The Official Thank Me Thread

As some of you may know, I posted the demand topic not so long ago. And seeing as how my admittedly idle threats worked out, I thought I would create a thread specifially designed for everyone to thank me for making known the public's clamoring for information on the next TEW game. On a serious note, the new features sound great and I think TEW 05 is a suitable frame that should allow Adam to improve gameplay even more. Kudos to you Adam, and I hope TEW 2007 sells well enough for you to keep making TEW's into your mid-40's.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;134703]As some of you may know, I posted the demand topic not so long ago. And seeing as how my admittedly idle threats worked out, I thought I would create a thread specifially designed for everyone to thank me for making known the public's clamoring for information on the next TEW game.[/QUOTE] ...

if TEW were WWE liscensed it would undoubtly cost more than $34.95us and even then WWE would probably take more percentage of sales than Adam. not to mention Yuke's might get a bit lawyerish if WWE bailed on them for a game that at this stage is only available via the net.

Why would TEW need WWE's backing to go nationwide? 1. TEW wouldn't be the same if it was liscensed by WWE, and you wouldnt have other feds. 2. Whats wrong with TEW now? The game wouldn't need and dont need WWE to become more popular than it already is. The game can become huge through word of mouth. 3. Your demand topic didn't do anything, you really think Adam read your topic and decided to make TEW07 becuase you demanded info on it?

The WWE's backing is not the same as liscensing, it basically means they realize they'll be in TEW through Mods and it's a good thing, so they don't sue. Nay, I would never want the Cornellverse to be replaced by today's scene, it's much more interesting. And no, Adam didn't decide to make TEW 2007 because of me, he decided to make the journal because of me. By the way, my third demand of Big Smack Scott's status would make a great topic for future journal posts.

[QUOTE=KaySeeDubya;135456]Yup...hell if WWE found out about them being in mods, they'll try to find SOME way to sue. WWE love lawsuits. As for WWE liscensing TEW....remember GM Mode? *shudders*[/QUOTE] I think they already know, and are aware it's only the fan mods that have the infringements, which they tolerate.

its probably a numbers game tbh, i dont know the exact amount of copies of TEW sold, but lets say its 2000 (probably way out i know) if the WWE started a lawsuit against TEW mods straight away they would potentially have 2000 people boycotting there product. If everyone one of those people were WWE fans they would stop buying WWE merchandise, even if thats just one tee shirt per year at £15 thats still £30,000 in potential revenue lost. On top of that you have PPV's the WWE runs what? 12 PPV's a year at £15 a pop. Thats £360,000 down the swanney and lets assume that a small percentage of the people involved go the press and convince there friends to boycott as well, is it really worth there while to incur all that negative press and all that potential loss of income for a lawsuit against people who couldn't afford to pay up anyway?

Archived