Kurt Angle Released From The WWE

skiesofryan

[QUOTE]Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future. The only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship; he also won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle’s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess. [/QUOTE] -Credit WWE.com

At least he got one last world title run before going. To be honest if this means he's retiring I think it's for the best before his body gets into any worse condition. Does really suck though. Never pictured him as one of thsoe who would leave though. Always thought he would become a colour commentator or an authroity figure or something like that.

Personnally, I think Kurt Angle will be back in a WWE ring in about 6-12 months...Vince didn't have a choice, he was getting injury prone & with all the fiasco going on with his personal life (wife pregnant & getting divorce from her). After this, we should (I hope) get to see Mr. Angle do what he does best.

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;140688]Can anybody say TNA? Maybe? Dunno? possibly....[/QUOTE] Honestly, if he comes back and goes to TNA, that would be a huge step backwards professionally. Remember, TNA is not WCW. It's not a credible competitor to the 'E. Although, if they managed to snag someone of Kurt's stature, that might change. But right now, Kurt was one of a handful of WWE's absolute top workers (up there with HBK, 'Taker, and Triple H). I couldn't see him coming back from what he's currently going through to go with the second rate (in terms of popularity) operation. Especially since he'd be welcome with open arms back to WWE once he gets his "personal issues" sorted (or so you'd think). Possible, sure but not likely IMO.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;140704]Tha hell? Not a credible competitor? It's the second largest promotion in the United States and has monthly pay per views and a weekly TV show on a station that RAW used to be on. What makes TNA not credible?[/QUOTE] Probably the fact that wrestling fans aren't torn between watching WWE or TNA. TNA may have the PPV's and weekly shows clicking, but WWE is still, by far, the number one promotion as far as attracting fans, popularity and revenue. Maybe down the line, when (if) TNA can grow to a point where it has some of the impact WWE has on the casual fan, that's when they'll be considered a credible competitor. But they're not there yet.

[QUOTE=Powerguy;140719]Probably the fact that wrestling fans aren't torn between watching WWE or TNA. TNA may have the PPV's and weekly shows clicking, but WWE is still, by far, the number one promotion as far as attracting fans, popularity and revenue. Maybe down the line, when (if) TNA can grow to a point where it has some of the impact WWE has on the casual fan, that's when they'll be considered a credible competitor. But they're not there yet.[/QUOTE] Well, this is true in a sence, but TNA is shown on Thurs.. Raw on Mon.. ECW Tues... Smackdown Fri... so really there are none technically competing against one another... I personally watch all of them and TNA is far better than anything right now, in my opinion.... yeah, WWE has three brands on different nights, but don't you think as bad as the WWE is right now if TNA moved to MON.. at the same time Raw is, maybe WWE would step it up... right now it's a joke... I would tune in to watch TNA over Raw right now... I think that the only reason wrestling fans tune in to WWE is because there is no comp and they have to have their wrestling fix... That's why I watch WWE right now is because I've been a fan of wrestling for 30 years now... I think WWE sees TNA as a potential threat because they are starting to copy them just like they did with WCW... Example: Undefeated Samoan... DX reuniting... Kip And BG have done their Outlaw routine now for quite a while now... and DX suddenly reforms....:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=]WWE fired Kurt Angle today. It is known Angle and his agent met with WWE officials this afternoon. More details should be forthcoming soon.[/QUOTE] Credit: Dave Meltzer While the WWE report of this says that this was a mutal parting of the ways, Dave Meltzer is reporting that Kurt Angle was out and out fired from the company, and it is actually a long time coming. Kurt Angle is a phenominal talent, and I am a huge fan of the guy, but he is becoming a risk for the WWE to be assosiated with him. They have already had one high profile death this year, and if they didn't do this then they could possibly have a second. Think about it what could else they have done, they have already suspended him once, and if this is another breach of the wellness policy then the WWE had to fire him. After all, the wellness policy will never work unless they will actually enforce it. So while I'm sad it has come to this perhaps it's for the best. I mean that this worked with Eddie Guerrero a few years back, when they released him for his drug use and then hired him back when he cleaned up his act. I think that if and when Kurt Angle does clean himself up and loose the pain killer addicition then he will be welcomed back to the WWE with open arms. Plus this might be good for Kurt Angle as well, he might get his personal life back on track. Hasn't he got his first son on the way?

right now the industry, is in a bad place. sure I can get 5 nights of wrestling (counting the saturday replay of impact). but all of the shows are in a spot right now where they can put on what they want and not have to worry about, people switching to the other brand. (unlike during the monday night wars) because the shows are not fighting against each other (yes I know wwe has 3 of the 4 shows) they can just mail the shows in and people will watch because they are just "wrestling fans" be it WWE, TNA, or casual. WWE still has the upper hand, one because they have been around longer, and because they can attract the casual fan easier. the casual fan has heard of the bigger names (hogan, andre, austin, rock) so they will be more likely to flip on a WWE show first because of hearing about these guys, not even knowing about TNA. (It was luck to find TNA, back when they were on FSN. I just happen to be sitting in my room with nothing to do. Going through the channels and stoping on a wrestling program.) As far as answering the original thread. Kurt will not show up in TNA, I am sure Vince made some stipulation in kurt's release preventing that. I don't think Kurt would want to go anyway even though it would mean a better schedule for him, I don't think he would turn his back on the WWE. even though having Kurt in TNA would allow him to help the talent perform better, it would actually be a BAD move for TNA to bring him. It would mean that creative would shoot him to the top or close to it, while the original TNA stars would be put down again. Just like they did with cage and sting.

Kurt needs to just sit home and relax. He's too much of a risk, mostly to himself right now. I'm sure he'll be back eventually, but he was already suspended once for painkillers, and he himself said he won't come back until he can work a schedule without relying on painkillers.

I know a lot of people are upset that he's left and for good reason he's one of the best pure athletes WWE has and his match are always good, but he's been entertaining us fro so long with his incredible work so I understand why he nees to take some personal time. All I have to say is heal up Angle and if you feel up to it the fans would love to see you soon.

It is a huge blow, i think there are a lot of people that would argue that Kurt Angle is technically the best wrestler the WWE has seen in maybe 10 years. Not only was his amateur stuff good but he learnt to brawl really quick and he even added that nice looking moonsault to his arsenal. I also think he was under-rated when it comes to his entertainment skills as well. Watching back through some old clips, some of his work was comedy genius. One particular scene when he was with the Rock and Rocky started speaking to the camara and Kurt stood there looking perplexed and innocently asked "who are you talking to?" to which the rock replied "im talking to the millions" Kurts face was an absolute picture as he nodded hid head knowingly! Ahh, its true, its true. But as mentioned before, i'd much rather see Kurt hang up his tights and remember some classic match-ups and some awesome angles (excuse the pun) then find in 6 months he has passed away.

Superstars shocked at Angle's release on wwe.com if you have not read it Rey Mysterio, Paul Heyman, Batista, Dean Malenko, Chavo Guerrero, and Ken Kennedy give their thoughts on the release of angle [url]http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsshocked[/url] The Chairman speaks on Kurt Angle [url]http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/chairmanonangle[/url] WWE-KURT ANGLE RELATIONS SOUR (article title on pwinsider.com) [url]http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=20066&p=1[/url] more news on angle/WWE [url]http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/1627[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived