Deteriorating Assets (Production, infrastructure, etc)

I'm not sure if this idea exists already, but to help manage finances and prevent hoarding money, I think it would be beneficial to implement a system where production values and infrastructure deteriorate after a certain number of years to simulate the rapid advancement of new technologies.

For example, cutting-edge production values should downgrade to the previous level after a certain period (in years) to reflect the emergence of new production technologies. This would mean that, in addition to paying monthly expenses for maintenance, we would also need to invest a significant amount of money (again) to upgrade. This concept could apply to various areas, whether it’s a wrestling school, broadcasting quality, or similar scenarios.

Edited by SirMichaelJordan
  • Like 7

That's actually a really good idea, especially from a realism standpoint. The only question is, how long should it take to take effect? 4 years? 10 years? I know some TEW players never make it past a year or two, yet having this sort of feature would be interesting for long-term saves.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheDeep5ix said:

That's actually a really good idea, especially from a realism standpoint. The only question is, how long should it take to take effect? 4 years? 10 years? I know some TEW players never make it past a year or two, yet having this sort of feature would be interesting for long-term saves.

I would say 10 years but for today’s rapid growth in tech and for gameplay i would suggest 5 years 

I'm not sure what I feel about this suggestion but I would think if it were implemented the length for deterioration should be tied to an Era settings so modders can customize it for different time periods.

• Like 1

Good idea!

I'm guessing it should affect Broadcast Quality a bit more than Production Values though, at least in the sense of "if you don't switch from a SDTV to a HDTV camera setup, it will make your company look bad faster than if you wait a little bit longer on splurging for fancy new LED ringside screens".

And maybe you should get an e-mail from your crew, telling you "if we don't spend X amount of money over the next 3 months, in 3 months our Broadcast Quality won't be perceived at Cutting Edge anymore, but simply Industry Standard", so that it doesn't simply happen like that. (I mean, it could be 4 or 6 months or whatever)

• Like 3