Batista run out to make the save. Batista is shouting at the Court as Tatanka helps Rey to his feet. Chavo and the Court are all smiling as they walk back up the aisle. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "I've just been informed that next week in the main event it will be a massive six-man tag match. King Booker, Chavo Guerrero and Finlay vs. Batista, Rey Mysterio and Tatanka! Don't miss it, next week on SmackDown!" A beaten Mysterio rises to his feet as the camera zooms in on him before SmackDown! goes off the air. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B[/b][/i][/color]

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4792/1257498zr0.jpg[/IMG] SmackDown! opens with the usual fireworks and wide camera angles over the audience. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Welcome everyone to Friday Night SmackDown! There's just one week until SummerSlam, and what a card it looks to be!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "That's right Cole. We have Batista challenging King Booker for the World Heavyweight Championship. Rey Mysterio taking on Chavo Guerrero, and if Mysterio loses he loses his mask as well. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "And don't forget the Native American Tatanka challenging Finlay for his United Stats Championship. All six men will be in action tonight, in a massive six-man tag team match. But now, I've been informed that we are welcoming back an old face. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Funaki vs. Perry Saturn[/b] The returning Saturn looked good, throwing Funaki around like a little kid for the whole match. Perry Saturn ends it in 9:08 by pinfall after a DVD. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Daivari enters the arena minus his masked partner, with a microphone in his hand. He slowly walks down to the ring, taunting the crowd. [b]Daivari:[/b] "Undertaker, I've just been speaking with Eric Bischoff and he has granted me my request. At SummerSlam, it will be The Undertaker vs. me! That's right, me!" The crowd cheer as Daivari grins. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "What's Daivari got up his sleeve? We haven't seen The Undertaker since he was thrown into the boot of that car and driven off!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Hey, you [i]need[/i] something up your sleeve if you want a chance against The Undertaker, I know that from personal experience." [b]Daivari:[/b] "Oh, and Mr. Bischoff, being the great man he is also said that by, oh... I don't know... Some weird chance you don't show up, you'll forfeit the match. Mr. Bischoff doesn't like letting his fans down like that, so if you [i]do[/i] lose by forfeit, you'll also be fired." Daivari laughs as the crowd boo heavily. [b]Daivari:[/b] "See you at SummerSlam. Or, maybe not... Hahaha." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Mr. Kennedy vs. Paul London[/b] Good chemistry between the two. Pretty even match-up, despite the obvious size difference London held his own in the ring. Finish is in 17:02 by DQ after London is caught using a chair Kennedy has brought into the ring. Paul London pleads with the referee, but he doesn't listen, awarding the win to Mr. Kennedy. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] We are backstage following Batista down the aisle. Suddenly, King Booker, Finlay and William Regal jump him from behind. The Court beat Batista badly, leaving him bloody and bruised, and not able to get up. [b]King Booker:[/b] "Hope you can make it to SummerSlam, sucka!" King Booker and his Court head off, laughing at what they've done. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Mixed-Tag Match Match Ashley and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Michelle McCool and Gregory Helms[/b] Ashley and McCool starts things off. Ashley gets the advantage for most of the time, before tagging in Scotty. Due to the rules, Helms automatically comes in and knocks Hotty silly. Helms tags in McCool after beating Scotty down, and frustrated by being booked in this match, simply leaves. Ashley pins a partner-less McCool in 14:22 with a schoolgirl. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Eric Bischoff makes his way down to the ring.. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "I've been informed that Batista won't be able to wrestle tonight..." The crowd boo at Bischoff's announcement. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "So I've decided to let this match continue without him. Tonight it will be King Booker, Chavo Guerrero and Finlay versus Tatanka and Rey Mysterio in a handicap match. Good luck to everyone." Bischoff smiles and leaves the ring, as the crowd shower him with a negative response. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Psicosis vs Vito[/b] Psicosis teases the skit-wearing Vito during the whole match. Vito begins to become frustrated, losing his cool -- and the match in 12:58 after he's disqualified for not breaking the five count. Psicosis wins. