Um, yeah Carlito, that didn't answer his question just showed that someone else raised that concern. I suppose it's yet to be seen as to whether the amount of injuries will increase or decrease JS... and I think they do need some work, however, because the only injury that I have seen is a distended anus to one of my announcers.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;138622]Um, yeah Carlito, that didn't answer his question just showed that someone else raised that concern. I suppose it's yet to be seen as to whether the amount of injuries will increase or decrease JS... and I think they do need some work, however, because the only injury that I have seen is a distended anus to one of my announcers.[/QUOTE] haha lol what the hell did your announcers do with each other! Anyway my main question is: will the wrestlers gaining more injuries more often.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;138628]JS, my question is WHY do you WANT injuries to your wrestlers?[/QUOTE] If you click the link to the thread and read it you'll see why he wants it, the same reason I do. I wasn't about to repost my thoughts on the topic, I'm one lazy bugger Edit: Sorry Nick that was to Wierdo:o

[QUOTE=NickC13573;138628]JS, my question is WHY do you WANT injuries to your wrestlers?[/QUOTE] I can not answer for the OP, but maybe because injuries are a huge part of professional wrestling? At the very least, injuries would help spice things up on both fronts; the AI gameworld would appear much more lively and the player's booking standards could be thrown for interesting loops. While it might stink to have your champion injured for months, it is all part of the challenge of being a booker. Only speaking for myself, I always disliked how static things became in my TEW games. Injury risk would keep the player on his/her toes. And when injuries hit, it would break up the sense of autopilot that always crept in.

Do you guys lump overdoses and the like in with "injuries"? I myself have had quite a few people OD in my DOTT game (Jimmy Valiant on three seperate occasions!), while actual injuries were predictably low. I can see the good in increasing the injuries as it does make for a more interesting and lively game, but I myself have had to deal with plenty of instances where a wrestler was out for an extended period of time, so it doesn't matter to me either way really. As a side note, Jimmy V took his sweet time coming back from each indescretion. Nothing like milking that downside guarantee, buddy.

I always liked the option in TEW 2004 of being able to preset a wrestlers injury and the time excepted out in the editor before starting a new game. For example you could preset Mark Henry's injury and have him sidelined for 6 months. This would add a touch more realism into the game as you would not always start with a injury free roster, which is a rarity in the WWE.

[QUOTE=Likatiga;139731]I always liked the option in TEW 2004 of being able to preset a wrestlers injury and the time excepted out in the editor before starting a new game. For example you could preset Mark Henry's injury and have him sidelined for 6 months. This would add a touch more realism into the game as you would not always start with a injury free roster, which is a rarity in the WWE.[/QUOTE] I agree with this. I didn't play TEW04, but it's a feature I wish TEW05 had.

I wonder, and this is just me thinking out loud, how many people who want more injuries to occur have actually seen whether it's possible to make it happen in 05. Or does everyone just want someone else to do it for them? I noticed that expanding the injury file seems to increase injury frequency (though not necessarily their severity. I've had sprained wrists, broken fingers, and mild concussions occur in my FOTORC game which uses my halfway done expanded injury file) somewhat, though the game's random element might be the culprit for that. Besides expanding the injury file, you can also lower the resilience of all your workers and/or their safety stat as well (though safety seems to lower their market value when lowered). For folks playing as WWE, it's not like a worker's in-ring skill is all that important anyway. Personally, just increasing injuries arbitrarily is a deal breaker for me unless the injury file is updated and modified to mirror reality. Nobody sits out for 6 months with an ankle sprain (which has been the most obvious discrepancy with the default injury file for me). The game already has mechanisms built in to increase the injury rate (or have you never heard of Big Smack Scott?).

Archived