Total Extreme Wrestling Federation Pictures

that's cool clarity. you did a bang up job none-the-less. i do appreciate the time and effort. how long does one of these images take when starting from scratch? also, was it the tew that got you interested in said image making? thanks again. the image will go great with the new user-character function in '07. have a good one, and if you're british, then cheers mate!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It all depends on just how complex i make each render. A bog standard render i can knock out in maybe half hour, but for others (like yours) i have to go into Photoshop and recolour the t-shirt and add text. That takes time. Then i can add photorealistic facial textures with a decent enough profile shot (like i did with panix). getting the face to match and not distort can take about an hour. There are also stock hair styles which can be put on (like meripu's i think) and take no time at all. Or i can create a hairstyle from scratch which involves placing a skullcap and literally growing the hairs. These hairs spring out like an afro and need to be styled. That takes ages to get right. Beards are by far what takes me longest. I first have to highlight each part that i want the beard to grow on and then make it a prop. Once done i have to make groups and grow it like normal hair. So everyone with beards originally start with huge hobo beards. So they have to be styled and shrunk to look like beards (even though its just head hair thats been moved in actuallity) So once all that is done i can finally pose them and add clothes making sure that the model doesn't cut through the clothes (a fact that happens frequently), adjust the lighting to avoid shadows on the face and then finally render. Each render can take a while (especially as i do little renders to see hows things look when making beards and faces and lag my machine) and i normally do a large render to show people their character and the smaller 150x150 version for use in the game. These can take sometimes 5 minutes or more to do. I could scale down the quality but well.. they would look crap and i can wait. So with all that known, the longest render so far was Dartells model "dink". I had to recolour his skin, adjust his facial features to match (a fact i forgot i mention earlier - nose, eyes etc can all be resized) sort his hair out, and i completely recoloured his suit to make him look cool. He took about 5-6 hours for me to do [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/dinky.png[/IMG] He is the one im most proud of. I starting using Bryce 5 at work and tried poser 6 with little success. But when i saw this fed being made i booted it back and and learnt things as i made more models. So there you go. A very long ramble about the effort i make most evenings for the GDS community.. Oh and yeah im british so i can be all stiff upper lippy and say "Stoke me a clipper, I'l be back for breakfast" and snig ger privately :D *edit* they "*****"ed my snig ger. Evil censors

[QUOTE=rlobb17;142309]As Clarity has made pictures for the Forumverse mod, does that make me a forum rat?[/QUOTE] we're all forum rats....at least those who check this site daily, if not multiple times a day. hell, the first thing i do at work is clock in and then log on and check what new feature adam posted.....good times....

Thats Ace Rimmers line but when Arnold Rimmer takes over he says it just before being ejected from the ****pit. In fact i think that episode is called "Stoke me a clipper" *Rushes up to check the DVD* Yup. Episode 2 of series 7. Im a big Red Dwarf nut.. *sniffles* Cant wait for the movie As for that amount of work. Heck i would probably be doing them anyway. Like those pictures i showed you before

[QUOTE=Clarity;142552]Thats Ace Rimmers line but when Arnold Rimmer takes over he says it just before being ejected from the ****pit. In fact i think that episode is called "Stoke me a clipper" *Rushes up to check the DVD* Yup. Episode 2 of series 7. Im a big Red Dwarf nut.. *sniffles* Cant wait for the movie As for that amount of work. Heck i would probably be doing them anyway. Like those pictures i showed you before[/QUOTE] I could've sworn you'd put "Stoke me a kipper, I'l be back for breakfast"... and i've even just checked again... must've been a brain fart on my part. :o

Looking at the list then, these are still to be done: 'The Dream' Marcus Davis - was asked to post a picture or a description last month, I haven't seen anything. Kayen Storm - was asked to post a picture or a description last month, again, I haven't seen anything. The Andy - ? John 'ECWRulz' Anaya - think Clarity's already posted this one. Amishman - ? Wooodaddy - He's in my first post. Soooooo by my reckoning the only two left are The Andy and Amishman.

Looking at the list then, these are still to be done: 'The Dream' Marcus Davis - was asked to post a picture or a description last month, I haven't seen anything. Kayen Storm - was asked to post a picture or a description last month, again, I haven't seen anything. The Andy - ? John 'ECWRulz' Anaya - think Clarity's already posted this one. Amishman - ? Wooodaddy - He's in my first post. Soooooo by my reckoning the only two left are The Andy and Amishman.

Cheers 'taker Here is a new Panix pic, i guess you could keep the one Clarity did and have both a short and long haired version of me! [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/panixrender.jpg[/IMG] Since i have somewhat got the poser bug i can do a half a dozen pics for the forumverse mod if you'd like?

Cheers 'taker Here is a new Panix pic, i guess you could keep the one Clarity did and have both a short and long haired version of me! [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/panixrender.jpg[/IMG] Since i have somewhat got the poser bug i can do a half a dozen pics for the forumverse mod if you'd like?

[QUOTE=panix04;146747]Cheers 'taker Here is a new Panix pic, i guess you could keep the one Clarity did and have both a short and long haired version of me! [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/panixrender.jpg[/IMG] Since i have somewhat got the poser bug i can do a half a dozen pics for the forumverse mod if you'd like?[/QUOTE] Well you've certainly grasped Poser much quicker than I have! I think Rlobb17 wanted someone to do some more renders for the Forumverse so i'm sure he'll let you know. :)

[QUOTE=panix04;146747]Cheers 'taker Here is a new Panix pic, i guess you could keep the one Clarity did and have both a short and long haired version of me! [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/panixrender.jpg[/IMG] Since i have somewhat got the poser bug i can do a half a dozen pics for the forumverse mod if you'd like?[/QUOTE] Well you've certainly grasped Poser much quicker than I have! I think Rlobb17 wanted someone to do some more renders for the Forumverse so i'm sure he'll let you know. :)

Archived