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Tatanka and Rey Mysterio are headed towards the ring for their match as Josh Matthews tries to get a word out of the two. [b]Rey Mysterio:[/b] "Look, Josh, I know what you're going to say... I'll let my actions speak for me tonight." Tatanka simply nods as the two leave Josh Matthews behind. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Main Event Handicap Match: 2 vs. 3 Rey Mysterio and Tatanka vs. King Booker, Chavo Guerrero and Finlay[/b] Booker was the star of this match. Pretty close bout, even though Rey and Tatanka are a man down. End comes when Finlay takes out Mysterio with the help of the Little Bastard, while Booker and Chavo double-team Tatanka. King Booker hits the Royal Bookend to defeat Tatanka by pinfall in 14:52. King Booker, Finlay and Chavo are victorious. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] King Booker, Finlay and Chavo Guerrero give Tatanka and Rey Mysterio a little extra beating. The referee tries to stop them but he gets clobbered as well. Batista runs out with a baseball bat, chasing the sore winners out of the ring. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Oh, big men, when things are even they end up running away with their tail between their legs!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Even, are you blind?! Batista has a baseball bat!" [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Folks, we're all outta time, be sure to join us in a few days for SummerSlam!" Batista raises the baseball bat as SmackDown! goes off air. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B[/b][/i][/color] [i][OOC Note: Sorry for the delay in between posts, I've been a bit busy but business will be back to normal and I'll have SummerSlam up in a day or two hopefully.][/i]

[QUOTE=Nevermore]Rey's mask on the line? Nice idea... I remember a friend telling me something similar happened with Juvi in WCW (never watched WCW myself though). Another good show, waiting for Taker to make a return :D. Quote The Raven Nevermore[/QUOTE] juvi and rey both lost masks in wcw. I am fairly sure jericho won one of the masks (juvi's I blieve) and I roughly remember a tag match in which it was miss elizabeth's hair vs. a mask (I want to say Luger and Nash vs. Ray and I think Konan) only reason rey has a mask now is because WWE wanted another mask to sell besides Kane (back when Kane had one)

[IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6347/3071514kh3.jpg[/IMG] The show opens up with the camera panning around the arena, showing off the SummerSlam set. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "It's time for the biggest party of the Summer, SummerSlam! Welcome everybody, I'm Michael Cole and joining me as usual is John "Bradshaw" Layfield." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "Ah, only on the SmackDown! brand will you see a King defend the World Heavyweight Championship against an Animal in the main event of SummerSlam." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "We've got both Rey Mysterio and Tatanka looking out for some revenge, the apparent return of the "Bad Guy" and possibly the end of The Undertaker's career here on SmackDown!. But we'll be opening the show with some Cruiserweight action. For the last month Helms has been looking for a "challenge" in his own words, who has stepped up to the plate tonight?" [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Cruiserweight Championship TAKA Michinoku vs. Gregory Helms (c)[/b] The crowd were surprised to see TAKA Michinoku return, many had forgotten him but the people who remembered got behind him pretty quickly. TAKA really tested Helms, seemingly having his number on more than one occasion. The referee is accidently knocked out by a Michinoku dropkick, allowing Helms to go grab his Cruiserweight Championship. TAKA follows him however, only to receive the Championship the one way you don't want to -- in the face. Helms wakes the referee up and he begins to count. TAKA doesn't make it back to the ring on time, Helms wins in 20:25 by count out. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] King Booker is seen backstage talking on his phone. [b]King Booker:[/b] "I like your style, you treat a King the way he should be. I'll be there in a few minutes." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Who is Booker speaking with?" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "That's none of your business, probably urgent royal business anyway." King Booker heads off down the hallway as the camera returns to ringside. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A*[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Mr. Kennedy is in the ring holding his custom microphone. [b]Mr. Kennedy:[/b] "You know, I'm sick of hearing about this "Bad Guy". I don't care what he's been through, I don't care what he's done. All I know is he's taking away my precious screen time, and seeing as I'm the only real draw here on SmackDown!, he's bad for business. If he's so "bad", let's see if he can stand toe-to-toe with Mr. Kennedy. Come on, bring it on." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "I agree, less stupid promo videos, and more Mr. Kennedy." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Scott Hall vs. Mr. Kennedy[/b] Scott Hall returns to a large pop. He looked in great shape, and really pushed Kennedy to his limit. Kennedy fought back a couple of time, but he was just no match for Hall. The finish came in 14:57 when Scott Hall pinned Kennedy after an Outsider's Edge. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Up next, the United States Championship is on the line as the Native American Tatanka takes on the Fighting Irishman, Finlay." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: C+[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match United States Championship Tatanka vs. Finlay (c)[/b] A pretty rough match. The Little Bastard tries to interfere on two occasions, but is sent back under the ring by the referee on the third. Tatanka pins Finlay in 15:34 after the Trail's End. Tatanka is the new United States Champion. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B-[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Batista is backstage holding a microphone [b]Batista:[/b] "Booker T, you're no King. You're a just a simple joker. You couldn't defeat an ant without the help of Regal, Finlay or even Sharmell." The crowd cheer in agreement. [b]Batista:[/b] "That's why with a little, well, persuasion... Eric Bischoff has agreed to ban all members of the Court from ringside. Good luck, Champ, 'cos you really need it." Batista grins and leaves. [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "This is an outrage!" [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "No, this is what's called "fair". Something you don't know a thing about. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Daivari is in the ring ready for his "match" with The Undertaker. He points to the titantron and there is a live feed of a camera situated in the basement of an unknown location. Daivari's hired "masked man" is laying in an open casket. Daivari looks shocked as The Undertaker's music hits. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "He's here! The Undertaker is here!" [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "What's going on? He's not meant to show up!" [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Daivari vs. The Undertaker[/b] The Undertaker dominated Daivari from the start. A couple of times Daivari tried to escape, but Undertaker stopped him. Taker ends it in 8:46 by pinfall after the Tombstone Piledriver. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Chavo Guerrero is backstage. [b]Chavo Guerrero:[/b] "Rey, you've tried to steal the Guerrero name, I'll respond by stealing [i]your[/i] identity. Tonight, I'll take your mask and crush your career all in one match." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "A man of few words, but a focused man none the less." [b]John "Bradshaw" Layfield:[/b] "A focused man who is going to kick Rey Mysterio's ass!" [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Singles Match Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero[/b] Pretty even match, Chavo tried to cheat a few times but didn't really help him. Rey Mysterio pins him in 18:33 after the West Coast Pop. Rey extends his hand but Chavo shoves it aside and leaves the ring. Mysterio shrugs his shoulders and celebrates with the fans. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] Eric Bischoff makes a surprise appearance on the stage. [b]Eric Bischoff:[/b] "I hope your enjoying the show tonight. I won't be long, as you all know up next is the main event. King Booker defends his World Heavyweight Championship against Batista. I'm here to tell you all that on SmackDown! there will be a ten-man battle royal. The winner will go on to face King Booker [i]or[/i] Batista at No Mercy for the World Heavyweight Championship." [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Wow, what an announcement! A ten-man battle royal on SmackDown! for the number one contendership." [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: B[/b][/color] [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/color] Main Event Singles Match World Heavyweight Championship Batista vs. King Booker (c)[/b] Batista kicks out of the Royal Bookend, just as Booker kicks out of a huge Spinebuster. Both men held their own, Batista looked to have the match won, signaling for the Batista Bomb but Lex Luger walks out. Batista argues with Lex and Booker rolls him up, getting the pin at the 19:50 mark. King Booker defends his World Heavyweight Championship against a now irate Batista. [COLOR="DarkBlue"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][/b][/color] King Booker celebrates in the ring as Batista chases after Lex Luger. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] "Thank you everyone for joining us here tonight for SummerSlam! It's been great, we'll see you on SmackDown!" The camera slowly fades to black showing an ecstatic King Booker kissing his Championship. [COLOR="Green"][b][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][] Rating: A[/b][/color] [color="red"][b][i]Final Rating: B+[/b][/i][/color]

Archived